• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. F

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

Hi Marc, Haynes Auto fix/diagnostic 2015/16 Honda Civic Type r . Just looked online.
  2. F

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

HI Marc 4242, No I didn't. But since I have been told that you can buy them online. however i decided not to progress to get one . I'm not in a position to do any work myself being a young 71 years young and have Got a really good mechanic who if I need anything doing I can rely on. The fk2...
  3. F

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

Hi marc4242, initially I was involved in the thread re the intro of E10 and was not sure myself , but a few months on I did establish that you can use E10 as it is rated at 95 Ron. The fk2 handbook clearly states that the k20cl engine in the 2015/16 fk2 is tuned to run on 95 Ron or higher...
  4. F

FK2 The 100k mile FK2!

Really glad to hear you got the problem sorted. But it's I suppose typical that you can't just buy the bushes. Maybe a good marketing opportunity for someone to have such bushes manufactured and sell them to owners of the fk2 as it's mileage approaches the 100000 mark. Regards Fred.
  5. F

Passengers side window not working after stripping ep3

No your not stupid, anyone can overlook things like that. Sometimes even the simplest of things get overlooked, just now and again it helps to have someone else's input. Glad you got it sorted and I'm pleased it worked. Regards Fred.
  6. F

Passengers side window not working after stripping ep3

Have you checked the childproof switch that stops the windows from working from the drivers control switch.? From what you're saying It would point to something that controls both passenger windows. As it's affecting both. Hope this is it. Regards Fred.
  7. F

FK2 The 100k mile FK2!

I think every fk2 owner should read this as this is really good news and testament to Honda the car reliability and it's engine. It also shows that Honda have got it bang on when it comes to having no carbon build up on the inlet valves as it's an issue with other makes of car. I hope you get...
  8. F

FK2 The 100k mile FK2!

Hi, I've just read your posting and having only 26000 miles in my fk2 I can't offer any advice on coilovers and I don't know of any fk2 owner that has changed to them. New shock absorbers come in at around £600 a corner, however I'm sure you will know that they are active and are...
  9. F

2015 Type R - hard starting issues

Glad to be of help. I've never driven a car as fast and it outhandles many other performance cars. That's down to the excellent mechanical limited slip differential on the front and of course the chassis. Up to 2500 rpm the VTEC is on and when reaching 2500 the turbo takes over up to 4500 rpm...
  10. F

Hi Dave, following on from my last comment, the 2015 Honda civic type R fk2 is designed to run on 95 Ron petrol which is currently E10. Which has 10% ethanol 90% petrol . I have continued to put in E5 which is 95% petrol and 5% ethanol. ethanol gives less energy than petrol so that's why I...
  11. F

Hi Dave, There is a fuel filter on the 2015 Honda civic type R otherwise referred to the honda civic fk2. It's an internal fuel filter it's code is p2 . It is located under the Central console the plastic part incorporating the armrest and goes over the handbrake. That is taken off and then...
  12. F

FK2 FK2 Wheel Spacers

Spacers on a fk2? What are you thinking a big no no. Ball joints and wheel bearings will be shot in no time, the laws of the lever come into play here. Honda have designed the suspension set up based on the wheel bearings and ball joints based on the current load and 8.5j wheels as well...
  13. F

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Hi , I'm not sure but is the fk8 washer jets the same as the fk2 /9th gen Civic. My wife had her civic in for service last week and her nozzles both had problems with the jets, which were greatly reduced. So I ordered 2 new ones from Cox Honda. So when my wife picked her car up. The mechanic...
  14. F

FK2 Tyres Continental sport contact 7 Or Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 235/35/R19/91Y /XL

Thank you for the reply and information. Regards Fred.
  15. F

FK2 Tyres Continental sport contact 7 Or Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 235/35/R19/91Y /XL

Help required from fk2 Drivers. HI everyone, I am currently deciding which one of the above tyres to buy. I've read the reviews on the above and the continental tyre currently holds this No1 position which is a Sept 21 tyre with all the latest technology incorporated. The Pilot Sport 4 S...
  16. F

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Mot fail? The rubber rim protection, unless it's damaged the sidewall should be ok as the rim protector is extra rubber that juts out to protect the rim if this has slight damage I don't see how it can effect the mot. As said above if the sidewall is damaged it will be a fail. Regards Fred
  17. F

EP3 Ebay parts

Best not to risk it. You need to get all your Honda parts from Cox Honda in Morecambe. They're extremely competitive on price also give members on here 5% extra discount you need to give them your membership details from here and once registered with them you'll get the discount on your...
  18. F

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

I just wonder if it has something to do with hard water?? as this can furr up the hole. I'm not sure but a few years back I read something whereby an additive to the washer reservoir stops hard water in the nozzle from furring it up.Regards Fred
  19. F

FK8 Polished Metal Paintwork

Hi I run a civic fk2 in polished metal metallic and I would recommend using Autoglym Super resin polish, gives a fantastic shine and lustre. The only thing you have to be careful when applying it is don't put it on tiny stone chips,hopefully you won't have any,as it will {0dry white and show...
  20. F

Shell V Power DONT USE

Yes I use Sainsbury's e5 97 ron. At the beginning of July the Brent crude barrels fell to their lowest and the big supermarkets did not reflect this and then by only a few p/litre.It wasn't until the privately run petrol stations were selling petrol and diesel at around 15 to 20p/litre less than...
  21. F

FK2 Safe wheel cleaner

I think the problem re cleaning the wheels is the carbon from the pads it's hard to get off.Also on the corner of the wheel spokes the bits of abrasive that do actually come off from braking adhere whilst quite hot to the corner of the spokes which can affect the paint and or cover over the...
  22. F

Shell V Power DONT USE

I run a civic fk2 and when e10 became the standard unleaded I put in super unleaded 99 ron, immediately I got approx 5-6mpg more than e5 but because it was quite a lot more in cost and the fact that the fk2 is tuned to run on 95 Ron I took the view that I was paying for 99ron which wouldn't give...
  23. F

Do i need the arches rolled ???

be careful with spacers as the greater the load on your It's not a good idea to fit spacers. The larger the spacer the larger the leverage becomes. This reduces the life of the wheel bearing as they are not made to take leverage forces and can wear faster,increasing rolling resistance and...
  24. F

2009 FN2 GT 34K Water in Lower Boot Well.

There's a great video on YouTubeof how to fix all the issues of water ingress into the boot. Regards Fred.
  25. F

Bird poo etching into clearcoat

Recently there was a blob of bird poo on my pristine Civic type R fk2's bonnet.I got a sponge cloth, an aqua pur sponge cloth which can be purchased from Lidl and soaked it with warm water. The blob was mustard colour, I carefully started dabbing the blob gently so the warm water would soak...
  26. F

FK2 Fk2 wheels refurbish

Does anyone know if the standard wheels on a fk2 civic can be refurbished? Just recently I've noticed just in the corner of the spokes there looks like what appears to be the paint wearing off, or is it as someone suggested the effects of really hot particles of the brake pads coming off and...
  27. F

FK2 Gearbox oil change

Sorry to hear you've had problems with your gearbox, if I had I probably would do the same as you have. I must be one of the fk2 owners that hasn't had any issues and long may it continue. Mine is one of the first off the production line and I've read that the early ones manufactured had less...
  28. F

FK2 Gearbox oil change

So on the basis of what you are saying, why do you think Honda recommend 75000 miles transmission oil change? If what you say, there would be nothing left of the gearbox in a matter of a few years. Honda's manual gearbox on the fk2 and previous type R's are the best in the business. So are you...
  29. F

FN2 Flat spot when the wheel goe's round when jacked up

If you get shaking from side to side , that would indicate it's coming from the back of the car. Front wheels shaking side to side normally indicates warped discs, but if you've had new ones they shouldn't do that. Have you bumped one of the front wheels at any time.I would suggest taking your...
  30. F

I'm not sure what you mean by flat spot when the car is jacked up.? Is the shaking through the car that's you can feel it through your seat? Or can you feel the shaking through the steering wheel.when there is some shaking does the steering wheel shake left and right quickly? If the cars smooth...
  31. F

FK2 Gearbox oil change

On Hi, Just looked it up online for the Honda civic type r ep3. Honda recommends gearbox oil change at 75000 miles. They wouldn't recommend this if it needed it sooner. A manual gearbox oil has astronomical lubricating abilities for incredible amounts of time.Also there's practically no...
  32. F

Sometimes this has been found to be the tyres. Not all tyres suit all cars . They can be like cheese and chalk. Look elsewhere on this forum as there is a large thread on tyres. I hope you get it sorted. Regards Fred.
  33. F

FK2 Gearbox oil change

No Honda recommend changing the transmission lubricant ( gearbox oil) for the 2.00 Honda civic type R fk2 every 6 years or 75000 miles. As for the lubricant use the Honda. For information on any lubricants for the fk2 just go online and type in Cox Honda fluid capacities and it will take you...
  34. F

Dealer behaviour

Find yourself a local well recommended honest Garage . One that does mot's, and agree to fitting original Honda parts and charge you labour for fitting them. Also their labour charges should be miles less than Honda. I believe the current dealers charge over £100+ per hour. Should you require...
  35. F

FK2 FK2 general discussion

36. F

FK2 Fuel Filter Location

There is a video on YouTube for the fn2. Just out of interest what sort of miles have you done to be changing the fuel filter?
  37. F

Can you help me identify the previous owners mods?

Have you tried contacting the previous owner. I'm sure you can find out. Which would be your solution. Regards Fred.
  38. F

FK2 Fuel Filter Location

I have looked in the past for the location of the fuel pump. But looking at the filter for an fk2 I can only think of it being in the same place as the fn2. regards Fred.
  39. F

Can you help me identify the previous owners mods?

60's That's nothing! I run a fk2 gt polished metal metallic complete with a red rally pack that consists of red garnish surrounding the front grill ,red mirror covers ,red garnish on the rear corners. Plus a red roof spoiler that's screwed and bonded to the roof that definitely will not come...
  40. F

Finally fulfilled my dream of owning a FK2 Type R!!

If you follow the instructions from the above video and or my explanation you will be able to reset the system. Just take it slowly look at the video while you're doing it or reading my explanation you'll do it !. I Look forward to your reply that it's sorted . Regards.
  41. F

Finally fulfilled my dream of owning a FK2 Type R!!

To reset tyre pressure monitoring system (tpms) After you've put air into the cars tyres and you get a warning/ or you get a warning when you're driving do the following once parked up. On the steering wheel, press info-then press menu-then click on vehicle information-scroll down-click on...
  42. F

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

Hi Carl, many thanks for your reply. Yes I know I can use e10 in my fk2 but I also know that e10 is hygroscopic and attracts moisture (water) so not good for the fuel tank?in addition to this e10 having 5% more ethanol (alcohol) than e5 will give less energy so the output will be less than...
  43. F

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

I've recently read with interest an Article covered by Auto Express about the fk8 and that the only engine available is the 2 litre dfi turbo and is basically the same engine as in the fk2 but tuned to develop 10bhp more thanks to the new exhaust system. It goes on to say,Honda has tuned the...
  44. F

Mileage

You need to take your car to a good mechanic, who can do the checks on the engine and transmission. Brakes fluids etc. Is the engine using oil? Have you had the gearbox oil changed, I would have thought you would have by now? A visual check under the car .This would give an indication as to...
  45. F

Limp mode FK2 TYPE R

It's a real shame they didn't change the ECU first. I'm really glad for you , now you can drive a fk2 with a smile on your face. All the best and enjoy! Regards Fred.
  46. F

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

I thought we were talking about the fk8 even though I run an fk2 doesn't mean we can't talk about an fk8 and have knowledge of the k20c1 engine which are the same in both the fk2 and fk8 with the exception that the fk8 develops more hp due to the retuned exhaust, the torque remains the same...
  47. F

Well after all has been said. I decided to fill up last Tuesday and went to my local Esso station and went with the idea of putting e5 97 Ron in, however when I got there what was available was E10 at 95ron or e5 supreme unleaded 99 Ron priced at 10p/ltr more than E10 which I didn't think was...
  48. F

FK8 Keyless entry not working

Are you sure you've put the right battery in and if so just look at the expiry date on the back of the blister pack. Have you tried first press lock even if it's locked ,then press unlock. As said above if it's the remote you would get a message saying please hold your key nearer to the...
  49. F

FK2 Auto Stop Start Issues

To be honest, everytime I get in my fk2 type r GT I press the disable switch on the stop start as I don't use it daily so it only gets charged up maybe once a week or maybe once a fortnight. Also I know the battery is higher rated than a battery on a car without stop start, but I'm not too...
  50. F

FK2 Auto Stop Start Issues

Hi The engine stop/start is only available when the battery is fully charged. It is disabled when in +R . If you don't run you car every day it just needs a good run to put some charge into the battery,then it should work. Regards Fred.
  51. F

Yes you're absolutely right, I've very recently spoken to a technical guy, high up in the UK Petrol retailers association who informed me that the UK e10 fuel due to be rolled out in September is blended to specifically be 95 Ron. So thats it from the horse's mouth so to speak.
  52. F

Further to the above, I emailed Goodwood.com asking them where they got their information from after I spoke to Honda UK and did they know something I didn't. They never had the courtesy to reply.
  53. F

E10 petrol

If in doubt, why not ring Honda UK and ask them the question about the o rings they will speak to their technical department and get an answer and contact you. Regards Fred.
  54. F

E10 petrol

According to Honda UK any Honda after 1996 is compatible with E10. I rang Honda UK and that is what they told me, in addition I asked them to confirm this by sending me an email which they did. I very much doubt they would say this if there was any risk to your fuel lines. If anyone has any...
  55. F

FK2 Speed bump noise when slightly too fast.

Hi, I went over one of Asdas huge speed bumps, they're kinda very steep and I got what sounded like a metallic clunk! Which seemed to eminate from the near side front. So I took my polished metal metallic type r to my mates garage and had it up on the ramps and went through the underside with a...
  56. F

FK2 Satnav in fk2

yes I'm in a fk2 9th gen but me and my wife looked and looked at settings it's I think a matter of just trying things out. I'm sure when I got it it was too loud and turned it down but a bit too much,now I can't get it back up to where I want it to be.It doesn't help when I've lost my high...
  57. F

FK2 Satnav in fk2

Many thanks!
  58. F

FK2 Satnav in fk2

Many thanks!
  59. F

FK2 Satnav in fk2

Many thanks!
  60. F

Hi I've, spoken to Honda GB today with regard to the new E10 fuel due to be introduced from the 1st of September this year. I've had verbal and email confirmation that the 2015 Honda civic Type R fk2 is compatible with the fuel. In addition to this I also spoke to the Petrol retailers...
  61. F

FK2 Satnav in fk2

Does any member know how to turn the volume up of the satnav.Ive looked all over the settings in the infotainment and can't find how. It's not straightforward. Regards Fred.
  62. F

FK2 Fk2 6yrs/75000 miles service

Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. Regards Fred.
  63. F

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

Does any member know where I can get an fk2 Workshop Manual from? Regards Fred.
  64. F

FK2 Fk2 6yrs/75000 miles service

Hi fellow members, My Fk2 is just 6yrs old this month and due it's 6th service. Mileage covered 22700. My fk2 is on the non variable servicing schedule and have been reading the schedule to see what I need. I'm ok with most parts required, however I'm not sure on a few things and am asking if...
  65. F

FK2 Brake bleed correct sequence

Does any member know in what order you should bleed the brakes on the fk2, and how much brake fluid do I need to do a complete change?.
  66. F

Hi I looked in my type r's handbook yesterday and it says my car is compatible with E10 fuel but the Ron value must be min 95Ron. No less. This is where the problem arises to me is that if after searching a lot online for the Ron rating of E10 and it keeps saying 94 Ron. Yet running a honda...
  67. F

I can't understand why every time I do a Google search and ask the question,in the UK what Ron is the new incoming E10 and everytime I get the answer 94Ron I did get 91 -94 a few times but after reading 91 is in Australia. As you've said E10 is blended from petrol and ethanol but I still can't...
  68. F

Hi I've just read online that e10 is not s substitute for premium unleaded petrol and if your car requires 95 or 98 Ron then e10 should not be used. If you look online it comes up time and time again. I have always put what the manufacturer has said and what's on the fuel filler flap on the car...
  69. F

In the UK now at the pumps premium unleaded fuel is the standard fuel with 5% ethanol and is 95 Ron fact, so how can petrol with 10% which is 5% more ethanol e10 be rated at 95 Ron?
  70. F

I read with great interest. However Honda states all its cars are compatible with e10 fuel with pgm-f1 which is Honda's proprietary fuel injection system for port engines. However the fk2 and fk8 are direct fuel injection so are not compatible. Also e10 fuel Ron is 91-94 Ron and cars rated with...
  71. F

From what I've read online e10 fuel is rated between 91 and 94 Ron . The fk2 and fk8 are direct fuel injection turbo engines and the fk2 is rated at 95 Ron and the fk8 rated higher so will not run on e10 or you will get engine damage. So when the new e10 comes out will be replacing premium...
  72. F

I have just read online that e5 petrol will still be on sale after the 1st of September when e10 rolls out and that e5 petrol which will be 95/97 Ron classed as super unleaded commanding a higher price.This will be available until 2026 .My concern is what fuel do we use in 2026 if e5 will...
  73. F

FK2 TORQUE STEER,SCRUB ANGLE AND DUAL AXIS STRUT

Yes Honda have got all underneath covered where there's something with a possibility of it bottoming there's usually something protecting it. Regards Fred.
  74. F

FK8 Seat repair for FK8 Type R

I'm not sure where you are located but there is a company that specialises in seats for the fk2 and fk8. I don't know if they do repairs as it looks like they make new seat covers to replace what's on the frame,but it's worth a call. They're online called Seatskinz UK. Just type in fk8 seats...
  75. F

Thinking of buying an FK2, have a few questions if ok.

Hi, I am the proud owner of a 2015 Honda Civic Type R GT fk2. In polished metal metallic. I've had it since Oct 2018 and still puts a smile on my face every time I'm out in the type r. Having owned several Civics prior . I researched all about the fk2 and made the decision I wanted one , so...
  76. F

FK2 TORQUE STEER,SCRUB ANGLE AND DUAL AXIS STRUT

Hi fellow members,I hope you are all good and well. Last Wednesday I went to my Local Asda supermarket and on the way out I went over one of their super humps and must have gone over a bit faster than I normally do and when my fk2 type r came down off the hump there was a bang from the front...
  77. F

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Just take the details off one of the other three tyres and thats all what you need.What were you thinking putting a replacement tyre of another make? All manufacturers tyres have their own characteristics so 4 all-around will act the same, putting one different, especially on the front means it...
  78. F

FK8 Non-performance modifications not insured

Have they actually said if you fit those accessories it will invalidate you insurance cover. Or they will insure the car and those accessories are not covered. You need this clarification from them. Regards Fred
  79. F

E10 petrol

Further to my last posting I have read the following online. People ask ,Does using 98 Ron petrol instead of 91 Ron cause damage to the engine? The answer is, It can't hurt your engine if you use a higher octane fuel (Ron),so for example,if you use 95 or 98 Ron in an engine designed for 91 Ron...
  80. F

E10 petrol

To Make things CLEAR. I have downloaded the pdf To show which honda cars are compatible. This is what information is given. E10 Petrol is cleared for use in all European models with Petrol engines equipped with electronic fuel control fuel injection system (PGM-F1). So I looked online regarding...
  81. F

Apologies Daz, it was myself who started the original Thread. However there seemed as nothing was definate about the fk2 and fk8 running on E10 fuel. I even contacted Honda GB and asked the question. Via email as in these times it's difficult to speak to someone. They came back to me and said...
  82. F

FK8 Rev indicators

Just to follow on from my previous reply I've not heard or seen 1 documented case of carbon build up in any of the fk2 and fk8's. If anyone has I'd be very interested to hear, as I'm sure other members would also be. It has been mentioned that the type R's have a good pcv system and coupled with...
  83. F

FK8 Rev indicators

The scrolling inward lights are there to warn you of the rpm's are going up and that you need to change up. On my fk2 dash there is an arrow also indicating when to change up. I think to be honest in my fk2 they start at around 5000-5500 up 7000. To be honest I personally don't think it's...
  84. F

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Yes,they all do it. As said it looks like it's a Brembo thing. I noticed on mine it's just one area and is not spreading.Just to protect put a bit of collinite wax to seal. It might eventually come off with the heat but it's better than just leaving it. Or as said above spray some lacquer on...
  85. F

Hi All Type R Owners. I have just read the following information online @ goodwood.com. Regarding the E5 replacement fuel ,E10 that the government are rolling out in September 2021. Many carburetted cars,or those that previously ran on unleaded fuel,we included in this warning. While some...
  86. F

FK8 Rev indicators

Hi I run an fk2 and the scrolling inwards lights believe me do work. You will find this once your fk8 is run in and you will be able to take the revs up. I thought do they actually work so I put my foot down and sure enough as the revs climbed the lights started to scroll inwards on the dash...
  87. F

FK8 FK8 Oil?

My fk2 also doesn't use a drop of oil and other owners on here all say the same.
  88. F

FK8 FK8 Oil?

Millers oil used to be local to me and were always rated extremely high as an innovative oil blender.
  89. F

FK8 FK8 Oil?

I understand that the fk8 is the same engine basically as the fk2. I run an fk2 and in 2015 Castrol and Honda developed an oil specific for the fk2 and Is Castrol edge professional h.The h standing for Honda. For the type r Ow-20 is specified. And is extremely quick to get round the k20C1...
  90. F

Recommended Immobiliser

Doesn't Discloc mark your steering wheel?
  91. F

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Harry Metcalf ( Harry's Garage) on YouTube did a good review of the Alfa. A stunning looking car. Regards Fred.
  92. F

FK8 My Sportline Has Landed

Wow Polished metal metallic stunning colour. Same as mine, a fk2. Funny my wife has the same model of Civic but it's a 1.8ivtec. Enjoy!
  93. F

I've just read that the information on what fuel can and can't be used should be in your vehicle's handbook. So hopefully it will be and we can relax. In any case we've got until September.As the old saying goes. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Regards Fred.
  94. F

Many thanks Haltamer for your reply and good information. Regards Fred
  95. F

Further to my last post, I have just read an article by Autocar on the e10 subject and says that from September e10 will be sold at petrol stations and once e10 is sold at a station it will not sell e5 fuel. It goes on to say that as all cars will not be compatable with e10 fuel and e5 will...
  96. F

Hi Alex-B, Ive read today online that e5 95ron will be sold alongside the new e10 as well as 98 ron. If the ctr fk2 and fk8 plus all other type r's are designed to run on 95 ron and e10 is 94 ron. I am very reluctant to use 94 ron unless Honda actually state it is safe. Whats the situation If...
  97. F

Doesnt really answer my question guys. As I say I've always used 95ron as recommended by Honda and what it says on the fuel filler cap. I've read about using higher octane ratings for the fk2/fk8 but always says the difference is negligible. Unless you have actually run your car first on 95ron...
  98. F

Currently I run a Honda Civic Type R 2015 fk2. I have read that in September the new E10 fuel will be put on sale. I checked online re comparability with Honda cars and it says all Honda except diesel cars from 2011 are compatible. However the fk2 on the fuel cap says 95ron. Yet E10 is rated...
  99. F

FK2 FK2 2017 - HEADLIGHTS WON'T ADJUST HIGH ENOUGH!

Cox are not local but can deliver within a few days. Why should we give the local Honda dealer the business when their prices are miles higher in the first place. Cox take the lead here for me for applying the best prices in the first place! Regards Fred.
  100. F

FK2 FK2 2017 - HEADLIGHTS WON'T ADJUST HIGH ENOUGH!

Honda do mot tests and the price is fixed by the gov im sure I paid £45.00. So they cant overcharge you.I think its best to take your fk2 to honda as they usually know what and where to look So you shouldnt get the problem youve experienced. I dont understand Halfords saying the beams were low...
Back