• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

FL5 FK8 to FL5?

There isn't a lot of discussion on the FL5 but I recently asked on this thread, see page 12 onwards https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/new-civic-type-r.81785/page-12
  2. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Afternoon Matt, That’s an excellent real-world owner review, just what I was hoping to read I’ve read a few times now of new cars having various warning systems that beep and can't be disabled. This is a maddening feature of our new dumbed-down world. The 2024 BMWs suffer from this now that...
  3. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Very few owners on the site it seems which is a shame. So even less likely that a member has mapped their car? The new Aerial Nomad uses the FL5 engine and due to less compromised packaging, makes 400hp. A remapped FL5 would be a pretty safe bet and a lot of fun...
  4. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Possibly a bit tame looking but its the drive and dependability that's most important. A white FL5 panted as above would do me.
  5. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

I look forward to your write up, Matt. 4k for an insurance claim with no body issues, I am thinking safety system or underbody electronics perhaps? It amazes me that you are the only owner to post your opinion on the car which is probably the best Type R made, on a forum dedicated to exactly that.
  6. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Just cosmetic, white wheels and the spoiler blade which is normally black is now body colour too.
  7. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

The FL5 gets universal praise but little on here, this being the only thread I can find, is that because of price or some other reason? We've had five faultless and fun years from our FK8 - a record for us. As retirement beckons my thoughts have turned to what car do I want in the future and...
  8. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

That's not bad Glyn, the expected strong resale takes a fair bit of risk out of it. Getting one is a different matter though.
  9. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

go on tell us :) I would guess at 12k down and >£500pcm?
  10. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Seems likely that's the price then, Honda said there was going to be an announcement on Nov 30 and this was posted a few minutes after midnight. 47k is great for FK8 owners, but probably not for prospective buyers though!
  11. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

I thought I saw on Pistonheads that UK pricing was going to be released on Oct 27th but I am yet to read anything. Would you pay £45k plus for one?
  12. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

Thats a great price Mark, what year ,mileage is your car, I am guessing 2019/20 for such a good offer? If rumours that the FL5 could break 50k prove true, you can add another £5k to that.
  13. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

I wonder if the new CTR is going to be £50k now that the pound has lost another 10% in a week, and is now being viewed as a developing market currency. Crazy!
  14. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

£46k, that's great for FK8 owners :cool: I would rather have an M240i Xdrive for that sort of money.
  15. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

With the massive increase in manufacturing costs and the failing £/$ XE, it may be challenging for this to come in under £40k. The FK8 will stay regardless, it's a fantastic second car so we will keep it for that purpose. I see no compelling reason to buy the new blander for the US market model.
  16. M

FL5 New Civic Type R

The whole market has moved up so £40k doesn't surprise me. An M3 with a few options is now £90k. so it feels like fair value to me, provided Honda delivers a worthy successor to the FK8.
  17. M

Car Quote Challenge

What's the challenge - if you are more expensive, then what?
  18. M

FK8 Fk8 current values

Good decision, our 2018 has been a fantastic car. What colour?
  19. M

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

Liking the look of this. I hope they have managed to keep the mass the same as the FK8 and give the engine a bit of a tickle, it has the potential to be a good car. The interior looks like a good step up.
  20. M

FK8 Fk8 current values

Ours has edged up on Motorway, now at £30.5k for a 2018 model which is the highest it has been. May look to sell early next year so keeping one eye on the market.
  21. M

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

it looks nicely proportioned but I wonder if it is even bigger now. When is the public release, does anyone know?
  22. M

FK8 Fk8 type r pistonheads buyers guide

Not a bad article but quite speculative on values.
  23. M

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

It is quite hard to fathom why. The red & yellow combo is not particularly nice. If it drags up the values of the regular CTR though I am ok with it.
  24. M

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

It's yellow though! It's not like the FK8 needed a loud colour to make it stand out. :rolleyes:
  25. M

Other Acura Integra Type R

How can you tell, I only saw a headlight?
  26. M

New Honda Civic unveiled

I wonder how much fat it will put on. It looks ok but is possibly too large for me.
  27. M

New Honda Civic unveiled

What a dull looking car. Hard to get too excited by what a Type R may look like from such a boring starting point.
  28. M

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

First I have heard of the FK8 being made in Japan. That would appear to require a massive investment and it's hard to see where the ROI would come from,. Perhaps the next model Type R will be, should Honda make one. I could be tempted into a new one though if it did actually happen.
  29. M

The market is nuts for all cars, a rising tide lifts all boats, etc. The FK8 has always had excellent resale so I expect prices for it to be strong. The factory must be close to finished making Type R's so supply is limited and that's without Covid disruption and chip shortages.
  30. M

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Oh that's good then as the Mrs informs me that's where we are going for a week in August. I knew we were going to Dorset, it looks like it's going to be a winner then :D
  31. M

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Nice photos Mark, where is the last photo taken?
  32. M

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Yes, we have had this failure three times and another has failed recently. A ridiculous problem that they seem unable to fix for good.
  33. M

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

We are close to Conwy so please let me know when you will be visiting. I like Misano but not too sure I want to live with it and agree, way too many red Quads around and I just can't get excited about the colour. It also limits your interior colour options too. There is another tricolour...
  34. M

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Good morning, Thanks for your kind offer, we are in North Wales so unfortunately, it looks like we are about 2hrs apart. I agree on the M5, it would be ballistic but not really a driver's car. It is too large for our needs too. There aren't a lot of real world pics of Montreal Green around but...
  35. M

FK8 Which FK8 - Pre-Facelift vs Facelift?

I thought you might like to watch this review of the updated FK8 from a great YouTube channel. They get properly into the technical differences. But to answer your question, I don't see £10k in it, the fake sound and vent appendages are not improvements either.
  36. M

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

I have just re-read this thread because a QF is at the top of my list for my next car. I have mulled over a lot of cars - AMG GT, BMW M5 Competition, Nissan GT-R, AMG E63s, Evora GT430, etc but when I weigh it all up, the QF seems for my needs to be the best allrounder. Easily the best looking...
  37. M

We changed a fob battery a couple of weeks ago. Worked straight away. I am but stumped as to what your issue may be.
  38. M

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

Some kind of hybrid is certainly possible as Honda has the experience of the NSX to draw upon.
  39. M

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

Seems the factory is in/out of suspensions in operations. Brexit is casuing JIT delays and Covid must be a nightmare to risk manage. I hope the factory hangs in there and the Japanese don't shut shop early as the temptation to do so must be growing. Given those difficulties, the probabilty of a...
  40. M

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

I have been tempted by a Quad in the past but the dealer network anecdotally is regarded as *****. It looks like your first experience with them doesn't do much to dispell that. Lovely car though and in a great colour.
  41. M

A new Type R, I certanly wasn't expecting that! It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. The LE doesnt interest me, I dont want to give up features to save a few kg, give me more power. Honda developed a map with Superchips, how about using it on a run out edition along with a few...
  42. M

Been pondering this for a while. Our FK8 is a brilliant car and the only thing I would chop it in for is a runout/end of the line special edition. Does anyone know when the factory is set to close next year and if there is any chance at all we may see something special from Honda?
  43. M

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

I wonder if they were built pre shutdown.
  44. M

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

When COVID hit I really expected Honda to shut shop permanently in the UK since they plan on closing in 2021 anyway. I wonder if an updated 2020 model will materialise especially since there are none around and the website hasn't been updated. OP - we are 12 mths behind you on our PCP and I...
  45. M

FK8 FK8 test drive

No issues with ours after 15k miles. I too read about a few gearbox issues so was quite sensitive to any perceived crunching etc but it has been perfect. I wouldn't let this put you off buying a new car as the odds are in your favour and you will likely be fine. Interesting comments on...
  46. M

FK8 Anybody with an FK8 own or owned a Nissan GT-R?

As always great info, thanks Nymph. The tyre and brake prices seem very expensive, I assume your Dad is using top of the line replacements as I can see from a quick look on Litchfield's site that they need not cost anything like that. If I buy a GT-R it will be 3 yrs old so servicing will be...
  47. M

Thanks for the insightful responses. VTECMatt, I suspect you are right about the novelty of the GT-R's straight line performance. I can see how the acceleration fun may wane over time and then other apsects of the car may start to grate a little. Reading your experience fits with what I have...
  48. M

I am hoping we have a few owners of the GT-R on the forum. I am thinking about an MY17 onwards GTR as a second car, while I love almost everything about the GT-R I have a niggling doubt over the car losing the buzz after a while. In my mind the Type R and GT-R make for a kind of best of both...
  49. M

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

I don't know if Honda will restart as they were closing down next year anyway. I have seen it speculated that many of the manufacturers halted production and haven't paid their suppliers to conserve their cash to try and save themselves. The car industry is going to be decimated by the time this...
  50. M

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

What a lame response, its not even a proper sentence. It would be hard to write something more vague and less reassuring. Clowns.
  51. M

I am getting nowhere with North Wales Honda regarding the warranty terms which is telling in itself, but they did provide this dyno chart Dyno by Simon Gee, on Flickr
  52. M

I am not getting too far on the warranty situation either but will keep pushing Sam. I have been provided with a dyno chart which shows the map mirrors the stock tune to 2700rpm then offers rapidly increasing torque and better power - headline figures are + 40hp and 88Nm. The increase in...
  53. M

Let me know what they say and I will try and drop in later this week and ask a few questions too. They are into the rally scene and often have modded cars out the front or in for work so they may be a bit more savvy than your typical dealer. Fortunatley, they are walking distance for us.
  54. M

The dealer is in Llandudno - https://www.northwaleshonda.co.uk/ I think it was the DP I was speaking too. he was praising the increased mid-range punch and improved fuel economy. It could almost pay for itself!
  55. M

Never for a minute have I contemplated modding our FK8, that was until last week when I dropped into the local dealer to book the car in for some warranty work. The Manager started promoting a £400 remap from Superchips, I asked about the warranty situation and was told the dealer covered it and...
  56. M

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Thanks for the link Fat, I will do some reading. Perhas the CTR will go out with a bang in 2021 with a special, that will be good timing for a new car. I love our FK8, I dont know what else could compare that does everything as well as it does. Cheers
  57. M

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Kind of disappointing, I guess this is the last FK8 we will see before production ceases next year. The plastic fins on the front and rear bumpers just seem like lazy design that makes an already heavily styled car even more so. Is this likely to be the last CTR or has there been speculation...
  58. M

FK8 Honda closing Swindon plant

That cannot happen. A clause in the Japan-EU FTA prohibits Japan form making a deal better with a third country than what it has with the EU, unless the EU agrees. This is a pretty standard mechanism in modern trade deals and is the reason why the claims made by our lying politicians that we can...
  59. M

FK8 FK8 values

Just paid 30k for a July 2018 demo with 1000 miles on the clock, 5yr service + 5yrs warranty. best deal I could find in the colour we wanted. I think resale on these is strong, the market will never be flooded by cars on cheap finance so its only people who really want a CTR that take the plunge...
  60. M

FK8 New member and soon to be R owner

We agreed a pretty good deal on a demo FK8 this week in our preferred colour Polished Metal. We should collect it in about ten days time. Looks like you are now stuck with me lurking :D
  61. M

I will probably go a PCH or loan as the resale is so strong. You could be right that it's too early for the camo cars. Will push on the dealer and see what they know, but usually, they know less than the net!
  62. M

Thats true dweezle. I wonder how long it will be until this is revealed.
  63. M

Thanks guys :D Drivethedeal are offering about £2700 off. Waiting for our local dealer to come back to me with their offer but if I can find a deal I am happy with will be looking to place an order within weeks, hence why I am keen to get the updated model since it must be close. The changes are...
  64. M

Morning forum, I have lurked for several months now absorbing a lot of great info while thinking about a Type R. Realising I need a CTR in my life we will soon be buying an FK8 after going through the FK2 vs FK8 debate like many on here. Just looking at new vs used at the moment. As a...
Back