• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. F

FK2 Tyres Continental sport contact 7 Or Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 235/35/R19/91Y /XL

Help required from fk2 Drivers. HI everyone, I am currently deciding which one of the above tyres to buy. I've read the reviews on the above and the continental tyre currently holds this No1 position which is a Sept 21 tyre with all the latest technology incorporated. The Pilot Sport 4 S...
  2. F

Bird poo etching into clearcoat

Recently there was a blob of bird poo on my pristine Civic type R fk2's bonnet.I got a sponge cloth, an aqua pur sponge cloth which can be purchased from Lidl and soaked it with warm water. The blob was mustard colour, I carefully started dabbing the blob gently so the warm water would soak...
  3. F

FK2 Fk2 wheels refurbish

Does anyone know if the standard wheels on a fk2 civic can be refurbished? Just recently I've noticed just in the corner of the spokes there looks like what appears to be the paint wearing off, or is it as someone suggested the effects of really hot particles of the brake pads coming off and...
  4. F

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

I've recently read with interest an Article covered by Auto Express about the fk8 and that the only engine available is the 2 litre dfi turbo and is basically the same engine as in the fk2 but tuned to develop 10bhp more thanks to the new exhaust system. It goes on to say,Honda has tuned the...
  5. F

FK2 Satnav in fk2

Does any member know how to turn the volume up of the satnav.Ive looked all over the settings in the infotainment and can't find how. It's not straightforward. Regards Fred.
  6. F

FK2 Fk2 Workshop Manual

Does any member know where I can get an fk2 Workshop Manual from? Regards Fred.
  7. F

FK2 Fk2 6yrs/75000 miles service

Hi fellow members, My Fk2 is just 6yrs old this month and due it's 6th service. Mileage covered 22700. My fk2 is on the non variable servicing schedule and have been reading the schedule to see what I need. I'm ok with most parts required, however I'm not sure on a few things and am asking if...
  8. F

FK2 Brake bleed correct sequence

Does any member know in what order you should bleed the brakes on the fk2, and how much brake fluid do I need to do a complete change?.
  9. F

FK2 TORQUE STEER,SCRUB ANGLE AND DUAL AXIS STRUT

Hi fellow members,I hope you are all good and well. Last Wednesday I went to my Local Asda supermarket and on the way out I went over one of their super humps and must have gone over a bit faster than I normally do and when my fk2 type r came down off the hump there was a bang from the front...
  10. F

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

Currently I run a Honda Civic Type R 2015 fk2. I have read that in September the new E10 fuel will be put on sale. I checked online re comparability with Honda cars and it says all Honda except diesel cars from 2011 are compatible. However the fk2 on the fuel cap says 95ron. Yet E10 is rated...
  11. F

FK2 Bespoke Fk2 Car Cover

I just wanted to ask if anyone has or has had a bespoke fk2 outdoor Car Cover and are they any good? I've read that you have to be really carefull to ensure the car is absolutely spotlessly clean before you put the cover on to avoid scratches.Also read that you can get covers with an inner soft...
  12. F

Outdoor Car Cover

Hi everyone,I just want to ask fellow Type R Owners if anyone has or has had a car cover and are they any good. I've read that you have to be really carefull that your car is fully clean before you put it on to avoid scratches.Also read that the ones with built in ventilation are good. I've also...
  13. F

FK2 Fk2 Automatic exterior mirrors

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if any member knows if it is possible to fold in the exterior mirrors whilst in the car for getting through tight spaces? Also can you set the mirrors so they stay folded when the driver's door is opened. The reason I am asking is my neighbour is putting up...
  14. F

FK2 Passenger Side windscreen wiper replacement

Has any member changed the passenger side windscreen wiper and replaced with a new original Honda one? I can see there is a flap that you lift up to take the old one off but not sure what you do from then. I've looked online for a video or explanation but I can't find anything on the fk2 or the...
  15. F

FK2 Fk2 sump plug bolt

Does any member know what the torque setting is for the fk2 sump plug bolt? Regards Fred.
  16. F

FK2 Oil level raised above max

Hi, Since I've had my fk2 the oil has always been bang on the max mark on the dipstick. I always check when the engine is cold and on level ground. I checked it on Saturday and it had gone slightly up approx 5mm above the max mark. I just wanted to call on fellow members' knowledge as to what...
  17. F

FK2 America missed out on the best Civic Type R ever the fk2

Just read a review on the fk2, title above,a good read for fk2 owners.see DT drivetribe https//drivetribe.com Ive not copied and pasted, but look on google and enter the review title. Regards Fred.
  18. F

FK2 Ricky Wilson Kaiser Chiefs

Did you know that front man and lead singer of the Kaiser Chiefs' daily drive is a fk2 gt . Apparently he drove one at the goodwood festival of speed and fell in love with it and shortly after took delivery of one and it's his first brand new car ever.This is however old news that i've recently...
  19. F

FK2 Has any member had a repair to the drivers seat fabric

Hi,I just wanted to ask fellow members/owners of a fk2 if anyone has had to have repair to the drivers seat by a car upholsterer. Mine Has a tiny hole at the bottom of the backrest which over a period is very slowly getting larger.lts on the vertical bolster which due to getting in and out...
  20. F

FK2 Drivers seat bolts torque setting

Hi I just wanted to ask fellow members if anyone knows the torque setting for the Drivers seat bolts on the fk2. Regards Fred.
  21. F

FK2 Drivers who feel compelled to race you

I just wonder if any fellow members experience the same as I do.Quite often when i'm out for a drive i get other drivers who just want to race. I never latch on to their intentions as i've got used to this ,having had my fk2 Type r gt for just over a year.In most cases(without being clever) it's...
  22. F

FK2 Should you trust your local Honda Dealership.

Recently i had a Honda free healthcare check on my 2015 fk2 gt . This took around 15 to 20 mins and a report came back to me which reported that there was an oil leak from the gearbox area and suspect rear main oil seal but will require gearbox removing to investigate further. Cost to remove...
  23. F

Supplying genuine Honda Parts is one thing.Getting them fitted is another.

I recently had a free health check on my 2015 fk2 civic type r and was told by my local Honda dealership that my rear discs were heavily lipped and my inner pads were 80-90% worn. The health check took around 20 mins so how on earth can you see the inner pads without taking the wheels off? As...
  24. F

FK2 Oil under the engine

Last week I scraped my air deflectors ,you know those rubber flaps in front of the front wheels.When I got home it was just turning dark so I had a look under the front of my ctr fk2. The deflectors were fine but as I was looking with my ultrafire led torch through the middle slits of the tray...
  25. F

FK2 Strakes (Wind deflectors)

Hi, Today I went for a spin in my ctr fk2 gt I drove over a rise in the road only to be followed with a dip which compressed the front suspension as a result there was some downward pressure and the strakes came into contact with the road also scraped which seemed loud in side the car. When I...
  26. F

FK2 Popping sound from nearside front

Hi everyone, Yesterday i went for a run in my ctr fk2 gt.I usually cover around 30 miles or so.I had done approx 17 miles and was on my way home driving on a straight fairly smooth road with a few bumps, when all of a sudden I heard a loud popping sound which seemed to come from the front...
  27. F

FK2 Fk2 Disposable car seat protectors

Does any member know where i can get some Disposable clear car seat protectors for my Fk2. With The seat being quite large i dont think that standard ones will fit and handy to have when taking the car in to have it serviced and you know that the seat is covered as a lot of garages will just...
  28. F

FK2 Accessory function

Hi, Has anyone ever had this.Yesterday i got into my fk2 and as usual pressed the clutch pedal down and pressed the start button.The car didnt start but displayed the message Accessory function, so i waited a few seconds and pressed the start button again and the car started.to my relief. Can...
  29. F

FK2 Fk2 and when to change the oil

I acquired my Ctr Fk2 at the end of October last year and mileage covered Nov-now June /19 is 1500 miles.As im retired most mileage is covered at the weekend and try to avoid lots of short journeys. The variable servicing schedule has been switched off so im on the fixed service schedule. And...
  30. F

FK2 Fk2 Drivers Seat Bolster upholstery wear

Hi, Has any member had or having wear on the bolsters of your driver's seat? My fk2 is a 2015 one of the first off the production line and came with some wear (but not serious) on the alcantara covering the driver's seat right bolsters, the one on the seat base and the one on the backrest. From...
  31. F

FK2 FK2 quite rare. Compliments and admirers

I suppose with only 2500 FK2s sold in the UK between 2015 and 2017 it's quite a rare sight. I was quite amused at the comments from the guy in the filling station the other night he came out with "I bet it's like ***t off a stick which brought a smile to my face.Then coming out of Halfords...
  32. F

FK2 Coking issues/Carbon build up

I'm fairly new on here and maybe this has been discussed before now. Before I acquired my fk2 I looked at various high performance cars with dfi engines without naming the manufacturers and what came up was the coking issues on the inlet valves leading to over time reduced performance and...
  33. F

FK2 Dipstick

Just wanted to ask if any member knows how much quantity of oil is between the max and min marks for 0w-20 oil . Many thanks Regards Fred.
  34. F

FK2 Front Splitter and parking

Hi everyone, Recently I went to a function in my pristine fk2 and wanted to park away from the centre of the car park to avoid being sidewinded (someone who parks next to you too close and opens their door into yours).So I parked at the perimeter where there was more room which was surrounded...
  35. F

FK2 Honda Civic type r fk2 in Polished Metal Metallic

Hi I just wanted to ask fellow fk2 members who have the same colour as mine, Polished Metal Metallic if this is a trait of the paint. When driving i try not to get too close to cars in front and and when overtaking give the vehicle a wide birth to avoid stonechips.Yes inevitably I do get a few...
  36. F

FK2 Covering the exhaust pipes when washing

As the exhausts all four are 3.5 inch in diameter, when I'm washing the car I always cover the tips to stop water getting into them as a precaution. Small plastic bags with an elastic band around to secure them in place. I can imagine quite a lot of water could go in when hosing down. Always...
  37. F

FK2 Oil

Hi Everyone, previous to owning an fk2 gt I ran a Honda Civic type s 1.8ivtec and covered 1400 miles per year.Yes that's correct .I'm retired so only ran the car at weekends.It used to be serviced once a year and the oil put in was mobil 1 0w40. When I used to take the car in the oil was as...
  38. F

FK2 Private road/Track

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is anywhere in West Yorkshire or Yorkshire a track or private very long road where you can pay to take your fk2 and open it up without having to worry about getting a speeding ticket/ban Regards Fred.
  39. F

FK2 Brilliant Article All About The fk2

Hi All, I've just been reading a really interesting article all about the fk2. The Article is online and entitled . European Media Newsroom All About The 2015 Honda Civic Type R and is dated 1/6/15. Apologies to anyone who's already read this as I know it's from 2015. Basically the article...
  40. F

FK2 Fk2 checking Coolant

Has any other fk2 owner found it extremely difficult to check the coolant level in the expansion tank. I bought my fk2 last October and it had just been serviced so no worries about levels etc. The oil gets checked quite often so last week I thought I'd check the coolant.so I looked at the...
  41. F

Fk20C1 Engine in the FK2 and FK8 explained

I'm not sure if any fk2 and fk8 owners have read the article online of the fk20C1 engine but I've just read it and found it extremely interesting.The Article is titled Inside The Honda K20c1 Type R and dated March 21st 2018. Explains how technical and advanced the engine is. Hope you enjoy it...
  42. F

FK2 Fk2 Full Stats

Just been online and am wanting to know the full stats of my 2015 fk2. It doesn't tell you in the vehicle handbook, unless I've missed it ? Stats like 1/4 mile times top speed in gears etc. And anything else technical. If any member can help I would be very grateful. Regards Fred.
  43. F

FK2 Fk2 excels on Track.

Hi, I've just seen a video of a 2015 Honda Civic fk2 shoot out on a track vs an Audi RS3 (362 bhp 7speed 4 wheel drive) vs a BMW M3(425bhp twin turbo rear wheel drive) The Lap time of the honda couldn't be beaten by either, the Audi was 1/2 a sec behind the fk2 and the BMW was 2/10 of a sec...
  44. F

FK2 FK2 long-term test average MPG and top speed

I've just read with interest an article on the fk2 which covered 11000 miles and returned an average of 31.2mpg. Also the quoted top speed the fk2 is 167mph which just happens to be about the same speed as commercial airlines begin to take off.So next time you are jetting off on your hols as...
  45. F

FK2 Driving Position and Getting in and out

Is it me or does any other fk2 owner find it easy to get in and not so easy to get out? Once in a comfortable position, by that I mean you can reach the pedals, hold the steering wheel, the seat base the right height and read all the instruments on the dash. I find it virtually impossible /...
Back