• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Flashy

EP3 Ep3 down on power, what to do next?

It was the exhaust, there was a baffle effecting flow. I changed the mid pipe and stuck an RRC inlet manifold on, it made 231bhp.
  2. Flashy

Finally fulfilled my dream of owning a FK2 Type R!!

Is yours left hand drive Sham? :)
  3. Flashy

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

Cool, thanks
  4. Flashy

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

Why are prices going up in general for S/H cars?
  5. Flashy

EP3 - Bogging down issue on track

Are you running a baffled sump?
  6. Flashy

Flashy's Ibis White Audi Mk2 TT 2.0tfsi valvelift

Fitted a racechip xlr pedal box, and have selected R+ mode. It's great, response at low revs is great. Very k20 like :cool:
  7. Flashy

My Whiteline RARB polybushes started creaking again (I had greased them in the past to combat the noise), so I decided to tackle it another way. I cleaned off all the old grease and wrapped the bar at the bush contact points with some teflon tape (with ptfe). Works a treat, no more noise.
  8. Flashy

How to replace a broken bonnet release cable

It should just unclip. I put one of those aluminium jobs off ebay on the cable.
  9. Flashy

I'm pleased with it, makes some nice whoosh noises without being annoying
  10. Flashy

Next thing to fit.
  11. Flashy

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Had all my bigger jobs done at Performance Auto works. Good place.
  12. Flashy

Put some 11mm Forge spacers on, the wheels sit perfectly now in my opinion. Painted my S Line rear valance, ready for me to put on next weekend.
  13. Flashy

Fn2 type r gt project

I'd get some lightweight 18s, make a good difference on these cars.
  14. Flashy

FK8 Non-performance modifications not insured

Wierd, my flux quote was more than double my Brentacre quote :D
  15. Flashy

FN2 Modding for more NA power on FN2 K20 - 2021

Get the back seats out, they weigh about 40kg.
  16. Flashy

BMW M2 competition

Can the badge be swapped out for a CF or black and white one?
  17. Flashy

No. Actually, just for a back screen replacement after some tool put a ball bearing through it. No problems at all.
  18. Flashy

I've been with Brentacre for years. Quick phone call to update latest mods, **nothing to pay. Easy. ** Only paid for mods that increase bhp (my remap for example is the only one)
  19. Flashy

Test fitting with the help of some bricks :)
  20. Flashy

Cheers, the front splitter arrives tomorrow. Job for next weekend :)
  21. Flashy

Put some Maxton side skirts on, will be complete when the front splitter arrives.
  22. Flashy

Happy with the wheels
  23. Flashy

FN2 fn2 engine polly mounts

Fitted. It was 5 years ago :)
  24. Flashy

FN2 fn2 engine polly mounts

I just fitted the driver's side upper insert
  25. Flashy

Slight change of plan, I have bought some flowformed 8.1kg 18 inch wheels, will be putting them on tomorrow. They are kitted out with Toyo R888r too :cool:
  26. Flashy

Honda EP3 Supercharged Insruance

Try Brentacre. £5,300? :D
  27. Flashy

EP3 Changing gear

My ep3 was a bit of a git to get in gear, especially in vtec. Clutch bite was about an inch off the floor, usually two signs you need to change the clutch. If you do, it's about £450 including parts, best to get oem 3 piece clutch.
  28. Flashy

EP3 Changing gear

Transmission fluid change helped mine a lot. Is the clutch bite low down?
  29. Flashy

2009 FN2 GT 34K Water in Lower Boot Well.

Could be the spoiler. It's easy to remove and you can use rubber washers around the bolt holes. Could also be the rear lights from memory
  30. Flashy

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Do all that to your new car instead then ;)
  31. Flashy

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

A bike easily goes in the back of an ep3
  32. Flashy

Just waiting for the anti lift kit so I can sort the suspension and get it lowered at the same time.
  33. Flashy

Got these today :cool:
  34. Flashy

Thanks. I like getting a bumper off :D
  35. Flashy

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Ooh, I sold a cosmic grey 06 plate ep3 last year. First letter H?
  36. Flashy

Bought some brand new eibach springs for £70, bargain. Will drop the car 25mm and look much better.
  37. Flashy

Stuck an RS style grill on.
  38. Flashy

BMW M2 competition

I'm most surprised that Dotty has reached 1200 miles in it :D
  39. Flashy

Few issues after a while

https://youtu.be/OAMqrL14ewo
  40. Flashy

Few issues after a while

You can check the tie rods by raising the car and grabbing each wheel and check for movement.
  41. Flashy

Treat purchased :smt058 https://ukwhitelineperformance.com/products/kca316-bushing-kit
  42. Flashy

Mot passed without drama today :woot: Might treat it to some suspension mods.
  43. Flashy

Best mugen replica front grill

I paid around £120 for one SH. It fitted fine.
  44. Flashy

Best mugen replica front grill

I'm confused, are you after a grill or a badge?
  45. Flashy

Racing Blue FK8 Type-R GT

Very nice. If you see a white TT flashing lights, give us a wave ;)
  46. Flashy

Hey fn2 owners looking for a little advice please

How many engines run at max parameters in stock form? :rolleyes:
  47. Flashy

Bollocks. Put some lacquer on and...... Rubbed off so easily too. Wrap next.
  48. Flashy

Sort of dodged the rain to do the fuel cap, had to stand outside for a while with brolly over it :D
  49. Flashy

Fwd traction in 300bhp cars

My non charged ep3 would spin up a bit but with similar weight I guess the increased torque of the TT doesn't help. I have put a thicker rarb on but I guess the oem suspension will still be the problem, whereas the FKs suspension is newer as you say. Think I'll do one mod at a time to tackle it...
  50. Flashy

Nobody?
  51. Flashy

How does the fk2 and fk8 cope with the power being fwd? My TT (fwd) has F1 asy5 tyres and struggles to get the power down. It does have 303lbft of torque and only weighs 1280kg so I can see why it would spin up so easily. I can do some mods to help it but wondered how the stock Rs cope in the...
  52. Flashy

Got some gloss black plastikote primer/paint all in one, will give the fuel cap a go.
  53. Flashy

Trying to decide if I should do any cosmetic mods or leave. Also whether to lower it by 20mm.
  54. Flashy

EP3 Thinking of buying my first Honda... EP3 type R UK spec

The Recaro seats are standard, that's a premier edition. Get the oil changed and stick some 5w40 millers or fuchs fully synthetic in, particularly on that mileage. I see it has a tegiwa induction kit too. Random tyres are not uncommon, some people just don't want to spend on premium tyres.
  55. Flashy

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Carlton?
  56. Flashy

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

I thought you had gone overboard with the car air freshener :D
  57. Flashy

My Polished metal metallic FK8

Well done mate, look forward to seeing what you do to it ;)
  58. Flashy

EP3 High mileage...

Enjoy it, especially with the remap and mods. Not as easy to work on though.
  59. Flashy

EP3 High mileage...

Ahem :p
  60. Flashy

No worries Dave, I knew what you meant. I was just adding how much the RRC added :D
  61. Flashy

The RRC added 17bhp on my EP3. I think the RSP isn't too bad for an oem manifold so the gains probably won't be quite the same as what mine achieved.
  62. Flashy

The balancer shaft delete will net you 10 bhp but isn't cheap. If you're happy with 220 to 240 bhp then also consider an RRC intake manifold. Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels are a good choice, not overly expensive but only weigh around 8.5kg. Camber bolts, eibach pro kit springs and a fast...
  63. Flashy

Tuning - does it make a real difference?

It reduces the slightly sluggish feeling leading up to vtec. I did induction, RRC intake manifold, exhaust and it made 231bhp. You can feel the difference and I didn't even decat it. Fast road set up is a good idea, and some decent brakes.
  64. Flashy

EP3 Enkei Mistubishi-Evo 8-9 wheels

Should do. Just check the centre bore is at least 64.1
  65. Flashy

Just bought a new Type R (FN2) Bronze

Surprised. What you looking to get next?
  66. Flashy

EP3 Pre-Facelift Rear Lights on a Facelift

It is a case of switching wires to suitable sockets that fit the pre facelift lights. Brakes are the same. Think I've got spare sockets in the garage.
  67. Flashy

Mini Cooper S Works. Lol. :p
  68. Flashy

Done for the moment, don't think I'll go stage 2 as it would be a sports cat down pipe and probably a hpfp. For the cost for another 25 to 30 bhp it's not for me. Maybe some springs or lighter wheels. The stock 17s were 12.3 kg, my aftermarket 18s are 11.2kg, lighter but not that light. Trouble...
  69. Flashy

Peace of mind mate. Maybe the ACF will be ok as it will be in an area not fully exposed to the elements?
  70. Flashy

How about Hylomar blue or red?
  71. Flashy

Added an Ultra Racing front strut brace. Has made the steering feel a lot more direct, plus the front wheel scrabble under load off roundabouts is vastly reduced. Handles so much better now. After some product to put between the brace (steel) and the strut tower bodywork (aluminium) to prevent...
  72. Flashy

engine not reving past 1000rpm

What happens when you start it up from cold? The engine initial tickover is 2k.
  73. Flashy

EP3 2007 fn2 valve clearance guide / specs?

It's what I used.
  74. Flashy

EP3 Whining as Revs rise

Could be idler pulley or belt tensioner.
  75. Flashy

TIMING CHAIN DONE BEFORE??

The white markings on the cam sprockets are from factory. The silicone as you call it is honda bond, every time you place the gasket there are 4 points that need a bead of Honda bond. Chain, tensioner and guide plus fitting will probably set you back £600.
  76. Flashy

Creaking Bushes - recommendations

Hi all, My suspension is creaking at the rear and I think I'm going to give everything a good spray. Am I right in thinking silicone spray is good for rubber bushings? If so, which type? Ta.
  77. Flashy

FN2 shifter bushes

More precise shifting. I went with Acuity.
  78. Flashy

It's the recirc version so doesn't dump to atmosphere. The ramair kit gives a whoosh ;)
  79. Flashy

Go Fast Bits DV+ put on the car this morning. The tray was a bit tedious with 18 torx screws :picardfp: Pretty easy to get at the diverter valve from below, especially with the stubby ratchet and 60mm extension. Job done.
  80. Flashy

EP3 Type r ep3 to buy

You are buying an older car, you'll never fully know about the bad stuff that's happened to it. Sounds good that it was with the last owner for 7 years. A few questions... Age, mileage, any history of chain/tensioner replacement, clutch replacement and valve clearance? What did it drive...
  81. Flashy

EP3 Just got my second FN2

If they are too tight you can burn a valve
  82. Flashy

EP3 Just got my second FN2

Trouble is it's not just about the tapping. If a valve is too tight and there is no gap, you won't hear it. I did my own, two or three times. Nice job if you're confident about doing it.
  83. Flashy

Ep3 tegiwa induction kit

Dunno, bought mine second hand and it was already fitted to the scuttle. Just buy some nuts and washers.
  84. Flashy

Ep3 tegiwa induction kit

Here you go.
  85. Flashy

Ep3 tegiwa induction kit

You have to cut the scuttle. Bolt the scoop to the scuttle. Hang on, sure I got some pics.
  86. Flashy

Finally own a Type R

Very tidy. Got any plans?
  87. Flashy

Decided to paint the calipers black, keep it stealthy :D Car now has a ramair induction kit. I have also ordered a Superpro dog bone mount insert, an Ultra Racing front strut brace, and a GFB DV+. The diverter valves can suffer from split diaphragm under increased boost, the GFB looks a good...
  88. Flashy

timing chain cost?

Try performance autoworks in Fairford, just over the border in Glos :)
  89. Flashy

N77’s new R

Did you ever fit an induction kit? A lot on the TT forum seem against fitting one, saying it will do nothing. I've got the pipercross panel filter but a Ramair kit is arriving today. I have the EA888 engine in my car.
  90. Flashy

EP3 A new stablemate

They sound awesome.
  91. Flashy

EP3 A new stablemate

Griffith or Griffin?
  92. Flashy

Tiger seal

I've got a pristine cosmic grey wing mirror, if any good to you. Ah, just realised yours is pre facelift.
Back