• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. B

Engine mounts

Thank you! Ordered all mounts and going to replace this weekend
  2. B

Engine mounts

I have been having issues with steering wheel that needs constant minor corrections and randomly becomes loose/tight. Wheel alignment has been done, tyres balanced and swapped from rear to front, which rectified the issue but it has returned. Took it to a different mechanic and he reckons the...
  3. B

Clutch Groan on EP3

I have this noise as well, previous owner also had a exedy clutch put in. Been 2 years and no problems but yeah the noise sounds really worrying lol
  4. B

Cat converter shield

Hi, i have the dreaded rattle buzzing sound at 3k rpm, had a mechanic look at it and it was the shield/jacket/sleeve around the cat converter itself. Does anyone know if jubilee clips would work or where i can get a new shield from?
  5. B

Brake pads

Hi, could anyone recommend me some good brake pads with some links? Thanks
  6. B

Climair wind deflectors ep3 window wont go ip!

Ah! I was fitting them in totally wrong. I feel like an idiot now. Thanks for the photos and help!:lol:
  7. B

Ill try cleaning out the channel but i doubt it will help. I took some pictures in the morning to see if any of you can help me a bit more. Edit: I dont think my images are showing so Im posting links to a image hosting site. ( Sorry if Im breaking any rules) http://imgur.com/a/I5Oje...
  8. B

Hi i got some secondhand climairs off ebay but cant seem to fit them righ. The wing mirror end keeps preventing the window going up. Ive tried bending and getting it in the channel but no luck.
  9. B

Ep3 Scraping/grinding when setting off in first gear or releasing clutch off bite

That is the exact sound lol Did you ever figure out what is causing it to do that?
  10. B

Ep3 Scraping/grinding when setting off in first gear or releasing clutch off bite

Hey Granty, would you say it has affected your car in any way? Ive only had this noise for a few days
  11. B

I found some videos that have the same exact noise.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqJoFhOFlq0 Seems like its a common noise...hopefully its nothing serious :confused:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn3Ncrrze9o
  12. B

Hi, had my ep3 for 2 weeks now and covered 700 miles with no issues but yesterday I noticed my car made a grinding/scraping sound when setting off in 1st gear up a hill. It happens when releasing the clutch but only for like a couple of seconds or so. Again this morning it did it a couple of...
  13. B

Standard suspension

haha Thats true, I should ask around.:p
  14. B

Standard suspension

Recently bought an Ep3 facelift which has been lowered by the previous owner on '40 mm' springs. I like the lowered look but I have terrible roads and bumps where I live. Having to slow down to 2mph over certain speed bumps so I dont scrape my exhaust is becoming very lame and redundant and its...
  15. B

Adjusting ride height

Managed to avoid the scraping by driving more towards the right on certain bumps lol I guess I could live with it the more I get used to it
  16. B

Adjusting ride height

Ah, I see, thanks. Time to find some oem springs
  17. B

Adjusting ride height

Hi, I just got myself a 05 ep3 type r. It has been lowered on springs to 40mm by the previous owner. The only problem I'm having is the the exhaust (spoon n1 rep) is scraping on some bumps around my area. It really is un avoidable on certain bumps :( I dont know much about lowering springs and...
Back