• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MadMark

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

I'm thinking of selling my car as I just don't get to use it. It's been in heated, dry storage for nearly 5 years and I've only managed 500 miles in it. Zero rust, excellent condition. It's wheels have been refurbished, it's got new tyres, brake discs and pads all round. A new battery and...
  2. MadMark

Remapping JDM EP3 down South?

I've got a 2005 JDM EP3 that I've been gradually turning into a track day tool .... albeit over a long period of time! The focus has very much been on suspension, bushes, brakes, engine mounts, wheels and tyres. Now sorted, I want a bit more power, smoothness and usability. Having read reams...
  3. MadMark

EP3 Positive Battery Terminal Cover

Really struggling to find that red cover in order to replace mine that fell to bits when I changed the battery. Anyone know where I can buy one from? :confused:
  4. MadMark

Innovative Engine Mounts - 75A Track Spec - Problem?

So I fitted these on Sunday am after much swearing and giggling to get them to fit in .... But when I started the car that evening the noise and vibration were unreal. Even worse on my way home from my mates house, it genuinely fells like I've fitted full race solid mounts!. Deafening at...
  5. MadMark

Tegiwa Cat Back Exhaust

So I finally got around to fitting my exhaust yesterday - superb fit, finish and quality. If anything slightly heavier than expected, but a good grade and thickness of stainless steel has obviously been used! Fabulously throaty burble on start up and a nice howl at higher revs, always louder...
  6. MadMark

Odd noise from suspension ....

So yesterday I gave the old CTR some proper stick round some dry, smooth and tight 2nd gear corners - left and right. What I got was a creaking / scraping sound. From the left rear around left hand corners and from the right front around right hand corners .... Bizarre but does anyone have any...
  7. MadMark

Larger throttle bodies .... Which one?

So I get that larger throttle bodies can help with power gains simply by helping to get more airflow into the engine (20 years ago my Golf VR6 jumped 15bhp on doing this alone). However, what I don't know what size my JDM EP3 is as standard has as standard and what size to go up to? I believe...
  8. MadMark

Where would you have your new Suspension fitted?

I wanted to subtly lower and stiffen my EP3 CTR for some trackdays - so with the bewildering array of aftermarket options - I got down to a choice of the KW Variant 2's or the Bilstein B16 PSS9's. After much debate, I've taken the plunge and bought the Bilsteins and they're now sat at home in a...
  9. MadMark

Who makes the best BBK (Big Brake Kit)?

There is so much choice out there but I could do with some practical help! I'd really like some 4 or 6 Pot calipers and 2 piece discs, as my car is going to do some trackdays and I don't like running out of brakes, but I gather that some calipers require a hefty spacer for the standard wheels...
Back