• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Scottish Type-R

Phil’s ep3 resto

Your EP3 is looking great and look forward to more on this thread. Great work. :)
  2. Scottish Type-R

EP3 Alarm Problems

Update: Have now re-programmed the fobs again as looks like it was still half in program mode. But both working now and deadlock works as expected. Indicators flashing again with the locking and un-locking of the car. Thanks for the extra info @Shoonk and @HongKong.
  3. Scottish Type-R

EP3 Alarm Problems

Yeah that's a good point. Something else to check. Thanks.
  4. Scottish Type-R

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Only update, is recently had the underside of the EP3 all cleaned and it now has been completely undersealed and protected. Was informed the underside was in very good state before undersealing. Looking at getting some new engine mounts and sorting out the central locking issue with the alarm...
  5. Scottish Type-R

EP3 Alarm Problems

Thanks. Gonna try this also in case it is just the fobs that need re-programming. :)
  6. Scottish Type-R

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

Aye, I have the Momo Steering wheel on my Premier Edition. Had the car all cleaned and undersealed recently. See you went for the Climairs. Had them before I got my Honda Access JDM wind deflectors. I liked the Climair ones Had the Dark sport ones before I sold them.. But really liked the Honda...
  7. Scottish Type-R

EP3 Alarm Problems

Hi Shoonk, Good thread. Been having similar issues to you but I can lock the car with the remotes. But it will not deadlock when you click the second time, but only the boot double locks. Then similar to you my alarm will go off. so not sure what is going on, if like you I possibly need a new...
  8. Scottish Type-R

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

Congrats on the JDM EP3 Beach. Looks a fine example. Enjoy. I may have a Gruppe M for sale at some point.
  9. Scottish Type-R

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

Nice Hazz. Look forward to the new car thread.
  10. Scottish Type-R

Hi All, Hope you are all staying safe and well. Not done a lot with the EP3 for a while. I suppose could create a thread about my CW FK8 but I am sure you all seen enough of those. lol. MOT and service for the EP3 next and sorting out the AC.
  11. Scottish Type-R

What did you do to your Type R today?

lol my 69 plate FK8 is just over a year I have had it and on 9.2k Also only had the A service done last Saturday.
  12. Scottish Type-R

A very long over due update: EP3 never went up for sale, as I struggled to let it go, so I decided last year to keep it and just continue to enjoy the car. The old headlight units were cracked and starting to leak/condensation on the inside of the lens. Plus bad discolouration and fogging...
  13. Scottish Type-R

Honda FRV

Yeah the Mugen one Jim... Not that I am biased or anything... lol
  14. Scottish Type-R

Update: EP3 will be going up for sale at some point When I don't know struggling to want to part with it...... FK8 in CW arriving in 2-3 weeks :) Will start a new car thread then.
  15. Scottish Type-R

FK8 FK8 ordered

Yeah had an FK8 for 3 days on loan from Honda dealer as a wedding gift. Best man hassled them and said would buy one from them. And I have now. lol
  16. Scottish Type-R

FK8 FK8 ordered

Hi All, Ordered up my FK8 in CW also. Should be here in first week in September. Having the Red Illumination Pack. :D Currently have a NHB Premier edition EP3
  17. Scottish Type-R

Not a lot to update. Car through MOT. Failed on split CV boot. Still loving the Gruppe M. But the EP3 is prob going up for sale soon. Had a FK8 on loan for 3 days and enjoyed it. So starting the process next week to buy an FK8. Will keep you posted.
  18. Scottish Type-R

Thanks mate for the recommendation. I am going to order up the intake pipe and stainless steel clips. See they do a full kit for the EP3 and different Honda's. Might grab the coolant pipes also. My Goodridge Phantom brake lines arrived on Wednesday there along with the Motul RBF600 brake...
  19. Scottish Type-R

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

Just finished reading your full post. Very nice Dotty. Hope all is well.
  20. Scottish Type-R

Not too many updates. Just so busy at the moment with getting married this year. And switching from contractor to permie job. Have any of you had any experience of silicone pipes from this company below? I am looking to change out the OEM induction and cooling pipes...
  21. Scottish Type-R

Just a quick update: Gruppe M arrived from Japan yesterday via Torque GT. :) Will get some pics up once fitted.
  22. Scottish Type-R

Just a quick update: Car had both rear calipers rebuilt and repainted. Driver side one was sticking badly. So just got both rebuilt. Also bought some New NS 400 Project Mu pads for the rebuikd calipers. Bought a GruppeM induction kit and waiting on that ti arrive. :)
  23. Scottish Type-R

Are you going for Genuine Honda front and rear engine mounts? I am just reading your build thread for Bob. And didn't realise you had all that gearbox work done back in June 2015 :) MFactory LSD made a huge difference :)
  24. Scottish Type-R

Facelift EP3 Flywheel Weight 4.9KG (OEM) my MFactory one is 9lbs converted = 4.08KG part number MF-TRS-09K20. As I said was bought and fitted via Stevie at Grinspeed. :)
  25. Scottish Type-R

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Welshy just incase you were looking for some Wind deflectors or for any of the FK8 owners on here. :) https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-5-door-wind-deflectors-window-visors-2017/
  26. Scottish Type-R

LOL hated the inserts :P Cabin vibration with just the front and rear engine mounts done. Was a workaround until could get new engine mounts. Which has now been down and quiet again :P I should sell you my old ones with the inserts in lol
  27. Scottish Type-R

The engine revs more freely and just feels more alive. The acceleration feels better too. And with the MFactory LSD with Stage 1 racepack certainly helps put the power down. Def worth doing. I have an Ultralight brand flywheel I will be selling as I wanted an MFactory one. It is only 5 months...
  28. Scottish Type-R

Japspeed EP3 manifold on DC5?

lol I didn't pay nearly that price for it :P Better exchange rate for me two years ago :D. And I concur with Loxy in the leaflet/instructions that came with my Mugen Mani said for EP3/DC5.
  29. Scottish Type-R

Quick update. Happy New year to everyone. So I was at Grinspeed last Friday and had the new Gen Drop links installed the Gen JDM front and rear ARBs fitted a MFactory flywheel, exeedy OEM clutch fitted. Had my tracking redone and my FRSU re-setup after the tracking was sorted. :) minor...
  30. Scottish Type-R

Ep3 facelift flywheel

I got a new Genuine Honda Clutch kit, MFactory Helical LSD with Stage 1 racepack upgrade, and a lighter flywheel installed by Stevie at Grinspeed in August this year. Completely transformed the car for me. Certainly worth putting in an LSD at same time if the funds allow.
  31. Scottish Type-R

lol. I'm traveling down to North Wales to see family so makes sense on way back to Scotland have Stevie do the work :)
  32. Scottish Type-R

So I decided to pass on the DC5. Older car. Tough I do like them I have to be practical now and save for the FK8 with now being with the gf for nearly a year and not getting any younger if I want a family.... On the plus side though........ Have ordered and received the Genuine Honda JDM front...
  33. Scottish Type-R

Not a lot to report. But had the front wings, bonnet and front bumper and splitter repainted. Pics to follow. :) Might be buying a DC5 prefacelift. Not sure yet. Will keep you posted.
  34. Scottish Type-R

Passed the MOT. :) Caliper replaced and painted. Old one rebuilt and ready for painting as a spare. Managed to source to EP3 style logo Premier edition calipers. As it was my birthday this week and the car was in need of a new clutch I took a trip to Grinspeed yesterday and got a Lighter...
  35. Scottish Type-R

Driver side front Caliper seized so new Type-R embossed caliper installed. Service and MOT on Monday.
  36. Scottish Type-R

Your tyre reviews

Michelin PSS XL on my EP3. :) No complaints so far.
  37. Scottish Type-R

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Yeah still have the spare Mugen twinloop. :) Still using mine. Sounds better with age. Cool on the third EP3. I just replaced the driver side front PremierEdition Caliper. Honda managed to source me one with EP3 version of the Type R logo on it.
  38. Scottish Type-R

Lol Hey Jim didn't realise you had another EP3. Hope all is well with you. :) Been so busy recently just catching up on forum time.
  39. Scottish Type-R

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

Good choice for sound on the Mugen Twinloop. I like mine too. Nice balanced sound. And Mugen quality. JUst ordered up the Gruppe M intake for my EP3. Your car is looking good.
  40. Scottish Type-R

TRO Mugs

I am like the design so far. Def the thermo mug for me but I will take one of the regular mugs also. :D
  41. Scottish Type-R

Mugen Twinloop help

I have a genuine Mugen Twinloop catback on my EP3. Do have another Mugen twinloop catback system for sale soon. Has a couple of minor dents on the b-pipe silencer. But I have the pics if you were interested. :)
  42. Scottish Type-R

Have managed 400 miles before on a trip from Scotland to Oxford. But normally get around 300 at the moment. A road driving with some motorway. Tesco Momentum 99, K&N drop in filter, Mugen Twinloop Catback exhaust. :)
  43. Scottish Type-R

Update, Went to Grinspeed second week of Jan to have the timing chain, tenioner and guides replaced. Vtec Solenoid gasket replaced and a mini service. :D Car feels like new. Another fun visit to Grinspeed. Sorry, I have just been busy with work. Will try to get pics up at the weekend.
  44. Scottish Type-R

TRO Mugs

Polished Alloy one for me please. :)
  45. Scottish Type-R

Mugen 200

That was harsh on the damage to the car Welshy. :( I am glad your getting it sorted out. But agreed with you that with them discontinuing the parts I can see why you would want to move to the FK2. Hope it all works out for you. :D
  46. Scottish Type-R

TRO Mugs

Don't know on a company but I would buy a mug :)
  47. Scottish Type-R

Yeah not a bad price. £110. Will get the pics up. Looks better now :)
  48. Scottish Type-R

FD2 FD2 Service in South East

Lol crazy man. But like you said if a well paying contract I don't blame you. :P
  49. Scottish Type-R

I find the Project MU discs and pads great.Into Grinspeed a week tomorrow for full timing chain and components replaced , oil and oil filter change. Plus vtec solenoid maintance. Replace the gasket/filter and clean it out. April/ May get Stevie to refresh the gearbox and clutch.Thursday this...
  50. Scottish Type-R

My Milano Red CTR

Still good millage though. Your EP3 has always been a cracking example of a Milano red one. :)
  51. Scottish Type-R

NS400 pads then :). Have you done anything to the road car?
  52. Scottish Type-R

Hi Thanks. The ns400 pads and Project MU discs are a nice upgraded from OEM and the car braking performance is a lot better. OEM discs and pads were good also but you do notice a big difference. Project MU ns400 but for track car maybe the racing rated pads.
  53. Scottish Type-R

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Nice update. Mine is at 88K miles. Got her booked in to Get the timing chain and kit done at Grinspeed next month. Plus the vtec solenoid maintenance done too. New gaskets.
  54. Scottish Type-R

Hi All, Hope you all had a good and safe Christmas. As promised here is the Calipers done in Ferrari Rosso Scuderia red. A bit brighter than the usual red. The Honda type R embossed was painted white then they were all laquared.
  55. Scottish Type-R

Calipers were completed on Wednesday this week. Have the pics to add to the thread shortly. :D
  56. Scottish Type-R

Michelin pilots 4

I currently have the Pilot Sport 4's on the front and Pilot Sport 3's on the rear of my EP3. Have been very impressed with these tyres and had almost 17K miles out the Pilot sport 4's already. Well worth it. I plan to switch to the super sports when these tyres are ready for changing.
  57. Scottish Type-R

Hi All, Anyone know of a good car interior repairer in Scotland. My Driver side Recaro is looking worn. I checked the price to replace these parts from Honda. Err No lol Like well over 1.5K for the bolster and material to cover. Cheers PS. I will put some pics up to show you what I mean...
  58. Scottish Type-R

No new updates. Except at work I park next to 2 CW DC5s. Type-R corner. :)
  59. Scottish Type-R

Type R #10 - Premium deep violet pearl FD2 (facelift)

Car is looking good dotty. Coming together nicely. :D
  60. Scottish Type-R

Quick update. Yesterday I had the Project MU Front and rear discs fitted plus the front and rear NS400 pads. Much better braking performance. Project MU lines to follow next year.
  61. Scottish Type-R

Not much to update. I am waiting to get the Project MU brake lines. And the cash for the Gruppe M intake :D Had a quote to get my bonnet resprayed. Front bumper redone as the lacquer is peeling and the back bumper done. Also the scratch on the roof and various bits on the wings done. Also...
  62. Scottish Type-R

Neil's red ep3.

Lol lets behonest being old has its advantages with these cars. Our insurance is a lot cheaper and with mods it don't cost a lot more. :)
  63. Scottish Type-R

Dotty, I'm waiting for you to get a FD2 Mugen RR at some point. ;)
  64. Scottish Type-R

lol Looks good Dotty. Mugen floor mats :p Woohooo. Do love the paint colour on this car. Looks cracking.
  65. Scottish Type-R

Jimbo's Project slow & sideways - mk1 MX5

lol nice Jim. Can't wait to see what you do with the Mk1. There is a guy near me has one with a crazy spoiler on it. I will try and get a pic of the car for you. :)
  66. Scottish Type-R

Hamza's Civic Type R Premier Edition

:p Mugen twinloop all the way lol I've gone Project NS400 all round as I'm not gonna track my ep3 for now.
  67. Scottish Type-R

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Norv is right it's different shape to allow the figment of aftermarket exhaust manifolds. For me to fit my Mugen manifold to UKDM ep3 need the front JDM ARB as the manifold was build and designed for the JDM ep3. If you also upgrade the rear ARB to the JDM one you will notice a difference as...
  68. Scottish Type-R

Type R #9 CW FD2

Dotty just looked back over your thread there. Love the Mugen vented bonnet :) And some nice additions there. Did you get the Project MU Brake lines?
  69. Scottish Type-R

I got the discs from HendyPerformance. They are one on the traders on here. If they don't have any try Matt at injection imports. :)
  70. Scottish Type-R

You curbed the alloys again.........:picardfp: :D
  71. Scottish Type-R

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Car is looking good Pete. Do we now call you BMW Pete? :p:D
  72. Scottish Type-R

Update. The Project MU CRD front and rear discs arrived on Monday. So these will go nicely with the NS400 brake pads. Looking at the Project MU brake lines too. But looking to see if Stevie could maybe fit me in next week to get the discs and pads fitted. As the front OEM pads are down to 3mm :(
  73. Scottish Type-R

Mugen Facelift grille arrived from injection imports and Mugen keyring to replace my old type r one. Pics later
  74. Scottish Type-R

I can honestly say what a difference to drive the car now. Steering feels much more responsive and the car feels planted in the corners. Also feels better able to put the power down. To any new Type R owners make this your first mod. Worth it. Can't thank Grinspeed enough. Even though busy...
  75. Scottish Type-R

Hi Shifty, I'm near Glasgow :) And thanks. So an update I am currently at Grinspeed having my FRSU done. Yes I know at last lol. Having a good laugh with Stevie and co.
  76. Scottish Type-R

Hi all Just a little update. I got told my driver side brake pads were down to 3mm left. Not bad since not been required to be changed in the two years I have owned the car. So after talking to Loxy and his advice, I invested in some Project Mu NS400 front and rear pads. I am also upgrading...
  77. Scottish Type-R

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Your Cosmetic Grey (lol) Sorry I mean Cosmic Grey is looking good with the black alloys. Nice wrapping. Best thing I did was get the Mugen Twinloop wrapped. Hardly any kettling now. Car is coming along nicely. :D
  78. Scottish Type-R

Well Full Honda service and MOT done today on the car. Passed MOT with no issues. :D Fuchs Titan racing Pro S oil and Mugen Oil filter installed. Had the valve clearances done too. Much better.
  79. Scottish Type-R

EP3 exhaust gaskets and bolts needed!

Sorry I believe the manifold hanger is different. From the lings Honda pics anyway. It is something I will have to look at for when I put the Mugen header and Sports cat on.
  80. Scottish Type-R

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Cracking post. Car looks like it has been well looked after. Wasn't a fan of the Cosmic Grey to behonest at first, but I have to say it has grown on me looks good. Mugen UK HQ :D Awesome.
  81. Scottish Type-R

It is Ed. Nice view though out over the coast and Croy shore is great for BBQs.
  82. Scottish Type-R

EP3 exhaust gaskets and bolts needed!

Hi Stu, In my car thread is info on the gaskets. Now I am assuming the Twinloop and Fuji are same size of piping? I only used the cat gasket from Honda as there is no gasket that goes in the catback b-pipe to cat section. Only the cat has the gasket at this junction. Now the gasket for the...
  83. Scottish Type-R

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I'm running PS4s on the front and still PS3's on the back of the EP3. John I'm not sure but I know if I had waited for black circles it was around £128 for the PSS for the EP3. According to BC your FK2's would be £174.23 per PSS Tyre or £696.92 for four. Thats including fitting.
  84. Scottish Type-R

I went down to the beach yesterday for the holy fair with armed forces day. Sun was out too so it made for a better day. We have an area/piece of road called the Electric Brae. It gives an optical illusion of you going down hill but you are actually going up hill. :D Stopped off and took a few...
  85. Scottish Type-R

The Bikerat

lol Jim. This will give my friend Dave some ideas. He recently bought a 1990 Micra 1.2 GS. Only had 43K on the clock. :D
  86. Scottish Type-R

Civic Ep3 loud rumbling noise exhaust

Did you get a shiny Exhaust from Matt at InjectionImports Hazma? :p Yes it is a common issue with the aftermarket exhausts on the EP3. Mine is Heat wrapped from the start of the b-pipe to the b-pipe silencer. Switched out the poly mounts and switched to the J S Racing ones. It made a huge...
  87. Scottish Type-R

Mugen Recaro seats...... yes please.... But can't afford them at the mo lol. Nevermind. I like my Premier edition recaros. :D
  88. Scottish Type-R

Yes Krzys. :p Well a little update. I ended up getting two Michelin Pilot Sport 4s today to replace the two front PS3s that had lasted well. So far impressed. Car is gripping the road better again.
  89. Scottish Type-R

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Nice. To quote a guy selling his CTR on Gumtree. Go check out the thread on car ads on here. Funny as. He has his Cosmic down as a Cosmetic Grey CTR :D lol
  90. Scottish Type-R

Cheers mate for the info. I had messaged Loxy earlier and he confirmed to me it didn't need mapped. Good to know. But like you say I will be KPROing it so can have my Mugen mani and sports cat installed and fitted to the twinloop. Least with the Gruppe M there get a little more power out it at...
  91. Scottish Type-R

It was only the B-pipe I got wrapped up to the b-pipe silencer. You have already bought the exhaust?
  92. Scottish Type-R

Can't remember mate. I will ask Johnny at Elite custom exhausts here in Scotland. He fitted the Mugen twinloop and wrapped it for me. It was from the start the cat back at the cat to the middle silencer at the back of car before it goes to the back box.
  93. Scottish Type-R

Lol NYA it does sound good. On the various videos I have seen. :D Krzys Take it you don't need a remap to use it. I thought you did. :D Josh yeah I will need the front JDM ARB to fit the Mugen manifold anyway. So worth while upgrading to the rear JDM ARB too. Was down the beach this weekend...
  94. Scottish Type-R

Neil's red ep3.

Not many Milano EP3s around. Car looks good. Then I go and see 3 different ladies all driving milano red EP3s at the weekend. lol Will be good to see what else you add to the car. :D
  95. Scottish Type-R

And a Gruppe M induction Kit? Not toforget your KPro4 :D I think Stu on here has the Legalis R
  96. Scottish Type-R

A little update.... So much for cutting back on the car spend. Decided to get a price for the Gruppe M Air Ram kit. Will be the last modification item for the car. Makes sense upgrading the intake. Just putting some cash by now to get the FRSU done and a TDi North visit. Will keep you posted...
  97. Scottish Type-R

Yeah the weather has been stunning up here in Scotland. Crazy... Hot and sunny up here. Window down listening to the nice tuned sound of the twinloop lol. Not much to report. Getting hold of some Michelin Pilot super sports to replace the front Pilot sport 3s which have lasted me well. Tempted...
  98. Scottish Type-R

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Liking your Vtec noise on the car. What intake you using?
  99. Scottish Type-R

I'm good thanks mate. You? Started working again after unemployment for short of 4 months. Glad to be back in employment. How is the HGV training? Car is fun. Just getting the Mugen facelift grille. :D Still liking the twinloop? Josh should purchase my other twinloop :D
  100. Scottish Type-R

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

I will log in over on CTRO and see if I can bump the threat up.
Back