• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

Was just having a look on Auto Trader & a used FL5 is still more than I paid for a brand new M135i with Comfort Pack,Pro Pack & 5 Year Service Plan :eek:
  2. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

What with the timing of release & the price I never did get my FL5 :( Having already had 2 White Type Rs (Mugen 200 & FK8) and 2 Black (FN2 & FK2 Black Edition) I think I'd have gone for this colour :cool: Here's what I actually ended up with...just the same if you squint LOL :p
  3. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

I've seen a whole 2 FL5s so far o_O One Black & one Red
  4. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

Still competitively priced :)
  5. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

If that's a fully fitted price from Costco (never used them before) then that's a cracking deal :cool:
  6. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

TBH every Type R I've ever had has been plagued with phantom TPMS warnings ⚠️ To be clear those aftermarket 18" Bola wheels/tyres in the link aren't mine :p I see the link has been removed now anyway ;) Only ever had the Michelins on my FK2 :) With my FK8 I just stuck with the Sport Contact...
  7. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

Be aware that the Michelins have a squarer/more traditional shoulder as opposed to the stretched look of say the Sport Contact 6 ;) Here are the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S on my FK2 (at the time) albeit in 19" form :p Alternatively these have just come up for sale :cool...
  8. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

Never tried those so can't really comment :)
  9. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Tyres (20" Wheels)

Get Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S...good tyre & will last way longer than Sport Contact 6 :cool: Better in the cold/wet too ;)
  10. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Phil’s ep3 resto

Epic update as usual :cool:
  11. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Honda Civic Type R review - the ultimate hot hatch?

As long as you're still here Geoff that's all that matters :D An asset to the forum :cool:
  12. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FN2 Eventually I joined the club

It just proves you're human :p
  13. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Honda Civic Type R review - the ultimate hot hatch?

Me neither but still enjoyed reading the review Geoff :cool:
  14. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FN2 Eventually I joined the club

Didn't realise Michelin were in collaboration with Bridgestone LOL :p
  15. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Type R FK8 All Season Tyres

Glad I could help :cool: TBH when I had my FK8 I just ran Continental Sport Contact 6 Summer tyres in all weathers :p Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S are better in the cold/wet compared to the Continentals though (way better tread life too) ;) Not missing those 20" tyre prices LOL
  16. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Me again LOL These are all the correct size :) The speed rating is different though... https://www.mytyres.co.uk/search?priceCategory=recommended&vehicleTypes=PKW&vehicleTypes=RACE_PKW&vehicleTypes=LLKW&vehicleTypes=VINTAGE_PKW&vehicleTypes=OFF&width=245&profile=30&size=20&season=wi
  17. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Something else to consider... https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/winter-tyres.78795/
  18. MARKTHOMASBRAND

You could get a set of 19" FK2 wheels with All Season tyres for the Winter Months :)
  19. MARKTHOMASBRAND

This is the correct size but has a W speed rating instead of Y Also says R & not ZR though...just trying to help LOL https://www.ractyres.co.uk/continental/contiwintercontact-ts830p/245-30-20-90-w-xl-contiwintercontact-ts830p
  20. MARKTHOMASBRAND

These have just a slightly higher profile (35 instead of 30)... https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/crossclimate-2/245/35/R20/Y/95/m?tyre=43651852&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIssP8x7CdggMVuIBQBh2pYAWUEAQYASABEgKcwPD_BwE
  21. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Michelin do the CrossClimate 2 All Season tyre & Continental do a 'Winter Contact ' tyre :)
  22. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Hot Type R fn2 brake callipers and discs

Guys the thread is over 3 years old :p
  23. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Many thanks for the info guys :) The one I saw was sold from my local dealership (Listers Honda Stratford Upon Avon) ;) They had it up for sale initially for around 56k & it was gradually reduced to around 52k ! The dealership is only 5 mins from me so I drove past that particular FL5 (while...
  24. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

So far I've seen a grand total of 1 FL5 (Red) actually out on the road ! Where are they all ?
  25. MARKTHOMASBRAND

New car - Something a little different

Looking forward to more pics & hope you have many years of fun with it :p
  26. MARKTHOMASBRAND

New car - Something a little different

Always nice to have some exclusivity :) Loving the Toxic Green :cool:
  27. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Seeking advice from other Type-R owners.

We've had a couple of FN2s but both were brand new & were cherished during our ownership :cool: TBH I am both shocked & saddened that people neglect their vehicles to such an extent...especially an iconic Type R o_O For me personally I'd be sending it back & continuing my search :p That is...
  28. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Day 17 of ownership & just washed it for the 2nd time already :p
  29. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Never actually had the previous 6 cylinder M135i so not best placed to comment ;)
  30. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Dropped the FK8 off @ Rybrook BMW (Warwick) yesterday afternoon o_O By far the best car I've had so far - would highly recommend one :cool:
  31. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Perhaps they pre-ordered it with a view to making a profit ?
  32. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Check this out @ 3:00 LOL
  33. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

IIRC we paid around 35.5k but that was the OTR price with paint,service plan,paint protection etc,etc
  34. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

The FK8 will be in demand so you'll get a good price for it if you're selling anytime soon ;)
  35. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

BMW M135i xDrive in Misano Blue :cool:
  36. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

My FK8 went in for it's 3rd Service last week & the dealership phoned to tell me the jets were starting to fail & quoted £48.84 to replace them o_O The car will be traded in before Christmas so I declined :p
  37. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Definitely the servicing not sure about the rest :) If the car we've ordered isn't ready by 1st March 2023 we'll just pay the settlement figure & keep the FK8 until it is ready :cool: As you said the FK8 is a great car :p Honda have just been on the phone again I kid you not :D They know we...
  38. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

69 Plate Type R GT (registered Jan 2020) with 18,594 miles in Championship White :)
  39. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Just back in from Honda :D £29,150 for our Civic :cool: Sounds impressive but not much more than everybody else has offered TBH ! That offer stands for a week so they'd want to take the car off us pretty much straight away o_O Aaaaaaaaaaaaand we're driving 4 adults & luggage to Gatwick...
  40. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Got a meeting set up with Honda tomorrow morning :p They keep phoning to say they want our FK8 & are willing to pay over the odds for it ;) Have had 3 valuations on it already @ Non Honda dealerships & was pleasantly surprised :cool: New car ordered from BMW with a build date in December this...
  41. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Past tense for me as I've already lost patience & ordered something else :p
  42. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Our FK8 PCP is up in March 2023....can't see a chance of an FL5 being available by then :( It's looking like a 310 PS Cupra Formentor as a possible for us :cool:
  43. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

4 adults & luggage on the Airport run should be interesting in a Yaris :p
  44. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

If there's one to get then yes :cool:
  45. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Outstanding work from all involved :cool: Great pics & well written updates :D
  46. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Well if they don't get their act together by the time our FK8 PCP is up (11 months from now) then it'll be time to start looking at the Cupra Formentor VZ3 :p
  47. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FL5 New Civic Type R

Yep :)
  48. MARKTHOMASBRAND

None :p They weren't a pretty sight o_O so I wouldn't recommend trying to get that many miles out of them ;) Worth noting my local Honda dealership always price-match online prices of tyres for me :)
  49. MARKTHOMASBRAND

2nd Service completed today along with having 2 new Continental Sport Contact 6 tyres fitted on the front :cool: Managed to get 13k out of the original fronts :p
  50. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Let's reminisce....
  51. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Same road.....different cars :) I think I still prefer the looks of my Black Edition :p Maybe I should've bought a Black FK8 ? Too late now :D
  52. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

You never regret buying quality & those seats definitely fall into that category :cool:
  53. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Integra Type R DC5, the return.

Superb fleet you have there Sir :cool: Very happy for you :)
  54. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Integra Type R DC5, the return.

Congratulations & love the Bronze rocker cover :cool:
  55. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Finally fulfilled my dream of owning a FK2 Type R!!

Don't have an FK2 anymore but this sounds very similar to your problem.... https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/fk2-info-needed-tyre-deflation-warning-system.74682/ This is the video in that link... Don't hate me if it doesn't help :p
  56. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Keyless entry not working

I always keep the key in my pocket but if I have a phone in that same pocket then it causes problems with unlocking the car...no phone no problem ;)
  57. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

Never happened to me in any car ever ! All part of the front end damage no doubt....they are taking the pi$$ by even allowing you to drive it :mad: You should've been given a courtesy car in the meantime....this whole scenario is beginning to beggar belief o_O
  58. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Can a couple of you check your satnav version number please?

Possibly worth noting that David & I have pre-facelift cars ;) Mine is slightly different to both those posted above :p
  59. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Don't concern yourself with what the dealer does with it afterwards...this is about you getting a good car :p I'd rather have an ex demo with a couple of thousand miles than the abomination they've supplied you with ! At a reduced price of course ;)
  60. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Don't worry about running it in....that particular car needs to go back ASAP & stay there ! I foresee heads rolling over this matter o_O Really sorry to see you've had to experience this totally unacceptable behaviour :(
  61. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Noisy stones stuck behind the discs

Has happened several times with my FK8 but never happened once in 3 years of driving the FK2 :p Hopefully,now you've got the smaller diameter FK2 rims & Michelins on there, it'll never happen again ;)
  62. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 FK2/FK8 sportline wheels

We can see you in the reflection you handsome devil ;)
  63. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Fuel pump recall

In hindsight I didn't actually get any extra fuel...just wrongly assumed they'd added some because that was what the gauge was telling me @ the time of collection. I initially took the car in for the recall with next to no fuel & when I picked it up the gauge said it was half full. Used it for...
  64. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Car is currently back in at Honda as I now have a fuel gauge that is far from accurate :mad: So yeah they've screwed something up while changing the fuel pump !
  65. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Fuel pump recall

They didn't ask me to leave it nearly empty either...just thought it made sense :p Expect the cabin to smell of fuel for 2-3 days after ;)
  66. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Had the fuel pump recall done today :p Dropped it off with next to no fuel & over half a tank when I picked it up :cool:
  67. MARKTHOMASBRAND

My Polished metal metallic FK8

We normally do a Wales trip every year & stay over in Aberystwyth :cool:
  68. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Got this recall letter through yesterday... Already booked in @ 08:30 Friday morning at the local Honda dealership :cool: No problems with my car whatsoever but if they want to fit me a new fuel pump,for free,while we have breakfast that's fine by me :p
  69. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Same treatment for the Civic as the MX5 :cool: I can confirm that,contrary to the Orange writing on the bottle,this stuff is actually Blue :p
  70. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Flashy's Ibis White Audi Mk2 TT 2.0tfsi valvelift

Oooosh that's a sexy bit of kit :cool:
  71. MARKTHOMASBRAND

You're braver than me parking your car next to a cricket pitch :p
  72. MARKTHOMASBRAND

New brakes look superb :cool:
  73. MARKTHOMASBRAND

My 2016 red FK2

Ultra low mileage for a 2016 car :cool: Will the FK8 become the new daily driver ?
  74. MARKTHOMASBRAND

My 2016 red FK2

I test drove a Polished Metal Metallic & got Championship White :p It was a dull,rainy day & the demonstrator wasn't particularly clean so it didn't really do the colour justice :(
  75. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Your English vocabulary is excellent ;)
  76. MARKTHOMASBRAND

My 2016 red FK2

Which colour did you go for Paul ?
  77. MARKTHOMASBRAND

My 2016 red FK2

The FK2 is a rare sight on the roads....still miss mine....enjoy :D
  78. MARKTHOMASBRAND

First time Honda owner

Just over 6000 miles on my FK8 so still on the original Continentals :p Had the Michelins on my FK2 ;) Click on the link below (Michelins on page 2) https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/marks-fk2-black-edition.77103/
  79. MARKTHOMASBRAND

First time Honda owner

I use Momentum 99 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S will last way longer than the factory fit Continentals PRL & Eventuri intakes are highly regarded & plenty of exhausts to choose from
  80. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Brake calipers are still looking smart after 14 months of ownership :cool:
  81. MARKTHOMASBRAND

First time Honda owner

Absolutely beautiful :cool: Wish I'd bought another Black one :p
  82. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Looking good :cool: Not been on here for a while as my elderly ipad wouldn't load up the new style forum but got a new tablet now :p
  83. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Cheers....Lyme Regis :cool:
  84. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Had a lovely couple of days on the coast...took Robert with us because he's been working from home since last March & needed to get out :D
  85. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Was down in Dorset over the Bank Holiday weekend :D Even the caravan has V-tec :cool:
  86. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Washed with Autoglym Pure Shampoo & then treated to a coating of Diamondbrite Conserver :D All ready to cruise down the M5 to Dorset :cool:
  87. MARKTHOMASBRAND

370z Nismo

White doesn't show up water marks though :) Drying the rinsing water on a black car after a wash in the hot Summer months is no easy task either....bakes on there within seconds o_O
  88. MARKTHOMASBRAND

New grille looks superb :cool:
  89. MARKTHOMASBRAND

370z Nismo

Let's have a video to do this bad boy justice :cool: I'd love one of these myself :)
  90. MARKTHOMASBRAND

370z Nismo

Proper sounding engine :cool: Only ever seen Black Nismos out on the road so the White must be pretty rare :p Great choice :)
  91. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Taxed for another 12 Months - £150 :)
  92. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Stuiwhite's NHB EP3

100 x better IMO :D Stunning car :cool:
  93. MARKTHOMASBRAND

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I think you should buy it ASAP :p There's a Rallye Red 67 plate @ my local dealership,with 14k on the clock,for the same price as the one you linked :eek: Bargain IMO :D
  94. MARKTHOMASBRAND

Just renewed the insurance for another 12 Months for £364.99 :D
Back