• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. E

FN2 OBD2 Fault code reader

I have an CTR FN2, the VSA, ABS and tire pressure warning light have come on together a couple of times. They go off if I turn the engine off and on again but the check engine light stays on. I was looking to read the codes to get an idea of what is going on. I have a cheap code reader (MaxiScan...
  2. E

30 day insurance

Just wondering if anybody has taken out cheap short term insurance? I need to sell my wife's old polo as she has a new car. I wanted to take out a months insurance for test drives etc, except the cheapest quote is £90 for 30 days. A year insurance in the car was only £200 so I was hoping to...
  3. E

Squeaky/grinding noise at low speed.

When driving at low speeds there is a squeaky grinding noise coming from the underside of my EP3, I can’t tell if it’s front or back. It only starts above about 10mph and I can’t hear it above about 45mph. I thought it was just the break pads getting low but the sound doesn’t change when I...
  4. E

P0420

I am occasionally getting this fault code P0420 (Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1). Car runs fine but every now and again the engine fault light comes on. Having read other forum posts the first thing to do is replace the cat sensors. But my issue is money at the moment, having...
  5. E

Insurance question

A friend of mine has just had her car written off in a non fault accident (she wasn't in the car). She has just received a cheque as a settlement, however the insurance is saying the car is worth £4000 less than the actual value and they have further reduced the amount by the salvage value. Is...
  6. E

Exhaust corroded in 3 years!

How long should a new exhaust last? I had mine replaced 3 years ago and its now corroded through and the back box has fallen off. It wasn't a Honda exhaust it was an after market (cheaper) one of some kind, but it still cost £500 (inc fitting VAT). So I thought I would have 10 years (ish)...
  7. E

Garage/Service Centre review website

I am looking for a new garage to do the servicing on my EP3, the garage I have used for the past few years has changed owners and I don't have any faith in the new owners/staff. Is there a website which has reviews? I have used 'mybuilder' to search local trades men and always been happy with...
  8. E

Fault Code Reader

I need to buy a fault code reader and just looking for some advice. I am looking for a cheap one and I have a Halfords discount so I was hoping to buy one from there. I was looking at this one. The Foxwell nt 200...
  9. E

Losing power when driving with standing water?

My EP3 suffers badly with standing water on the road. It used to be that if I drove through a big puddle (very vary slowly) the car would stutter for about 20 seconds after. Then all was good. Today while driving there was a thunder storm and loads of sudden rain. There wasn't any big...
  10. E

Flat battery after wiper motor change.

Yesterday I had the rear wiper motor replaced by a garage. Drove home fine, this morning I went to start the car and it did start but it sounded like the battery was almost flat, drove to work thought nothing more about it. When leaving working the battery was flat, it turned over once but...
  11. E

First Track Day Advice

Hi, This is my first post on this forum. I have just signed up for my first track day in my EP3 and looking for some tips on how to get the most out of it. My EP3 is totally standard and I have never done a track day before. Having read some advice on various websites I have signed on to a...
Back