• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

There is a blue one on Auto Trader for £52,995 with 25 miles on the odometer and it's two owners. How on earth has it racked up two owners in 25 miles?! I've still got an email from the Honda dealer I bought my FK8 from when they were trying to get me to put a deposit on the new one saying they...
  2. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I saw a Blue one around 2 months ago and my friend has bought a CW one, but I haven't met up with him since he's had it yet. Other that that, I mean I barely see any FK8's around let alone FL5's.
  3. The Mighty Clam

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Mark they've got to you! Fight it and resist, be the rebel and get the Type R back! Although I'm sure zee German efficiency and performance vill be acceptable ;)
  4. The Mighty Clam

What have you done?! :oops:
  5. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

But I though Honda said they were making sure the allocations were going to people who were Type R fans and all that stuff, not just 'random car dealer x who rocks up with the cash?' Unless they just simply lied. Also won't it then have an owner on the logbook? If they lied to Honda posing as...
  6. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Silly question, but how is a non-Honda dealer getting a brand new delivery miles FL5?
  7. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Yeah true, I guess if there was a huge chasm of difference between FL5 and FK8 it would be a bit different. Incrementally better, but at £47k and pretty much unavailable I'd be buying an FK8 like a shot. You decided whether you're going for the FL5 Dotty?
  8. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Ah, fair enough - I don't really have knowledge of the ebbs and flows of dealer pricing
  9. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I've just done a WBAC valuation just to see if the announced price of the FL5 has had any impact on FK8 values. To my surprise the amount I was offered has dropped £3000 from a month ago. Tried a couple of other car buying sites and near enough some result. I'd have thought FK8 prices would have...
  10. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Well I'm officially out. No matter how good the FL5 is it's not £20k (for what I paid) better than my FK8. Plus it's lost that crazy madness I love with the 8. It has grown on me and the interior is great, but it's still a bit too unexciting looks-wise. In fact I'm quite glad it's so much more...
  11. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

At £50k surely it would be cheaper to just import one from Japan at £31k plus fees/VAT etc?! I'm still holding on for £39,995 :D:rolleyes:
  12. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I've got my FK8 booked in for a service tomorrow with Honda and they rang me today to double check the appointment and to ask if I want my car valued. I said no, but we got onto the FL5 and they said the UK allocation is only 300 units, countrywide and that the price will be 'fifty-something.' I...
  13. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Even with that positive outcome money wise, I keep wondering if the FL5 will be £12k 'better' than the FK8. No doubt it will be the better car, but is it going to be that much better to justify the change? Be good if it is.
  14. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

According to Malaysian news outlet 'Topteknews,' the FL5 will cost in the region of RM 350k, which is £67,401! This is primarily due to their 30 percent import duty and 80 percent excise duty for 2.0l passenger cars. Blimey. They do include a line in the report that amused me - "As before...
  15. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

I've just heard back from the dealer I purchased my FK8 from who have been in contact with me about placing a deposit on the FL5. I sent them an email over the weekend regarding pricing and they sent this to me (direct quote from the email): "We are thinking it will be around £38k but nothing...
  16. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Yeah very true. £50k would be ludicrous though. Well we shall see, really like the interior of the new one though.
  17. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Excellent Type R-ing Dotty. I spy my Mugen GP alloys ;). I'm on 10 Type R's ( 3 x DC5, 2 x DC2, 2 x FK2, FN2, EP3, FK8) but I owned my FD2 twice! Re: pricing - I can't fathom Honda's strategy if it starts with a 5. You could but a second hand GT-R for that and and have change left. Personally I...
  18. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

17 of those were FK8's weren't they? ;)
  19. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

£50k?! Sod off
  20. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Apparently there are rumours of paddleshift being an option. I can't see that at all. I do like the interior of the new Civic, particularly the honeycomb mesh that goes all the way across. The body style, I don't know - it's not particularly good looking, not particularly mental. I'm sure it...
  21. The Mighty Clam

FL5 New Civic Type R

Apparently the new Type R will be designated the FL5. It will have to do something pretty special for me to chop in the FK8.
  22. The Mighty Clam

Extended Warranty

Just wondered if anyone else has taken up the extended warranty? My FK8 is out of warranty in November and I'm keeping it at least until the 5 year service plan ends. Do you reckon the warranty is worth it for peace of mind?
  23. The Mighty Clam

Back in a Honda first type r

Looks cool, I had a black FK2 - think they've aged really well, still prefer it in some angles to the FK8.
  24. The Mighty Clam

My Polished metal metallic FK8

Looking shiny ;). Mine is currently brown.
  25. The Mighty Clam

Integra Type R DC5, the return.

Thank you, I could have only dreamed of this a few years ago. I have replaced the standard 'yellow' sidelight bulbs for some new white LED ones, keeps it looking fresh.
  26. The Mighty Clam

I took almost the same photo of my black edition. Still prefer the front, but some angles of the FK2 look janky compared to the FK8.
  27. The Mighty Clam

Can't believe I've got my dream Type R 'garage.' After a clean - how do you upload a photo
  28. The Mighty Clam

Well I've gone all out with 'Dotty' levels of modifications... Oh yes, a genuine Honda black washer bottle cap.
  29. The Mighty Clam

Yes third time lucky with the DC5's. I'm over the moon with it, it feels so analogue compared to modern cars and I'd forgotten what screaming an N/A engine into VTEC felt like! The biggest shock is the steering feel, I wasn't prepared for how old school it felt after being used to the more...
  30. The Mighty Clam

Well, it happened. I went mental. The Integra Type R DC5 has always had a special place in my heart. I had one when my dad died in 2012, I also had a different one when my other half informed me of an impending small human arriving in 2016. (This prompted a switch to the four-door FD2 Civic...
  31. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

To clarify - I believe the FK8 is a great car at its normal price point, not the silly inflated prices at the current time. The Peugeot 205 GTI was a rattly, unreliable rust bucket, but that doesn't stop it being one of the greats ;)
  32. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

To think that boost blue one is £20,000 more than what I paid for mine :oops: . I've just had the 1 year anniversary of when I bought my one, can't remember the last time I kept a car for over a year. Carl I can confirm after a year of having an FK8, it is a great car - taking into account the...
  33. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

Wooo, new car day! Congratulations. I was going to go for white but I live out in the sticks a bit so I went for the polished metal as its better for hiding mud but still looks smart.
  34. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

To put the current prices in perspective, last November before the madness I purchased a polished metal 1 owner 2019, (10 months old at the time) FK8 with 4500 miles and 5 year service plan for £27,500. You can see why I was tempted to sell! In the end, I love it, so who cares about money, I'd...
  35. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

:)
  36. The Mighty Clam

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

I can't speak for my FK8, by my FK2 needed a re-gas after just under 3 years due to it being sat around quite a bit . Apparently if the A/C isn't used much it tends to need a re-gas a lot sooner than if it's constantly cycling. Expensive though as it's the new posh gas so it was about £120 or so.
  37. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

Decent result. I was on for £6500 profit in 10 months and I turned it down (paid £27,500 last November, the valuation I booked the appointment on was £34,000). I literally let my heart rule over my money-grabbing head! Also, my Integra DC5 plan might still be on the cards if some stars align.
  38. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

Well after a period of soul searching at Costa's followed by a spirited drive down some country roads, before picking my daughter up, I have decided I can't sell it. I've cancelled the WBAC appointment. It's too good for what I need it for and it's got aspects that are often missing from newer...
  39. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

Yeah although it has only crossed my mind due to the increase in value, not because I'm not enjoying the car. Having second thoughts today, might need to head out to the Costa coffee round the corner, park it in my eyeline and have a proper ponder.
  40. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

I've booked a WBAC appointment for Thursday. What have I done?!
  41. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

My ideal plan would be to keep the FK8 and have a DC5 as a second car to look after and have for a long time that can live in the garage and come out whenever the mood takes. The FK8 would be a daily as it is at the moment. So I would only be replacing the FK8 with the Megane essentially...
  42. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

I'm not really sure what I want really, I love the FK8 but my financial head is leading me at the moment. I want a DC5 again as a car I can keep for a long time, I know it's not that fast comparatively, but it's fast and fun enough for public roads, and it's a special & rare thing. If I were to...
  43. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

I can get a Hyundai I30 N performance and a DC5 Integra for near enough what I've been offered for my FK8. With Carl saying how surprised he was with the Hyundai, Dotty saying he misses his DC5 and me hankering for a DC5 return, a plan is hatching that I need people to talk me out of. Also...
  44. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

Just checked my valuation again, it's up to £33,000 now. That's £5500 more than I paid. Problem is, everything is going for more now, so whatever I buy, unless its old, I'll be giving a few grand more than 12 months ago, so it negates the increase somewhat. Tempting though! Nice to be paid to...
  45. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

I'm 37 so I've got 3 more years of driving around with my silly big wing! I am also very extremely tempted by the Emira, it's been a long time since a sports car has excited me. I too miss my DC5, also my FD2 but I always loved how the Teg looked. I'll get another one day.
  46. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

Golf R / Audi S3 / Merc A-class AMG
  47. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fk8 current values

I just done an updated valuation for mine, £32,000 they've offered! I paid £27,500 last November. Thing is, I really like it and whatever I replace it with will probably depreciate way more then the Type R, so my £4000 profit may well ebb away in depreciation of whatever I replace it with...
  48. The Mighty Clam

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

The Yanks also get a built-in burger grill instead of the tyre inflation gubbins in the boot. Don't forget, we get the Type R pen under the driver's seat...;)
  49. The Mighty Clam

Just done another WBAC quote - it's getting silly now. £30,350 is my latest offer, paid £27,500 in November last year. It's getting very close to my trigger point now, only issue is I really love the car!
  50. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Fuel pump was done earlier today, no issues and all greens on the health check. Lovely smell of petrol in the cabin as mentioned above! Filled up with fuel afterwards and gauge looks fine so hopefully just a one off with the sticky float.
  51. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Great :rolleyes:. Mine is in tomorrow, hopefully it will go fine. Silly question - how did you notice your fuel gauge was reading incorrectly?
  52. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fuel pump recall

I was wondering if they put some more fuel in! Mine's booked for 2nd July.
  53. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fuel pump recall

I can confirm the 2019 model gives the 'whoosh.' I tend to just put the tip of the nozzle in first, allow the whoosh to escape, before full penetration occurs and I deliver the fluid.
  54. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Yeah I will make sure it's nearly dry before dropping it off. Annoyingly I'm nearly on empty at the moment, but need the car for a trip on Saturday so will have to do some calculations to not put too much in! I wonder if when the indicated range reads '0' it's still actually got 30-odd miles...
  55. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Fuel pump recall

I've just had a recall letter come through today to get mine done. Weird it's taken so long as I've had the car since November 2020. Think this topic category got messed up in the forum change as it's labelled as EP3. Anyway, guess a trip to the dealers is in the offing.
  56. The Mighty Clam

But.... I like it!! It has crossed my mind though, up £2k on it for nothing. But then of course I would have to buy something else, which would probably depreciate anyway so might end up losing £2k anyway, just in a different way. I'm planning on possibly getting a Ford Mustang for my 40th...
  57. The Mighty Clam

What's going on with the used market at the minute? Some of the folks over on Pistonheads have been getting some mad valuations for their cars off WBAC. I put my FK8 in to see what they would offer, mine is a 2019 model on 6500 miles and I paid £27,500 in November 2020. WBAC valued it at £29,625!
  58. The Mighty Clam

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Hi bud, I'm just over the River in Rochester. Funnily enough when I was getting the tyres fitted I noticed they had a big swanky Hunter alignment rig right there, so I asked them to check it and subsequently got them to adjust the front and rear as they were both out, the front by some margin...
  59. The Mighty Clam

Well it's all been rescheduled for Friday, blackcircles gave me a goodwill gesture of £15 off for the mess up. It's mad how quickly the front Contis wear down, mine are around 1.5/1.6 mm and the rears are still on 4-5 mm! Almost certainly the Michelins will last longer. Tracking needs doing as...
  60. The Mighty Clam

Well, I attended my appointment at the local tyre place to get my two new front MIchelins fitted and they couldn't find them. After an hour of waiting around while they were on hold to blackcircles, I went home as it was apparent they weren't going to turn up today. Around 5pm I got a call from...
  61. The Mighty Clam

Hi all, good to see the forum back up and running, looks slick. I'm needing two new fronts imminently as I'm engaging the traction control in 3rd gear in dry conditions with warm tyres now! I want to go OEM size with the Michelin PS4s, but I was shocked at the price difference between the same...
  62. The Mighty Clam

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Excellent, the only shame at the moment is the weather is very wet and cold, not the ideal conditions to enjoy the car. But I've found it to be very pleasant to drive when you just want to drive normally, very comfortable, decent interior and a wonderful gear change even just shifting while...
  63. The Mighty Clam

FK8 NYE FK8 treat!

Is today still the big day Zig? Hopefully all has gone well and you are a happy little fish.
  64. The Mighty Clam

Blimey that's a reasonable chunk less than Honda gave me for part-exing my black edition FK2! Good result.
  65. The Mighty Clam

EP3 Engine Management Light came on

Had it's first service yesterday and Honda plugged R2-D2 into it to find out what happened - apparently the fault code was for a camshaft sensor. They tried replicating it but couldn't and all the diagnostics were saying everything is fine, the engine timing is correct, no issues. They said it...
  66. The Mighty Clam

Haha :smt104. Well, the previous owner was Honda so I bloody hope not!
  67. The Mighty Clam

Yes I've been doing mostly short journeys picking the childling up from school every other day in the dark, then it sits around for 2/3 days over the last few weekends due to not being allowed out. There is no low battery warning though and it's not been struggling to start. I took it out last...
  68. The Mighty Clam

Not modded, the car seems to tick over and rev fine but I'll speak to Honda tomorrow and see what they advise, warning has gone, it idles and revs completely normally, no warning lights or anything. The metallic noise sounded more like something rattling like a heat shield or exhaust, rather...
  69. The Mighty Clam

Evening all. Not very happy at the minute, just went to pick my daughter up from school, fired up the car and there was a reasonably loud metallic rattle followed by the dash lighting up like a christmas tree with the "ACC" logo illuminated, the two cars hitting each other logo coming on then...
  70. The Mighty Clam

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I have to say I echo the Michelin PS4S comments - I had two new fronts on my FK2 in August (annoyingly only did about 1k miles before I accidently bought an FK8.) and the grip and warm-up was so much better than the Continentals in cold, wet conditions. Now in my FK8, the Continentals are just...
  71. The Mighty Clam

EP3 Back with an FK8

I'm thinking of getting mine ceramic coated too, how much did yours cost Pingu? I still don't like red cars but that looks bloody amazing!
  72. The Mighty Clam

FK8 FK8 incoming

Nice, I don't really like red cars but the red and black looks really good.
  73. The Mighty Clam

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Mrs Clam has an FN2, the clutch pedal drives me up the wall! Getting in that car, compared to the FK8 feels like a 2CV compared to a Rolls Royce in terms of ride quality. It's still an excellent bang-for-your-buck choice though at the prices they are currently, and arguably - very arguably, it...
  74. The Mighty Clam

I've taken the car out again and got an exact reading on the vibration. It happens at 3700 rpm in 3rd gear and sounds like it's coming from in front of me, possibly the speaker or the dash surround, but pushing and poking everything while keeping it vibrating didn't reveal what it is. Might pop...
  75. The Mighty Clam

FK8 FK8 incoming

Nice one - glad you've had a happy new car day! Take a look at my mini-review here, from my FK8 thread https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?105815-I-might-be-about-to-go-mad-and-get-an-FK8/page9. Most of what I found to be improved is the same as what you have described, I only...
  76. The Mighty Clam

FK8 FK8 incoming

Re: things to look out for when driving away, I didn't find out until a few days later that you didn't have to put your foot on the brake then release the electronic handbrake every time. You can just drive off and it disengages automatically. Dotty - I believe Torque GT have taken over the FD2...
  77. The Mighty Clam

FK8 FK8 incoming

I've milled around on the DC2, DC5 and FD2 forums so I've probably seen you about. Congrats on the impulse buy! I kind of impulse bought mine a couple of weeks ago. Traded my FK2 black edition with a deal I couldn't refuse. They are still allowing car pickups at the moment then?
  78. The Mighty Clam

EP3 FK8 Inbound

I wish they had gone more hardcore with it personally. Like the Megane R26.R or the 911 GT3 - rollcage in the back, harnesses, titanium exhaust, Perspex rear windows, thin door cards etc. But to not do all that, and then not have the satnav/stereo would annoy me intensely. If they had gone...
  79. The Mighty Clam

Yeah but has it got a rear wiper? No. Automatic disqualification. Seriously though, I'm glad it exists and I'm glad Toyota went mad, I think it will make a very good used buy in a couple of years.
  80. The Mighty Clam

I wish Mrs Clam would let me do that.
  81. The Mighty Clam

Drifting is for people who want to go slowly round corners ;)
  82. The Mighty Clam

Yeah I've had a look at a couple of YouTube vids, seems straightforward enough. I think I'll be able to manage it, despite my fists of ham and my fingers of butter.
  83. The Mighty Clam

I'll probably try and fit the filter at the weekend, no doubt being a new car it will be an engine out job. :p Also might have to put a Type R boot mat on my Xmas list.
  84. The Mighty Clam

Present received from garysan today, great stuff mate, thanks very much =D>
  85. The Mighty Clam

I very nearly bought another P1 about a year ago after I sold my first FK2. It was a one owner, 64k mile example with full service history. It was being sold on a no reserve auction on ebay on behalf of a recently deceased uncle, by his nephew. I went and test drove it, had a full on poke...
  86. The Mighty Clam

Ah fellow past P1 owner :D. I was the sad git that had a teddy Scooby in the back of mine. It now lives on top of the dvd unit! Think this needs a pic. Had two P1's and a couple of years ago a 2005 WRX Sti widetrack model.
  87. The Mighty Clam

No I can't stand tossing about with plates, hate the tinted ones as well. I really want to drive my new car, but I work from home and can't think of an legit excuse to go on a blast! I brimmed it with petrol just before lockdown and we have enough food. Apart from spaghetti.....hmm...
  88. The Mighty Clam

Yeah, I know what you mean. I once got tugged in my Impreza P1 as it had an aftermarket front mounted intercooler and the big number plate obstructed the airflow so that the car would run hot, so I had a small one. Mr Policeman was cool though, think he was more interested in the car.
  89. The Mighty Clam

I see, well I couldn't find any of that on the gov site. I'm sure plod isn't going to be too concerned about a missing postcode! Still, my number plates are now not affixed with screws, maybe an anal plod would have pulled me for that!
  90. The Mighty Clam

Why would they? It's standard plate size, conforming to the BS 145d standard, it's got an official manufacturer logo on (my other half's FN2 has this logo on her original dealer plates) and you don't have to have a blue GB / UK badge if you don't want to. Being super-anal, I've actually made my...
  91. The Mighty Clam

Much better number-plating. My OCD monkey has been fed.
  92. The Mighty Clam

Yeah I'll have a look into that, might be worth it for a more undisturbed air feed. Got my new plates already, went for a subtle logo that looks kind of manufacturer standard without being too knobbish.
  93. The Mighty Clam

No, I know the engine was rebuilt by Steve Rivett, Clio cup champion and now BTCC driver Paul Rivett's father. There were photos of Paul driving my RX-7 on a track day on his driver coaching website. I actually straight swapped it for an Impreza P1.
  94. The Mighty Clam

That's exactly why I sold mine before anything expensive happened! I always wanted one as a kid, scratched the itch and then got rid before chaos ensued.
  95. The Mighty Clam

Sounds good, although annoying when you're not in the mood. You can pick them up so cheap now. I'll see your RX-8 and raise you a very lightly modified RX-7! 370Bhp. Complete pain in the arse.
  96. The Mighty Clam

Thank you garysan, didn't even let me pick up postage, what a gent :smt038. I have had a look at a couple of YouTube videos of before and after the K&N filter has been added, it does seem to make the 'tshhhhh' a bit louder, so that will do me. I'm actually quite happy with the exhaust sound, I'm...
  97. The Mighty Clam

That's awesome mate, thank you very much! You sure you don't want anything for it? At least let me get the postage? I'll DM you :smt038
  98. The Mighty Clam

Yes Mrs Clam has an FN2 Type R. I'm not getting old and fat, but blimey the ride is harsh! Not FD2 harsh, just kind of rudimentary. Looks great still though, I think the FN2 has aged really well. I don't think I'll be doing anything with the intake properly just yet, possibly a K&N filter...
  99. The Mighty Clam

Couple of pics, really does look mental in the flesh.
  100. The Mighty Clam

Stupid b*stard piece of s**t satnav!! Good to see some things never change. Ended up stuck in a traffic jam that seemed to stretch from Wimbledon to Coulsdon! Anyway, made it back now. Very First impressions: what have I done?! Electric handbrake is annoying, why do you have to put your foot on...
Back