• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ewaaj

EP3 Rear Brake discs

I went for Pagid discs. They are cheap and they do the job really well. You’ll be able to pick them up cheap from euro car parts
  2. ewaaj

Timing chain kits

Replace with genuine Honda or don't replace at all
  3. ewaaj

Rusty chassis bar alongside the rack EP3

Honda have put it there for a reason, so I wouldn't remove it and leave it off.
  4. ewaaj

SN52WWF re-shell project

Wish I had another car and was able to do strip my car down and rebuild it. Hope everything goes to plan :cool:
  5. ewaaj

Steering improvements

Fast Road Set Up (FRSU) is getting the car properly aligned to suit your style of driving. Have a read of this thread. https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22184-Suspension-for-beginners
  6. ewaaj

Snapped lower rear shock bolt Ep3

I have Eibach springs to put on mine in the new year. I've got Bilstein shocks on the back that came on the car. Hoping that since the shocks have been out before I won't have any issues but I'm dreading it in case I do.
  7. ewaaj

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Most I've had from a full tank was 260 and the lowest was 130.
  8. ewaaj

Shell ultra helix any good?

This is what I use, as well as Activ8. Never had any problems. if you ever need any avoid actually going to Shell for it as 1L in shell is the same price as 5L from ebay.
  9. ewaaj

M2 intake manifold for ep3

@Norv, I'd be pretty chuffed with your results, well in.
  10. ewaaj

Graeme's EP3 Project

Was this for sale on FB market? Looks like the one that was on there because of the yellow bits. Good luck with your build:cool:
  11. ewaaj

Rusty chassis bar alongside the rack EP3

I should really have a look at mine, this thread has given me the fear
  12. ewaaj

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

Not really a an of FN2's but I really like this, fair play;)
  13. ewaaj

EP3 Spoon n1 with bung loud?

I'm sure the spoon bung drops the decibels by around 5, I think it will still be very loud, especially with an unsilenced b pipe.
  14. ewaaj

EP3 EP3 Pilot Bearing

Thanks for that, I’m able to get the work done myself however I’ll send him a message as surely he’ll know.
  15. ewaaj

EP3 EP3 Pilot Bearing

The bush is the only thing that I could find when looking for a bearing.Thanks for the reply:cool:
  16. ewaaj

EP3 EP3 Pilot Bearing

Going to be changing my clutch and flywheel and I am looking for a pilot bearing. I am only able to find the "pilot bushing" instead of the full bearing. Does anyone know where I can find one? Any links?
  17. ewaaj

Rear Camber Kit - DME or Hardrace?

Good choice of mods, Car should feel really good:cool:
  18. ewaaj

Rear Camber Kit - DME or Hardrace?

I'd go for Hardrace, just on the basis that I have bought from them before and think their products are great. Nothing against DME but they're just not a brand I've purchased anything from.
  19. ewaaj

EP3 Fujitsubo RM01A or Legalis R?

Thanks all, I'm going to go for the RM01A:cool:
  20. ewaaj

EP3 Fujitsubo RM01A or Legalis R?

Wanting to buy a Fujitsubo but stuck for choice between the RM01A and Legalis R. Is there any difference in the noise levels of these exhausts? At first I was aiming towards the Legalis R then decided I wanted the RM01A, now I’ve thought about it too much and I have no idea:(
  21. ewaaj

EP3 Mugen Twin Loop??

Was having a look on a Japanese action site, Croooober and came across these. https://www.croooober.com/en/item/cparts/00000110/Exhaust-Systems/10977512/Infinite-Twin-Loop-Muffler-Civic-EP3-K20A...
  22. ewaaj

54 plate ep3 alarm going off

This may help https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?103372-EP3-Facelift-alarm-problem I've also heard something about moisture getting in through the ariel on the roof and causing the alarm to be triggered.
  23. ewaaj

my type r premier edition

What diff do you have? Really like this car:cool: I like your scuttle as well, it's not something I have seen or though of before.
  24. ewaaj

Best brake pads on mtec discs

I use PBS pads and Pagid discs on my EP3. Brakes feel really good with this combination. The pads do squeal sometimes however this is normal. I think brakes are down to personal opinion and you could go through a few sets of discs and pads until you find a combination which suits you best.
  25. ewaaj

knob hat

I used one of the hats that you get on the innocent smoothies:cool:
  26. ewaaj

EP3 Eibach spring question + my jdm ep3

Eibach Pro-Kit - 15mm Eibach Sportline - 30mm I went for the Pro-kit. Not fitted them yet as I am too lazy:/
  27. ewaaj

New To The vtec World

I run Pilot Sport 4 on my Satin EP3 and I rate them highly:cool:
  28. ewaaj

Which clutch to get

the fun of owning an n/a Honda:cool:
  29. ewaaj

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

If I was you my next mod would be an LSD. This will transform the way your car handles. I'd be happy with the power that you have the now, especially considering you still have a cat.
  30. ewaaj

Coldy's DC2 Restoration

Hope everything goes well with the DC2, I am a really big fan of them:cool:
  31. ewaaj

2005 civic ep3 front fog lights needed

Andy that runs Integrastella is a really good guy. I bought a DC5 manifold and cat off of him and it came within 2 days. He even kept it a few days for me until I had the cash to buy it would recommend buying parts off of him.
  32. ewaaj

2005 civic ep3 front fog lights needed

His prices can be reasonable and he gets good stuff in. Bought from him before and would buy again :) You could also try Integrastella. https://www.integrastella.co.uk/
  33. ewaaj

K100

Yeh people are more likely to steal modern cars with keyless entry that can be stolen in seconds however for peace of mind I know if I never had an immobilizer I would have a kill switch wired just to be safe.
  34. ewaaj

K100

If you end up having no immobilizer I'd suggest wiring in a kill switch.
  35. ewaaj

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Fitted front drop links and front anti roll bar polybushes to today. Now looking at buying a DC5 cat and a Fujitsubo Legalis R.
  36. ewaaj

EP3 Finally got the bad news today

Is there anything wrong with the car? I’d be getting it undersealed now that it’s been sorted. Glad you have your car back on the road though.:cool:
  37. ewaaj

Ahh fair enough I understand now.
  38. ewaaj

Find a shell that's still registered, swap the parts, make it road legal (mot/tax) ? Essentially like buying another car?
  39. ewaaj

I'd think that finding a shell won't be very hard or expensive. You could get a quote for repairing your shell and compare it to how much it will be getting a new shell and swapping everything over.
  40. ewaaj

I meant if you get it repaired and it is fresh metal you should get the full thing undersealed. I was going to recommend Preserve & Protect but it is in Johnstone which is probably an hour and a half away from you so it might be too far. You leave your car with them for 4 days and they...
  41. ewaaj

If it can be repaired I recommend that you get it fully undersealed. I see that you're from Scotland. Where abouts in Scotland are you from?
  42. ewaaj

My Milano Red CTR

Do you know if they fit under the standard wheels? Sorry for all the questions but I am really interested in doing this to my own EP3 :lol: edit: I see you have mentioned previously that they do fit:cool:
  43. ewaaj

EP3 Limited slip diff - options??

Nice one cheers Hazz. I had a look at the Grinspeed website and never seen the option for just the diff on it's own instead of a the drive in /drive out service that they offer. Do they sell just the diff? EDIT: I've found it.
  44. ewaaj

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts did you buy yours from and how much was it? Does anyone know if there is much of an increase between the road LSD and the racepack?
  45. ewaaj

I'll just be getting the road spec one:cool:
  46. ewaaj

Tyre choice FN2

Agree with above. I have PS4 on my EP3 and I think they're great.
  47. ewaaj

I have decided on an Mfactory Helical LSD and will be purchasing this and renewing all the bearings and seals in the box.
  48. ewaaj

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

The JDM anti-roll bar makes a big difference, car felt so much better when I had done this mod.
  49. ewaaj

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Agree with above, don't get rid of it leave it and come back to it. Maybe you just need some time away not working on it.
  50. ewaaj

Unfortunately I’m in Scotland so Grinspeed is not an option for me. My friend will be building the box for me I just need to source all of the parts. I’ve tried to message Area Motorsport before for advice and they never replied.
  51. ewaaj

Lowering springs or Coilovers

I'd keep the Eibach springs and replace shocks with Bilstein B4. Cheaper than coilovers and will be good for a daily driven car.
  52. ewaaj

Cheap eBay rear arms

Buy decent ones like Hardrace, Ktuned, Skunk 2 etc. It's not worth cheaping out on anything tbh. Save until you can afford decent quality stuff and it will be totally worth it.;)
  53. ewaaj

Full valet and M2 exhaust

Looks good :cool:
  54. ewaaj

Also, does anyone know of any gearbox bearing kits?
  55. ewaaj

Cheapest place to get OEM Honda clutch for ep3?

Not OEM but a good replacement. It's also a very good price. https://id-workz.co.uk/exedy-clutch/exedy-clutch-kit-civic-type-r-ep3
  56. ewaaj

Thanks Hazz. I'm sure I've read about people using B series LSD's in K20 boxes before, maybe it was on k20a.org I can't really remember. Interested to know more about this so I'll definitely look into it:cool:
  57. ewaaj

Looking to purchase an LSD for my EP3. I drive the car daily and currently do not have plans to take it on the track yet. I have been looking at an MFactory Helical LSD as this seems the best option for me. Does anyone have any other LSD's that they have used or are currently using and...
  58. ewaaj

While I'm having the CAM chain replaced

Sounds like a nicely spec'd EP3. Would see more gains with 3inch catback and decat but for your current mods I'd be pleased with the power. If it was me I would personally stick to current exhaust set up that you have. However if you're getting rid of you DC5 manifold & cat drop me a PM ;)
  59. ewaaj

Shocks to suit eibach pro kit on my ep3

100% Agree with above don't get cheap coilovers it won't be worth it at all. Especially if the car is daily driven.
  60. ewaaj

Good deal that:cool:
  61. ewaaj

Personally, for a road car I would go OEM or Bilstein B4. The B4's are £372 for all 4 which I think is a fair price for a slight upgrade over standard. https://areamotorsport.co.uk/area-shop/bilstein-b4-replacement-shock-absorber-set-ep3-civic-type-r/
  62. ewaaj

EP3 Flooring & Carpeting boot/rear seats

Has anyone stripped out their EP3 then floored and carpeted the boot and where the rear seats go? Looking to do this myself, any pics would be appreciated.
  63. ewaaj

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? Wheel looks really good been thinking about getting mine done similar to this.
  64. ewaaj

My Milano Red CTR

Do you use EP3 discs and ATR pads with your brakes? Can't say I've ever heard about using ATR calipers before. Do you feel a decent upgrade over stock?
  65. ewaaj

Meyle HD drop links were a perfect fit for me. Was it possible you tried putting the ones for the front on the back or the other way around? JDM antiroll bar makes the car feel a lot better, really impressed with it.
  66. ewaaj

JDM rear antiroll bar, Meyle HD drop links and Polybushes fitted today. Not taken the car out yet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  67. ewaaj

EP3 Buddy Club Spoiler

It is a bit pointy and batman-ish. I thought it was kind of like a standard EP3 spoiler but a bit bigger. Not too keen on the pointy bits now I've seen it on that black EP3. Cheers Loxy
  68. ewaaj

EP3 Buddy Club Spoiler

Does any one have a Buddy Club spoiler on their EP3? Or even any pictures of an EP3 with this fitted? In 2 minds about going for this or a Fugen one. Think the only thing thats putting me off is the lack of pictures of the Buddy Club one.
  69. ewaaj

FD2 Purple FD2 @ Torque GT

Car has been reserved now, a good buy for whoever is getting it.
  70. ewaaj

PBS pads and Pagid discs fitted tonight[emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  71. ewaaj

This has made me want an FD2 even more. Probably went and looked at all the photos at least 10 times.
  72. ewaaj

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

This car is quality:twisted:
  73. ewaaj

Personally I'd be buying an FD2 to drive how it should be driven. Buying this one in particular would mean that couldn't be done so I understand why you wouldn't get rid of your current one for this one. However, it is still absolutely minted and I still want it:cool: I'm not in the position to...
  74. ewaaj

Want:eek: https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/purple-fd2-200619.html
  75. ewaaj

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

Looks really good with the grill painted black:smt023
  76. ewaaj

EML flashing

Same as Chris, has it been mapped and the EML is acting as a shift light? I'd try get a code reader plugged in to see if any codes are there.
  77. ewaaj

Recent EP3 purchase

Worth joining EP3 facebook pages and selling it in there as a whole? I know there a few breakers in the groups who would probably take it off of your hands. May not get a lot but surely more than you'd get for scrapping it.
  78. ewaaj

Not a red H, but my Moonrock S2000 - AIR RIDE PAGE 19

What happened to this? Is it still alive?
  79. ewaaj

EP3 suspension knocking

Engine mounts are common problems on EP3's. I'd suggest replacing them if they are split instead of just putting inserts in them like some people do.
  80. ewaaj

Anyone used Hardrace engine mounts? The innovate 65a ones I currently have cause far too much vibrations for me.
  81. ewaaj

Replaced split engine/gearbox mounts with Innovate Engine mounts. So much vibration but car feels a lot better. Got Buddy Club roll centre adjusters, JDM anti roll bar and Meyle HD drop links to fit all round. Rocker cover will be getting a new gasket and will be painted soon as well.
  82. ewaaj

Dream car at 18

I also own a Satin Silver EP3 at 18 :D
  83. ewaaj

Replaced the original O2 Sensor as the EML came on, surprisingly it came out quite easy:mrgreen: Got a few bits on the way from Htune should be here next week.
  84. ewaaj

EP3 Timing chain slap even after being replaced

Yes that's what it sounds like. Can replace your starter or put up with the noise as it doesn't cause any harm. Mines makes this noise however it still starts so I am not going through the effort of changing it.
  85. ewaaj

EP3 Vibration around 2500rpm

Inlet manifold silver cover?
  86. ewaaj

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Standard one makes no noise at all compared to the Tegiwa one, at least there's plenty other options for intakes.
  87. ewaaj

Ep3 rebuild

Wish I had the space/time to do this to mine. It's looking great.
  88. ewaaj

EP3 New bulbs & decent oil for new owner?

I use shell 5w40 fully synth. Isn't dear at all compared to other brands. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Engine-Oil-Shell-Helix-Ultra-SAE-5W40-Fully-Synthetic-5L-ACEA-A3-B4-5-Litres/302601984218?epid=1837274406&hash=item46747bd8da:g:f4UAAOSw1tJb2SPA:rk:2:pf:0
  89. ewaaj

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

54 plate EP3 - 101k
  90. ewaaj

These Calipers look minted
  91. ewaaj

finding a decent EP3

From a quick glance it looks like a good one, however I personally wouldn't spend over 4.5k on an EP3.
  92. ewaaj

EP3 Brake Setups

A cheaper option to the Stoptech BBK could be the Megane RS 4 pots. Think you can buy a full kit for less than £800 brand new. Not sure on how they compare with the Stoptech kit ***.
  93. ewaaj

Brightside's EP3R

Agreed
  94. ewaaj

Mk1 Eunos Roadster (MX5)

Good price, any plans?
  95. ewaaj

Build is coming along nicely mate, caricature looks good too:cool:
  96. ewaaj

Jimbothemagnificent's Zenki

This is minted:smt107
  97. ewaaj

Think you are correct with them being Evo 7 wheels. They will suit the car well:twisted:
  98. ewaaj

Looks good:cool: Have you decided on what wheels you will be running?
  99. ewaaj

EP3 Minted stock EP3

They look comfy in that.
  100. ewaaj

Probably One Of The Cleanest EP3's In The Country!!! ;-)

Not usually a fan of satin silver but this looks class. Only thing that I don't like is the pre-facelift seats. Only a personal opinion. Apart from that I like it. A lot:twisted: Any plans for it or are you leaving it how it is?
Back