• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Unless things have changed (I lost interest) we are looking at 200-300 cars total for 2023 So yes lots of people with pre deposits are going to be refunded.
  2. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Honda Chiswick , Wimbledon, Reading are some that I know people have pre deposits down with. I could have put a pre deposit down as early as 1st of sep from memory (with Wimbledon) Truthfully with how few are coming in 2023 if your not already on a pre deposit list I'd say getting a car is...
  3. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

HONDA PCP / HP is currently 6.9%
  4. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

be amazing if its £38k. Can't see it myself but at that price, I will look to get one at some point during its production run probably 2024/25. I'm still thinking £43-£45k. At £38k it feels like a bargain in the current market and no cars are a bargain anymore........
  5. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Its basically a restyled fk8 with some chassis tweaks, so it will be a bit better I reckon. Then same engine, gearbox , brakes , seats they have been sticking in a type r since 2015. Can't see it being a step back more a slight evolution.
  6. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Well it seems only a few hundred type r will be coming to the uk. Some dealers are apparently taking deposits, I've asked 3 and not found one yet that will. Tbf I'm leaning towards not even trying to chase one down, I can't get on with the side and rear qtr profile views, and £40k is silly...
  7. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

I think at launch it will be the standard white, red, black , grey and maybe 2 other colours fair chance boost blue will be available, phoenix yellow would be a bold option. Might see a return of silver
  8. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Yer its not coming , I was on the yaris gr list but was booted off as all the allocation for this year has gone. Slim chance it may mean the corolla can come to the UK in 2023 in line with the rule of 3.
  9. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

I think your right, if the corolla GR was coming here I must admit I'd take it over the new type R I think. Although a big part of that thinking is I would be keeping my fk8 along with it.
  10. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Now September to see it without camo. September now for it un camouflaged appearance:( Read a similar thing, saying uk supply will be very low, a few hundred cars max. Guess this helps with co2 figures in the UK somehow. https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/honda/civic-type-r/ Also read...
  11. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Seems june is when we will see it without camouflage
  12. A

FK8 FK8 Rear Brake Pad Wear

Depends on how you drive. Mine used to last 8k miles. I had a new set every oil change. I've heard of others getting 20k miles out of them. Personally as they are so cheap , I'd have just had the dealer do it while it was in being serviced as they are bog standard civic pads. Or its...
  13. A

FK2 What to look out for when buying

Better asking on the Facebook page really, the forum is very very quiet nowadays.
  14. A

FK2 What to look out for when buying

I think un modified they are generally very reliable , I know of plenty fk2 that have shat themself when runnning remaps, head gaskets full engines letting go etc. Mine never let me down but in 48k miles at stock power. i had the following done under warranty after various fault codes came...
  15. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Do we know yet if rhd cars will be built in Japan or the USA?
  16. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

From memory (I may be wrong though) but with fk8 didn't we see it april ish 2017? Then some fast laps (ring breaking record in May ) then first cars delivered in UK in Sep 2017? Of course it was made in swindon which would have helped dramatically with the cars arriving with buyers quickly...
  17. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

Because supply will be limited I'd keep being a cash buyer to yourself when speaking with any dealer that's not a sale they are particularly interested in. I Was a cash buyer too. They'd much rather allocate cars to pcp or HP buyers. I know a few people who had 21 reg fk8 cars cancelled by...
  18. A

FL5 New Civic Type R

First deliveries are likely to be qtr 4 this year I reckon. I'm expecting it to be 39,995 for the gt. But have to wait and see. Looking like it's going to be great and will consider swapping my 21 plate one in if its good. Reckon thr wrap will be off very soon now to counter corolla gr...
  19. A

FK2 Gearbox oil change

Never had any issues with my gear box. Probaly because I changed the oil every year.
  20. A

FK2 Gearbox oil change

Cause if it was less than 75k miles it would need doing as part of the 555 service plan. Simple as that. They tried eeping it as cheap as possible. They even switched off the required servicing on most cars and switched it to annual (again to save money on the service plans). As I said...
  21. A

FK2 Gearbox oil change

You'd nuts to leave the oil in to 75k miles. Gear boxes are a know week point on these and you'll be surprised to see how much metal content comes out on an annual basis just shine a torch on it once youve emptied it. You will also notice an immediate improvement in the gear shift
  22. A

FK2 Gearbox oil change

Did my gear box oil every year at service time. Made a massive difference every year. Best 90 quid you could spend imo. Will do the same on my new fk8.
  23. A

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43654/new-honda-civic-type-r-will-debut-at-tokyo-auto-salon-on-january-14
  24. A

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Yep miss my black edition too. Drove the doors off it every day for 4.5 years from new (great for me perhaps not so much for the next owner lol). Loving my 21 reg fk8 but haven't gel'd with it in quite the same way as my fk2.
  25. A

FK2 FK2 75k/6year service costs

Well it's every 2nd service on the service plan. So would be due again really. TDI North do a major service for 480 quid which is oil, filter, brake fluid, valve clearances, pollen filters and vehicle inspection. Pretty reasonable imo. Interesting though that the fk8 only requires them at...
  26. A

FK2 FK2 75k/6year service costs

315 can't be anymore than an oil and brake fluid change and and a health check. When did you last have the valve clearances done? That would put it around the 800 to 900 mark. During my fk2 ownership the valve clearances where done every 2nd year so twice in the 5 year service pack.
  27. A

FK8 Fk8 current values

Well the prices buying website are paying is down fairly significantly on where they where. So the sooner the better if you do want to sell. Lots of dealers stuck with fk8s they have paid top dollar for currently. Never see so many for sale before!
  28. A

FK8 Fk8 current values

This must be one of the last registered. Guess they held onto it to make if one of a few or the only 71 plate car? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2021-Honda-Civic-TYPE-R-GT-Hatchback-Petrol-Manual-/154662652199?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
  29. A

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

I'm not an expert, but If you use E10 fuel won't the cars standard torque table mapping just adjust parameters to retain 306bhp (bit more boost). In the 4 years I had my fk2 I only ran 99 Ron fuel and continue to do so In my fk8. For overall cost difference why use anything else imo.
  30. A

FK8 Fk8 current values

That seems a decent deal tbf daz in the current market. Less than a year old, silly low miles, face lift and the service plan.
  31. A

FK8 Fk8 current values

I agree if it turns out the new one is too diluted in terms looks and or performance., there's a chance the fk8 may become the best petrol powered hot hatch ever (this will help values) . But having had an fk2 type r and now an Fk8 I really think they are gonna do something pretty special with...
  32. A

FK8 Fk8 current values

33k for that 2018 car is insane. The only way that could be a viable purchase is if the new 2022 type r is a total turd (my moneys on it being excellent) and the used markets staying as strong as it is now. That's a 25 to 26k car imo. Don't get me wrong strong used values are great, I...
  33. A

FK8 Fk8 current values

I'd wait if is was you. The reason for no negotiation is they have paid over the odds for the stock. And they ain't selling now. Nothings moved for weeks for what I can see. Plus Xmas is coming. The demand and funds have dried up. Plus new type r is on the horizon. Although not sure...
  34. A

Yep can see a big drop coming especially for the 19 and 20 plate cars that's went for close to list or over. The new type R is not that far away. From what I can see nothing priced really high has sold in the last few weeks. Seems demand has dried up.
  35. A

You can keep the fk2 and fk8 seats mint even with daily use. But it's a serious commitment. My fk2 ones looked brand new after 4.5 years and 40k plus miles. Required Lifting yourself in and out every time, using various parts of the car to support yourself to ensure no rubbing. Regular...
  36. A

Some interior pics now too, seats look the same https://www.drive.com.au/news/2022-honda-civic-type-r-interior-and-exterior-spied-in-detail/
  37. A

I reckon the seats will be exactly the same as fk8 ones.
  38. A

I reckon black seats will be an option this time. They did them in the run out fk2 black edition and the run out fk8 sportlines so they have track history with doing blacl seats on type Rs and they are certainly making this a bit more grown up.
  39. A

Another render this time based off the most recent camo only shots. https://www.motor1.com/news/539775/2023-honda-civic-type-r-rendering/
  40. A

Yep uk type R's will be built in Japan. Really hoping for some more interesting colours on launch for the new one
  41. A

Just noticed If you put your thumb over the spoiler it looks like a Cavalier SRI 130 from the 90's
  42. A

Loads more pics here Does look very long from the side profile 2023 Honda Civic Type R Spied In All Its Winged, Piped Glory https://www.motor1.com/news/538709/2023-honda-civic-typer-spy/
  43. A

I had a fk2 R for 5 years which I loved. Took me 4 years and them having to release the sportline R before I could drop £35k in an fk8 and be comfortable with the way it looked. But I did it back in June. Very happy so far but really do like the look of this. If it can keep the same...
  44. A

Easy to see how it will look now https://www.motor1.com/news/538196/2023-honda-civic-type-r-teaser/ Very similar to the various un official renders I like it
  45. A

FK8 Bonnet Paintwork

Honda paint is the worst. Only 3 ways to avoid it: 1. Don't drive so close to cars your tailing this solves 90 percent of the issues. 2. PPF the front of car 3. Every 2 to 3 years have a front end paint job. Personally I just use option 1. However due to a stone being thrown up my cars...
  46. A

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

47. A

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

People slate hondas warranty as they ignored the gearbox issue unless the car was new. Despite this I had about 6k of warranty work approved in 5 years. 4 wheels Entire engine wiring loom replaced Numerous actuator issues New turbo and associated parts The engine wiring loom seems pretty...
  48. A

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

If it just needs re gassing. Take it somewhere wanky like quick fit they will be able to sort
  49. A

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Why nor renew the warranty on my fk2 I got 2 years for 500 quid. Bargin. In years 4 and 5 I had over 4k of main dealer work covered. Its years 4 and 5 that things break imo
  50. A

FK8 Fk8 type r pistonheads buyers guide

Interesting read https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-buying-guides/honda-civic-type-r-fk8-ph-used-buying-guide/44704 It has gone bonkers I've been offered £4900 over list for my 21 plate sportline R A friend who bought at the same time a Boost Blue GT has been offered £7400 over list. Both...
  51. A

FK8 FK8 CTR Sport Line Ride

Love the megane trophy 300's very nearly ended up in one Thinking if car prices come back down to earth at some point I may get one for the mrs. Then I can nick it :)
  52. A

Love the megane trophy 300's very nearly ended up in one Thinking if car prices come back down to earth at some point I may get one for the mrs
  53. A

Seems odd that your sport line rides harsh as you say. Mine rides like our f80 3 series in comfort. Equally unlike the normal fk8 type r I can use plus r on the road no problem. I keep it in sport at all times though to be honest. Mines a road car same as my last fk2 type r and the sport...
  54. A

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

I'm shocked you have kept ownership of this. All the time you have it they have no incentive to resolve anything. At the very least get it back to the dealer and In their way every day. I can tell you if it was taking up ramp space after a strip down things would be moving quicker. As...
  55. A

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

Very strange situation. If not for the poor condition keys I'd say it had been involved in a transport accident. Those keys look several months old. Wonder if you can get the build date from the vin? Not sure with fk8's but when fk2 where new the plastic parts could be ordered painted from...
  56. A

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

SUPER UNLEADED IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. IT WILL OUTLIVE A FAIR NUMBER OF US. it will however become more and more expensive. Petrol power will go the same way as horse power. Horses became play things . It will be the same for petrol cars. There is nothing to worry about.
  57. A

The fk2 and fk8 ECU will adjust fueling parameters to make stock bhp / torque anyway regardless of fuel. So performance will remain the same even if mpg is affected.
  58. A

I'm 41 and will be able to drive petrol powered cars till I die. I'm about to buy a mustang for this very reason. However will we want to? With electric versions of shite cars (peugeot estates) doing 0-60 in 4.5 seconds imagine what a electric type r will be like?
  59. A

Germany ran all its vehicles on this once they started to lose the war as they where unable to get oil from anywhere https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news-environment/porsche-begin-producing-synthetic-fuels-2022
  60. A

Current super unleaded is not going anywhere. Just swallow the extra cost per litre and fill up on the good stuff. All this scare mongering is so annoying. Performance petrol cars have nothing to worry about EVER. Siemens and Porsche have committed to providing synthetic petrol for anyone...
  61. A

New Honda Civic unveiled

It's a guess but I reckon early orders opening in aug, delivery in qtr 4 not sure where they are being made but transit time from there to us will make lead times longer.
  62. A

New Honda Civic unveiled

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/352380/new-2022-honda-civic-type-r-prices-specs-and-release-date Reckon this is pretty close to how it's going to look. Its definitely going to be less in your face than the fk8.
  63. A

New Honda Civic unveiled

Hoping in comes in yellow from the off. If it's the last petrol powered type r im going to buy I'm going to make sure it's in a stupid colour :)
  64. A

New Honda Civic unveiled

I'm expecting it to just be a slight tweak in power maybe 330 bhp. This will be the 3rd gen type r using the same engine, gearbox and brakes imo. But I'm sure it's going to be another step up from the fk8s
  65. A

New Honda Civic unveiled

Quite likely a 4 yr production run too I reckon.
  66. A

New Honda Civic unveiled

Yer last petrol powered type r incoming in 2022. Reckon its going to be something very special imo
  67. A

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I think 6th year service was 1100 quid from memory
  68. A

Pretty sure 6th year is oil, brake fluid , valve clearance, I worked out it made more sense for me overall to jump into a new fk8 than service for years 6 and 7 plus I knew I needed a clutch too, so bailed out of the fk2 after 41k miles and into a new fk8 with 5 year service pack and new waranty
  69. A

If your keeping the car, I'd but a 2 year service plan from honda. Work out about 400 cheaper
  70. A

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Mate they look epic, great choice
  71. A

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I'd give the dream seat covers a miss. In my experience they do more damage to the seats than not using them. They have rough seams on the inside that rub all the contact points on the seat.
  72. A

Think honda gave announced next gen type r release to be late 2022 ? They have certainly confirmed it's not going to be a hybrid. 100% petrol powered (thankfully)
  73. A

Interesting to see people opinions on the sportline. It was no brainer for me :) I picked up my brand new sportline in PMM last week. First reviews just coming out on them now https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/355134/new-honda-civic-type-r-sport-line-2021-review
  74. A

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Yer Not great imo. Fk2 is pretty heavy, lots of torque and decent ish braking. All equals melty tread Imo fk2 needs proper track spec tyres if you want them to last. Probaly cheaper long term too
  75. A

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

All is say ref the PS4s having had 3 sets on the front of my fk2 is they really go off when you get down to 3mm. Both in dry and damp conditions the grip becomes very inconsistent. I now remove at 4mm sell the pair on Ebay for 50 quid each and stick a brand new pair on.
  76. A

FK8 New 2022 type R spied testing ! To be released late 2021

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32644001/honda-civic-type-r-spied-2022/
  77. A

FK2 Thoughts on this one?

Literally thousands of car for sale that are un recorded write offs. Insurance companies often dont apply markers so they can sell them for more. Shocking but true. There are apps that check salvage auctions by reg and vin to spot these. From memory mycarcheck is one. Watchdog covered this...
  78. A

FK2 Error codes p0046 and p0087

I had p0046 fixed under warranty. Honda replaced a load of parts not just the solenoid. Found boost went back to 1.3 bar after this was done where as it had been 1.2
  79. A

Difficult to enjoy a Type-R on UK roads...

They won't lose a penny on VED. They will simply change the tax criteria as and when needed to keep VED revenue similar or more.
  80. A

FK2 Gear box oil.

My type r had its 3 year end of warranty service and check over plus first MOT today. Decided it made sense to pay the 90 quid for a gearbox oil change (not included with service pack till 75k mile service, im on 32k miles). Gearbox feels great, was'nt bad before but it certainly feels a lot...
  81. A

What did you do to your Type R today?

How are your seats fairing under the dream cover? Its not a great design in my opinion. As it still causes wear where the internal joins on the cover (which are nice and abrasive) still get pushed over the alcantera seat during entry and exit which causes wear. Seen a few cars now that...
  82. A

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

Looks like revised 2020 cars being delivered from june Sport lines possibly a similar time frame Then the track focused ones in aug. A lot of talk already at the show that a further performance edition (road car) may follow in 2021 in conjunction with JAS racing. So 3 confimed new...
  83. A

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

I reckon the sports line will sell really well. Have to wait and see. I reckon it a safe bet that on uk roads it will be the best of the bunch. Look like it may have 19inch fk2 alloys on it as well which will make it ride lovely with the 2020 revised suspension and PS4s tyres.
  84. A

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/updated-2020-honda-civic-type-r-gets-two-new-variants https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/109189/new-honda-civic-type-r-facelift-revealed-for-2020 For me a 2020 model in boost blue with the black seats would be perfect. First time im...
  85. A

I expect it will be black seats like in my fk2 black edition.
  86. A

FK2 Oil level raised above max

Fred you seem a decent chap, but you're worrying about nothing. It's a Honda, it's been built to be driven hard all day every day. Let the oil warm up before pushing the engine. Service the car when it requests it and get out and enjoy it. 5mm on a dipstick is nothing. The dipstick is...
  87. A

FK2 FK2 Stock Exhaust Tip Finish?

They clean up well with autosol. Shiny chrome finish. Looks turd imo. I keep mine black and dirty
  88. A

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

On a decent dry day you can put down most if not all of the 310bhp on offer. You can also put most of this down while cornering once you get the diff engaged :D Car really does not need more power. Other than straight line speed i can't see how more power would equal more fun? As ive...
  89. A

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Having done 2 sets of contis and 2 sets of ps4s my thoughts are: 1. Contis have more outright grip and more bite on turn in. Also a bit better under hard braking. All of this is in the dry only. 2. Ps4s better in wet / cold. 3. Ps4s last approx twice as long 4.ps4s make the ride a little...
  90. A

Honda will want that ring lap record back. I think we will see an uprated car soon after they take the record back. Which i guess wont be till at least late spring 2020 ( weather depending).
  91. A

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

330 bhp is not 390 odd. Also the track edition has increased cooling and an ugraded gear box from memory 3rd and 4th gear are both uprated. I hope you dont have issues. Its just lots have had them, but as said its not talked about as with any car in warranty it will quietly be put back to...
  92. A

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

Does not matter what russ paton knows. No mapping changes the fact that this engine and gearbox leaves the factory at close to what it can handle power/torque/heat wise. His map could be the best in the world , the fact is the engine & gearbox internals cant take more. Your first issue will be...
  93. A

FK8 Fk8 type r TC

http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/news/fk8-civic-type-r-tc-revealed 89k dollars! Though
  94. A

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

I know of a few fk2's that weng bang with light mods and maps. Mapping has not moved on since 2015. Mapping has been the same for years and years. I also know of one fk8 that had terminal engine failure earlier this year after running stage 1 mods and was returned to standard and sent...
  95. A

FK2 Drivers who feel compelled to race you

Guess it's no different to me wanting to put my fk2r up against other more expensive machinery including a friend's 700bhp e63s lol. The fk2 is a rare and very capable car, so much so i've only done about 2k miles in my m3 since i bought the R in april 2017! That says a hell of a lot about...
  96. A

FK2 FK2 TYPE R boost pressure

Had the arma 2 years now, its a great bit of kit imo. Lots of turbo noises, nice intake sound higher up the rev range, surprisingly loud too, which takes some getting used too. Im based in hampshire, happy for you to take a look/ listen etc. If you want . At some point i will get the...
  97. A

I still trying to work out if boost is only 1.2 bar in 1st , 2nd and 3rd. Then 1.4 in 4th 5th and 6th gear. If so a boost controller could be fitted to have 1.4 bar in all gears which would be fun and you would not be running any extra total power. Lots of cars limit boost in first 3 gears...
  98. A

KSport brake kit

Ive has k sport 8 pots on 2 track cars 450bhp 200sx track car E46 m3 track car I was really happy with them for the price point, in fact i will be putting them on my e92 m3 at some point too.
  99. A

Thanks mate much appreciated
Back