• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Archer13

Fk2 yellow fogs

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/fog-light-protectors-for-sale-8g-9g-10g-fn2-fk2-fk8.77957/
  2. Archer13

FK8 Which FK8 - Pre-Facelift vs Facelift?

Spoken like a true dealer [emoji23] Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  3. Archer13

BMW M2 competition

I wouldn't buy a brand new car with 1200 miles on it, 4 miles is more than enough! Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  4. Archer13

4 different bosch batteries to choose from

If there’s multiples on euro car parts they sometimes break down the choices by VIN number, might be worth double checking that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Archer13

What did you do to your Type R today?

When are you unveiling the new one? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Archer13

FN2 [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Archer13

When do you get the replacement? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Archer13

Anything lined up to replace it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Archer13

What would you go for if you did sell? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Archer13

The way I see it is that it’s going to take a nose dive at some point and my pcp has less than a year left. I wouldn’t be able to afford the balloon payment anyway and I’ve made back a decent chunk. I enjoyed the car and can tick it off the list. Maybe I’ll sit it out till 2022... Sent from...
  11. Archer13

WBAC offered that and didn’t knock me down. Lot of uncertainty at the moment and after WBAC originally offered 22.5 at beginning of lockdown it was a no brainer for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Archer13

2018 (18) 17.5k miles and £25k Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Archer13

Sold! No idea what to get, if I should go cheap or finance later on. I’m borrowing a c class until I know what I want Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Archer13

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/fk8/exterior.html?p=2 All available here for you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Archer13

I got a quote from Torque GT a while back on these when I got the car, fear of clipping them put me off
  16. Archer13

FK8 Insurance ...

Hastings Direct for me. 34 with 9+ years no claims protected for £350 on my renewal Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Archer13

FK8 Buyers Advice for a used FK8 Type R

Had an R56 Cooper S which was lots of fun. Hoping the JCW will keep me entertained for a while Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Archer13

Put a deposit down on a JCW Mini as I need an auto with better monthly payments. Also thinking of getting something a little cheaper as a side project Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Archer13

Nice grey one for sale and the owner is open to offers... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Archer13

Back to a Civic?

FK8 [emoji41] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Archer13

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Not sure I can wait 5 years for house plans [emoji23] Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  22. Archer13

If I could keep it and do everything else that needs doing I would. But as we just bought a house and stuff needs doing, something has to give. Thinking in 5 years time if there's nothing better on the market, I'll get another when we remortgage and buy outright Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  23. Archer13

Might be selling my polished metal 18 plate with 4 years left on the service plan... Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  24. Archer13

FK8 Fk8 and discounts?

What else are you testing? Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  25. Archer13

FK8 Fk8 and discounts?

Be interested in an 18 plate? I used Carwow to get mine and managed to use the deal I found with various dealerships not on the scheme.
  26. Archer13

I do [emoji23] one of the reasons I went for it Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  27. Archer13

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

Saloon or hatch?
  28. Archer13

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

A35? Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  29. Archer13

Best online quotes

I did try direct line, but they were more than twice as much as my cheapest quote (Churchill). Like Chris, I've never found them competitive. Think I might have to bite the bullet and pay the £158. Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  30. Archer13

Best online quotes

Hey all! So the issue is this. I'm moving house and apparently by moving less than 5 miles away from my current house has meant that my current insurer wants an extra £158 for the remaining 8 months. I'm undecided to either pay it and leave them next year when it's up or get a refund and...
  31. Archer13

FK8 Wire Gauge Size

I'll see if I can find it on the wire in the light tomorrow. Just meant is there a standard wire gauge that's used for wiring headlights as I need to use a splice to link 2 together. Want to make sure the splice I order is correct for the thickness Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  32. Archer13

FK8 Tshssssss (as in turbo noise)

Remember that thread from before. Was looking for which to get at the time. Opted for the K&N as there was a sale when I got it. Also, I think it may have been Dotty (might be wrong) that said something about pipercross filters sagging. Which was another reason Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  33. Archer13

FK8 Tshssssss (as in turbo noise)

There's also the K&N which I went for https://www.dream-automotive.com/products/k-n-honda-civic-type-r-fk8-performance-air-filter
  34. Archer13

FK8 Wire Gauge Size

Does anyone know where I can find the wire gauge sizes of the headlight?
  35. Archer13

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

All i did was download the app, turn on notifications, plugged it in and sync to the head unit. Just make sure to always remember it, then you don't have to do it again.
  36. Archer13

FK2 Strakes (Wind deflectors)

Alternatively, if you can on your phone, download Tapatalk and send via that
  37. Archer13

FK8 The steering wheel holds dips!

How was the first drive, take long for the nerves to go?
  38. Archer13

FK8 The steering wheel holds dips!

It's a sad day Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  39. Archer13

FK8 Winter tyres

:lol: I had no more room on the other side of the road without mounting the pavement :smt059
  40. Archer13

FK8 Winter tyres

Sounds like you got a good deal then, also the best colour too! Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  41. Archer13

FK8 Winter tyres

I've thought about turning it off, but as soon as I do that I'll need it! Too embarrassed to look at the cyclist, just booted it out of there. Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
  42. Archer13

FK8 Winter tyres

That happened yesterday when I tried overtaking a cyclist. Slammed the brakes on while I was alongside them :lol:
  43. Archer13

FK8 Winter tyres

I hope you like it then! One thing that takes getting used to is judging the width of it, it feels really wide in there. Plus when all the sensors start going off while you're squeezing through a gap doesn't help matters. Which dealers did you try? Who are you buying from?
  44. Archer13

FK8 Winter tyres

Needed a new tyre, no actual wheel damage yet. Have you picked yours up or got a date when you are?
  45. Archer13

FK8 Winter tyres

I'll be getting smaller wheels after I've moved. The roads around me are littered with potholes and once the rain comes you don't even know they're there, until you've hit one. Also, cheaper tyres are a plus :D
  46. Archer13

FK8 FK8 ordered

That I do Trev :cool:
  47. Archer13

FK8 FK8 ordered

Tidied that up for you Kev
  48. Archer13

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Don't appreciate that comment tarring a whole nation with the same brush, especially when you don't know the background of people on here, some of whom are American
  49. Archer13

They look good. What's the ride like compared to the 20s? Also, what width and offset?
  50. Archer13

Any pictures?
  51. Archer13

Welcome!
  52. Archer13

FK8 Goodwood FoS...

If you go on a Thursday and it's quiet around the tents at the bottom of the hill, ask the Honda dealer there if you can take one. Think it's only Yeomans that are representing Honda at Goodwood
  53. Archer13

FK8 Goodwood FoS...

Yeah, you’ll enjoy it. Other manufacturers have professional drivers, Honda are decent enough to let you drive yourself.
  54. Archer13

FK8 Goodwood FoS...

Done that last year, what dealership offered that? Yeomans?
  55. Archer13

These are the tips I'm going to go for, need to sort house out first :(
  56. Archer13

What tips did you opt for?
  57. Archer13

I'm really jealous!! Where are you getting it done?
  58. Archer13

FK2 New (to me) FK2 Type R

Admiral was just an example, there's also comparison websites to find deals. I looked at buyacar.co.uk which could be a good option, best just to shop around and get a deal that works for you. From personal experience, haggling with main dealers is easier than independents, you could also get...
  59. Archer13

FK2 New (to me) FK2 Type R

Where are you looking that you can’t get below 10%? You could go to Admiral where they offer 5.9%
  60. Archer13

EP3 JDM championship white

How low? There's one on ebay with 60 something thousand
  61. Archer13

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

3 years
  62. Archer13

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

My balloon is 17k with payments of £284 per month. 8k down and annual mileage of 8k
  63. Archer13

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

What’s your balloon payment?
  64. Archer13

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

I used carwow to get a guide, then played dealers off against each other until I got the best deal for me.
  65. Archer13

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Wonder how long till you miss the Civic :lol:
  66. Archer13

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

any hints?
  67. Archer13

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

I was looking at going to Amsterdam to their Japfest in October if you guys are up for the European drive?
  68. Archer13

FK8 UK and US differences

Just for bling purposes :lol:
  69. Archer13

Found carbon zone Poland on Instagram too, also found the steering wheels on pimp my civic or as it's called now, carbon my ride
  70. Archer13

Oh really? That could be a better idea, need to try and find him though and I’m not on there. I saw this guy on Instagram, anyone offering aftermarket parts for the FK8 seems to be from the states on there though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  71. Archer13

This is the one I’m after Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  72. Archer13

Anyone know if there is any difference in the spec of US and UK steering wheel setups. (Apart from opposite sides). I’m looking at ordering a new steering wheel from the states and don’t want to until I’m sure it’ll be ok.
  73. Archer13

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Front badge is 5” corner to corner Rear badge is 4.5” corner to corner Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  74. Archer13

I’ll measure the badges for you. They’re different to the originals, but very good quality. Worth noting that there are no pegs on them, so just held by adhesive
  75. Archer13

I have aero spec racing badges on mine. He makes for all hondas, so might well know
  76. Archer13

FK8 Wind deflectors

Are you selling them?
  77. Archer13

Updating 'The Cars' section

It's moved on with the times to keep up with other manufacturers and has worked given all the times and records broken. Even though most people that review it aren't taken by the looks, they still rave about the car. I'm glad Honda brought this car out and think it should wear the red H...
  78. Archer13

FK8 Mud flaps?

Relatively easy to fit if you have the room, I used a mates ramp to do it. Comes with a good set of instructions too
  79. Archer13

I honestly think it's one of the best looking cars available. Certainly not fugly, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  80. Archer13

A cape would only slow it down from its continuous destruction of other hot hatches
  81. Archer13

When it stops bettering all the other hot hatches then? :lol:
  82. Archer13

Just wondered when the car section would be updated with the FK8 included?
  83. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

84. Archer13

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

Seen anything about cost? Looks wise I'm all in on that one, more so than the Remus. The Remus exhaust does sound good though
  85. Archer13

FK8 Mud flaps?

Couple of pictures of the red ones, not the best pictures as the weather is awful
  86. Archer13

FK8 Mud flaps?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2489528.m4969.l1313&_nkw=Rally+armor+universal
  87. Archer13

FK8 Mud flaps?

Went for red with black writing, will post pics tomorrow.
  88. Archer13

FK8 Mud flaps?

I bought rally armor for mine
  89. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

Guy in a company jag wanted to get close
  90. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

Need to take some! Car’s filthy at the moment and it lost a wing mirror today :(
  91. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

Yeah, the new one I got doesn't have the posts on it anyway
  92. Archer13

FK8 2019 What Car? Car of the year

Weighs up everything wanted from a hot hatch and the RS3 is too much money to be worth it
  93. Archer13

FK8 2019 What Car? Car of the year

https://www.whatcar.com/honda/civic/hatchback/review/n143
  94. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

I opted for a tshirt and screwdriver in the end to get the front badge off. Luckily no damage anywhere! It doesn't look like a simple job to get the front grille off https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-remove-front-bumper-grill-chrome.8593/
  95. Archer13

:lol: I actually really like it, I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder
  96. Archer13

Trading in the M2?
  97. Archer13

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Is the new colour for the US not just the sonic grey? They didn't get that originally and I read that they'd be getting it from 2019
  98. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

haha sorry mate
  99. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

Not yet, fitting Saturday along with my rally armor mudflaps
  100. Archer13

FK8 Front badge removal

There’s a guy in Arizona who makes stuff. Instagram is @aerospecracing I think. He made the carbon bonnet scoop for Honda Pro Jason if you’ve seen that? Looks amazing, and has subtly woven yellow into the vent section. It’s a one man band thing so waiting times are long! Took 3 months for my...
Back