• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. LSzajmi

Looking for gauge recommendations that can be dimmed together with the dashboard

Hey everyone, I am planning to install Oil temp and pressure gauges in my FN2, but I have no prior experience with wiring them. I drive mainly at night and read that cheaper gauges with 2 backlight options (headlights on/off) have quite bright lights, I am looking for a dimmable option that...
  2. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3 Headlight Washers Don't Work

Hi all, I have a facelift EP3 with factory xenons and headlight washers. They have never worked for the 3 years of ownership of the car and I never needed them, but MOT laws have changed in my area, so now I gotta fix them to pass. I can't really find much info about how they work, could anyone...
  3. LSzajmi

EP3 Spongy brake pedal (bled multiple times)

Hi everyone, My brake pedal feels quite spongy, and cannot figure out what the reason could be (Facelift EP3). Symptoms: - When the engine is stopped, the pedal has a slight, but noticeable spongy feel - When I start the engine, the pedal sinks halfway down and becomes really spongy (it...
  4. LSzajmi

EP3 Loose shifter mechanism EP3

Hi! I've had a loose shifter on my car for quite some time now, but after driving a mate's EP3, I really felt the difference in the tightness of the shifts and want to restore my car to the same level. I ordered a Revo short shifter in hopes that it would fix it, but the OEM one it...
  5. LSzajmi

Can the EP3 be made to pop like a modern car?

Hi all! I am aware that the EP3 is in no way comparable to most modern cars, however I am a beginner when it comes to exhausts and I'd like to understand the phenomenon of pops, and how to manipulate it, if possible. I've had the luck of experiencing several modern performance cars (mostly...
  6. LSzajmi

EP3 White smoke and misfire after IACV cleaning

Hi guys! I've just recently cleaned my IACV valve (be removing the Throttle body), with liberal use of intake cleaner. I started the car up, there was plenty of white smoke at the back, I thought it would quickly burn off the excess cleaner still in the system. A minute or so later the...
  7. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

Hi guys! I am a big noobie when it comes to wheels, so I'd like to ask your help so I could choose the best fit for my car: Currently my car is equipped with a set of very heavy aftermarkets for winter, but as spring is coming closer I'm in need of a new set of lighter (and better looking)...
  8. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3 aftermarket rear engine mount quality

Hi guys! After ordering the engine mount set from Mugen (only containing 3 mounts), I found 1 brand of on aftermarket rear engine mount at my local parts store, so I decided to give it a go. They assured me that it is correct for my car (even checked it by VIN code), but right after opening...
  9. LSzajmi

EP3 Trying to convert HIDs back to factory [facelift EP3]

Hi everyone! I am in a bit of a complex situation: My car failed its MOT, because it has HIDs installed (that's how I bought it), and no working headlight washers. For this reason, I wanted to convert it back to halogen bulbs, but looking at all the HID kits out there, I could not understand...
  10. LSzajmi

Alternator whine, only on rear speakers

Hi everyone! When I bought my EP3, it only had front speakers, so I went ahead and bought a pair for the back as well, but after I installed them I noticed significant alternator whine. The problem is definitely not with the amp or the head unit, since the whining doesn't go away when I...
  11. LSzajmi

EP3 Jerking at steady throttle and acceleration - O2 sensor?

Hi everyone, A couple of weeks ago I have experienced weird jerking of the car (when accelerating and at steady throttle as well), then the CEL came on with a P0135 (Primary O2 sensor) code. I cleared the code to see if it would come back on, but it didn't, and the car started running fine...
  12. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for OEM Air Intake EP3

Hey guys! I am looking for an OEM air intake (all the piping from the throttle body, the whole casing) for my EP3, or OEM style aftermarket one (if it exists). My current aftermarket intake box started to show problems, but I do not have enough money for a Tegiwa carbon one yet, so I am...
  13. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for EP3 shifter assembly

Hello everyone! I bought my EP3 not so long ago, and after getting the essentials done, I am in the process of making my shifting feel better. My gear lever has a lot of play in it, because the plastic ball in the assembly is worn. I didn't necessarily want to install a short shifter, but if...
  14. LSzajmi

Changed wheels and tires, car pulls to either side randomly. What to do?

I have recently purchased an EP3, on which I put my other set of wheels with summer tires. After that, the car started pulling considerably randomly left or right, I have to forcefully keep it straight otherwise the car would steer into the other lanes. With the other set of wheels and winter...
  15. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3: Does the RHD axle fit LHD?

Hello everyone! I'm in a bit of a situation, I recently bought an EP3, and on the way home one of my axles broke (seems like rust gets these parts very bad), so now I'm looking for one, but I can't seem to find any in my area (Estonia). I found a Right Hand Drive parts car though, so I was...
  16. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for fog light cover

Hey everyone! I have a facelift EP3, and I'm looking for fog light covers. My fog lights are broken and I don't really want to replace them, since they are quite pricey and I never use them anyway, but I want the holes to be filled with something. Does anyone know where could I get some...
  17. LSzajmi

EP3 Found an EP3, need help with identifying problems

Hello everyone! Recently I went to test-drive an EP3 (facelift) in my area, and also took it to a pre-purchase inspection. The car has a lot of miles (300 000 kms), and some mods (ECU, carbon fiber hood, wing and intake, springs, exhaust), which I would've liked to do on it anyway. Most of...
Back