• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Wilmo

FN2 spoiler fitting to std MK8

I seem to remember seeing a post some time back where the poster included instructions and a fitting template with dimensions and drilling positions to do this. Can anyone remember who, what. where etc. Cheers
  2. Wilmo

FN2 Lovely motor

Seen this on autotrader - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011045787302?transmission=Manual&postcode=bn212jz&model=CIVIC&advertising-location=at_cars&fuel-type=Petrol&sort=distance&price-to=15000&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly...
  3. Wilmo

FN2 Aux belt

If you were changing the aux belt would you buy genuine Honda at £50+ or go for Meyle, Blueprint, Gates etc at less than 1/2 of that?
  4. Wilmo

Driver's seat

The driver's seat pad on my 2011 FN2, 53k miles, appears to have a white look to it. The passenger seat is a nice even red. I have tried to clean it with woolite, autogylm interior cleaner, plain water, but no change. It looks good after it has dried but once I have sat on it few times the...
  5. Wilmo

Tyre choice FN2

Looking forward to replacing all 4 on the FN2 in the near future. Have AS3 Goodyears at the moment. Thinking new GY AS5, Mich PS4 or Uniroyal RS3 - all within about £20 for a set of 4 from Blackcircles. Cast your votes please
  6. Wilmo

FN2 rear ARB bush

Got one of these fitted: https://www.driftworks.com/hardrace-civic-07-fn2-rear-reinforced-stabilizer-bushing-1pcs-set.html Original at 47k miles had all the resistance of a jelly baby. Haven't done any miles yet but getting back from garage it felt like the usual bumps I go over were less...
  7. Wilmo

Tyre choice FN2

Coming up for change of tyres soon. Currently running AS3 but these now seem to have been superseded by the AS5 with the usual price increase and no discounts(?). Don't suppose anyone has tried these yet? Michelin PS4 are at discount on Blackcircles but I am not ready to buy - sod's law...
  8. Wilmo

Water in me spoiler?

I have noticed that after washing the FN2 I can hear water sloshing about in the tailgate. It appears to be in the spoiler particularly on the passenger side. There is no sign of water in the light units. I assume that the foam seal is letting it in and it does not appear to be coming out...
  9. Wilmo

Bonnet struts

Probably digging up an old thread here but............ Trying to source bonnet struts for a 2011 FN2. It's a nice mod that is not much money. Nobody in UK on ebay has any stock and I am wary of buying direct from the Jap/Malaysian sellers that do appear. There are some pricey NRG ones...
  10. Wilmo

FN2 bushes

This has nothing to do with Januhairy! I am looking at replacing the suspension bushes with poly ones for road use only. My FN2 has only 45k miles on but I want to get ahead of the game while funds are available and also put Meyle HD drop links in as well. I can see 3 main suppliers...
  11. Wilmo

Won't start on first push FN2

I know there is a possible issue with the flywheel on the early FN2 CTR but hope my 11 reg has not got it too (good job I have used approved warranty just in case). About twice a month it fails to start on the first push of the button but fires perfectly on the second with no delay - seems to...
  12. Wilmo

Type R stickers

I have splashed out on genuine Honda side decals for when I get the paintwork sorted out. The instructions say use "neutral detergent" to wet them while fitting. What is neutral detergent, it seems odd to spray water over adhesive stickers?
  13. Wilmo

Baby gets mopped

Here some pictures after my son gave the CTR a bit of TLC with his mop. Got the vast majority of swirls out and it will do fine until I get the paint re-done.:D
  14. Wilmo

FN2 Foot well lighting

Had a surprise on Friday night -after 9 months of ownership, drove it in the dark and found out I have foot well lights in the FN2 GT! Just 1 small red light in the panel under the glove box and same under the steering column. It's an 11 reg and was ex-Honda demonstrator, was this an optional...
  15. Wilmo

Wilmo's FN2

Finally got all the external stuff done to my baby so I can share photos. Just for info the TypeR badge on the front is not genuine Honda, I could not be bothered with the work involved to fit one so bought a cheap one from Ebay and there is just enough space for it on the grille, the side...
  16. Wilmo

FN2 brake choice

My FN2 is purely street and a daily driver so not into BBK or performance mods. The brakes are looking a bit corroded but work okay so looking for something sensible to replace them and add a bit of bling. So far the choices look like: MTec package deal @ £171 with Mintex pads, probably with...
  17. Wilmo

FN2 What's your MPG?

The answer might already be out there but here goes anyway. I didn't buy a CTR for it's fuel economy but am curious about what those owners running a totally stock set up are getting. My 2011 FN2 has 35,000 on the clock with a new standard air filter & I have only had the car just over a month...
Back