• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T-RR

Dealer behaviour

Another +1 for Cox. Bought lots of stuff for my R in the past - brakes, mats, light units and more. Always spot-on.
  2. T-RR

DC2 DB8 DC5 New Integra ..

Yes, that's true. Previous 'tegs were designed first for the JDM market after all. The exterior of the new Supra has grown on me but I just can't get past the fact that's it's mostly a BMW!! Not for me I'm afraid, though the new Nissan Z car looks quite tasty.
  3. T-RR

DC2 DB8 DC5 New Integra ..

Bag of s*** - a disgrace to the legacy. But is it even a surprise anymore with how many hideous BMW GT fastbacks, anonymous SUVs, and vile crap like that Mustang SUV nonsense come off the drawing boards today?
  4. T-RR

Dealer behaviour

The worst part of that is that you yourself suggested the cables and were told no, only for them to essentially say that you were right and then charge you for that. The dealer I used to use was always sound when it came to repairs/servicing and never had any issues but I've heard stories like...
  5. T-RR

FN2 knock sensor

There are genuine ones on ebay but they are between £80-£100 Linky linky Personally I would always pay more for better parts and avoid cheap Chinese sh*t. Everything that comes out of that country is either fake, substandard, or just plain rubbish. Not saying that the genuine sensors should be...
  6. T-RR

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

^^^ I believe Taiwan is actually the largest producer of chips. The US isn't as big a chip manufacturer as people believe, but they are attempting to build facilities in order to be more self-sufficient, as are China. Problem is, chip factories cost billions to set up, take years to do so, and...
  7. T-RR

Other Acura Integra Type R

Are we sure that that headlight isn't nicked from a Seat Leon? Similar shape and LED formation lol
  8. T-RR

FN2 spoiler

Late reply but Delta Styling is a good option: Linky linky
  9. T-RR

Fn2 Servicing and Modification - Hertfordshire

Sorry that I can't put in any specific advice, but changing the brakes is definitely something I can agree with. Mine have always been stock and always feel lifeless, even when all the discs/pads have been replaced. You are also better off without the OEM calipers as they are prone to seizing. I...
  10. T-RR

What did you do to your Type R today?

Today I've sold mine (FN2)...well, at least agreed to a trade-in so I'll still have it for a week more perhaps. It's been a great five-and-a-half-years but I just fancied something different, and there are some things about the car that I've honestly just had enough of. Predominately, the...
  11. T-RR

New Honda Civic unveiled

Not a fan of what that looks like tbh. I've never liked the standard FK8 either in fairness, but the crazy styling of the Type-R at least elevated it to a head-turner for me. The preview of the new R looks too toned-down imo.
  12. T-RR

370z Nismo

Just had a look on Google and it's like this. Seems to pop up on a fair few images for period reviews of the car.
  13. T-RR

370z Nismo

Very nice car. There is a black one a few streets away from me but it has a much bigger wing on the back. Don't know if that is optional or the sign of some sort of special edition? Car looks pristine and stock otherwise, and the wing LOOKS like it's a factory thing, not a mod.
  14. T-RR

FN2 FN2 knocking noise from the rear

I know this is an ancient topic now, but I had a knocking sound coming from the rear (sounded like it was coming from over my shoulder on the passenger side) last year, and it turned out that one of the corners of the exhaust heatshield had completely rotted away, taking the bolt/fixing with...
  15. T-RR

Problems posting things on the forum ?

Something wrong in the Private Lounge section for me. Clicking on the last page of threads takes me about 4-5 pages before the "last page", as if the others don't exist. Also, can't even access some of the topics (only the most recent pages, not the oldest) as I get taken to a browser error...
  16. T-RR

FN2 New fn owner here

I use these seat covers: https://www.capitalseating.co.uk/honda-civic-type-r-fn2-fd2-protective-seat-cover They are water-proof and custom made for the FN2 seats so they will fit over the bolsters perfectly.
  17. T-RR

FN2 new member/owner fn2

Transmission fluid should have been done after 6 years too. The 75k service (as has already been said) should have seen the plugs changed and valve clearances done but also the in-tank fuel filter. Re. the clutch, my car has done almost 80k and is still on the original and it's fine thus far.
  18. T-RR

FN2 Replacement Rear Lights

Update: found them for £65 (give or take some change) a corner at Cox Motorparts so have gone and ordered both. The leaky one on my car has a series of hairline cracks between the two layers of plastic on the top edge so I guess that's where all the moisture is getting in. Other side isn't...
  19. T-RR

Difficult to enjoy a Type-R on UK roads...

We will be taxed in a different way. There's no way the government will lose out on all that road tax and fuel duty. It's like if everybody ACTUALLY stopped smoking - a new tax would just emerge from elsewhere. They don't actually want you to stop and they know people won't so they just do...
  20. T-RR

The FN2 Type R tailgate

Thanks, Loxy. I've seen YT videos of people replacing the sealant with regular DIY stuff and squirting it all around the base of the replacement spoiler. Looked a bit agricultural and bodge-job to me. I will keep this in mind when/if I ever get around to it :)
  21. T-RR

There's one like that near me. Full of water and was difficult to see (before the cone got partially sunk in it!). I was told that somebody hit it earlier this week and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to their Audi. It's a tight lane where you have to squeeze into cut-ins to let...
  22. T-RR

This is surprising news. So the suspension is that much better that even the bigger wheel size doesn't make the ride worse? I wrongly assumed that they would have made the suspension more and more hardcore with each new CTR.
  23. T-RR

The FN2 Type R tailgate

Can I just ask, do you NEED to replace the sealant stuff when swapping the spoiler? Fitting a Mugen-style one has been on the to-do list for ages now and I was just wondering whether you need to do the sealant thing or whether it was just the factory being overly-cautious when they put the car...
  24. T-RR

Was just wondering if anybody else, like me, sometimes feels like it's just too difficult to enjoy their R on the shocking UK roads?!? There are some appalling surfaces where I live (and I assume it's the same everywhere) and, sometimes, I really feel like I've had enough of being thrown...
  25. T-RR

FN2 FN2 GT 'Plus'?!?

Hmm, well I've got 'A' which means it was built in 2010. I assume there's no way of of knowing whether that would have been pre or post April.
  26. T-RR

FN2 FN2 GT 'Plus'?!?

Forgive my stupidity, but is there an easy way to find out when the car was actually built without calling anybody up?
  27. T-RR

FN2 FN2 GT 'Plus'?!?

Fair enough. Weird how Honda class it as a Plus but it's a GT everywhere else. Bloke said that it should have the LSD from whatever screen he was looking at anyway. If the 2010- thing is true then a 61 plate car must surely have it. (yeah, I know I could/should just look myself but I don't...
  28. T-RR

FN2 FN2 GT 'Plus'?!?

A while back, I was calling the Honda dealer where I have mine serviced about something, and I asked them if they could tell me whether my car was one of those late model life cars that had an LSD thrown in. Obviously I'd heard about post-2010 cars having them fitted as standard and seeing as...
  29. T-RR

Civic 8th gen 1.8

I had a 1.8 FN2 before the R and it was a good car. Pokey enough and other than the usual wear/tear stuff like brakes, it never let me down.
  30. T-RR

FN2 Replacement Rear Lights

One of mine (the indicator section) is all leaky and knackered so I'm going to replace it. Euro Car parts have them new, OEM and aftermarket. I'm a stickler for OEM parts but there's a massive price difference between the two! https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/aftermarket-rear-lamp-478600111...
  31. T-RR

FN2 2009 FN2 New Owner Questions

RE. the screenwash, mine are tempramental at the moment. Be CAREFUL which screenwash you use! I was using cheap, concentrated stuff and mixing up big 5-litre cans. However, I didn't realise that the dye in the wash was separating in the water of the mixed cans and that I was unknowingly pouring...
  32. T-RR

FN2 What's your MPG?

Getting about 29-point-something in the FN2, mostly commuting style driving at the moment, unfortunately. I don't really care anyway. It's smiles-per-gallon for me, not MPG (and I'm not even a massive earner who won't miss the money). All this stuff about fuel-saving, being frugal, saving the...
  33. T-RR

Little help

Looks the same as this one to me, dude. The listing has the part numbers and all that which might be useful...
  34. T-RR

FN2 FN2 Alloys Manufacturer?

Cheers :) Does that also go for the 19" Rages, do you know?
  35. T-RR

FN2 FN2 Alloys Manufacturer?

Apologies if this a dumb question! Just wondering (out of sheer interest) who made the OEM alloys for the FN2? The EP3's were by Enkei, if I've got that right. Had a look online but just get loads of sites trying to sell me wheels. Cheers
  36. T-RR

FN2 Seat cover

Just to add to my previous post, here's a (crap quality) photo of the Capital Seating covers in "action". They mould perfectly to the bolstered seats, zip up at the back (easier to fit) and have all the right gaps/slots for the seat controls. Btw, that's not a minging armest in the middle...
  37. T-RR

FN2 Seat cover

I have these water-proof ones on my FN2 seats: https://www.capitalseating.co.uk/honda-civic-type-r-fn2-fd2-protective-seat-cover They are specifically designed to fit the seats so they fit great. I've tried some of the generic ones before but they are hit-and-miss with some not going over the...
  38. T-RR

Deprived of the red badge…

Really like the Euro-R. How does she go? The Accord-R has always been one of my most-wanted cars. Unfortunately I've had my FN2 long enough to not want to swap it and don't have room/cash for a second motor.
  39. T-RR

FN2 Squealing/Groaning noise at low speeds when turning right

Out of interest, does anybody know why seized calipers are so common on FN2's? Is it a design flaw with the OEM parts or something? I've never had the problem with any other cars and can't remember anybody else I know having to deal with it with their cars.
  40. T-RR

FN2 Creaking / rubbing noise when turning

Might not be the case but are your brakes okay? I was suffering with all kinds of nasty sounds when turning at low speeds and it was the brakes. The caliper had just started to seize and obviously wasn't releasing fully when my foot was off the brakes.
  41. T-RR

*Thread necro* Quick update if anybody cares. It was indeed the brakes. The noise didn't immediately get much worse so I lived with it but just last week, the driver's side brake caliper started seizing. Since I had a week off work conveniently looming, I babied the car around for the remainder...
  42. T-RR

FK8 Honda closing Swindon plant

Really crappy news. Felt like the Swindon plant was something that would always be there. Going to be a massive blow for the area as Swindon IS Honda. Bet a great many of us here have cars that were put together by the lads there... Reading the BBC article though, it said that one of the...
  43. T-RR

TomCat's Evo X

Not keen on the back end of these for some reason but overall, I still like them and the X is a head-turner for sure. Looks real nice in blue as well. Think the Evo V/VI shape is my favourite.
  44. T-RR

Catalytic Converter stolen - replacement advice please

An Accord R is worth saving! Be gutted to hear of one being written off as they are probably my dream Honda. Nice and uncommon. Absolute c***s who did this.
  45. T-RR

The eFN2 (3rd Type R) (Vikki VTEC)

Yeah, I'd leave the Civic badge too but that's just me personally. Never understood the whole de-badging thing myself but fair play to those who do it. None of my business etc... Back when I was first starting out with Hondas, I saw an FN2 once where somebody had fitted a small "GT" badge below...
  46. T-RR

Is the spoiler a simple swap with the stock i.e. just a bolt-on job? I've seen that there are two bits on the underside of the stock spoiler that need transferring over to the new one. Some people have said that you need to use some sealant as well but that doesn't seem right to me as it sounds...
  47. T-RR

Loxy's Type R #6

Would have suggested a gunmetal grey shade but definitely has to be black out of those 2 options.
  48. T-RR

Yes, Mugen spoiler! Looking forward to getting one next year (hopefully). Things are just too expensive right now with Chrimbo coming up and other expenses. I like the rear end as well but looking at where the panels/bumper join, it looks like a lot needs to be exchanged? At very first glance...
  49. T-RR

Right, will try to get them changed then, see if it really is just the pads. Had a seized caliper + warped disc last year so the front discs and pads were all replaced but because it was a bit of an emergency job (car is my daily), I didn't get the time to choose some better/more suitable bits...
  50. T-RR

Sporty Blue FK2 From A Distant Land

Very nice - my favourite colour too :) Good to see the Type-R love alive overseas.
  51. T-RR

Just had two days of near-faultless driving when the noise only happened once each day. The intermittent nature is annoying me more than anything. No clunking that I can hear. I used the word 'groaning' as it was the only way I could describe it as it was squealing but not quite the same as...
  52. T-RR

The kind of the angle needed to produce the noise is, say if you are turning right at a mini roundabout (low speed) or into a side road. If it's just a small amount of lock then nothing happens but anything around half-full lock at the noise happens. Mine seems to be opposite to yours too in...
  53. T-RR

Getting this loud, sqealing/groaning sound from underneath the front of the car but only when turning right and at slow i.e. parking, turning out of junctions speeds. I would say that it's intermittent but it probably happens 80-90% of the time, most days of the week with random times when...
  54. T-RR

Checked out the covers and they are silicon? Might give those a miss as the keys spend all day in my pocket at work and with how my hands get dirty, that cover will be grubby in no time! Will definitely get the key back though and JDM my key. Most extreme mod ever!
  55. T-RR

Loving the red upgrades for the key. Did they cost you much?
  56. T-RR

Loxy's Type R #6

Wow, I've never seen the DSB hue on an FN2 before. Unless I HAVE and just assumed it was a fake/respray. You learn something new everyday... My favourite shade on FN2's in general was the much lighter blue that I've only seen on Type-S variants and lower spec cars: Like This
  57. T-RR

Wilmo's FN2

Very nice :) RE. The Grill badge...I managed to fit mine but took a bit of a risk. Basically removed as much as I could, leaving the grille held on only at the bottom then prised it forwards and wedged it in place with something (might even have been a piece of wood!) while I fitted the badge...
  58. T-RR

Very nice! I actually like the red tape on the front and that's coming from a bore who loves cars to be as original as possible! Was considering painting my calipers red but leaving the raised Type-R script silver so it stands out. It's a back-burner project at the moment though since one of...
  59. T-RR

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

Looks beautiful in black (one of my favourite shades for the FK2). Was offered a tempting finance deal on an FK2 from the garage when I was having my FN2 MOT'd/serviced a few weeks ago. Managed to get away without buying anything but I'm still on the fence. I absolutely love the styling but I'm...
  60. T-RR

Type R stickers

If I remember rightly, I didn't do what the instructions said. I just (perhaps foolishly!) applied them carefully and used a resin squeege thing to smooth them out and get any air bubbles out. Turned out perfectly. Was a bit concerning though because the genuine stickers are stupidly expensive...
  61. T-RR

Window washer fluid products recommendation needed please

I use Prestone now as well. Quite a lot of people are saying that they use the cheap stuff but I used a cheap concentrate and didn't notice that the colour dye was separating from the water in the premix can that I'd made up and left in the garage. Eventually ended up blocking up the washer...
  62. T-RR

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Sorry if this has been mentioned before (probably has but 471 pages to look through...) but I still feel that an FK2 Type-R wagon was a massive missed oppurtunity. Yeah, it wouldn't have sold well but these pics of one that some Honda guys at Swindon made up of spare parts made me drool a...
  63. T-RR

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

I couldn't even get into the tip in mine nor would I want to. They put in giant speed bumps that really are outrageous in height (god knows why...who is going to be speeding like a racer down a narrow aisle at a council tip?!?) and the last time I went several years ago in my previous boggo 1.8...
  64. T-RR

FN2 Driver's side mat catching on clutch pedal

Thanks mate, that's very helpful. I can't understand why the pegs aren't there as standard unless the mats didn't come in the FN2 as standard and were optional purchases? Guess the last owner didn't fit the pegs for whatever reason (if he had them at all).
  65. T-RR

FN2 Driver's side mat catching on clutch pedal

I have the standard OEM mats in my car and the top edge of the driver's side mat is all shredded up from years (I assume - it was already like this when I bought the car) of catching on the clutch pedal. If I position the mat as far back or as far forward as it will go then it's fine for a while...
  66. T-RR

Honda #2 FN2 GT

Thanks guys. Will probably have to wait until next year now once my holiday, MOT/Service/Tax and the dreaded Christmas is out of the way but at least I have the info I need now.
  67. T-RR

Honda #2 FN2 GT

Thanks. I didn't know it was that easy to do. Might sound dumb but I've never looked at how the stock spoiler is actually attached lol EDIT: Looks like they are out of stock on Type R Kits anyway. Also couldn't see an option to have them pre-painted? I take it the centre blade section would...
  68. T-RR

Honda #2 FN2 GT

Epic wing. I'm after the same for mine (as I believe the car really should have come with it as standard...) but just looking for somewhere trustworthy that will supply and fit one.
  69. T-RR

My FN2 service

The Cannock Honda dealer does mine. For the last 2-3 years they've even collected it from my house in Tamworth and had it back to me around 3-4PM which I've always been impressed with given the distance. I've gone a bit soft this year though and said I'll take it down myself and have a...
  70. T-RR

My Dc2 rebuild - New archs are in.

Incredible work there. Fascinating journey! Got to say though, the appalling state of that second DC2 made me want to cry! Who would allow such a thing to happen?!?
  71. T-RR

My FN2 service

I had transmission fluid changed last year as well since that's meant to be every 6 years (mine's on a 61 plate)
  72. T-RR

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Yeah, FK2's seem more exclusive since they didn't sell that many. They always turn my head, especially in white, black or blue (not a fan of red for some reason...don't know why). How's the sound? Every time I've passed an FK2 (or one has passed me), they've always been cruising sedately!
  73. T-RR

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Very nice car! Looks awesome in black. The FK2 splits me apart because I can't get enough of the outrageous exterior BUT I worry I'd miss an N/A engine... Thank God I'm not in a financial position to consider buying one anyway lol
  74. T-RR

FN2 Possible clutch

Is there an average rating for the clutch's lifespan on an FN2 out of interest? I'm assuming that mine for instance is the original and with no receipts to show otherwise, I have to presume it is.
  75. T-RR

FN2 Possible clutch

I too get a faint burning smell in the cab when venturing into V-TEC range but no issues with the clutch or gearbox hence why I've never put two and two together. Car has just over 68k on the clock.
  76. T-RR

Black Beast of Sweden FN2 GT "08

Very nice! Are those stickers down by the front wheel arch? They intrigue me...
  77. T-RR

Alloy Wheel Contamination Removal.

I can also vouch for Dragon's Breath not doing the job, despite its high price and supposed positive rep. Was pretty disappointed tbh. Just had my alloys refurbed (as I think some of the lacquer had come off, allowing brake dust to get really stuck in) and I plan to clean them every week at...
  78. T-RR

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

Beautiful car! Gutted that they didn't sell these over here (aside from the hybrid/eco version lol). Ever been tempted by white wheels? I'm assuming the whites are the standard factory wheels.
  79. T-RR

honda service plan.....worth it or not?

£27-something I think it was. The overall cost is quite steep (I was looking over all of the figures again after making my reply and looking at what I'd gotten out of the deal over the 3 years) and if you don't make use of all of the services included then you won't get your money back. I had...
  80. T-RR

honda service plan.....worth it or not?

I had one (it literally just expired) and it's like putting money into a pot and that money being used to pay for your servicing when it comes time. One thing: my plan stated a 36 month duration but it only lasts for 31 months for some reason. The total payable for me over 3 years was £674.00...
  81. T-RR

FN2 Clock adjustment (new owner!!)

Apologies if you aren't meant to resurrect old topics on here but I didn't see the need to create a new one... ...anyway, I noticed that the handbook for the car states to hold the clock/AM-FM button in then use two of the preset station buttons to alter the hours/minutes. This didn't work on...
  82. T-RR

FN2 Advice with previous ownership - FN2 Type R

I personally prefer to pay the premium of buying cars from main dealers if possible for peace of mind. I got my FN2 in 2015 from a Honda dealer and it had <50k on the clock, FSH and just the one previous owner who was known to the garage on a first-name basis. I paid a fair bit more than I'd...
Back