• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

If you think the Honda infotainment system is bad, the one in the 2019 Focus I’ve got on hire is utterly shocking. It takes forever to play your iPod via USB and that’s if it actually detects it. It randomly turns the ‘audio’ function off. Similarly Car Play doesn’t like to load when plugged...
  2. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Cap-less Fuel System

Got down to 1 when Honda was paying for my fuel one time
  3. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Unless you write for a motoring magazine where it’s in full view :evil: I just think they see it outside and automatically assume or just write about it
  4. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Like said earlier one side has to be unblanked for the horn. Talking of which anyone changed their horn...imo it sounds ‘weedy’
  5. Flaky_Bandit

https://www.emgmotorgroup.com/used-vehicles/9891368-bmw-1-series-m135-i/ Apols M135i
  6. Flaky_Bandit

Put it this way...with a speed limit of 15mph overtaking might be a tad dangerous :lol:
  7. Flaky_Bandit

Problem here is that every year a Golf R looks exactly the same which ever year. PS I am not saying it is not a capable car.
  8. Flaky_Bandit

It generates the same comments over and over again. Fake vents - M140i has them at the front, as does the latest Megane RS (broken by fog lights). imo adds to the Banzai look otherwise it would look rather bland Triple exhaust - F40 had them Big wing - no one said anything when they...
  9. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 TA (Traffic Announcements)

Have you checked the volume level for your TA? Just a suggestion
  10. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Rear fender inserts

https://www.dsgperformance.com/varis-arising-i-rear-fender-trim-frp-the-fk8-honda-civic-type-r
  11. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Only 4 seats?

Need a better dictionary...plenty of 4 door coupes nowadays. RX8?
  12. Flaky_Bandit

Don’t expect an instant exchange. They’ll probably have to order one in so I’d phone ahead.
  13. Flaky_Bandit

New tyres

I guess to each their own, but I’m an advocate of having new rubber on the rears so that it doesn’t become too ‘loose’. Not for this thread.
  14. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Will it fit in the garage?

I am sure that you know the Civic IX and X dimensions were increased over the previous generations to cover the void when the Accord was discontinued in the UK market.
  15. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Will it fit in the garage?

One thing that surprised me was that the FK8 is 2 inches longer, 3 inches wider and 2 inches less tall than a Mitsubishi Evo X which in my mind physically looks much smaller. PS the above was due to my friend and I comparing our cars
  16. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 New Owner - Hi

Puncture on edge of tyre could not be repaired hence the £250 for new tyre. Worse thing tyre had done less than 2500 miles grrrrrr
  17. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 New Owner - Hi

Found out they are very picky where as repair can be done. My repair cost nothing...but tyre cost £250!!!
  18. Flaky_Bandit

Don’t know what they are talking about. It is inconspicuous :lol: Just think the journalists just want to write a comment on the rear wing and that is an easy get-out. Auto express has the same comment.
  19. Flaky_Bandit

That’s one more that 1 did in the land of the rising sun
  20. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Official UK/European & US owners manuals

I am assuming that this is the ‘post’ recall version :lol:
  21. Flaky_Bandit

Maybe it’s just me but I’m not a fan of the Megane’s looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
  22. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 OBD?

Not only that, it tells you the mph and revs and location on map in real time.
  23. Flaky_Bandit

As rare as hens teeth lol. I have also seen one in the wild...in Tokyo.
  24. Flaky_Bandit

New tyres

:smt023 All matter of personal opinion ;)
  25. Flaky_Bandit

Is it just me as the FK8 is still as rare as hens teeth around my parts. Still haven’t seen one. Saw an i30N today...anonymous could’ve been just a bog standard i30
  26. Flaky_Bandit

Yes. Standard piece of trim
  27. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

Thanks...now I know why that piece of trim is in 2 pieces :lol:
  28. Flaky_Bandit

Thought I’d share what I found on the internet with you...probably useful in this hot weather. When you press the unlock button on your remote, press and hold it again...all your windows will open releasing the hot air from your car. Note that you can close the windows remotely also by...
  29. Flaky_Bandit

What did you do to your Type R today?

Speedy recovery :smt023
  30. Flaky_Bandit

FK2 Locking wheel nut/damaged wheels!!!!

tbh wouldn’t go to a fitter who don’t use one ;)
  31. Flaky_Bandit

FN2 Advice with previous ownership - FN2 Type R

^ Go for condition and history. Plenty around if you’re prepared to travel.
  32. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

The realistic suggestions for ‘facelift’:- Safety camera warnings on sat nav Auto door lock when setting off/moving Independent driver settings (as mentioned above) Ability to deactivate ACC but still have CC Red seats in back (aka FD2)
  33. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Type r led interior light kit

tbh any W5W would do. I purchased these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071VT5DRB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which gives a brighter pure white light rather than a cool (blue) light.
  34. Flaky_Bandit

Ok not quite today but collected my replacement.... ...’how it works’ manual ;)
  35. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Shell V-Power

Damn by the time I drive there and get back I’ll need to fill up again :lol:
  36. Flaky_Bandit

Also TarX and Oblitarate. My preference is TRIX which is a tar and iron remover. Spray and leave for a few minutes. Just don’t let it dry. I’ve found Autoglym good only for removing the odd tar spots as it’s not a spray.
  37. Flaky_Bandit

Brilliant. Was it an exhaust off job?
  38. Flaky_Bandit

Looks fab. What paint did you use?
  39. Flaky_Bandit

I thought in general, the term ‘saloon’ covered 2, 3, 4 and 5 door configurations of cars - particular in the good old pre-SUV/MPV days. This is then split further as 3 and 5 door hatchbacks and 2 and 4 door notchbacks. But a 2 door notchback could also be termed a 2 door coupe...until a 4 door...
  40. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Question about the interior illumination pack

No idea of difficulty but found a link to you to ponder over whether it can be easily fitted. http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2017/4dr/illuminateddoorsilltrim.pdf
  41. Flaky_Bandit

Hadn’t stuck on yet... The end product
  42. Flaky_Bandit

Usual decal application...one on back one on front. Couldn’t find any which said ‘Honda Design’ as per prototype but thought it looked cool.
  43. Flaky_Bandit

Thanks but would’ve been too much hassle :D Felt the white was too....white
  44. Flaky_Bandit

As dweezle said unlikely to be fitted at the factory. They just roll out of a production line in standard trim and any options would done on a car by car basis at the dealer.
  45. Flaky_Bandit

Decided on red after all
  46. Flaky_Bandit

Red or white ?
  47. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

Reversing camera is standard for both specs http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/civic-type-r/compare.html Under Audio and Electronics
  48. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Finally seen another FK8

The non hard reset method... Settings > Vehicle > TMPS Calibration (top option) > Calibrate Quite ironic this got mentioned as it’s pinged on twice in my last 2 drives in the last 2 weeks both whilst I was on a straight road when it came on. Didn’t notice anything so recalibrated when tyres...
  49. Flaky_Bandit

15 min job is to change an owners manual? :p
  50. Flaky_Bandit

It’s probably because it’s also a ‘all in one’ manual
  51. Flaky_Bandit

Anyone else got a Safety Recall Notice?
  52. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Scorers on the Chavometer?

It was actually an optional extra from FN2 on. All Type Rs, excluding the NSX, up to and including the EP3 they were standard
  53. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Scorers on the Chavometer?

Are you referring to me? :confused:;)
  54. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

The brake lights even stay on the moment you pull away and only go off after a couple of feet of movement
  55. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 The compliments have started

My neighbour says people stop and stare at the car. I’ve had ‘have you seen the wing on that?’ And people covertly taking pics
  56. Flaky_Bandit

Same as what happened to me...they had to replace the modulator. Additional they forgot to reconnect my hazards. That is correct. Think they should have had a ‘red’ to make the rear sills stand out.
  57. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Exactly so you don’t get a tail happy car. Tyre fitters hate me when I ask them to be swapped
  58. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Guess I’m a firm believer in having more tread at the back for fwd cars so wouldn’t swap the fronts and rears.
  59. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Dark inside..

Could be a modulator issue
  60. Flaky_Bandit

Or is it Honda thought ‘Done the facelift, ooooh damn we forgot a Type R model, let’s put one together and use it as a test for the new gen 10 model’
  61. Flaky_Bandit

Personally still like the colour of the prototype
  62. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 MPG

:smt023 Did a mix of A roads and more A roads. Some motorway some town.
  63. Flaky_Bandit

Mentioned that gearbox not as smooth as the one I had in the EP3. But it’s still better than boxes from other manufacturers. Extra Gear on BBC3 - more footage generally not shown on the main show. Had the winner of 2011 GT Academy on driving a full sized GTR with a PS4 controller from a...
  64. Flaky_Bandit

Enjoyed TG tonight. Anyone watched Extra Gear?
  65. Flaky_Bandit

Problem you have is that negative comments are more likely to be written about in any product - it’s human nature. Sure I’ve had some issues with the car but...it hasn’t made me question where I spent my money. The only issue that was car related for me was the issue with the engine management...
  66. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 MPG

Highest 30.02 Lowest 22.90 Average 26.14 V-Power only Just have to remember that I need to fill the tank before the start of any long journey.
  67. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Am I being thick.. setting Autolock

Like another poster mentioned, I am of the old ‘press the button’ school and by folding the mirrors (press the lock button a second time within 10 seconds) know that the car would be locked.
  68. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Am I being thick.. setting Autolock

It’s not you. Option is not available. I believe it’s the walk-away function you’re after.
  69. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Internet functionality with HU display

Nope. Use your iPhone as a hotspot to use the HU to connect to the internet
  70. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 New Car collection day..... nearly

Wasn’t it just available on the end of run Black Edition? Maybe it another special edition Honda will have in the pipeline later before the facelift :smt102
  71. Flaky_Bandit

They are all hot hatches. However where differ is in the pricing strategy which then, imo, subdivides the category. If you consider the CTR at around £31k, then it is likely you consider the RS/Golf R/140i. If you are looking at the i30N, you are more likely to consider the ST/GTis. I...
  72. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Condensation in rear light clusters

Funny you should mention that. Noticed that on mine as well :confused:
  73. Flaky_Bandit

I read somewhere they actually recorded faster laps.
  74. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Civic TCR

10”x18” Forged Aluminium Oz Racing alloys. Sorry no other details.
  75. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Civic TCR

Yokohama Advan. Competition use only. 250/660R18.
  76. Flaky_Bandit

Footwell (driver’s side) Door handle Front door sills Rear door sills The door pockets are also illuminated.
  77. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 What and when to buy?

Details here...see #1 ;) http://thetoycollectiblesparadise.com/2017-honda-civic-type-r-fk8-another-collectable-diecast I bought it from Honda Plaza in Aoyama, Tokyo.
  78. Flaky_Bandit

The Ebro ones are ¥6,700 (around £45) The prototype RR BSB
  79. Flaky_Bandit

Yep. I managed to procure an official Honda one ¥11,800 (around £80). Apparently I’ve got the final unopened one. They also had a red and a black one available. And an opened CW.
  80. Flaky_Bandit

Just bought a new one...
  81. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Civic TCR

And tucked away in the corner...
  82. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Civic TCR

At last get see this
  83. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Civic TCR

Front view
  84. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Civic TCR

Guess I must’ve got lost so parked it in an empty space ;)
  85. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Civic TCR

Found parked at Honda Welcome Plaza in Aoyama. :D Enjoy
  86. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Quality issues

Is it just me or is the gearbox on the EP3 a better gearbox?
  87. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Alcantara Cleaning Care and premature balding prevention suggestions...

http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/race-glaze/race-glaze-alcantara-leather-cleaner/ Use this as cleaner
  88. Flaky_Bandit

I have the opinion that this individual believes that the cost to change is much much smaller and especially as he doesn’t think his car is only worth £16k and to be honest this is not an uncommon thought process. Most people think what they own is worth more than what people are prepared to...
  89. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Goodbye my beloved black edition :'( , hello FK8

Agreed got a couple...one for each key
  90. Flaky_Bandit

Does it really matter? Just get a deal that suits you irrespective. What’s right for one may not be right for someone else. As I said I paid cash for mine as I didn’t see the point of paying £3k extra on pcp over its term but that’s not to say the pcp option is the wrong one.
  91. Flaky_Bandit

The ‘amazing deals’ are only amazing at time of the deal. The later in the model cycle the ‘better’ the deals usually become.
  92. Flaky_Bandit

I paid cash for mine and plan to keep it full stop. ;)
  93. Flaky_Bandit

Someone called?? :D
  94. Flaky_Bandit

Oh...:smt102:lol:
  95. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Must have accessories?

Did you go for the door sills also?
  96. Flaky_Bandit

Damn ](*,) I meant £300 no voluntary excess :D
  97. Flaky_Bandit

I don’t think so. You can have zero voluntary excess but there will be some compulsory element on some claims. I’m paying just under £300 with no compulsory excess through Admiral.
  98. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Wind deflectors

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz6bx5eqNw8 Try this
  99. Flaky_Bandit

FK8 Wind deflectors

Seems easy. There was a YouTube video somewhere showing this. I’ll find it for you tonight
Back