• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. K

Door lock actuator and keyless entry

Hello, whats the second connector for the door lock actuator using 3 pins on the ep3 type r? Why do some models not have it? It works fine connecting only the 2 pin connector. Also seeking help why key fob keeps forgetting programming every few hours. Should I change the receiver unit or perhaps...
  2. K

Common Civic Faults

Some wheel offsets cause knocking on the rear left (and right?) side when turning with steering wheel fully to either side, cause theres some reinforcement bar there. Its fixed by spacers or different wheels.
  3. K

Front lower chassis brace

Okay, ill wait for someone who knows a bit more of them to answer. It might be just to add a bit of rigidity to the chassis since its a type r. Many cars have no brace in the basic model but a brace in a "R" version.
  4. K

Unfortunately, I couldnt find anything on it. The handling seems the same to me, is there any other reason the bar should be there? Why cannot it be replaced with a strut tower bar?
  5. K

Hello, im wondering if the front lower chassis brace located behind the engine has any significant effect on handling. Mine has rusted in half and I cant find a new one for it. Maybe installing a strut tower brace has the same effect?
  6. K

Civic type r ep3 temperature control (not blowing heat)

Yeah, the valve appears to be stiff. The cable pulls it to cold but doesnt have enough force to push the valve back to warm.
  7. K

This will help alot, thanks. You said there are 2 cables going to the temp switch, I only saw one behind the centre console after I opened it the first time. Should there be 2?
  8. K

Hello. Before my temperature control switch has been stiff when going far red or far blue. One morning I turned it all the way red, and heard a small snap inside. I opened center console and the wire seems fine and moves. The switch feels loose now though when turning to red and stiff when to...
Back