• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

M Factory Gearbox Oil

Thank you for the replies
  2. S

M Factory Gearbox Oil

Hello all, I am fitting an M Factory Helical LSD Stage 1 Racepack to my EP3 The car is my daily and is not used on track. Should I use Honda MTF3 or Torco MTF? Thank you
  3. S

UPACLICK Front Splitter EP3

Hello all, Has anyone fitted the UPACLICK Front Splitter to their EP3 for road use? If so how is it? Also did you find it caught on speed humps? My EP3 is lowered on Eibach Pros Thank You
  4. S

Tuning - does it make a real difference?

Good question! I will not turbo or supercharge the car so if I do take it further it will be the following then I am done: TDI North Cams Throttle body and fuel rail Possibly a big brake kit Polybushes
  5. S

Hello, For those of you that are interested here is my write up regarding the mods to my CIVIC Type R EP3 The car already had decent tyres, upgraded brakes, upgraded suspension and a Tegiwa intake. It was filled with Shell V Power I had a lot of work done during the two days that I was at TDI...
  6. S

Thank you for the reply, I have now paid for a tuning package at TDI North. I have also got an MFactory LSD Stage 1 race pack and a Spoon 5.1 Final Drive to be fitted. I cannot wait for the work to be done and will post up a review for you guys once completed
  7. S

Thanks Flashy, I have already done the handling and braking so next is the power upgrade, I just wanted to make sure that it was worth doing. I originally thought that I would keep the car standard but I have had it for 5 years now and don't think that I could ever sell it so I may as well make...
  8. S

Thanks Chris, Im not fussed about overall speed but would like like it to accelerate a bit faster and have more mid range so I think I will go for it.
  9. S

Hello all, I have a standard performance EP3 other than an air box. I am about to commit to buying the following: K100 & remap Intake manifold Exhaust manifold Full exhaust system The above will cost me almost 3K (half the total value of the car) so for those of you that have done...
  10. S

EP3 Side Skirt Removal

Thank you both, I will give it a try!
  11. S

EP3 Side Skirt Removal

Hello all, I always search YouTube for things like this but there is not a video for side skirt removal! So - there are two screws located at the front end of the skirt inside of the arch and there are two black 'pop rivets' underneath Are there any other fixings to look out for...
  12. S

Rear Camber Kit - DME or Hardrace?

Hello Monty89 The parts were fitted two weeks ago so I am still getting used to it and the car needs to settle a bit before I have another FRSU to make sure everything is 100% I can tell you that the car feels a lot like oem even with the new shocks and springs which is good, the car is a...
  13. S

How long to bed in?

Thanks Hazz (daaaaan saaaaf) Norv- thanks for the pointer I will google them
  14. S

How long to bed in?

Hello all, I have just had new shocks, springs and associated FRSU items fitted. Question 1 How many miles would you think I need to cover for the items to settle/ bed in? Question 2 Recommendations for a FRSU in the South East, preferably in Kent and preferably close to Maidstone...
  15. S

So..... in the end I went for the following: Sachs Shocks Eibach Pro Springs Eibach Camber Bolts JDM Rear Anti Roll Bar Hardrace Ball Joints Hardrace Reinforced Drop Links Hardrace Camber Arms Steering Rack Riser Looking forward to getting it all fitted and setup!
  16. S

The Eibach Control arms are not that easy to find- as time goes on I am finding this more and more with EP3 parts. It is a 15 year old car now so I guess this is to be expected. Torque QT have them for sale but they are £191.60
  17. S

Thank you ewaaj
  18. S

Not sure where the emoji came from! It’s meant to say £118
  19. S

Hello all, Today I am buying the bits I need for a FRSU Car is an EP3 for Road Use Which is the better product: DME (approx £106) Or Hardrace (approx £118) Thank you
  20. S

Does modifying the engine make much of a difference?

Thanks for the responses I guess I now need to decide if I modify mine or sell it and buy a one that’s had the work done.
  21. S

Thanks Flashy, that’s what I’m after really- more torque and acceleration (not fussed about top end as where would you use it)! I hate the fact the VTec comes in at 5800 and would love it lowered.
  22. S

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply. Yes I’ve looked over the various options- fast road setup, coilovers, big brake kits etc. I have also owned various other cars since having the EP3 including a Clio 182 Cup, Corolla TTE Compressor and an Impreza STI Prodrive Widetrack. They have all been great...
  23. S

Hello, I have a standard EP3 that I have owned for 5 years. Obviously in that time I am used to the performance, I really like the car so don’t want to change it so am considering the normal bolt on mods, K100/pro and a remap. I see that people generally get around 230 - 240 BHP so my...
  24. S

Shocks- SACHS V KYB

Thanks Wilmo, I did not know that (I thought Bilstein made them). Basically my options are: 1) Sachs Shocks and Eibach springs for £410 then do a FRSU 2) HONDA Shocks and Springs for £885 then a new geometry setup Can someone please confirm if Sachs shocks are decent and will last as the firs...
  25. S

Shocks- SACHS V KYB

Hello, thank you for the advice. I checked and the shocks from Cox are £577 A set of KYB or SACHS from AUTODOC are around £240 As I need springs as well would I be better off buying a set of decent coil overs such as Yellowspeed?
  26. S

Shocks- SACHS V KYB

Hello, I will be running OEM springs but need new shocks. I have tried searching with some people saying SACHS are soft and others saying KYB are poor quality lately and leak. Does anyone have any first hand recent experience of either? The costs are virtually the same. Thank you
  27. S

EP3 rear brake pad part number

Hello Andy, No problem at all. I did end up buying the (10160014A) pads for the rear. I went to fit them but could not get the calliper off the rear as it had been on for so long. Whilst the wheel was off I did offer the new pad up to the calliper, now you can never be 100% certain but it did...
  28. S

EP3 rear brake pad part number

Hello all, Today a well known car part site has 50% off brakes today only. I have a 2005 EP3 Premier with standard brakes and I thought that all of the brakes on the EP3 were the same? However on this site there are two choices for the rear pads as follows: BREMBO - Product Code...
  29. S

EP2 to EP3 bonnet swap (both facelift models)

Mike that's great- thank you.
  30. S

EP2 to EP3 bonnet swap (both facelift models)

Hello, I have looked and can see several posts regarding putting EP3 parts onto EP2's however does it work the other way: Will an EP2 bonnet fit directly to an EP3 and are there any differences at all including weight? Thank you in advance.
  31. S

EP3/ FN2 callipers

Hello all, I ordered a refurbed set from brakeparts.co.uk they took one day to arrive and look like new. Once I return my callipers it will work out around £130 for the pair so very happy with that. Thanks for the advice!
  32. S

EP3/ FN2 callipers

Thanks gents, I will have a look at that site tomorrow
  33. S

EP3/ FN2 callipers

That's great- thank you LOXY
  34. S

EP3/ FN2 callipers

Hello all, I have a Premier edition EP3 and a front calliper has seized. Do the FN2 callipers fit directly as they have Type R embossed on them the same as the EP3 premier edition callipers. Also does anywhere know a decent place to buy as they are coming up fairly expensive. Thank you
  35. S

EP3 exhaust mid section replacement?

Hello all, My mid section started blowing this week, the weld at the silencer has failed. It is a standard exhaust so I want a direct replacement that does not require a remap. Where is the best place to buy a steel repalcement? Where is the best place to buy a stainless replacement...
  36. S

EP3 front calliper mounting bracket bolt thread and pitch

Hello all, does anyone one know the thread and pitch of the front calipe mounting bracket bolt? By this I mean the main bolts that hold the caliper to the hub. I tried to put mine back in today and they got stuck after about 2 rotations- I am guessing the locktite needs cleaning from the...
  37. S

Front Pads - Ferodo DS2500 V Project MU HC 800

Thanks guys- I have now ordered PBS pads and RBP discs. £256 delivered which is not bad. will give an update once fitted and bedded in!
  38. S

Front Discs - Stoptech Sportstop V RPB

Thanks for all the advice guys. Pretty sure that I will go for the RPB discs and PBS or Project MU pads.
  39. S

It's cool- I found a UK supplier :)
  40. S

Thanks Dooksy- do you know a good site to buy Dixcel? I did a Google search and it is not showing me any obvious UK sellers. Thanks again.
  41. S

Thanks Dooksy - that's another one for me to research now (and I thought I had made my mind up :) ) I have another post up at the moment regarding discs (Stoptech or RPB) if you have any thoughts on these that would be appreciate.
  42. S

Thanks guys, I will have a quick look at the Dixcels but from the looks of it I will be getting the Project MU Pads!
  43. S

Hello all, I am going to replace my front pads (EP3) and just wanted to see some real life opinions. So I have decided on the Ferodo DS2500 or the Project MU HC 800 Both claim to be premium and they are similar in price (Prioject Mu are about £20 more expensive) I have heard good things...
  44. S

Hello all, So I am going to replace my front discs (EP3) and just wanted to see some real life opinions. So I have decided on the Stoptech Sportstop or the RPB front discs. Both claim to be premium, both are slotted and they both claim to use the same vein technology for cooling however...
  45. S

SPOON Magnetic Plug Size

That's great, thanks Loxy
  46. S

SPOON Magnetic Plug Size

Hello I have just received my SPOON Magnetic Oil Plugs, one for the engine oil and one for the gearbox oil. One is a lot longer than the other and it does not say on the box which is for which! Am I right in thinking the longer one is for the gearbox and the shorter for the engine? Thanks in...
  47. S

Apologies – Another Oil Question

Thanks for the advice, I have ordered the 5W30 as I do a lot of cold starts (theoretically it should warm up a bit faster as it is thinner than 40) I will post an update if I have any issues!
  48. S

Hello guys, thank you for the reply. What benifits does 40 offer over 30? I read somewhere that it is thicker when hot - is this the main benifit? Thank you
  49. S

Hello all, I have searched the forum but cannot get a definitive answer on what oil to use – so far I have seen people recommended 0W30 or 5W30 or 5W40 or 10W40. I even phoned two HONDA Dealers and they told me different weights/ oils! I have a standard (other than ITG) EP3 with 50K on the...
  50. S

Where is the best place to buy a new calliper carrier?

Hello all, I removed my nearside calliper carrier and one of the bolts had been cross threaded - Any idea of whdere I can buy a replcement please? I have tried Euro but they only sell the calliper and not the carrier. Thanks in advance
  51. S

Front Light Compatibility

Thank you Loxy, I am going to tackle it tonight (as long as i have enough light). I will let you know if it is a success.
  52. S

Front Light Compatibility

Hello all, Not quite a mod but pretty close – I currently own a 55 plate CIVIC SPORT and have just bought a CIVIC TYPE R 55 plate Premier Edition. The SPORT had a recent brand new genuine OS front light, the CTR has some clouding on the OS front light (you can see where I am going with...
Back