• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. veehexx

What did you do to your Type R today?

if it's the same as the FK2 1st gen remus, then instructions and wiring were straight forward. pretty much 12v feed from under the dash to the remus box-o-magic and connect the included wiring loom to the valve - job done. They even showed you where to poke it through the body between interior &...
  2. veehexx

EP3 Clutch delay valve removal?

i'd say oil to water cooler would be more expensive. ok, i'm looking at aftermarket options here, but i'd assume the price scales: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/oil-system/oil-coolers-and-oil-cooler-accessories/laminova-oil-cooler-for-motorsport. £230 for a cheap one, vs £56 for the...
  3. veehexx

EP3 Rear engine mounts

thing i found with the 70a is it stops wheel hop nicely on street tyres (upto ps4s's i think). i drive around the low-rpm vibration and dont even know it's fitted. it took 3-4 weeks (700mile) to settle down from new but thats normal run-in for most new goodies. tbh it was more of a secondary...
  4. veehexx

fk2 is hidden in plain view! - on the end of the 2x 'U' rubber hoses in the following picture. Certainly not the biggest cooler but probably ample for cooling things on the road. theres a opening on the undertray to direct some air to it but it's not up to much. the FK8 oil>water cooler sits...
  5. veehexx

not noticed much between the honda mtf3 and motul gear 300 fluid on track. With yet more brake cooling issues on my FK2 (5th? time lucky now!) i noticed the OEM cooler is a 4 row with simple barbed ends so should be pretty easy to replace with something bigger. Barb to -AN seems most likely...
  6. veehexx

edited original post. I guess it could be a mix of both. I forgot to take my temp gun last trackday to see what the gearbox temps are. 4th gear issues are always on the start/finish straight and never anywhere else at donington. I'm not sure if the LSD is working harder and adding enough heat...
  7. veehexx

I didnt notice any change with CDV removal. Acuity bushes helped a bit. Xtreme SMF clutch kit made the most difference for me and i've not had 2nd gear lockout since, although i am seeing shift issues (4th exclusively iirc) on track. I cant tell if it's heat or mount as the issue since i was...
  8. veehexx

EP3 Rear engine mounts

i've the hasport on my FK2R. 70A durometer. get one - well worth it. I'm not sure i'd go to 88A (iirc that was next firmness up) but i' can only compare between whatever the stock firmness is to the 70A. it's stopped wheel hop but has introduced some low RPM vibration. car doesnt like being...
  9. veehexx

FK2 FK2 general discussion

i had the same urge the other week. pretty much any costly trackday failure would've been the end of the FK2 for me. thankfully nothing failed but am seeing excessive wear on my girodiscs. Bought 'em aug'19, maybe had 6months of real use between track & road, and i'm down to 30.2mm already...
  10. veehexx

FK2 Track day birthday gift

i've never had any issue with tow stickers pointing to the front ones, and a tow eye on center rear point. been on multiple trackdays without issue.
  11. veehexx

minor but annoying fault has grown on mine - rear view mirror has decided to rattle at around 2-2.3k rpm. not sure if the lower engine stabiliser bar is the cause with more vibration as thats been fitted for over a year now. Not sure what i can do with that as i bet theres no adjustment to...
  12. veehexx

FK2 Climate control - dual zone issues

ignoring dual zone for a moment... heater intermittent heat? check you're not low on coolant!
  13. veehexx

with Coventry dealer ceased trading i'm looking for a new stealership. solihull would be closest. i'm in 2 minds whether to take the final 5th yr service, or just cough up and take it to TDI-North or Dream which'll be where i'm going for the 6th service. solihull is 45mins 1 way for me, so if i...
  14. veehexx

finally fixed my wonky steering wheel. since factory the wheel has been slightly left-hand down. car has been to honda twice, and 2 different independents (one of which is Center Gravity in Atherstone) and no fix even after revisits. i've been running my own tweaked setup to get the wheel...
  15. veehexx

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

i've said it once, i'll say it again... cup2's are minimum for track. ps4s might cope 8/10ths for 1-2 trackdays/yr but not the right rubber for anything more. cup2's not the best on cool wet road though (<10c). I've decided to run 19" OEM on £100-120 road tyres (any premium branded UHP tyre will...
  16. veehexx

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

fk8 has -2litre coolant from fk2!? that'll certainly not help. i wonder where they saved that quantity. fk2 spec says 6.6litre for coolant change. 4.6l on fk8 (https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/what-the-coolant-capacity-of-the-fk8.29871/post-500483) thats like 30% reduction!! while we do...
  17. veehexx

interesting that i dont see any coolant issues. i first started to see gearbox shift issues when i used cup2's. was more noticable with the AR1s the other month so appears to be tyre related. i assume it's because the tyres can handle more so the LSD is adding that bit more heat through corners...
  18. veehexx

i was changing the gearbox oil on my fk2 yesterday and it came to mind why did they change the fk8 to a water-based cooler? Honda wouldn't change for the sake of it after only 2 years, so has to be for cooling efficiency. 10-15mins on a test drive last night made the gearbox too hot to touch...
  19. veehexx

FK2 Front lower grille

bumper not too bad to remove. remove top plastic panel, remove 2 bolts to slam panel. 3 screws in each wheel arch & 1 clip (turn steering wheel 1/2 turn either way to get access to them). remove many plastic clips under the the front edge. there's 2 lengths so make sure you take note which go...
  20. veehexx

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

yeah, Donington opened up on 1st june, Javelin ran events from 2nd i believe. AR1's were phenomenal. nothing but praise from me there and i actually felt like the weak point in the car. very noisy on the road and don't grip well in the damp but that's to be expected for semi's. different...
  21. veehexx

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

ran cup2 on oem 19s on my fk2 - thats really the minimum tyre. didnt see any rollover issues and they faired far better than ps4s's. i'd say a max of 2 days for the outter edge of ps4s's before you've killed 'em. cup2's didnt show any problem on outter edge. cup2's also not an all-year tyre...
  22. veehexx

FK2 T valve mod

i'm on the belief it's a preventative measure for when the t-valve fails (which affects boost). i was planning to do it when i had the scuttle tray off for fitting oil catch can but couldnt get the bits in time so not bothered. worth doing/knowing about for when it fails or you have to go down...
  23. veehexx

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

has anyone gone back to CSC6's after factory fitment? read some did and the 2nd set sat better on the wheel without looking overly stretched. Sounds like they tweaked 'em slightly since factory fitment. what has the lifespan been on the 2nd set - around the typical 4k, or much longer? i'm...
  24. veehexx

FK2 Best semi slick tyres year 2020

cup2's performed brilliantly for me at donington. far better than ps4s's have done and i'd say cup2 is minimum for anything more than running 7/10ths on track. cup2's definately struggle in cooler&wet weather but thats expected. cup2's do wear quicker than ps4s's but your also going to be able...
  25. veehexx

no idea where 'rally' red came from either. not like honda are well know with rallies afaik. they focus on circuit racing - f1, WEC, various TC's, GT series... not that i did it today but a week before lockdown; prepped the FK2 for summer/track season - summer rubber on, girodiscs refitted, EBC...
  26. veehexx

FK2 P0203 – No 3 injector circuit malfunction

wiring loom replacement? was an issue on some early fk2's where one of the injector wires would pull out as they were slightly too short. glad to hear you got good will on that.
  27. veehexx

FK8 Oil catch can

worth it imo. i went for the misimoto compact baffled can and after 6 weeks (iirc): https://i.imgur.com/PCf65dk.jpg. better than some of it sticking to the back of the valves. i do need to re-secure mine at some point as the supplied screws have weaken and become loose so i'll also check how...
  28. veehexx

FK2 Phone Mount?

glad i'm not the only one with the garmin. i'm really debating what to do at yr5 once the updates expire... built-in is nice. not a fan of phone based satnavs, and a dedicated nav will never been there when i need it! i gave up trying to find a mount solution. Brodit do have one for the EU 9gen...
  29. veehexx

acuity pedal been on for a week and makes it real easy to healtoe. well worth it if thats how you drive! i'm using position B. does anyone know what the boiling point is of the coolant? i know we're at 1.3bar pressure cap, but i'm seeing mixed info online about boiling points. some say...
  30. veehexx

a suitable quality one for half? Went i was idly looking, it was more in the region of £120+. stop start rated and one of the branded ones; yuasa, bosch, panasonic... also, i'd recommend charging the battery every 3weeks if it's sat un-used. lead acid dont like being heavily discharged. at...
  31. veehexx

would've ended up in one most likely if it existed when i bought my fk2. I had the '18 jazz a courtesy car when mine was in for service and i did like it inside. better than i expected "for a jazz". aint a shadow on the fk2 but for what it is it did the job. would be just as suitable for me...
  32. veehexx

FK8 Modified clutch slave cylinder

didn't fix or change the feel at all on my FK2. from what i understand of it, it makes no sense why removing the delay valve would change gear shifts. CDV would have to be faulty by blocking flow or something to stop full disengagement of the clutch. its more believable that the clutch bleed...
  33. veehexx

no smells here. sure a hose or something hasn't popped off? kinda interested in that. £700 not to be sniffed. not sure what else i'd spend it on the car though. induction kit and remap have been on my mind recently (more idle passing curiosity). think i need to see how the car handles on track...
  34. veehexx

i like that HZ bonnet. very aggressive. wish they had a fitted FK2 example rather than just a loose bonnet. i used a place in Daventry - https://bodyguarduk.com/. 4years since i had it done and it's been perfect. i dont recall them doing coloured layers, just the clear PPE from what i saw in...
  35. veehexx

decided on colour? couple of favs (in no order) deep red: https://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2015/05/17/690107/7cdf584a0099cae66b5a2111ee66213e-700.jpg. i was hoping honda had such a colour when i bought, but alas the solid mid-red was all they did. keeping it honda; Imola Orange...
  36. veehexx

sure, pester me all you want. wish i had FK2 specific track experience from someone else when I was prepping. Not saying i've got it right and i'll openly admit i've disregarded (for lack of a better term) some recommendations from far more experienced people that could've made the journey...
  37. veehexx

seriously nothing to worry about. a few things to keep in mind... - everyone is out on track for the same reason; to enjoy themselves. no one likes to see cars roll or damaged plus it ends up in lengthy red flags so everyone is stuck waiting. - drive at your own pace and skills. they'll be fast...
  38. veehexx

FK2 rear wheel arch protectors

white shows the dirt anyway. I don't notice any dirt lines on BSB, but the car is that covered in crap atm it doesn't matter. hopefully change that this afternoon - it's weird it's not cold or wet so taking advantage of the break in weather!
  39. veehexx

you have to be looking for it to notice. the 3m stuff is no different that bodywork really. careful with pressure washers (don't point-blank the nozzle else it could lift the edges). mine gets claybar'd, polished & sealed along with the rest of the paintwork. looking through my old imgur...
  40. veehexx

fwiw i paid around £650 for the leading edge of rear arches, bumper, wings and bonnet. using 3m venturesheild. i think rear arches were around £75 on their own and i used that as the test before going full front end. the xpel stuff seemed to be more than the 3m and after 3.5-4years it's still...
  41. veehexx

PPF is the way to go. stopped it all for me, i just wish i had it done earlier.
  42. veehexx

FK2 Wheel nuts down to 19mm from 22mm

same as loxy - i run 19mm's in winter. will also be using same nuts&alloys for track too later this year.
  43. veehexx

FK2 Tailgate trim removal

tried a flexible grabber claw tool? iirc the boot skin plastic is a bit of a faff. from 2-3 years ago i remember removing interior trim (i think hinge side first, sides and then the main boot panel. remove the boot lid light clusters. I cant remember if there are any screws or clips around...
  44. veehexx

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

DSP unit is behind the plastic directly to the side of clutch pedal in the center of the car. premium audio was an option on non-GT, and standard on the GT. GT's are easily determined by the red strip across the front (although some add/remove it) and dual-zone heater which afaik was never on...
  45. veehexx

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

so much info in the past but none that i'd really trust and none of it has been backed up with any info. so many that did remap early on got rid of quickly. even basic stuff people are getting wrong like atmosphere vs recirc BOV's but you could tune that out with a remap. the amount of...
  46. veehexx

FK2 Should you trust your local Honda Dealership.

not difficult at all. disconnect wiring, 4 bolts to the floor, seatbelt anchor (iirc plastic cover needs to be pressed inwards and slid up) and out the seat comes. just going off my photo; all colour coded. being airbag, it's usually recommended to disconnect battery for 30mins before working on...
  47. veehexx

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

sub definately worth it but a pita to get added in to the standard system as theres no dedicated subout. DSP unit (if you have it on you model) might have sub out but i could never find a pinout for it to confirm. depends if you've a model with the DSP or not will depend if it's worth upgrade...
  48. veehexx

FK2 Blown Stereo in FK2

jeez, do they actually sell for £400?! even £2.4k new sounds stupidly priced when you consider a top end alpine or pioneer is £1500. not sure how a fuse would cause the symptoms unless theres something whacky with backfeeding through another circuit. given the weirdness of it, i'd pull the...
  49. veehexx

speaking of quirks, anyone get unsmooth cruise control when at around 40mph in 6th (around 1500rpm)? don't remember the car doing it when new and only happens with that combination as 40 in 5th is fine. car wants to fluctuate a bit going on&off power rather than keeping it smooth/consistent. no...
  50. veehexx

dont start with that love/hate stuff. i'm in a love stage. dont want no talk that could change it :P ofc, MOT on wednesday so that could throw something unexpected. mine has been fine with auto lights although it's time that of year where the collision sensor is getting sun blinded and randomly...
  51. veehexx

FK2 Your experience of the FK2R as a track / daily

depending how you drive it on track will depend what you need. i'll assume your pushing it 10/10ths. brakes. fk2 weakness is brakes. i'm currently running girodisc 2peice, carbon lorraine pads (not road suitable; competition/track only), titanium shims and removed all brake shields. it's the...
  52. veehexx

FK8 FK8 overheating

and yet the FK2 has no issues in same conditions. either bumper causing lack of airflow, or theres a restriction in the coolant system. i mentioned it on a civicx thread about it being a thermostat problem but never saw an update if removing it made any difference. i thought i saw the yank...
  53. veehexx

FK2 aftermarket suspension

definately easier than suspension eh? :D
  54. veehexx

didnt think i'd hit the wall so quick with it tbh. i did read other experiences with running dual duty cars before deciding to buy the FK2. TD1.3 8.5x18's bought at the weekend to run track rubber. I'll be swapping front pads between road and track.
  55. veehexx

exhaust is cock on. really cant fault it. Since it's a daily & track car, having the valve was the only way for me. quiet for commutes&long hauls. and a bit of noise when i fancy a weekend blast or on track. responder i leave in eco/green mode (vs sporty/race) as that gives a good improvement on...
  56. veehexx

you wont be disappointed. i think the remus is a re-badged version of the DTE. DTE have revised their design and as such have a newer version that has bluetooth if you care about that (https://www.chiptuning.com/uk/honda/civic-ix-fk-2012/2-0-i-vtec-type-r-310ps-228kw-1996ccm/pedalbox.html). tbh...
  57. veehexx

FK8 A few questions... Differences? Or am i stupid?

same wiper issue on the FK2. they're just eratic. would far prefer if 'auto' was 'adjustable intermittent' where you can change the delay on the adjustment ring.
  58. veehexx

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

new set of CL pads swapped out. see if these fare any better next year. Reseller said the glue is fine, it's the actual compound that's failed. old ones took about 1mm wear over the last 6 weeks so assuming all that is at track day then they should last a reasonable time. if not, then pagids...
  59. veehexx

yes yes, bring out your RSL29 hype drum :D CL's are now 2 piece :P i saw stuff like this but seemed to be old threads and not quiet enough to say it was a common issue. All the other 7 friction pads remain connected to the backing plate.Failure is the inner trailing side collecting a set of...
  60. veehexx

I've seen the same stories. waiting a reply from them anyway but it hasn't (yet) put me off the brand. they are what i want on track - soo consistent throughout the temp range you can always predict them. Something I didn't find on the pMu or PBS's, although that could be down to cooking 'em...
  61. veehexx

going through rethinking my daily+track car plan. with this weeks issues that have come to light tonight - reworking PCV tubing, track pads, tyre wear, im not sure what to do. PCV tubing; yep, my fault as i should've hose clamped 'em. while cheap and straight forward, it was unexpected work...
  62. veehexx

catch can is mounted to the slam panel just above clutch slave cylinder. not checked the catch can recently but i think after only 3-4 weeks it caught more than i expected. 10mile/day commute to work, cold engine/low revs: got the PCV pipework sorted tonight. 8mmID blue silicon hose with...
  63. veehexx

FK8 FK8 taking scalps...

i cant really fault the cup2's. definately getting them again if i decide to go road/track tyres. they do struggle a bit in cold&wet but i'd say thats quite normal for what they are. not a tyre you'd want anywhere near winter conditions though. cost is the biggest issue with cup2's tbh.
  64. veehexx

FK8 FK8 overheating

£700!? :smt033 didn't realise that style was a J's grill. love the badgeless look. being conditioned to the cost of the FK2R mods, £700 is cheap :D
  65. veehexx

FK2 Should you trust your local Honda Dealership.

i think they're clipped in, like a plastic channel that turns 180 on itself. picture of the base of seats when i did car audio stuff:
  66. veehexx

just back from donington, glad to say brakes are sorted! RC6e's were perfect. good feel, consistent & predicable and no fade. they don't look worn at all either. i really like these. Radiant heat or smell from brakes wasn't as bad as what it has been in the past; noticeably cooler. Wish brake...
  67. veehexx

FK2 genuine fk2 drivers side mat

i bought an aluminium plate from fleabay- along the lines of https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Quality-Aluminum-Alloy-Rubber-Car-Floor-Mat-Carpet-Thick-Heel-Plate-Pedal-1/153113305186?epid=22021755872&hash=item23a643a062:g:qlkAAOSwamBbWCf0 saw the heal issue after only a few weeks so did something...
  68. veehexx

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

direct fit to the typeR or some cutting needed?
  69. veehexx

with pads looking flaky white, i'm gonna say dust seals are cooked. brembo seal#: 20 4872 46. 8 total, around £10/ea. i'm running titanium shims in the hope it'll stop them cooking. They seem to get mixed opinions so i'll see how i get on with 'em first hand and not what some bloke in the...
  70. veehexx

£233 not too bad tbh for the seat cover. cant you strip and get it welded up? gotta be a mobile welder in your neck of the woods. might even be able to get a triangular piece welded in to strengthen it up too. i've looked at decent speced seats comparable to the typeR's - recline bucket thats...
  71. veehexx

are they undersized pads? hc800's and PBS i've used are both factory size. these CL RC6e's are purposely made undersized for heat expansion (-1.3mm for our shape). i've a suspicion with factory size pads, the heat is making 'em bind up and drag slightly. this track thing is a new world to me so...
  72. veehexx

cooking 'em on track arcam? out of interest, which ones you used? i've a theory but waiting to prove right/wrong on 14th when i'm back at donny
  73. veehexx

FK8 Screen backgrounds - What's yours?

mine is this: https://wallpapercave.com/w/xSu0uUI
  74. veehexx

FK2 Dawn raid

i weirdly had the same yesterday when i goofed up the m1/m6 junction and headed off right down the A14 to Silverstone for btcc (should've gone left to m1). The back roads were blissfully quiet, made some proper smooth progress and the odd car i did meet that thinks 45 in a 60 is ok, plenty of...
  75. veehexx

FK2 Oil under the engine

if they dont clean it, they can claim a leak so they can charge you £600 for a gearbox pull. i've a 'leak' on my engine... its when i spilt some after topping up from fitting the oil cooler. looks fresh, but been looking like that since i spilt it.
  76. veehexx

FK2 FK2-R Changing Gear Issues

been there, CDV made no difference for me. also goes hand in hand with a bleed, which i found the 2man method with locked nipple when down the way to get it bled. vacuum was useless and i don't have the kit for pressure. ... by all means, give it a go. it only costs a bit of time and a bleed so...
  77. veehexx

FK8 Wire Gauge Size

usually written on the wire (or at least it is when you actually buy it). failing that, watts/volts=amps, so you know what current wire you need.
  78. veehexx

FK8 Tshssssss (as in turbo noise)

thats where i am on fk2; k&n panel & remus. really hard to justify the cost of an induction kit.
  79. veehexx

@chris - out of interest, how are you finding the CT XP12's? was torn between the rc6e's and xp12's.
  80. veehexx

you're not the only one who's mentioned it. think i should be able to get the fk2 brake pressure gauge visible when i record the next even so i can be 100% sure I'm braking the way i think i am. Something that crossed my mind was these rc6e's are slightly undersized to handle heat expansion. I...
  81. veehexx

fk8 master cylinder to pedal connection is different to the FK2. we're fixed with no adjustment possible. if CMC was replaced on FK8 i'm almost sure that'll mean they need to re-adjust the pedal, and if the FK8 threads are correct it's the adjustment and not strictly the master cylinder. also...
  82. veehexx

with good reason (at least in my mind). 2 sets of pads rated for 800c, regardless of compound; both sets overheated. heat paint on the dba's both exceeded the red 630c marker so doesnt leave much overhead for pad temps. unless i can be convinced otherwise, I'm going with temps being my issue...
  83. veehexx

pads have ran themselves in on the discs; zinc plating gone and you cant tell anything was amiss. fitted my new CL RC6e pads at the weekend and they're in a different league than anything else i've used so far. grippy little buggers! their mu rating just doesn't relate to the PBS or pMu's i've...
  84. veehexx

replied to your PM, anomaly. tldr; imo it's a clutch engagement issue. gearbox is consequential.
  85. veehexx

while i havent had a response directly, the 'merican guy with same issue did get a response. from the fk8 track cars FB group: "Just talked to the guys at Giro. It’s a small amount of zinc plating that will wear off within a hundred miles or so. They indicated that certain other customers on...
  86. veehexx

was doing that through craners at donington the other month. t'was a riot!
  87. veehexx

labor day in USA, no reply from giro yet. maybe tomorrow/wednesday. PBS pads started to melt at donington, so thats heat issues on both pmu and pbs. Clear to me i'm exceeding 800c temps now. I didn't like the feel of the PBS's either as they felt a bit wooden, so i'll resign them to winter use...
  88. veehexx

using the car for it's intended purpose? good on ya!
  89. veehexx

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

but if the oil is going through the water cooler first, all the heat in the oil is going into coolant which (based on my own experience of the FK2) is likely the reason why theres so many coolant temp issues. do the mishi and hks include a bypass in their kits?
  90. veehexx

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

if thats true, why hasnt anyone removed the oil/water cooler and gone to a dedicated air oil cooler? i'm not aware the FK2 has the oil/water cooler and we've no water temp issues even if an oil cooler is well worth fitting for track use.
  91. veehexx

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

worth writing the wheel nut torque on there too; 127Nm. surprised they dont add that from factory.
  92. veehexx

yep, fired an email off to girodisc after a quick search for 'girodisc fk8' and this thread/picture appearing: https://www.civicx.com/threads/i-replaced-my-pads-and-my-rotors.14898/page-3#post-292378 machined surface runs right to the hat. personally, i cant see it causing an issue but we'll...
  93. veehexx

yep, you see correctly, although it seems to be ok. the inner pad sits 100% on the disc surface, and the disc surface is correctly matched to the pad size. i think what you see in the picture is actually ok and just a requirement of the machining process for the hat. i have queried it with...
  94. veehexx

girodisc order arrived yesterday and couldnt wait to fit... disc and shims fitted. hopefulyl discs will keep pads under 800c else that'll be another set of cooked pads & time to upgrade to XP12/20 to handle the heat. hopefully my next donington day will be dry..
  95. veehexx

FK8 Winter tyres

yep, wanted to run back to back. Nokians seem better 95% of the time, but bridgestones seemed grippier in the heavier snow. i'm running different front/rear in summer too including for trackdys (ps4s rear, cup2's front) and cant say i agree with those who make a big fuss about mismatched set. at...
  96. veehexx

FK8 Winter tyres

if that the video i think it is, thats whats making me consider all seasons. it's all well and good on an empty ski slope, but throw yourself into (for my commuting journey at least) city streets at rush hour with everyone else running summers, then you aint going no where.
  97. veehexx

FK8 Winter tyres

i'm going through this exact reason as to NOT go winter tyres when i need replacements. i'm very likely going for some sort of all seasons which all seem to be able to handle temps down to -7 to -10c which is about as extreme as we get it. winters noticeably fall off performance after ambient...
  98. veehexx

give it a few weeks before you decide it's definitely fixed it. had oil done in mine but problem re-occured a few weeks later after the 'shine' of the new oil was taken off.
  99. veehexx

FK8 FK8 speaker upgrade

i kept the HU, added a LOC and went with an amp powering an Audison slim 10" sub in the sub-floor boot area on my FK2. i assume you've similar room back there to fit something. it changed the "premium audio" on the GT. idiotic that honda didnt include or even accessory purchase a sub for the...
  100. veehexx

FK8 Braided Brake Lines.?

i'm currently running Dreams lines (rebranded hel, even come in a hel box) on my fk2 and no issue with fitment. From a feel/visual aspect equal to my goodridge clutch line and if they werent branded i'd say they were all from the same manufacturer. i've never had braided lines before so i dont...
Back