• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. dips89

EP3 oil

Hi My EP3 is currently on 95k and I'm using Titan Pro S 5w40. Wanted to find out if this is ok for the high mileage or should I move to a different grade. Tha ks
  2. dips89

Honda EP3 clutch replacement

Hi Guys, Looking to get my clutch replaced and have been recommended the Exedy. Wanted to find out if it is any good or better going Honda oem. Running around 245bhp on the car so want something which will be ok for that kind of power. Thanks
  3. dips89

Honda EP3 Supercharged Insruance

Hi, Looking to get my EP3 supercharged and got a qoute for £5,300 from Adrian Flux. Anyone know any companies who do insurance for modified cars which might be any cheaper. I'm 32, had license for 12 years now and got 7 years NCB. Thanks
  4. dips89

EP3 Dampers

Hi, Looking to drop the car on a set of Eibach Sportline lowering springs. Can anyone recommend any good dampers to fit at the same time or would OEM be the best bet? Thanks
  5. dips89

Honda EP3 Supercharger Kit

Hi, Been thinking about supercharging my ep3 for a little while now. Just wanted to get some advice. Looking at the Rotrex Supercharger Kit. In terms of mods would I need to look into changing internals or can I make safe numbers on stock internals? Is there any other things I need to take...
  6. dips89

Tegiwa air intake

Hi guys Buying the tegiwa intake for my ep3 from the tegiwa website. Does anyone know if I need to buy the sucttle insert kit too?
  7. dips89

TDI North Stage 2 drop in cams

Hi Looking into the tdi stage 2 drop in cams. Would I need to upgrade fuel injectors? Are they worth the price? Current mods are 4-2-1 japspeed header 2.5 inch custom built exhaust M2 intake manifold AEM CAI (looking to change to the Teg M) K100
  8. dips89

02 sensor fault code

Hi, Got a primary 02 sensor fault code, car is currently running rough with bad idle, revs dropping when coming to a stop and slightly bad MPG. Fault code is P0131 - 02S(HO2S)(S1) Voltage Low. Got a 4-2-1 race header and the original 02 sensors have been fitted back into the 02 sensor...
  9. dips89

Ep3 idle control valve

Trying to remove iacv to clean it however the screws are stuck and the heads rounded off. Any got any ideas how I can get the screws out? Thanks
  10. dips89

Honda ep3 facelift front grill

Anyone know if I will need to remove bumper to remove front grill, wanting to spray it gloss black. Cheers
  11. dips89

Ep3 air intake

Can't seem to decide if to stick with my AEM cai or go for a tegiwa m/Injen cai. What would be the best bet between the three for some potential gains. I see the Injen is a 3" but I am hearing the teg m is the one to go for. Can anyone shed some light. Thanks
  12. dips89

EP3 timing chain

I just hit 91k on my ep3. When should I be looking into getting the timing chain replaced. Cheers
  13. dips89

Revs needle jumping

Got issue with revs when coming to a stop as soon as i put the clutch down rev drops slightly under 1000rpm, go back to 1000rpm and then once stopped needle jumps up and down for a little while and feels like car is hunting. Any ideas what it could be?
  14. dips89

Vtec engagement

Got a issue with the vtec on my ep3 not engaging. Last thing i had done was the fuel filter replaced this morning. Wpuld that cause an issue? Have a k100 as well with vtec lowered.
  15. dips89

EP3 idle issue

Hi, My EP3 is have some issues on idle. The revs sit on 1000rpm however here and there the rev drops just slightly under 1000 and it feels like the car is losing power/going to cut out for a split second and then the revs go back to 1000 and the car continues to idle fine. Have only...
  16. dips89

PCV pipe

Have a M2 intake mani and there is not inlet to connect the pcv to the manifold. Is it safe to leave this disconnected or should I vent it to a catch can.
  17. dips89

EP3 making vacuum

Get my car mapped few days back. Tuner said the car is making slight vacuum at high rpm full throttle. Would anyone know why this could be, could it be that the air filter is dirty/blocked.
  18. dips89

AEM or Tegiwa

Which intake is better performance/gains wise. AEM CAI or Tegiwa Carbon Airbox
  19. dips89

AEM CAI

Just had my car mapped yesterday and got 231bhp, however tuner said there seems to be an air blockage as the car is pulling vacuum therefore gains were minimal. He suspects the air filter is blocked/dirty, I have a AEM CAI going into the wheel arch. Does anyone know best way to clean the AEM...
  20. dips89

K100

Getting K100 fitted next week and been told immoboliser will cut out. Is there anyway of keeping the immo i.e. taking it to Honda dealer once K100 is fitted to get it recoded.
  21. dips89

EP3 ECU removal

Hi guys Need to remove ECU from the EP3 to send it off to get K100 piggy backed onto it. Does anyone know were it is located and if it is fairly easy to remove? Thanks
  22. dips89

Lowering springs or Coilovers

Looking to get the suspension changed over on my EP3 currently sitting on Eibach springs. Only use it for road use as a daily so wanted to know what would be good to go for, a new set of lowering springs or coilovers.
  23. dips89

4-2-1

Just got a 4-2-1 header fitted on my ep3. I have got the map booked in for end of next month. Will it be ok to drive the car until then or best to leave parked till map day
  24. dips89

Squeak when pressing clutch down

Getting a squeak nose when depressing the clutch on idle, the squeak can be heard from the engine bay when bonnet is open, on my EP3. Anyone able to guide me as to what it could be and if I am looking at a new clutch.
  25. dips89

PCV Valve

Hi, Fittting a M2 Motorsport Intake Manifold on my EP3. The M2 mani does not have a connection point for the PCV valve. Can the PCV valve be left disconnected to atmopshere or would it ether need to be teed into another vacuum hose or a catch can? Thanks
  26. dips89

Fuel rail

Been looking at fuel rail for my ep3. Is there any benefits with getting an aftermarket one, or is it more to make the engine bay look better. Car is NA
  27. dips89

M2 Intake Mani

Hi, Any fitted a Motorsport M2 intake mani or know of anyone who has. Wanted to know if it is pretty straight forward to fit or will need professional to fit. Thanks
  28. dips89

Fuel filter change

Carrying out a service on my EP3 and wanted to find out if it would be a good idea to replace the fuel filter. Just hit 90k not sure if previous owner(s) ever had it replaced and since I have had the EP3 I have not replaced it. Thanks
  29. dips89

EP3 Intake Manifold

Looking to upgrade the intake manifold on my ep3. Looking at the RBC but TDI North are saying the M2 Motorsport intakes gives better gains then an RBC. Anyone running the M2 intake on their EP3?
  30. dips89

Honda EP3 bolt on turbo kit

Hi, Any ideas on putting a bolt on turbo kit on the EP3 at 88,000?
  31. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Hi, Looking to get a K100 & remap for my EP3, current mods are an AEM CAI and 2.5" cat back. Have been looking at EuroSpec 2000 and CPL as they are close by to me. Anyone used any of them before?
  32. dips89

Honda EP3 Gearbox Oil Change

Hi, Had a quick question about changing the gearbox oil on my EP3. Gearbox oil was last changed at 80,393 miles with MTF3. Car now has 79000 miles on the clock and as it is due for a service wanted to find out if it is worth to change the gearbox oil again. Thanks
  33. dips89

EP3 Valve Clearance

Hi, Wanted to find out how often valve clearance should be done, last one on my car was done around 70k and car is now on 86k. Thanks
  34. dips89

Indicator Day Running Light

Hi Wondering if anyone knows about getting front indicator setup as DRLs, constantly on and then flashing when indicator is used Cheers
  35. dips89

K100 ECU and Remap

Ok so looking to get my ep3 ecu upgraded to a K100 with a remap been quoted around the £800 mark by EuroSpec2000, for K100 supplied, fitted and tuned. Wanted some honest opinions if it is worth doing, current mods on the car is a 2.5inch cat back and a AEM cold air intake. Would I see any...
  36. dips89

Hondata K100 ECU

Hi guys, Looking to get ecu upgraded on my 2006 ep3 and just looking for some honest advice. I am at the moment looking at the Hondata K100 being supplied fitted and mapped by EuroSpec 2000. Currently have a 2.5inch cat back system and a AEM Cold Air Intake, not looking to do anymore mods...
  37. dips89

Honda EP3 AF Ratio Gauge

Hi Looking to get some gauges for the ep3 so far looking into getting a Oil Pressure/Temp and Air Fuel Ratio - is it good to get a wideband or narrowband. Also is a AF gauge useful to have or would it be better to get a volts gauge or something else. Thanks
  38. dips89

Interior trim colour

Would anyone know the paint colour code of the interior silver trim on the ep3 door handles etc. Paint is peeling off from my ones and need to respray. Also would I need sand the trims down, primer them etc.
  39. dips89

Ep3 exhaust noise and rattle in rain

Hi so was raining heavy the other day and the exhaust on my Ep3 started making weird noises like it was popping. Could feel my driver seat vibrating and felt like I lost a bit of power, has happened to me before in heavy rain. I have a aftermarket 2.5" catback exhaust system. Would...
  40. dips89

Pillar gauges

Hi Looking to get a set of pillar gauges for my ep3. Looking at oil pressure/temp and AF ratio. Anyone know of any reasonable gauges, where best to look/buy and if fitting them. Thanks
  41. dips89

Ep3 braking issue

Hi My ep3 seems to be braking by itself. When I am rolling back the car stops itself without me having to press the brake pedal, and also when I let go of the accelerator the car quickly comes to a stop. Would this be issue with calipars as I have new discs and pads all around.
  42. dips89

Paint overspray

Hi Noticed my ep3 has some over spary on the front wings and bumper. It seems to be clear coat overspray and the areas feel a bit rough and dull. Would using clay bar and then polish, wax get rid of the overspray or would it need wet sanding.
  43. dips89

Ep3 AEM cai

Hi, Have been looking into get a AEM cai however have read a lot that they are prone to hydrolock. Has anone had a aem before and is it best to stay away from AEM/Injen cai due to the hydrolock. Thanks
  44. dips89

ep3 air intake

Hi, Looking to upgrade air intake on my ep3 from the stock airbox. Any suggestions on a decent air intake system at a reasonable price. Have had a look at the AEM V2 but have been told it suffers from heatsoak. Also had a look at the Pipercross Viper...
  45. dips89

Ep3 Headlight condensation and mist

Hi, Passenger side headlight has slight condensation inside. Have left lights on full for a while however condensation is still there. Is the headlight getting condensation due to poor seals. Also have slight mist on the outside of driver headlight and lens feels bit rough - any...
  46. dips89

Honda ep3 tyre advice

Hi Looking to get new tyres for my ep3. Would any recommend any tyres which are good in wet & dry. Thanks
  47. dips89

EP3 cluster headlight icon light issue

Hi, The green headlight icon does not seem to work on my cluster, have replaced the bulb, checked fuses and connections and all seems good. Could it possibly be that the actual twist bulb holder is damaged and needs replacing. If so were can I buy the holder from as cannot seem to source one...
  48. dips89

EP3 cluster odometer light issue

Hi, Just noticed that the light on my odometer where the mileage is displayed does not light up. All other lights seem to be working fine on the cluster and the dials etc all light up except for this. Could it be a blown fuse or wiring issue. Thanks
  49. dips89

Honda EP3 Remapt

Hi, Looking to get my EP3 remapped. Spoke to a local custom garage near mine who quoted around £399 for a remap but they are saying it will be a file upload remap so not rolling road or driving the car around. Is this worth it or is it best to get a rolling road remap. Thanks
  50. dips89

Ep3 Decat

Hi Looking into getting my Ep3 decated. Would it worth getting a decat done or best to leave the cat in. Thanks
  51. dips89

Honda Civic EP3 Air Intake

Hi, Looking to upgrade from the standard air box on my EP3. Any got any suggestions on a decent air intake for the EP3, do not want to spend too much. Something which will give in a decent noise from the standard air box and will not harm the engine also. Also any views on the Hondata mod. Thanks
  52. dips89

Honda Ep3 sports cat

Hi Currently got a powerflow cat back exhasut system on my ep3. Was looking into getting a sport cat. Is it worth it? and would it trigger the engine mangement light?. Thanks
  53. dips89

Honda EP3 squeaking noise on turns

Hi Noticed today that when I turn left or right my ep3 makes slight squeaking/squealing noise. It's stops as soon as I straighten up. Any ideas what it could be. Thanks
  54. dips89

odyssey pc680 battery

Hi Looking in to the odyssey pc680 slim battery. Wondered if anyone if the battery would be good to run HIDS, Alarm and sound system off (2 amps, sub, components etc). Or would it be better to go for a normal Bosch battery Thanks
  55. dips89

Honda EP3 baterry advice

Hi Looking to change the battery in my ep3 premier edition. Would is a good baterry or brand. Thanks
  56. dips89

Honda Civic EP3 Passenger Side Headlight Issue

Hi Seem to have an issue with headlights on passenger side on my EP3. I am running 8000k HID kit and noticed that both the HID bulb and sidelight bulb have stopped working on the passenger side. Have checked the fuses and all seem fine. Could it been both side light and HID bulbs have blown or...
  57. dips89

Civic Ep3 loud rumbling noise exhaust

Hi Was driving my ep3 other day and was raining quite heavy. Car started to make loud rumbling noise and I could feel vibrations in the driver seat. Sounded like it was coming from the section right under the seat. The car has a cat back exhaust. Could this be an exhaust, cat issue...
  58. dips89

Honda Civic EP3 Vtec Engage

Hi On the EP3s at what rev should the vetec engage. Thanks
  59. dips89

Honda Civic EP3 Gauge

Hi, Wondered if there is any gauges available for the EP3. Such as temp, water, oil etc. Thanks
  60. dips89

Honda Civic EP3 Sound Install ADVICE

Hi Looking to install components on front and coaxials on the rear of my Honda Civic EP3. Would anyone known the front and rear speaker sizes and also best way to run the wiring to the boot. Thanks
  61. dips89

Honda Civic EP3 Oil and Spark Plug Advice

Hi, what is a good recommendation for oil and spark plugs for the EP3. Thanks
  62. dips89

Honda Civic EP3 Valve Clearance

Hi, Just brought the EP3 recently. I was wondering after how many miles does the valve clearance need to be carried out. Also someone said to me as soon as you go over 7000 rpm you would need to get the valve clearance done again is this true? thanks
  63. dips89

HONDA CIVIC EP3 SPORTS CAT

Hi, Looking into getting a sports cat with a cat back exhaust system on my Honda Civic Type R EP3. i wanted to find out if anyone knows whether the sports cat will trigger the Engine Management Light, and also if a remap will be needed if I get the sports cat fitted. Thanks Dips
Back