• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ColdWind666

FK8 New Tyre Tread Depth

I've had 2 slow punctures fixed, 1 tyre replaced due to a screw that was too close to sidewall, and 1 tyre replaced due to running over a ratchet strap, that came off the side of a wagon. Its been a fun 3 years - feels like I drive with my eyes shut.
  2. ColdWind666

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Yeah true - I checked a few, before I purchase from Black Circles (Costco, F1, ATS, and the likes) but Black Circles came in very much the cheapest at that time. Fortunately they have just e-mailed, to confirm they now have the tyres ready for delivery, and my fitting will go ahead on Saturday...
  3. ColdWind666

That seems to be my exact thoughts at this moment in time, yes
  4. ColdWind666

Yeah that is annoying... My appointment is supposed to be this Saturday at 9am, but Black Circles do not have my tyres still, and still don't know when they will get them. I have been liaising with them via e-mail every few days for them to keep checking. I am going to e-mail them today, and...
  5. ColdWind666

Well, that lasted long. BlackCircles just e-mailed me, to say they don't actually have them in stock..
  6. ColdWind666

They had the same Flash15 sale yesterday on BlackCircles, so I have now pulled the trigger on a set of 245/30/20 @ £195 each, fully fitted, which will be getting fitted on the 20th this month Hoepfully I'll notice the difference, as currently, due to wear and punctures, my tyres are a bit...
  7. ColdWind666

FK8 Water in Light

Thanks Wilmo, I found one guy had the exact issue. And i have purchased some smoked side lights (Housings only) to see what they are like. Just need to suss how to get them out now
  8. ColdWind666

FK8 Water in Light

Hi Guys While washing the car at the weekend - I noticed a load of either Rusty, or Dirty Water, in the small light that is above the wheel: I noticed it just as I started to was the car - so I assume it has been in there for a while, as it hasn't rained here for a few days, and prior to...
  9. ColdWind666

EP3 Quick brake pad question

Thanks - I need pads soon, so might give these a whirl
  10. ColdWind666

What did you do to your Type R today?

oh my god haha I could not I actually scratched my front passenger seat last week, and i am still very upset haha
  11. ColdWind666

EP3 Quick brake pad question

Do you have a link to them?
  12. ColdWind666

Yeah those tips look awesome
  13. ColdWind666

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Every now and then, probably about 3/4 times in 2 years I've had the car, mine takes a few seconds to start - to the point where i thought it wasnt going to start. It was never after any prolongued period of not being used, just the next morning for work etc. Guess I better check VIN number...
  14. ColdWind666

FK8 Fuel pump recall

God damn, I dont have VIN Number handy, so had bookmarked that page, and was going to sort it tomorrow - assumed that was the one!
  15. ColdWind666

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Was thinking exactly the same, quick google found me this: https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls
  16. ColdWind666

Very impressive, looks awesome
  17. ColdWind666

FK8 Climate control module replacement

It is awfully slow to react sometimes though, I find it a bit annoying. So I can appreciate why this is a thing.
  18. ColdWind666

Nice, I like that - Going to have a stab myself.
  19. ColdWind666

FK8 Touch-up paints

Agree with the Generic Gloss Black Pen from Halfords. Used it twice, sadly. Its almost a perfect match
  20. ColdWind666

FK8 A few questions... Differences? Or am i stupid?

oh my god, I'm glad somone brought the Wiper issue up. I just cant figure them out for the life of me, they literally do what they want. and also Yes @ the constantly misting up windscreen..
  21. ColdWind666

FK8 Screen backgrounds - What's yours?

this picture hurts my brain! Those bubbles and peeling plastic... :o
  22. ColdWind666

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

Well I'll soon find out haha...i couldnt stretch to to the Mich atm, hoping they end up on sale somewhere in teh distant future so i can nab some cheaper
  23. ColdWind666

FK8 Bridgestone Potenza S001?

I just got my front conti's replaced after 8,000 miles, and I decided to try these tyres out. Also, prior to this, i had the wheels rotated with no issues, but I was advised that I would need to replace the tyres soon. So i got them replaced, and rotated back, so I could have the Bridgestones...
  24. ColdWind666

FK8 Tshssssss (as in turbo noise)

Thanks Guys - Think I'll give the Pipercross a go
  25. ColdWind666

Yeah figured that one too, hate having to make a call between 2 of the same things! :( will trawl the forums for some reading on them haha
  26. ColdWind666

After a panel filter myself, this one? https://www.dream-automotive.com/products/pipercross-panel-filter-1
  27. ColdWind666

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

Yeah - Mines earlier than that, registered in Feb 2018
  28. ColdWind666

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

Yeah - I noticed this the other week on mine...was thinking to just clean it and touch it up with my paint chip pen
  29. ColdWind666

FK8 Cap-less Fuel System

Filled up yesterday, was a hot day, and it hissed at me
  30. ColdWind666

FK8 Rear washer jet

Oh good i thought it might of been just mine, it really is terrible!
  31. ColdWind666

FK8 Honda closing Swindon plant

Will they come with the 3 sea shells? :D
  32. ColdWind666

New tyres

mine do that, wondered what the hell it was!
  33. ColdWind666

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

Just did my front drivers side also, not too badly though... hoping some gloss black paint will sort it..
  34. ColdWind666

FK8 New Owner - Hi

I cant find it! Checked the tyre wall,and cant find it, its a slow one, i pumped it to 33 PSI on Monday afternoon, and its down to 29 PSI now.. booked into AS for Thursday to see what they say..
  35. ColdWind666

FK8 New member and soon to be R owner

Good news, you wont regret it.
  36. ColdWind666

FK8 New Owner - Hi

Okay I'll have a look Got a puncture at some point over the weekend! Trip to ATS after work, hope they can repair it :(
  37. ColdWind666

FK8 Show me your creaminess!

**, South Shields. It's cool, thank you though.
  38. ColdWind666

I have orderd the Poor Boys White Diamond, and a Poorboys Ex-P Sealant for on top. Just waiting on Delivery, and the correct weather
  39. ColdWind666

Great, I'll give the Poor Boys White Diamond a bash.
  40. ColdWind666

haha, no sorry i blanked out the last 3 letters, just coz... i dunno why Yeah i saw some of that, and a similar one https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/meguiars-mirror-bright-paste-polish-wax I fancied giving this a go
  41. ColdWind666

Meant to put this up before. Also, you guys got any recommendations for polish or wax for it? I previously used Dodojuice Wax. Wondered if you guys have any better ideas for keeping it shiny?
  42. ColdWind666

FK8 New Owner - Hi

can you point me in the direction of what you got? I'd like to have a bash at trying it myself.
  43. ColdWind666

FK8 New Owner - Hi

Yeah, I appreciated the looks are very Marmite-ish for others No a massive fan of the auto-cut off, so most likely will turn it off. Due to my work commute, I am thinking of getting some form of mud flaps installed, as some of the roads have a lot of loose debris, and I'm a bit worried about...
  44. ColdWind666

FK8 New Owner - Hi

Yeah tell me about it, its been pretty much raining since i bought it! I am finding all of the bits and pieces a bit overwhelming atm. I had my DS3 for 6 years, so the tech inside was a bit dated. So its nice to be shot into the current day, with all the new stuff (no 'handbrake', auto engine...
  45. ColdWind666

FK8 New Owner - Hi

Okay thank you for the info, I'll do a bit more looking into price for servicing and alloy wheel insurance, but if you paid<£100 for getting an FK8 alloy repaired, then that sounds reasonable to me, as hopefully there wont be many refurbs reqired. Regarding the car, it has 4,800 on the clock...
  46. ColdWind666

FK8 New Owner - Hi

Hi On Wednesday I had the pleasure of picking up my 8 month old FK8 in Championship White (Or more of a cream, as 2 friends have pointed out to me) Traded in my Citroen DS3 Sport, as I have wanted a Type R for a few years, and I am absolutely loving it. although finding all the stuff a bit...
Back