• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. daz type-r

Shell V Power DONT USE

Did your work colleagues say why? Any proof or just their opinion? Shell V Power is all I have used since having this car and the power / pickup feels perfect to me? There have been many a myth over the years of Shell V Power being no good, is not actually 99 Ron etc, most of which have been...
  2. daz type-r

FL5 New Civic Type R

I have 2 Honda stealerships near me, may pop to them both on Saturday and see if they are taking refundable deposits, if they do, great, will have a look later on and make my mind up, if not, I have a fantastic FK8, win / win as far as I`m concerned.
  3. daz type-r

FL5 New Civic Type R

I have read that the Corolla GR is NOT coming to Europe. Something about the rule of 3 that Toyota have, so this will be the 4th GR model sold in Europe (GR86, Supra GR and the Yaris GR being the 3 currently sold).
  4. daz type-r

Dream Automotive in Luton.

Yeah, journey times and distance are almost identical, the PRL high volume intake is just £25 more expensive at TDI than it is at Dream, so just shopping around.
  5. daz type-r

Nottingham.
  6. daz type-r

Thank you very much, appreciate your reply. You read reviews ETC online but these days it’s hard to know what’s real and what’s not, so ”real world” reviews like this are excellent. 2 hrs trip down the M1 it is then for a PRL HVI !!
  7. daz type-r

Hi guys, Has any body used Dream Automotive in Luton for upgrades, parts, services ETC? Any good, one to avoid or can anybody recommend anywhere else? Also, are these the same outfit who has the Dream Automotive plate in the engine bay of the FK8? Cheers.
  8. daz type-r

PRL intake and Miltek exhaust for a 2020 FK8.

Hi all, Cant do a search on PRL as the search term is too short and I can see no mention of PRL in the 1st few pages of this sub forum, so just wondering if anybody on here as a PRL high volume intake? Im not after power gains and am not looking at a remap, I just want the car to sound better...
  9. daz type-r

FK2 Clutch valve delay removal

Excuse my ignorance, but is this issue a 1st into 2nd or a 2nd into 3rd issue?
  10. daz type-r

FK8 Fk8 current values

Just to add to the comments, 6 weeks ago I purchased a 2020 , 70 plate, face lift with 4800 miles on the clock, 11 months old, 1 owner with a 5 year service plan thrown in for £37,000. Yes it’s over priced, but not like it’s massively overpriced. I have seen 2018 pre facelifts with 12,500...
  11. daz type-r

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

That sorted it thanks, now I don't have to sit with the engine running so I can listen to music :D
  12. daz type-r

Ok thanks, will give it a go, tried long press and short press without the clutch depressed and it just beepsat me telling me to press the clutch, will try the double push method, thanks.
  13. daz type-r

Is it possible to put the ignition on without starting the car on the FK8? Cheers.
  14. daz type-r

Variable Service Indicator.

Quick question chaps, My FK8 is 4 days off being a year old, had a look on the service option on the dash and it says oil change in 2200 miles (Oil can symbol only, mileage and the letter A). The car has only done 5100 miles, so am I correct in thinking it does NOT need a service, just an oil...
  15. daz type-r

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

My bad, I thought we were talking about the FK8.
  16. daz type-r

The car in the UK is spec’d at 316 BHP because we have access to 98 + Ron, the USA is only 306 BHP as 98+ RON is more difficult to come by (happy to be corrected if that’s utter tosh). Only had the car 6 days, and it came with half a tank (I’m guessing 95 RON as the previous owner didn’t know...
  17. daz type-r

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

We have 18 months at least before the new R is out, that's a fair bit of time for all this nonsense to come to an end IMO. I guess if the chip shortage continues for much longer, then the next R will be delayed????? Top chap at Vauxhall said in the news just this week he expects the shortage...
  18. daz type-r

FK8 PMM scrubs up well…

Where did you get that done, if you don’t mind me asking? It looks fantastic.
  19. daz type-r

Loving these different perspectives guys, certainly gives you something to think about. For me, £37,000 was my top limit, as like you all have said, its a Civic at the end of the day. I was caught between a rock and a hard place, on the car I have now, it needed brakes and pads all round, air...
  20. daz type-r

Thanks all for your replies. Travelled from Nottingham to Preston to go see the car yesterday, checked for signs of it being curbed (as per some other poor chap on this forum), threw around the gears as fast as I could after 10 minutes of warming it up and no issues detected, car was sound, so...
  21. daz type-r

Cheers for the reply guys, guess it’s not affecting every car. Test drive will find it, if it’s there.
  22. daz type-r

Thanks for the response, good to know. Unless there is anything glaring obviously wrong with the car, will more than likely go for it, 4800 miles, 11 months old, 1 previous owner, just need to check if the fuel pump recall has been done or not?
  23. daz type-r

Appreciate the response, cheers.
  24. daz type-r

Hi all, I have done searches on here but it’s hard to distinguish between pre-facelift and facelift variants on the posts. Im due to go see a 2020 FK8 Facelift with 4800 miles, 11 months old on Monday. I appreciate the pre-facelift had brake / engine coolant issues on track days and that the...
  25. daz type-r

FK8 Fk8 current values

Just picked up a stunner (well, put a deposit down as currently on holiday so can’t get to see it until next week) , white, FK8 GT, 70 plate, facelift model, 4720 miles on the clock £36,990. Yeah it’s still overpriced but been looking for a facelift GT for over 3 months but not willing to go...
  26. daz type-r

There are loads of differences that the USA get that we don’t, for example a sub woofer in the boot and drinks holders in the centre rear seat. But to answer your question, no idea why there are differences between the specs.
  27. daz type-r

Somebody posted a screen shot on here the other day of a FK8, brand new, 8 miles on the clock, £49,999. I have found with WBAC that what they offer, is in fact a far cry from what you actually get, they just give you a decent price to get you in.
  28. daz type-r

Also to support the above, this is why FK8’s in USA only show 306 BHP, due to the lack of filling stations selling 99 RON fuel (so I read). Always wondered why USA stats said 306 and ROW showed 316 BHP. So looking at the fuel cap photo, if you can find a filling station that sells 95RON E10...
  29. daz type-r

New Honda Civic unveiled

So WHEN in 2022 do you think that will land in the UK?
  30. daz type-r

New Honda Civic unveiled

I agree, that looks horrific, I do hope they don’t tone down the R version too much, although how you have a hot hatch the size of a barge is beyond me.
  31. daz type-r

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Shouldn’t this be in the private lounge? :)
  32. daz type-r

FK8 No more new FK8's

Random question, if you found a car, second hand, circa 2500 miles on the clock, then you realise it has had 2 owners, would I be correct in being suspicious? Im struggling to think of any legit reasons why a car with 2500 miles on the clock would have 2 owners, unless 1 owner was a garage and...
  33. daz type-r

So been looking around Honda dealerships on their websites and just seen a video of a Type-R GT and on the video the sales manager clearly stated they cannot order any new Type-R GT’s, which ties in with what Nottingham Honda said to me on the phone yesterday. Also (by accident) watched a...
  34. daz type-r

Ok interesting. I spoke to Nottingham Honda this morning and they said they can’t order any more Type-R’s, but did have some Sportlines in stock. Said nothing about ordering one and it arriving from Japan, wonder if I was been sold a fib to try and buy a sportline???
  35. daz type-r

Well poo, looks there are no new GT’s to be had, production has stopped, only have what is left in stock and that is a few sport lines…. Looks like I will have to go 2nd hand
  36. daz type-r

Ok, so the chance of me getting a new Type-R in September is what, none existent?
  37. daz type-r

Wheel spacers

Also is it not an MOT failure if the wheels are outside the wheel arches.
  38. daz type-r

FK8 Non-performance modifications not insured

Good to know. Have you ever had to use them at all?
  39. daz type-r

FK8 Non-performance modifications not insured

Yeah I’m confused here, tyres do not invalidate insurance unless you had an accident and subsequently found out they were defective, changing tyres between brands makes zero difference. I have hire wired sat navs before and not told insurance. As for oil catch tank, I would be more worried...
  40. daz type-r

Site not secure?

Thanks for the quick fix.
  41. daz type-r

Site not secure?

Hi Guys. On my apple products, the site will not load, says the certificate has expired or the site is not secure or could be another site posing as this one. Works fine on my works Windows PC, just cannot get to the site from any Apple products. Not sure where the issue lies so thought to...
  42. daz type-r

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

MickR asks a good question, what is the actual failure (just interested as to what can go wrong with a washer jet).
  43. daz type-r

FK8 Battery Charging

I dont see why you cant charge it with it still being attached (still in the car). I charged my battery over the last few months (not a Civic) with the battery still wired in with no issues (that I can tell). Happy to be corrected though.
  44. daz type-r

FK2 Vibration at motorway speeds

I had this on an EP3, it was OK a low speeds, very noticeable around 60MPH and tailed off as I went quicker. Took to the local tire place, balancing was off as I had lost a weight.
  45. daz type-r

Another FK8...

Oooooo, very nice.
  46. daz type-r

Big thread here already..... https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/e10-fuel-launch-in-september.81174/
  47. daz type-r

FK8 Rev indicators

Surely that's the only place a Type-R should be? :)
  48. daz type-r

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Would you say Blackcircles are a good company to deal with "if" they have what you want in stock but if they dont, then they take your money and faff you about and eventually you get your tires? Is that a fair assessment?
  49. daz type-r

EP3 won't start

MY battery died 6 months ago on my crapy Vauxhall after being sat for months and months, it was that dead even the AA van could not jump start it! No option but to replace the battery, doors wouldn't even lock.
  50. daz type-r

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

This has been a handy thread, thanks chaps, never used Blackcircle but their prices seem good. Not got my Type-R yet but banking all this info for when I do and also the info on upping to 35's, always thought going up a depth size was a no no but the change seems marginal.
  51. daz type-r

Can I just clarify something sort of related to this topic, so is that why the USA Type-R's (the new FK8 models) have 306 BHP as the States dont have 98 / 99RON (is this statement true)? Where as the UK spec (for example) claim 316 BHP as we have access to 98 / 99RON fuel? I was under the...
  52. daz type-r

FK8 Not many brand new FK8s left apparently - just ordered mine

After an 11 year no CTR ownership (kids), I am looking to get a new CTR, phoned the local dealership to enquire on lead times now Swindon is closed and they said could be 2 weeks, could be 5 months, depending on what spec + colour you want. They said CTR's are produced in batches, if the spec +...
Back