• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. allycooke

Extended Warranty

is it a keeper?, if you think there's a chance you might sell in the time to extend your warranty be aware it's not refundable after the initial 14-day (IIRC) cooling off period. it's possible to have the warranty transferred to any new owner (with your permission) so you'll need to factor that...
  2. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

dealer said mine will take some time to sell, but someone will come along likely in the spring as the prospect of warmer days/sticky tyres returns. The new Type R might be in really limited numbers for the UK market by the time it eventually arrives in 2023 and even have a price tag similar to...
  3. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

my old one is here; https://www.johnbanks.co.uk/used-vehicle-details/used-honda-civic-20-vtec-turbo-type-r-gt-5dr-hatchback-white-manual-petrol/id-4053596117798374232/ has the 5 year servicing pack with 2 more to go, and I had paid for the honda extended warranty for 3 years just a few months...
  4. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

I know I shouldn't keep looking but I received an updated WBAC quote for my now sold FK8, the price has softened (reduced by 3k in value) - I wonder if this in part due to the new CTR being formally announced, or maybe the fuel crisis has a slight trend away from ICE cars in favour of EVs?
  5. allycooke

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

where is it planned to be built? given the UK was only given a small amount of LE cars (40 units) I wonder if the primary markets will be seen to be just USA/JAPAN and LHD Europe?
  6. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

and just like that it's gone. never again will I suspect I'll get paid money just to own and drive a modern car around for 20,000 miles over 3 years and be quids in. I feel a little empty, but heck the wedge in the bank balance and the non-FK8 friendly winter salt and pot holes fast...
  7. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

Mine is going tomorrow. If anyone is after 2 unmarked OEM 20"'s with Continental Tyres for pothole/puncture/kerbing insurance let me know. Also have a set of OEM FK8 Winter Wheels with Continental Winter Contact Rubber as well. Please PM me. I'll stick 'em on the bay in a couple of weeks...
  8. allycooke

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

went with the wife to local BMW Mini dealer the other weekend, all the cars *inside* their posh showroom were pre-registered / used car stock as all the brand new cars had gone to Customers. They were quoting a 6 month wait on a new car due to the chip-shortage, they'd never seen these type of...
  9. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

PS: my 20kms June 2018 car is up to £29, 845 now.
  10. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

if nothing else it might be worth seeing (as I'd be interested) how close WBAC are willing to come to their actual offer price when they are stood in front of it. I've heard the perception is the phone app offer is rarely matched when they start nit picking. if it was me and the phone app...
  11. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

I'm pondering whether to chop mine in while the residuals are this good and then keep the money back for the Emira.
  12. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

with no more new FK8s being built, and dealers adding a markup on the last remaining it's now a classic case of demand outstripping supply I guess until more is known / heard about the next gen in terms of price, spec, performance and availability there will always be those with money sat...
  13. allycooke

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

2018, CW FK8 with 19k miles. WBAC offering me £28,230 !!! Phil Schofield has gone mad :) but then I saw a LE up for £88k on Pistonheads, earlier.
  14. allycooke

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

When I had my ex-demo FK8 rejected, I was aware that Honda UK would sell the dealer another brand new FK8 at a much discounted rate so that I could be offered a new car at less than list price by way of compensation to the whole long-drawn out issue. There was some heavy discounting from the...
  15. allycooke

It's a tricky one given the strong pricing on new/nearly-new cars right now. I can see the dealer is thinking it's better to give you your money back, they can then fix the car and then put it on the forecourt at £40k. Fixing your car (and letting you keep it) hurts the dealers back-pocket...
  16. allycooke

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

US also get 10 less BHP, oh and a steering wheel on the wrong side of the car. :) don't they also get a automatic driver side dipping wing mirror when reversing or did I dream that up?
  17. allycooke

yep, within 30 days of purchase you are quite within your rights to reject the car and ask for a full refund. make sure you formally serve them this notice (in writing) and they don't give you the leave it with us for a few days and we'll put it right excuse because after 30 days you are...
  18. allycooke

FK8 My Honda App (& Tracker) - gone by 30th June 2021

Hi all, Just receieved a SMS and seen via the MyHonda App that the service is to be terminated on 30th June and refunds issued to anyone who paid to extend the license subscription. Bit annoyed a) to only get 13 days notice and b) to lose the track/trace ability for my car that I thought was a...
  19. allycooke

FK8 Fuel pump recall

yep, although you'll end up with a stinky finger :) (garages round here never seem to have those disposable gloves). for me it's always sods law that it's happens worst when I'm suited up for work or a night out that I get sprayed!
  20. allycooke

FK8 Fuel pump recall

I once ran mine with just 2 miles in the tank, but that was squeaky bum time enough for me. would be interested to know how much longer any folks have managed to run with 0 miles displayed on the dash. I've also found the lower the fuel level the bigger the "whoosh" when you stick the nozzle...
  21. allycooke

hmmm.... time to do some man maths. thanks Matt, may PM you. ;)
  22. allycooke

ooh that's a very tempting idea re: the emira, did you do this via a dealer or factory direct?
  23. allycooke

yes mate, not skipped a beat this one. sat here wondering about upgrades or keeping everything stock as these cars are certainly holding their value. seems you'll need around 26k to buy a similar age/mileage car these days.
  24. allycooke

Mine's in for it's annual service tomorrow, sure the oil will be clean as it's only racked up 2800 miles since the last service with just under 18k miles on the clock. Also she'll be 3 years old in a little over a months time, so ready for it's first MOT. I assume these don't come chucked in...
  25. allycooke

FK8 Battery Charging

ooh didn't know that would work, I had to replace the battery in the keyfob yesterday and found it had lost association with the car. So followed a google procedure that involved getting in the car with both keys, and then within 5 seconds of pressing the ingition button (but not actually...
  26. allycooke

FK8 Which FK8 - Pre-Facelift vs Facelift?

Hi Jack, not sure if it really helps answer your question as I've not even seen a facelift model let alone sat in or driven one but I wouldn't pay £10k to swap my 17k miles 2018 FK8 with a new 2020/2021 model. as you say it would be a lot to pay for a new gear shifter, steering wheel and some...
  27. allycooke

XenForo issues and tracker thread

that makes sense, thanks. I knew I'd be missing something daft, just found the filter function and balance is restored :)
  28. allycooke

XenForo issues and tracker thread

Hi Chris, good to see us back, I was missing my daily TRO forum fix......might be me being daft and still getting used to the new layout etc. but have we lost the sub-forums categories under "The Red H" i.e. no separate sections for FK8 / FK2 / EP3 etc, etc. Cheers, Al
  29. allycooke

a friend fell foul of this with a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta being sold by a main dealer for his missus. it was marked up at £7995 with an option of £1000 trade-in. His wife loved the car/wanted it. They didn't have a car to trade-in but he was happy to just cough -up the £7995 sticker price...
  30. allycooke

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

true. talk about all dressed up (for the weather) and nowhere to go. I guess that's it: we all feel like grounded teenagers. :) might have to dig the OEM 20s out and give them a good clean / polish next weekend. :)
  31. allycooke

FK8 Making a fk8 more subtle

different wheels (and michelins) too on that PPM Sport Line?
  32. allycooke

thanks all, seeing you're all feeling my pain has made me much better. I took the opportunity on Sunday to spend 3 hours cleaning and while it didn't involve a celebratory long drive afterwards (just a short blip to clean/dry the brake discs) it was nice to just give the girl (Heidi the Honda)...
  33. allycooke

just wondered is anyone else feeling a tad sad they've got this wonderful car outside and no real opportunity to drive it. worse now seeing the bad weather, snow etc. and knowning those wheels nuts will be getting rustier by the day. I'm starting to wonder if I need to put it in dry storage...
  34. allycooke

I checked mine when I put the winter wheels on, but pleased to report my June 2018 car calipers are still looking good. that said they were Ceramic coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra which I assume has only helped. Also when using wheel cleaner (AF Iron out is my preference) I never...
  35. allycooke

EP3 Engine Management Light came on

yep, when my original FK8 was having major surgery on the gearbox, they said prior to Honda authorising the labour on the work that Honda wanted a full download of all 11 ECUs that exist on the car. so no wonder why they might be slightly prone to the odd technical brainfart when starting up...
  36. allycooke

TAKE YOUR FAMILY ON TRACK THIS JANUARY WITH DRIVE! BRANDS HATCH

and do stay out of the gravel, as there's no (easy accessible) front towing point...just a thought I'm surprised they didn't offer / develop this for the track-focussed LE?
  37. allycooke

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

means you got an even better deal then, often a lot of dealers will go the extra (discount) mile if they (honda) are also getting the finance package in-house. nicely played sir.
  38. allycooke

or they kerbed the wheels getting it off the transporter and couldn't find an easy way to replicate the red pin stripe so got the rattle can out? :lol:
  39. allycooke

EP3 Engine Management Light came on

low battery? I seem to recall mine did something similar once when it had been parked up for a few weeks (thanks Covid) and was a bit down on power. I recall was some very strange sounds as it tried to fire, failed. been doing loads of short journeys with all lights and heaters / windows on etc?.
  40. allycooke

What did you do to your Type R today?

I could tell her it's only a haircut but she's not had one since march and is now starting to resemble Cousin It from the Adams family :)
  41. allycooke

Wife off for a haircut later, she asks if I can take her in the Honda as she doesn't want to drive the Cooper in the snow. chance to give those winter contacts a test. (look away now)
  42. allycooke

...and the seat covers right Fan? I'm starting to wonder if do you put on full PPE before getting in? :lol:
  43. allycooke

yep I can see a double whammy, all too easy to keep sneaking a penny or two on petrol/diesel as well as the road tax (VED) creeping up. bit like the Green tax contribution on Gas/Leccy, next it will be sold as a Green investment surcharge on fossil fuels. ....and all this without considering...
  44. allycooke

let's see what the Type R is like, but this is all a bit meh, just looks like any other Saloon (A4, BMW 3 series, Alfa Guilia) in styling with a Honda badge. Even the minimalist interior is a yawn fest but all cars seem to be going the Tesla route with some kinda of big touch screen display...
  45. allycooke

EP3 FK8 Inbound

or maybe the window of opportunity was missed due to Covid-19 for Honda to get a day set aside for a full lap attempt. they would've wanted almost perfect conditions (cool temps) and the track was shut most of the time from March to June/July. but I tend to agree with you fan, unless they...
  46. allycooke

EP3 FK8 Inbound

of course the real question is when are you going to take it to the ring to post a <7:40 lap-time to win back the FWD crown from that £70k frenchy car with plastic windows :lol:
  47. allycooke

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

much better :smt023
  48. allycooke

yeah I did wonder if it was a trick of the camera with the rear plate, it did look massive in your pics. the K&N does increase "very slightly" the sound of the standard BOV in the cabin, but you need to be sat in the passenger seat and have the radio off to fully appreciate it. plus you can't...
  49. allycooke

EP3 Tyre Trouble & Jacks

or two spares in my case, which dotty also sold me. I think I better check they weren't knocked off using a 3D printer :) :lol: 10 wheels for my FK8 and I'm thinking now about a track set ;)
  50. allycooke

thanks to Rich H (Ruxpin) for letting me get my hands on these last winter, and what better excuse than a wash-out half-term week to put them on. Honda OEM winter wheels wearing Continental WinterContact 235/40/18. wears the 18" rims well I think. Now I'm wondering if I need to paint...
  51. allycooke

is there much of saving to be had if you can do it yourself (I have access to a ramp) but wondering about the electronic gubbins with the sound controller? for someone with only just about enough knowledge to wire a plug and change a light fitting would I struggle? I did fit RickHondaR's...
  52. allycooke

EP3 Boost Blue

great news chap, see as mother always told us, ....the best things come to those who wait! :) a few less sleeps now
  53. allycooke

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

I actually owned and paid good amount of hard-earned at the time on a MG Maestro 2.0i in BRG and fitted a Janspeed exhaust. even looking back now, it still was a horrible car but I used to think I was the muts nuts. :lol:
  54. allycooke

EP3 Cookie's FK8 Tale of Woe - 4th gear lockout and popout

if it's under 30 days old? and they can't see you until the end of the month, I'd mention your consumer rights to reject the car (that should speed things up a bit). that said, when I jumped from my first but rejected FK8 with it's rebuilt gearbox and 10k miles into my replacement brand new 9...
  55. allycooke

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

yeah, I'm the same Comfort is my town and parking up to arrival mode. rest of the time it's Sport and R+ when the girls are not in the car. ;)
  56. allycooke

EP3 Boost Blue

right decision, getting the right car is worth the wait, anything else and you'll be kicking yourself. also you can say it's a 2021 car and not a late 2020 :)
  57. allycooke

Fan - you'll be pleased to hear there's a rumour (from in-the-know Jason :lol:) Honda are rumoured to be at the Ring ready to wipe the smile off Renault's face. I'm there next weekend (in the Lotus this time), will keep you all briefed if I see a yellow FK8 milling about :)
  58. allycooke

future classic?, maybe seen as one of last of the truly great petrol only hatchbacks before everything ends up electric? Dotty - you getting a Limited Edition in Yellow ? :lol:
  59. allycooke

FK8 Going stage 2 - thoughts?

here it is; https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?103747-Cookie-s-FK8-Tale-of-Woe-4th-gear-lockout-and-popout&highlight=tale grab a comfy chair and a hot drink when you sit down...it's a bit of a war & peace story
  60. allycooke

FK8 Stones. Again!

..yes, but how many more miles did the car have on it when you went back to collect :lol: all good and joking apart great to hear of good service, to be applauded
  61. allycooke

yeah - I went for front bumper, bonnet, wing mirrors and rear quarter / sills, and DYEC did a custom job (as no 3M pre-cut part exists) for the rear tailgate so when I'm lifting things in/out of the car the rear bumper has a bit of extra protection. you can only go so far as it's not cheap, and...
  62. allycooke

while I had Gtechniq Ceramic Crystal Serum Ultra on my new FK8, my original FK8 (R-03344) (see video here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBUW6-bn7fE and pics below had the ENREI KAMIKAZE coating....did a brilliant job taking the swirls out of the gloss back trim. see pics #2 and #3 below...
  63. allycooke

FK8 Second service tomorrow .... should anything need replaced?

mine needed rear pads on the 2nd service (edit: at 15k miles), said the originals had started to crumble on the edges, sign of them getting somewhat hot. hmm... was told the car uses a tad of the rear brake for stability and also to stop the nose pitching forward and downwards too much, hence...
  64. allycooke

learned something new today (maybe I'm just slow to the game). Car was B serviced back in May, I've only done 350 miles since (massive shame, thanks Covid!) but thought I'd check yesterday if the indicator for the next A service had figured out how many miles I could travel before it needed to...
  65. allycooke

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

probably waiting for cooler autumnal temperatures before a max attack ring attempt. oh hang on this one has improved cooling doesn't it....so get out there now Honda it might be sweaty betty but what better a headline grabber than "FK8 smashes the Ring FWD record on a proper HOT lap". :lol:
  66. allycooke

wonder if they'll take my current OEM wheels and offer me £500 trade-in....per wheel ;-)
  67. allycooke

FK8 Parking sensor in the rain

I've heard the replacement panel to fix the rain sensor issue ain't much cop either. the black plastic isn't quite as nice quality/glossy as the original. think I'll live with it. Also, the car stops complaining about it once you get over 15mph as it's only the front parking sensor....not the...
  68. allycooke

take it out, saves weight and you can pretend you have a limited edition version ;)
  69. allycooke

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

OCD alert - please check the placement of the H center cap and locking wheel nut on the fitting ;-) edit: and I'm surprised Fan didn't spot this before me.
  70. allycooke

had my B service last weeks at John Banks Cambridge. Spot on service as usual, they are taking both Renault and Honda Customers through a single service area, no waiting (as you'd expect). They put on my new Continentals SP6 and advised new rear brake pads which they are seeing as common for...
  71. allycooke

Got 4 new tyres from Camskill. OEM Conti's (without the lip, wish me luck). £180 each inc vat. Being fitted this week by Honda along with the B service. don't laugh too hard but I'm on 15,000 miles between 6 tyres (I had rotated the wheels initially and then swapped the fronts over with a...
  72. allycooke

mine reopens on the 11th, I'm booked in for the "B" service on 27th (still got 1800 miles says the dash but the 12 months is up on May 8th). dealer already has photos up on Facebook showing how the sales showroom will be setup to maintain social distancing.
  73. allycooke

I like the Android Auto display now the Album Cover Image displays on the dash :) but agree it's the Turbo when I'm on a mission or fuel economy when the girls are in the car and we're on a drive to the coast.....which I have very distant memories about doing these days.
  74. allycooke

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

15k, still on original tyres let alone needing to change discs and pads....guess I must try harder. at this rate the honda will be out of lockdown on the winter wheels that Ruxspin kindly flogged me.
  75. allycooke

do you mean why does one side have cut out holes in the honeycomb while the other doesn't? it's because some bureaucrats decided the horn could not be hidden/heard so holes were put on that side only. go figure, I would've done both and saved some weight, increased some air into the engine bay...
  76. allycooke

ok then Fan.....a gratitious chance to post my Nurburgring lap from back in May 2019. #disclaimer, I'm definitely no driving god, more than chuffed with a 9:24. and there's some good passenger side commentary/banter including the over-use of the word "flat" (out). sit back and enjoy while I...
  77. allycooke

awww man that sucks big time. hopefully the date of first registration for you will be set when we all come out of this nastiness. I can imagine quite a few cars with a 2019 build/2020 delivery/2021 registration date will need to be explained as a Covid19 date-foo issue. makes you wonder...
  78. allycooke

same....logged onto the Honda app to check when I last drove her, almost 3 weeks now. might have to order a trickle charger for the battery at this rate.
  79. allycooke

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

nurgburgring closure also means they can't be out chasing the Megane Trophy time in the new track edition either, unless the did it already and waiting to reveal the footage.
  80. allycooke

yep, and do the reset 3 times over to force a full recalibration to occur. you should then also plan a short 20-30 minute drive afterwards to allow the ECU to learn the new rotational properties of the new tyres.
  81. allycooke

FK8 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

yeah same, mine presents a blank screen on startup saying it's not found the Android phone - der, it's because I haven't connected the damn thing.... ideally it would look first for the Android phone and then and only then default to the home screen or DAB preset 1.
  82. allycooke

look like 19" rims yeah on MSPS4 rubber if I'm not mistaken too. does it still have a Type R badge if it's a Sportline? (Type S?)
  83. allycooke

no pics on my CW just yet....I'm sure Rich won't mind but here's pics of his SGP with the 18" on. I don't think 18's look that lost in the wheel arches https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?104234-Winter-tyres
  84. allycooke

I got some 18"s too though mine are OEM FK8 type with Winter rubber - thanks Ruxpin! :D now I'm secretly praying for a blast of artic weather to go test them out properly ;)
  85. allycooke

Fk8 nicked

eyes peeled - guess it's not possible he had Honda Tracker and App enabled?
  86. allycooke

FK8 FK8 Pop up hood sensors

looking at this Civic SR on Copart it looks like it also has the Pyros by the way the bonnet is sitting. https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/27273700
  87. allycooke

Fan - I'm thinking to do the same and switch to Michelins PS4S, I just swapped the front tyres for the spare 2 wheels I had acquired from Dotty. amazingly I had managed 13k miles on the original set of Contis and this included a trip to the Ring and about 6 laps ;-) pleased to say the inside...
  88. allycooke

FK8 FK8 Pop up hood sensors

not sure as it might be the case the OP has bought an accident damaged car and is repairing it? or maybe this bit of prang with a flying object is something they don't want to go through insurance and bump up the premium?
  89. allycooke

as with the others, it is a big car being ~5m long and ~2m wide, but then have you seen the size of a mini, fiesta, polo these days?? but you won't mind that extra space when you need to load it up for trips away. couple of related points, it doesn't really easily fit in my garage, unless I...
  90. allycooke

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

yep, and remember if Honda wanted to get really into it, they will ask the dealer to pull a full-data download from all of the car (11, yes eleven) computers that control various elements. This is what Honda UK insisted upon before agreeing to cough up on the parts + labour cost to rebuild my...
  91. allycooke

FK2 Tailgate trim removal

Honda replaced the rear "H" badge on my FK8 (under warranty) and seems they didn't learn from their design mistakes on the latest model either as the inside part of rear light cluster needed to come out to access the upper metal trim part of the tail gate to get at the clips behind the badge...
  92. allycooke

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

it's the wash and vac that (also) worries me - I remember seeing someones car being washed at a Honda dealership with a yard brush if I'm not mistaken :) although I'm sure being a welsh dealership they should insist on lambswool mitts for the buff up :lol: :sheep:
  93. allycooke

yeah, so great the audio system plays the Crazy frog sound when you're in +R mode :) think I'll stick to lowering the rear seats to improve the exhaust sound inside the cabin.
  94. allycooke

surprised they went for "another" blue when so many people were placing bets on Phoenix Yellow.
  95. allycooke

I'm surprised they didn't showcase the new Boost(?) blue colour on the stand, or are they accepting the CW is the most popular colour? maybe Honda should offer the front-end facelift under warranty for existing owners having problems with the rain sensors. (yeah fat chance of that happening) :lol:
  96. allycooke

FK8 Touch-up paints

^ this. I got a caught out by a poor aligned piece of kerb (it had come away from the footpath) and a quick emery board from the wife's make-up kit (when she's not looking) and a dab of halfords black gloss touch up did the job a treat. for the win, go for a black nail polish which I think...
  97. allycooke

FK8 Front tyres - only 6k and done?!

yes......in my dreams ;-)
  98. allycooke

FK8 Front tyres - only 6k and done?!

while we should all really get the geo checked at the same time as well to ensure the future tyre wear is even (or in the case of the standard CTR setup to be slightly susceptible to wearing the inner shoulders) unfortunately not all dealers have the tracking machines to handle wheel rims larger...
  99. allycooke

wrong on so many levels - maybe the prev. owner was sponsored by Autoglass?
Back