• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. dips89

EP3 oil

Hi My EP3 is currently on 95k and I'm using Titan Pro S 5w40. Wanted to find out if this is ok for the high mileage or should I move to a different grade. Tha ks
  2. dips89

Honda EP3 clutch replacement

Is it an OEM Exedy or a performance one?
  3. dips89

Honda EP3 clutch replacement

Hi Guys, Looking to get my clutch replaced and have been recommended the Exedy. Wanted to find out if it is any good or better going Honda oem. Running around 245bhp on the car so want something which will be ok for that kind of power. Thanks
  4. dips89

EP3 Dampers

Thanks for the advice. Are the genuine Hondas ok to go with the Eibach Sportline springs as some have said need shorter dampers for these springs.
  5. dips89

Honda EP3 Supercharged Insruance

Yeah £5,300 I was thinking did I hear wrong and had to reconfirm but yeah that is what they said. Excess was something like over a £1000. Thanks guys I will check them both out.
  6. dips89

Honda EP3 Supercharged Insruance

Hi, Looking to get my EP3 supercharged and got a qoute for £5,300 from Adrian Flux. Anyone know any companies who do insurance for modified cars which might be any cheaper. I'm 32, had license for 12 years now and got 7 years NCB. Thanks
  7. dips89

EP3 Dampers

Hi, Looking to drop the car on a set of Eibach Sportline lowering springs. Can anyone recommend any good dampers to fit at the same time or would OEM be the best bet? Thanks
  8. dips89

Honda EP3 Supercharger Kit

No worries mate. Also clutch wise, what would be a good stage 3 one to get. You got any recommendations?
  9. dips89

Thanks mate. Going to bug you again, when getting the compression test done do you know what psi I should be getting?
  10. dips89

Thanks for the advice. ECU wise I have a K100 would this be ok or would I need to move onto the Kpro?
  11. dips89

Hi Lewr1407, Thanks for the information mate appreciate the help. Car is hitting 94k mark, does it seem worthwhile to get it supercharged on that mileage?
  12. dips89

Hi, Been thinking about supercharging my ep3 for a little while now. Just wanted to get some advice. Looking at the Rotrex Supercharger Kit. In terms of mods would I need to look into changing internals or can I make safe numbers on stock internals? Is there any other things I need to take...
  13. dips89

Tegiwa air intake

Hi guys Buying the tegiwa intake for my ep3 from the tegiwa website. Does anyone know if I need to buy the sucttle insert kit too?
  14. dips89

TDI North Stage 2 drop in cams

Hi Looking into the tdi stage 2 drop in cams. Would I need to upgrade fuel injectors? Are they worth the price? Current mods are 4-2-1 japspeed header 2.5 inch custom built exhaust M2 intake manifold AEM CAI (looking to change to the Teg M) K100
  15. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Have uploaded video of the issue which i am getting (link below). It is a hit and miss as sometimes it drives fine and all is ok on idle as well get the odd rev needle fluctuating when coming to a stop. Yesterday when i started up it was on 2000rpm on idle and was stuck there took it for a...
  16. dips89

02 sensor fault code

Hi, Got a primary 02 sensor fault code, car is currently running rough with bad idle, revs dropping when coming to a stop and slightly bad MPG. Fault code is P0131 - 02S(HO2S)(S1) Voltage Low. Got a 4-2-1 race header and the original 02 sensors have been fitted back into the 02 sensor...
  17. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Yeah it don't have a connection on the mani for it, I got it fitted from TGM down Fleet and they said to just leave the pcv pipe disconnected vented to air or can go down the catch can route, not sure having it disconnected will cause any issues but they said to me it is ok. Yep water housing...
  18. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Yep cleaned idle control valve and the spindle inside is moving freely. Got a K100, thinking of taking it for a retune and see if anything can be done. Yeah it sure is a difficult one have literally tried everything only thing I can think is may need a retune as it happened after the map. Got an...
  19. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Clamped the vaccum pipe however still the same issue, reckon it could be issue with the tps. I have had it checked out and have been told it was ticking at around 9% and opened at around 94%. Cannot seem to find how to upload a video on here.
  20. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Was mapped my Jesse (J.Cal) known he is good at his stuff though. Wicked I will give those all a try and see if I can rule anything out. If clamping the vaccum pipe resolves the issue should I then delete the pipe. Appreciate the help.
  21. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Yeah got it mapped for all the bolt ons. So the first time I got i mapped was all good however I had a blocked air filter, took it for a remap after cleaning it and the idle issue started on the way back to home. I will look at clamping the vaccum pipe, what would be best way to clamp it?
  22. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Yes it's got a japspeed 4-2-1, m2 intake mani, aem cai, k100. Also when I rev on idle once needle comes back down to 1000rpm needle bounces slightly for few secs before stabilising.
  23. dips89

Revs needle jumping

So cleaned the idle control valve and throttle body issue still there. When I rev the car on idle needle comes down to 1000 rpm and then bounces up and down for few seconds before stabilising
  24. dips89

Ep3 idle control valve

Trying to remove iacv to clean it however the screws are stuck and the heads rounded off. Any got any ideas how I can get the screws out? Thanks
  25. dips89

Honda ep3 facelift front grill

Anyone know if I will need to remove bumper to remove front grill, wanting to spray it gloss black. Cheers
  26. dips89

Ep3 air intake

Wicked may just settle for the injen as my aem pipe is damaged so time to change, for some reason it wouldnt line up to the TB with the m2 mani so had to modify it. Fingers crossed the injen lines up nicely. How did you go about modifying the teg m if you dont mind me asking
  27. dips89

Ep3 air intake

Can't seem to decide if to stick with my AEM cai or go for a tegiwa m/Injen cai. What would be the best bet between the three for some potential gains. I see the Injen is a 3" but I am hearing the teg m is the one to go for. Can anyone shed some light. Thanks
  28. dips89

EP3 timing chain

Wicked. Should I also be looking to get clutch replaced same time
  29. dips89

EP3 timing chain

I just hit 91k on my ep3. When should I be looking into getting the timing chain replaced. Cheers
  30. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Got issue with revs when coming to a stop as soon as i put the clutch down rev drops slightly under 1000rpm, go back to 1000rpm and then once stopped needle jumps up and down for a little while and feels like car is hunting. Any ideas what it could be?
  31. dips89

Vtec engagement

Exactly that pulls all the way to the red line but I cannot feel the crossover anymore
  32. dips89

Vtec engagement

Yeah was working all good on the way down there. Had a look and oil level is all good.
  33. dips89

Vtec engagement

Got a issue with the vtec on my ep3 not engaging. Last thing i had done was the fuel filter replaced this morning. Wpuld that cause an issue? Have a k100 as well with vtec lowered.
  34. dips89

AEM or Tegiwa

How is the Injen mate any good as i see it is a 3". Would it be better then the teg?
  35. dips89

EP3 idle issue

Thanks. Got a m2 intake mani and used the gasket supplied with it, hopefully it was of good quality and got an aem cai. Will have a look at the pipes connecting to that as well. How can I check for vacuum leaks on maifold etc as im not sure.
  36. dips89

EP3 idle issue

Hi, My EP3 is have some issues on idle. The revs sit on 1000rpm however here and there the rev drops just slightly under 1000 and it feels like the car is losing power/going to cut out for a split second and then the revs go back to 1000 and the car continues to idle fine. Have only...
  37. dips89

PCV pipe

Thanks. The m2 intake mani which I have dose not have an connection onit for the pcv. Where would I connect the putlet of the catch can too.
  38. dips89

Fitting a new ecu - HELP

Hi mate did Honda manage to get this done for you. I got a K100 in exchang of my oem ecu and got the car mapped, but now my immo light is flashing.
  39. dips89

K100

So am I right in that when I get the clifford fitted the car will then be immobolised via the clifford. I went ahead and got the K100 fitted as I couldnt send the original ecu off to het it piggy backed
  40. dips89

AEM or Tegiwa

With the larger filter can it be any filter or would it have to be an AEM one. Yeah do want the Teg but bit strapped for funds at the moment, unless i come across a used one in good condition
  41. dips89

PCV pipe

Have a M2 intake mani and there is not inlet to connect the pcv to the manifold. Is it safe to leave this disconnected or should I vent it to a catch can.
  42. dips89

EP3 making vacuum

Get my car mapped few days back. Tuner said the car is making slight vacuum at high rpm full throttle. Would anyone know why this could be, could it be that the air filter is dirty/blocked.
  43. dips89

AEM or Tegiwa

Which intake is better performance/gains wise. AEM CAI or Tegiwa Carbon Airbox
  44. dips89

AEM CAI

4-2-1 Japspeed Manifold M2 Motorsport Intake Manifold AEM CAI 2.5" Exhaust System Yep it is a dry filter which I was also thinking. Have noticed sometimes for a second or so the car kind of feels like it is going to cut out whilst idle, it happens for a quick second and then goes back to...
  45. dips89

AEM CAI

Just had my car mapped yesterday and got 231bhp, however tuner said there seems to be an air blockage as the car is pulling vacuum therefore gains were minimal. He suspects the air filter is blocked/dirty, I have a AEM CAI going into the wheel arch. Does anyone know best way to clean the AEM...
  46. dips89

M2 intake manifold for ep3

Just got one fitted few weeks back, yes water port housing is on the right hand side.
  47. dips89

K100

Thanks for the advice. Is there any major setbacks with having the immo off other then it being is to steal. I'm looking to get a Clifford fitted next month would that have it's own immo function?
  48. dips89

K100

Getting it mapped from J.Cal (Jessie) will ask him if it is something he can do. If not would it be better to then get the k100 piggy backed onto the original ecu
  49. dips89

K100

Getting K100 fitted next week and been told immoboliser will cut out. Is there anyway of keeping the immo i.e. taking it to Honda dealer once K100 is fitted to get it recoded.
  50. dips89

EP3 ECU removal

Also should I disconnect the battery before disconnecting ecu and is there anything else need to do beforehand.
  51. dips89

EP3 ECU removal

Thanks mate appreciate the help.
  52. dips89

EP3 ECU removal

Hi guys Need to remove ECU from the EP3 to send it off to get K100 piggy backed onto it. Does anyone know were it is located and if it is fairly easy to remove? Thanks
  53. dips89

Lowering springs or Coilovers

Looking to get the suspension changed over on my EP3 currently sitting on Eibach springs. Only use it for road use as a daily so wanted to know what would be good to go for, a new set of lowering springs or coilovers.
  54. dips89

Squeak when pressing clutch down

Thanks for the advice guys
  55. dips89

4-2-1

Just got a 4-2-1 header fitted on my ep3. I have got the map booked in for end of next month. Will it be ok to drive the car until then or best to leave parked till map day
  56. dips89

Squeak when pressing clutch down

Getting a squeak nose when depressing the clutch on idle, the squeak can be heard from the engine bay when bonnet is open, on my EP3. Anyone able to guide me as to what it could be and if I am looking at a new clutch.
  57. dips89

PCV Valve

Hi, Fittting a M2 Motorsport Intake Manifold on my EP3. The M2 mani does not have a connection point for the PCV valve. Can the PCV valve be left disconnected to atmopshere or would it ether need to be teed into another vacuum hose or a catch can? Thanks
  58. dips89

M2 Intake manifold new *2015*

Just wanted find out did you leave the PCV valve pipe off and if so has it affected the car in anyway.
  59. dips89

Fuel rail

Got the car booked in for a map. Haven't got no major mos other than 4-2-1, intake mani, cai, 2.5" catback. Is there any recommend ones, have seen a tactical racing one for a decent ish price. Not sure about build though
  60. dips89

Fuel rail

Been looking at fuel rail for my ep3. Is there any benefits with getting an aftermarket one, or is it more to make the engine bay look better. Car is NA
  61. dips89

M2 Intake Mani

Hi, Any fitted a Motorsport M2 intake mani or know of anyone who has. Wanted to know if it is pretty straight forward to fit or will need professional to fit. Thanks
  62. dips89

Fuel filter change

Does anyone know how much gearbox oil the EP3 takes?
  63. dips89

Fuel filter change

Is there anything else I need to pay attention to at 90k?
  64. dips89

Fuel filter change

Carrying out a service on my EP3 and wanted to find out if it would be a good idea to replace the fuel filter. Just hit 90k not sure if previous owner(s) ever had it replaced and since I have had the EP3 I have not replaced it. Thanks
  65. dips89

EP3 Intake Manifold

Do want the RBC but then with the M2 being a straight fit and not needing the extra adapter just seems easier for me, and TDI North are saying it makes better gains then the RBC.
  66. dips89

EP3 Intake Manifold

Looking to upgrade the intake manifold on my ep3. Looking at the RBC but TDI North are saying the M2 Motorsport intakes gives better gains then an RBC. Anyone running the M2 intake on their EP3?
  67. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Do I just search for a RBC adaptor plate? Do I need anything else other than the adaptor plate and inlet hose like gaskets etc.
  68. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Quick one guys looking to get the RBC. I am going to leave the stock throttle body on, been looking at some on the H-Tune website but confused as to which one I will need. They have two options for the K20A 'Modified/Cut' or 'Modified/Cut 70mm' which one would I need to get. Thanks
  69. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Wicked that just reassured me ever more that he will do a good job, pleased with that. Yeah he seems like a sound guy as been talking to him and already been a lot of help. What mods are your running on your one?
  70. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Sweet, was looking to get few gauges later on so will look into the wideband AFR (what ones do you have). For the mapping I am planning to use Jessie for J.Cal. Did want to use TDi but it's a very long drive away from me.
  71. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Will do, looking to get it mapped straight after getting the 4-2-1 and intake mani on. Am I correct that the K100 and remap will get rid of the EML, if so can I use the current 02 sensors or will i need the 02 simulators (even after remap). Which engine mount inserts are good, I am looking at...
  72. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Wicked. So I went ahead and brought the Japspeed mani, still deciding between the M2 & RBC mani. Once have both fitted will then get the K100 and a remap. Will it be safe to drive the car down few hundred miles with the 4-2-1 and intake mani for a map.
  73. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Will change the mounts as well do everything once. Will I need the JDM ARB or will the UKDM stock one be ok. Is there any negatives driving wise with the 4-2-1 other then it making the car louder
  74. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Are the cabin vibrations really bad?
  75. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

My mates an MOT tester so he got me covered.
  76. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

With the Japspeed 4-2-1 other then engine mount inserts would I need any other parts changed?
  77. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Cool. What about the sports car are they worth the money?
  78. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Sweet. Also I came buy the Japspeed 4-2 Header on H-Tune website which says blots direct onto existing cat. Is there any point in this header or best to leave the OEM one.
  79. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Sweet got my service coming up soon so will get all done. Also I got a 2.5" catback system, is it worth upgrading to a 3inch system or is 2.5inch good enough.
  80. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Prior to the tune/remap is there anything particular I need to keep an eye out on with the EP engine/parts wise.
  81. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Hazz / Shoonk thanks for all your advice guys appreciate it. Think I will leave the decat as my cat back has the mid silencer deleted and starting it up in the mornings on a cold start at 3am it is bad enough already. Will just get the intake mani and then send the ecu to get the K100...
  82. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Just to to be sure and may be a stupid question with the DC Sports Manifold would the cat have to be deleted or can it be kept? If I did go down the decat route would it be overly loud as I used to car as a daily and sometimes leave for work at 3am in the morning. Also if I went for just the...
  83. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Nice I was originally looking at the M2 but then so a lot of talk about the RBC. May well just get the M2 then.
  84. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

With the RBC did you have to cut the slam panel.
  85. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

Sweet. How was the japspeed 4-2-1 build/quality wise, as some say they are prone to cracking quickly.
  86. dips89

Throttle Body Questions

What mods were you running for that?
  87. dips89

Honda EP3 bolt on turbo kit

Yeah will definitely want a good one. How did you go about the turbo was it a bolt on kit. Is there any kits your would personally recommend.
  88. dips89

Honda EP3 bolt on turbo kit

Hi, Any ideas on putting a bolt on turbo kit on the EP3 at 88,000?
  89. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

as the decat mani will trigger the EML. Will having a K100 and a remap be able to turn the EML off, or would I need to buy an 02 simulator
  90. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Any thoughts on the Japspeed 4-2-1 mani?
  91. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

So was looking at the Japspeed 4-2-1 mani guess its not that great then. Also looking to change the intake mani and was looking at the M2 Motorsport V2 mani or would it be better to spend bit extra and get the RBC mani.
  92. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Yes so found a place up in Glasgow PerformanceTek Racing Ltd. Have quoted £430 to put the K100 onto the original ECU which will sort the immo issue out and will upload a base map for me then to fit it back in and drive the car down to J.Cal.
  93. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Is there anyway around the immobiliser issue then? Can it be reprogrammed by Honda to the ECU?
  94. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Would you know where RaceCal are based
  95. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

would you know where racecal are based as I cannot seem to locate their address on their website.
  96. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Looks like might just have to do the 3 hour drive to TDI North.
  97. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Hi, Looking to get a K100 & remap for my EP3, current mods are an AEM CAI and 2.5" cat back. Have been looking at EuroSpec 2000 and CPL as they are close by to me. Anyone used any of them before?
  98. dips89

Honda EP3 Gearbox Oil Change

lol my bad current mileage is 87000 had the gearbox oil changed at 80,393
  99. dips89

Honda EP3 Gearbox Oil Change

Hi, Had a quick question about changing the gearbox oil on my EP3. Gearbox oil was last changed at 80,393 miles with MTF3. Car now has 79000 miles on the clock and as it is due for a service wanted to find out if it is worth to change the gearbox oil again. Thanks
  100. dips89

EP3 Valve Clearance

Hi, Wanted to find out how often valve clearance should be done, last one on my car was done around 70k and car is now on 86k. Thanks
Back