• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. F

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Yanni's bum licker hates the civic. He is wrong on so many things. Melt.
  2. F

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Hi All, nice to be back. The forum seemed down for ages, but maybe it was just for me! I have been over on facebook Fk8 UK owners page. I had the dreaded peel in Feb. I was paranoid about my calipers and had no issues. This time I used Bilt hamber, then used a master blaster air dryer which I...
  3. F

nice one detective Xplicit! I am glad, dont want stuff like this dragging down prices...!
  4. F

is there an echo? :lol:
  5. F

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

looks lovely mate....But as your not driving it...maybe them winters need to come off to stop scaring young children? :p ;)
  6. F

FK8 Making a fk8 more subtle

yeah they get the 19" Fk2 wheels and Ps4s as they have a softer side wall apparently
  7. F

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

I’ve read cos you’ve got a larger wheel radius now and more rotational mass, you sacrifice a bit of torque. Hardly anything noticeable I am sure, but slight trade off for protection
  8. F

Hey Mic. Yeah that’s a crazy price, quick search of AT and cars that age and mileage are around 28-30k. Having said that couple of people have picked up a face lift with delivery miles for 30/31k so not impossible, and it’s Honda so not a backstreet dodgy dealer. Are you looking to buy? I’d be...
  9. F

FK8 No space saver wheel available for new civic type r gt

Cox motor parts know their apples as well by the way
  10. F

FK8 No space saver wheel available for new civic type r gt

Welcome wingnut, did you get a good deal, what colour? Yeah what Matt said, you’d just switch the back 20” for the front, space saver on the rear. Think you’ve had a bit of a whelk on the end of the blower there!!!!
  11. F

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

It’s frustrating for sure but it’s keeping me motivated for when things get better. Some people have sold them due to covid, but I never could, it’s something to look forward to. I do use it for the odd supermarket run and take the longer route but can’t have a proper drive in this weather...
  12. F

If it’s being nicked for parts, no real difference I like it, but needs the 20s
  13. F

Chunky
  14. F

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

something to look forward to paul, what colour did you get?
  15. F

don't need 35K, just trade in the FN2, whack another 5K as deposit, 300 on the monthlies, job bosh done :D
  16. F

Your new here so we will let that slide :lol: no, a few people have removed the pin striping, have a look at the facebook page, fk8 owners, normally pics on there One mush in the USA removed the spoiler, got abuse ha Sportline not aware of any deliveries. The one chap on here we...
  17. F

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

were the two batteries from the same back? Strange one..
  18. F

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

more chance of Elvis being revealed in the masked singer sadly..! They will be tryin to clear order backlog for a clean shut down rather than adding a new set of options to the production line is my feeling - Unless, its just different colour wing end plates etc The new one we have had renders...
  19. F

FK8 Do fk8 get stolen?

Hey Goaty In the last couple of weeks I have noticed more Fk8s getting stolen. Up to this point really it was the odd one or two, nothing like the Golf R, S3 Range Rover etc For me, cars get stolen for 4 main reasons 1) Nicked and stripped for parts. These are then sold on ebay for chavs...
  20. F

What did you do to your Type R today?

can you get one with a red backlight? would mess up the feng shui Ia m going for..
  21. F

On the ktuner the drive modes still effect the throttle aggressiveness but engine power and torque still as per map. Comfort mode is therefore still soft as sh1te and banned from use. Each time I select it I have to call my in-laws for a chat, that’s a big of a deterrent it is not to use it.
  22. F

I am struggling to think of anything to replace the civic, and while I respect the trophy r, wouldn’t be on my shortlist at that price point, I’d be sniffing about an A45s. But for a used rarely extreme blast machine sure it would be great. Guess you don’t get the carbon wheels at that price...
  23. F

Looks good, remind what’s there normally?
  24. F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcwciifl3K8 Ouch. The civic was quicker in the wet!
  25. F

FK8 Possible new fk8

Hi Omar In addition to the above, check next to the boot hinges for rust where the welding seams join. Its not a massive issue, and not a deal breaker, but might allow you to get money off. I have it, not a problem, but some got it fixed on warranty and was a ball ache I didn't bother with...
  26. F

EP3 SPA Francoshamps 20th March 2021 - Curcit Days

Course, we go to the one thing in our Armory! When we inevitably get beaten on the drag strip or loose as a drivers car to a pesky 3 door thingy, we sit the children down and start "once a upon a time on a private toll road far from here..."
  27. F

You won’t let this point go will you :D
  28. F

Well McR your certainly using the LE as Honda intended I doth my cap sir
  29. F

nice, one, what's the Mileage?
  30. F

Congrats on your purchase! Is it all the callipers? Not seen an R badged chipped that much! Did you get a good deal then considering the callipers etc? I am OCD with my brembos, so touch wood they still look good. But I wonder if its caused by the previous owner getting their car hand washed...
  31. F

Welcome Rob. Did you get a good deal? No you have to turn on auto brake each time you get in. One of the little niggles you soon get used to PS4’s get great reviews, I will be switching to them once the contis run out, on my third front set now
  32. F

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Yeah you will hopefully forgive my negativity when you first said as it’s a crazy deal! I remember I was the same when they first got the test drive cars in before any customers cars. I had seen so much on the internet thought I knew it but when you see it in person for the first time it’s one...
  33. F

EP3 Hondata flash pro questions and or Alternatives

yeah I think I might be very wrong on what I said. It sounded right in my head!!! :p Ha when you said across the pond I thought you meant US Edit: Hmm watching this I am not sure now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cml_FUUV_EM Any experts please!?
  34. F

Front pipe (down pipe) goes to the Cat, then the standard Remus goes from 'cat to the back'. You purchase the remus front pipe and cat replacement pipe separately, or a sports cat Where you living mate?
  35. F

EP3 Engine Management Light came on

Ha I bet they did!! "Your turn to take it home josh..." Glad its not serious. Touch wood they are pretty reliable, I've had two erroneous messages in 3+ years, but are so technical bound to be the odd gremlin now and again
  36. F

Hi mate, yeah I have the ktuner and am very happy with it. The reason I went with it over hondata was that Paul West of tdi north fame prefers it (earth dreams on here had some issues on hondata now on ktuner), I wanted it custom tuned on a dyno by someone with a good rep AND I wanted a pop and...
  37. F

I am glad someone has finally stated not direct rivals, but still would have liked a conclusion!
  38. F

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

I think I got 3.9% from Honda but that was 2017. 5.9. Now
  39. F

TAKE YOUR FAMILY ON TRACK THIS JANUARY WITH DRIVE! BRANDS HATCH

you can have the tunes bangin on the way round! Ah sorry...:p
  40. F

this is when you find the previous owner has a ktuner on it, downpipe and bust blow off valve... :p:D
  41. F

I didn't even know you could get a PCP from a bank! Everyday is a school day
  42. F

- Gear stick beanie hat - eBay or check out fk8 owners on Facebook someone’s knitting them at the moment! - Type R key ring to let people that's your bad boy outside when your in a queue twiddling it at head height - eBay - Type R valve caps - eBay - Boot mat carpet - cox motorparts - Type R...
  43. F

Good time to get some accessories on your xmas list!! - Gear stick beanie hat - Type R key ring to let people that's your bad boy outside when your in a queue twiddling it at head height - Type R valve caps - Boot mat carpet - Type R decals for rear passenger doors - Red USB cable - Red...
  44. F

I think 'reasonably' is like saying trump is 'slightly' bonkers
  45. F

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Well then that is an absolute bargain, especially with 5 year service plan. Cheapest brand new I’ve seen is £33.9k! Look fwd to pics NYE
  46. F

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Fair play. Don’t wanna sound negative, but for that discount they’ve not pranged it have they or anything and patched it up? Also just check the gear box make sure the dealer isn’t just trying to get shot of it. Not that a discount has any effect on warranty but just seems a crazy price!!
  47. F

Hmm, that’s worrying, if it wasn’t for the metallic sound I’d have said it was an electric gremlin with the dash lights. Best of luck Thursday
  48. F

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/new/201911144350250?model=CIVIC&aggregatedTrim=Type%20R%20GT&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&year-from=2020&sort=relevance&radius=200&advertising-location=at_cars&make=HONDA&postcode=wd250ef&include-delivery-option=on&page=2...
  49. F

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

wow, that's some discount...How did you manage that?!
  50. F

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Cool, what year?
  51. F

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

What’s the dealio that link no longer works
  52. F

At first glance I thought you’d left the windows open
  53. F

at exactly the right height for 10 yea old rascals
  54. F

never forget looking out the window seeing little scrotes using my rear wing to line up their snowballs before luzzing them at the other kids...
  55. F

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/new-vw-golf-r-on-sale-now-from---163-39k---/43456 £41K plus for the R with drift mode, £37K for the clubsport (edit: 44k easy with sensible options) I was way off in my rant with the standard mk8 GTI, probably 35K with options (not 38K) So yeah...
  56. F

Very good point and I agree. The civic launch on twitch was extremely North American focused, didn’t mention Europe. Wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t get it
  57. F

Extremely jealous. I’d love one of them
  58. F

Hmm, interesting points. So the current type r has arguably better reviews and excitement than the A35, old golf R, s3 etc, yet sat a good few grand cheaper. Now a brand new mk8 golf gti is 38k with options, with the afore 4wd mentioned as good as 40k+ cars so Honda have raised the price but...
  59. F

All the best, have you bought a mustang then?! Any other bits or just the intake?
  60. F

these greasy roads must be fun in the M2 Dotty My car is currently useless with the 394 map, scrabbling like a dog on kitchen lino at any speed
  61. F

EP3 Boost Blue

Agreed, they’d look crap on another colour No, don’t think you have to tell insurance on ppf. One big sticker really!
  62. F

EP3 Boost Blue

Don’t let dealers do dealer fit options!!! No, sorry you’ve had this aggro, be worth it in the end. Hope the ppf goes well though, what could possibly go wrong!
  63. F

Two pages ago :p But yeah completely agree
  64. F

Yeah, is it new front wings or just side skirts and diffusers? Some shots looked like more boxy wings. I like it but wouldn’t get it, moving a bit towards a show car look and you’d need different wheels than standard to pull it off
  65. F

Are you trading your civic for it mark? Love a go in one and if I was in my 20s be interested but too small for me now, even though I have no kids, but it’s funny what you get used to... Edit: i couldn’t have afforded in in my 20s
  66. F

I cannot believe matt got below 14 in the wet!! Makes my 13.6 in the dry a bit embarrassing. I am delighted with that performance against a 4wd car, thought we would get mullered. Look forward to the dry rematch
  67. F

EP3 Back with an FK8

Nice, I have the Canadian standard “vtec turbo” in that position which is why I’ve not ordered the club sticker as no idea where else to put them I recently got the injen evo which is extremely similar to the takeda and similar to the prl hvi. For me the injen is a bit quieter than I hoped, be...
  68. F

EP3 Boost Blue

Essential travel only until 2nd so might as well use the time for the wrap ;)
  69. F

EP3 Boost Blue

Nice one, you could have used the money for the carbon trinkets on this instead! Give yani a call :D
  70. F

EP3 FK8 Inbound

get a wind up radio, stick it to the dash you are almost there! For me, the LE wheels are so similar in design to the standards, Id be tempted to get a standard set of ebay, have these for winter, keep the BBS nice and fresh
  71. F

That render has been knocking about Since June last year mark, so it’s a bit off compared to this one say based on Tuesdays reveal https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-honda-civic-type-r-everything-we-know/ Plus it’s auto express, the daily star of the car journalism world
  72. F

EP3 Boost Blue

That’s why champ white is a great colour. Yes i have a couple of chips down to the black on the bumpers, but looking at it you wouldn’t think it’s a 34k mile car, hides it very well.
  73. F

EP3 Boost Blue

is that the smart repair from honda? If so, well worth it had them out a good few times no hassle. Only thing they wont fix is the gloss black trim anywhere on the car or the bumper, as they 'dont have the paint code' - very weird.
  74. F

EP3 Boost Blue

Nice! that went quick...well for us maybe! And just in time for lock down to lift, so you can have a drive guilt free Check the suspension blocks have been taken out on the pdi, think about ppf on the front especially with that colour, maybe ceramic coat the brand new wheels
  75. F

hmm, I just plug it in and then use the infotainment screen so it sits on the charging pad. have not had a need to see the screen as yet
  76. F

FK8 Does the FK8 have......

No Great aircon though :p
  77. F

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

Ahhh course it does get toasty down under! So is the rest just less sound deadening?
  78. F

Congrats are you same as uk, no ac and infotainment? Yanks can add both or one or the other back in I believe
  79. F

To be fair I’ve done lots of dump trips, and as long as it’s all packed well with protection like you’ve done with the cardboard all good Try doing that in a yaris gr
  80. F

:D lets just say my passengers were used to wearing masks in my car long before covid
  81. F

its sadly more ocd around scratching the plastic charge pad. There is anti-slip everywhere.... and don't ask me if i have lined one of the cup holders in felt as this is where my keys go...
  82. F

See I am gonna have to mark you down sadly 1) No antislip mat 2) No colour coordinated charger lead :D
  83. F

It’s £36,320. With the likes of the golf r, amg35, bmw etc being higher still and this getting great reviews still, I can see what they are doing but doesn’t sit right. Proper bargain at 33k!,
  84. F

"...that our director has brought personally and we have chosen to use as a chicken shed" Also brought is incorrect
  85. F

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

And the rubbish rear suspension....and non aggressive vtech change....and the fact it was heavier than the ep3...:p:p
  86. F

yeah true, it has been a huge seller in the states... Here are some renders. I know this is the usual new model reveal bingo "if it looks like this I am keeping my fk8" and "what have they done" " boring honda have played it straighter this time")...but if it does look like this I am not keen...
  87. F

No I am aware of that, my point was I am surprised manufacturers are putting money into something like a type R, when you think they would be putting everything into EV design & development given the tight deadline
  88. F

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

ah give it time you wont worry about them
  89. F

With the UK aiming to ban petrol and diesel by 2030 (personally think they have no chance), I am surprised manufacturers are bothering, but then again they have 8 years left so this will be the last type r we get surely. I think it will be petrol plus mild hybrid, which may be good for torque...
  90. F

https://www.motor1.com/news/454975/2022-honda-civic/ This is the sedan, cant see the hatch being too different. Of course need to wait for the type r, see it in the flesh blah de blah, but my first thoughts are the bonnet is too flat and way too long, quite generic shape, accord type size...
  91. F

FK8 FK8 incoming

no point wrong colour :p
  92. F

Maybe they will do an equivalent of a black edition run out. I think it will only be cosmetic though, as honda have never given run outs a bump in power and surely they would have given it to the LE. Cant imagine LE owners being too pleased as after paying 40K then a run out 350bhp model comes...
  93. F

You mean the LE is not special enough? :D Would love to see another special, can’t see it happening. New 2021 civic gets revealed tomorrow, strong rumour there will be a new type r, so will be busy on that no doubt. Don’t forget fk8 was designed to be Type r from the start so could be a...
  94. F

EP3 FK8 exhausts

where did you put your bluetooth button bazza? I recently put mine here....but keep pressing the ignition button by mistake when coming back to my street.... it answered my question what happens if I was to press this accidentally on the move..
  95. F

https://www.rushlane.com/2021-honda-civic-new-gen-teaser-12383263.html new civic concept (real thing in all but name) reveal tomorrow Keen to see the new shape, these 4 years have gone quick..!
Back