• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Trev H

FK8 Fk8 current values

Well, the lady wife suffers from a spinal injury so getting in and out of the Civic was quite bad for her and she can’t drive a manual car due to not being able to operate the clutch properly. She drives a Mazda CX3 but we decided to get rid of both and go for something that she can use easily...
  2. Trev H

FK8 Fk8 current values

Well, mine went this morning back to the dealer I bought it from. I got £500 less than I paid for it over three years ago so I can’t complain. So if anyone is after a CW CTR GT, with 8600 miles, there will be one at Howard’s Honda, Taunton very soon.
  3. Trev H

Mileage

I don’t see the point of a rebuild if the engine is performing as it should and doesn’t leak oil/water/air/exhaust gases or make strange noises. Take it to a decent tuning company and have a compression test done just to make sure the pistons/rings/bores are ok and continue to enjoy.
  4. Trev H

Variable Service Indicator.

Yep, just oil
  5. Trev H

FK8 FK8 CTR Sport Line Ride

I thought the new Megane RS was a bit harsher than the FK8
  6. Trev H

FK8 FK8 CTR Sport Line Ride

You should try the 20’s!
  7. Trev H

FK8 Fk8 current values

I took mine for a service this morning. I was approached afterwards by the service manager and a workshop technician who wanted first refusal when I sell. I was offered 30k part ex against another Honda. They have got a polished metal one on the forecourt on a 19 plate, with 36k on the clock for...
  8. Trev H

FK8 Keyless entry not working

Now there’s a thought…….
  9. Trev H

The batteries in the remotes are new, so I know it’s not them. I’ve driven the care everyday for the last three days with no further problems, but this is the third time it’s done it and on one occasion I had a message saying that the remotes weren’t in range when they were in the centre...
  10. Trev H

Hi all, I went to get into my FK8 today and the keyless entry/lock wouldnt work at first. It was also hit and miss using the remote as well. The car hasn’t moved for nearly two weeks and I’ve heard that this could be the cars battery being a bit low, is this right? I have changed the remote...
  11. Trev H

DC2 DB8 DC5 Supercharged or NA DC5

The Clio RS owners scene have a big supercharger following, but the gains don’t seem to be huge, maybe 25 to 30 bhp. Like Chris says, buy a super/turbo charged car from the get go.
  12. Trev H

DC2 DB8 DC5 Supercharged or NA DC5

So, what do we think? https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjZqrOvmazyAhUHWsAKHc1hBvsQvOMEegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.carscoops.com%2F2021%2F08%2Fthis-new-age-honda-integra-type-r-looks-absolutely-stunning%2F&usg=AOvVaw1IaedCYXZ3sXP6dqa9eXdl
  13. Trev H

FK8 Fk8 current values

This afternoon, my dealership rang me offering 30k and told me that they would better WBAC as they were desperate to get their hands on them and they were getting calls everyday from potential buyers. Mine is four years old with 8k on the clock.
  14. Trev H

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

The FD2 is a stunner
  15. Trev H

I wonder if the dealer knows something about a, possible, secret history with this vehicle? Having seen the damage and the ”not so new” key fobs? Just a thought. And I really feel your pain about not being able to get your hands on one. Have you considered an FK2?
  16. Trev H

Vinyl wrap bonnet.

Carbon. Looks ace.
  17. Trev H

Folding wing mirrors - Honda CTR 2020

It’s a bit like me with the single cup holder between the seats, I didn’t realise it was one inside another!
  18. Trev H

The other thing is that Type R panels are supplied pre-painted. Great if your car is, relatively, new, but could be a pain if your car is an older one. The only way around that would be a paint match at a decent body shop.
  19. Trev H

I’ve just shown your new photos to my lad again and he reckons that the car has been driven into something low, like a kerb, and it’s cracked the paint along the upper edge of the bumper. Another giveaway iS the shut lines on photos 3,4 and 5 Where it looks like it’s been forced in at the...
  20. Trev H

Nope, no difference. Also, I showed your photos to my son, who was a bodyshop manager, he said the same as I did. They are masking lines where someone has done a crap attempt at a repair and paint job. He said there will always be differences, in paint, on plastic and metal , but to see them on...
  21. Trev H

Thats bloody awful mate! It looks like it’s had a bump judging by the uneven gaps as well. I’d be heading back to the dealer and wanting it sorted.
  22. Trev H

New Honda Civic unveiled

My dealership reckons about 400 bhp, ish, from the two engines.
  23. Trev H

Can you help me identify the previous owners mods?

I’m 60 and I’d love that exhaust!
  24. Trev H

FK8 Fuel pump recall

I stand to one side and stick my finger in it the filler to release the pressure. I got fed up of getting covered in fuel spray
  25. Trev H

FK8 No more new FK8's

Mine was one previous owner when I bought it from the dealer, who was the previous owner, and it had 10 miles on the clock. Dealerships have a variety of reasons for registering cars and I don’t think there’s, usually, a reason to be suspicious.
  26. Trev H

FK8 Fk8 wheel sizes for winter tyres

What’s wrong with the ones that are fitted? I’ve now driven through two winters, including standing water and snow/ice with no problems.
  27. Trev H

Wheel spacers

You won’t be yawning when the nasty police man seizes your vehicle for not being road legal.
  28. Trev H

Wheel spacers

And an offence.
  29. Trev H

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

What a ridiculous price for a colour! Buy an “ordinary” CTR FK8 and spend 3 grand on a good wrap. There you go, you’ve saved about 18 grand and nobody will call you a pratt.
  30. Trev H

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

I drove both and finally plumped for the FK8 as I thought, and it’s my own opinion, that the FK2 was a little bit more “raw” when being driven around town or on really slow B roads. The FK8 is a bit more user friendly in these circumstances.
  31. Trev H

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Seen outside Waterlooville today.
  32. Trev H

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Only with adjustment. My drivers side always needs adjusting.
  33. Trev H

5 year servicing package

The dealership threw in the service package, but I would have bought it anyway, purely for the money saved. I invested in wheel/tyre insurance myself.
  34. Trev H

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I don’t know if this has been discussed before, I couldn’t find anything on the forum, but on my way to work this morning, after about 15minutes of ordinary driving , the radio went quiet, not off, and the word “ALARM“ flashed across the screen for a split second. Google showed a few hits but it...
  35. Trev H

FK8 My Sportline Has Landed

Nice, but I’d miss the spoiler.
  36. Trev H

FK8 Cold start rattle for 1 to 2 secs.

It doesn’t matter what the temperature is, although it does sound worse when cold, but they all rattle on start up. It sounds worse when it’s been stood for a few days too, but most engines do that for a second or two
  37. Trev H

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

I took mine for its first MOT last week, no problems. The technician pointed out that the front tyres were down to about 2.5mm. He suggested that because of the driving I do, mostly daily commute, that I invest in a pair of Falkens. Better grip in the rain and longer lasting.
  38. Trev H

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

I thank you. :cool:
  39. Trev H

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

I’m a little confused, will 99 Ron still be available?
  40. Trev H

FK8 Not many brand new FK8s left apparently - just ordered mine

Mine, CW, took eight days from deposit to driving. My mate ordered his, red, a week earlier and his took six weeks.
  41. Trev H

FK8 Cold start rattle for 1 to 2 secs.

Yep, I don’t know what it is, but mine does it too.
  42. Trev H

FK8: Minor Electrical Fails Following Car Standing For 4 weeks

I’ve had the TPM warning a few times. You have to reset it three times, I think, and it should be ok.
  43. Trev H

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

Mine is, more or less, my daily. All weathers and conditions. (It’s hilarious on snow and ice). And it’s sat outside at the moment absolutely filthy, which is really pi55ing me off.
  44. Trev H

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

I took mine in for a service on Thursday and the manager mentioned that Honda were considering a 2022 model with hybrid motors, with a, possible, combined 365 bhp, using the 1.5 sport engine and an electric motor. Over to the rumour mill. :lol:
  45. Trev H

I like the idea of a V8
  46. Trev H

Steering wheel questions

Really good https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=local&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiawZqs7_3tAhUs5uAKHQL6DvcQ_BcwAHoECAQQBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontrolcustomsuk.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw0Bc5DNuFiAWrfpxcP2XeXn
  47. Trev H

Might be worth waiting for the 3JZ edition Supra. At least it’ll have a decent engine this time. (Discuss)
  48. Trev H

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

My local Honda dealer, not where I bought mine, wanted to charge me over 90 quid to do it.
  49. Trev H

My local Kwik Fit does the job for free, I don’t know if they all do, but it might be worth checking in the future if you can’t shake the little buggers out.
  50. Trev H

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Start up sequence is start button, auto brake button, stupid run/stop button.
  51. Trev H

FK2 Bespoke Fk2 Car Cover

I used Halfords all seasons cover. It is waterproof and has a soft liner that doesn’t scratch or polish the paintwork.
  52. Trev H

2020 FK8 Sliding cup holder and coin tray missing

Well bugger me! After reading your post, I went and had a look at mine. After two years, I now have two cup holders! :lol:
  53. Trev H

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

I contemplated an I pace, but was put off by the interior. I haven’t even seen inside an E or F pace apart from through the windows.
  54. Trev H

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Cheers guys. Wifey and I are still keen.
  55. Trev H

FK8 rotational thud on full lock

I get that, I try and make the reverse as “shallow” as I can, but it’s still unnerving.
  56. Trev H

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Me and my lad have just been to look at a Pearl white 4C coming up for sale near me soon. Stunning motor, the matt paint sets it off perfectly. How do you find the plastics on the interior of your Guilia? A few comments in the meeja have criticised them for being a bit cheap to the feel?
  57. Trev H

EP3 FK8 Inbound

In my opinion, I would have bought a FK8 GT and then have it wrapped. What a faff.
  58. Trev H

First time alloy wheel refurb - 4 x Honda Penta 17" Alloys

If nothing else, they will be a great replacement for badly kerbed wheels for someone on a budget or a cracking set of winter wheels. Well done.
  59. Trev H

Including the kitchen/bathroom sink! :p
  60. Trev H

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

Beat me to it. :D
  61. Trev H

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

I’ve owned a couple of Alfa’s, but that is a thing of beauty.
  62. Trev H

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

I went from a McRae to a P1. I’d love another.
  63. Trev H

My P1 had Scooby Doo “ghosted” behind the letters and numbers. My boss wasn’t too happy. Mind you, I was a copper at the time! :lol:
  64. Trev H

The British Standard All number plates must conform with the British Standard. By law, each number plate must be marked with the following information: The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d) The name or trade mark of the manufacturer or component supplier. Name and postcode of the...
  65. Trev H

I just hope some bored traffic cop doesn’t give you a ticket for them! :mad:
  66. Trev H

FK8 Gearbox Issues

Fair enough. Remember the days of the “Friday afternoon” car? Sounds like you had one. I suppose it could happen with any car, but good, and better, luck with your next purchase.
  67. Trev H

FK8 Gearbox Issues

Get another.
  68. Trev H

EP3 FK8 Inbound

Mats and a service plan. And yep, run in for 500/600 miles, let the engine and gearbox warm up properly before hooning it and take your time with gear changes, that way you won’t get the dreaded crunch.
  69. Trev H

If you’ve got hill hold selected, you don’t have to take the parking brake off, just drive away. I turn it on when I start up and put the parking brake on when I park at the end of the journey. Simples.
  70. Trev H

Wrapping

Wrap Capital near Exeter. Worth the drive. Have a look at their website.
  71. Trev H

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

Nope, far from it, I just fancied something else. As opposed to the wife, who’s still hankering for a F Type!
  72. Trev H

If I can find a 2020 polished metal then yes.
  73. Trev H

What did you do to your Type R today?

I’ll be doing the same thing, but FK8 for FK8
  74. Trev H

I’ll be looking at pre-facelift models in the new year, hopefully, they should be a little bit cheaper then.
  75. Trev H

EP3 Wee friend for the FK8

Absolutely brilliant little motor. My lad had one. All that power in something that’s the same weight as a dry J cloth.
  76. Trev H

My last seven cars I’ve had on a PCP. Next year I’ll return my CTR for a new one. I’ve also found that other makes will take your car as a deposit on another car too.
  77. Trev H

Why does the rear remind me of a Star Wars stormtroopers helmet?
  78. Trev H

My FK8

When the time comes, (some time next year), this colour is one side of the coin I’ll toss to see which one I get, the other being black, you can keep the blue.
  79. Trev H

Cheers Mark, I’ve got the same washer. Looks like a new lance will be inbound!
  80. Trev H

Hi Mark, Do you use the Autoglym foam lance on your pressure washer? I’ve got Halfords own and it doesn’t put down the same blanket that yours seems to. I thought I’d check before I go out and pay out for the Autoglym lance.
  81. Trev H

EP3 Boost Blue

Probably, the riff raff can’t get near it.
  82. Trev H

EP3 Boost Blue

They’ve had one at Howards Honda in Taunton for a while.
  83. Trev H

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Checked mine, no recall.
  84. Trev H

FK8 A big disappointment

I tried something similar with a M5. Always wanted one, (needed four doors, so no M3), but was really disappointed with the build and the drive, loved the noise though. Tried the AMG 53 Merc, again, lovely noise.
  85. Trev H

FK8 A big disappointment

I drove two demonstrators before buying mine and all three have had no buzzing or vibrations. So far!
  86. Trev H

I took my 18 plate FK8 in yesterday for an A service. On picking it up, the service manager said “DRIVE IT” whilst giving me a Paddington Bear hard stare! 6100 miles. :D
  87. Trev H

Correct. :lol:
  88. Trev H

Has he got one in white?
  89. Trev H

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

I had a XKR before the Civic, so I’m hoping to tempt her with another! :D
  90. Trev H

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

I have to admit to being tempted to get another CTR next year. I’m looking at leasing to see if it’s a good deal or not. But wifey wants a F Type, so we’ll have to wait and see.
  91. Trev H

FK8 Stones. Again!

Tried that, unfortunately, the stones were actually stuck in the holes in the discs and had to be “persuaded” out!
  92. Trev H

FK8 Stones. Again!

So, I dropped the car off at Kwik Fit as planned. They said “We’ll ring you”. One hour later I get the promised call and went to pick my motor up. They explained that they had taken off both front wheels, removed the backing plates, removed a couple of stones from the holes in the disc’s...
  93. Trev H

FK8 Stones. Again!

So does my Kwik Fit fitter! I just think my local dealer is pi55ed off because they didn’t supply the car.
  94. Trev H

FK8 Stones. Again!

Many thanks. Local dealer wants 95 notes!
  95. Trev H

FK8 Stones. Again!

I've got the usual problem of a stone stuck between the disc and shield which I'll dig out myself. Can some kind soul tell me the torque settings for the wheel bolts please?
  96. Trev H

It’s a BMW!
  97. Trev H

FK8 FN2 to FK8 advice

That’s what caught my attention from the get go. Stunning design.
  98. Trev H

FK8 FK8 test drive

A bit crunchy when cold. Slower, three second, gear changes, rather than “racing” changes is the way to go.
  99. Trev H

FK8 FN2 to FK8 advice

If I had to design this type of car for myself, the FK8 would have been the finished article. I just can’t fault it. Yes, they have had some teething problems, gearbox crunch, random electrical problems, but they seemed to have either been ironed out or can be sorted out by a decent dealer.
Back