• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

EP 3 Radio Antenna

Hi The radio reception on my ‘05 EP3 has become poor recently. I suspect that there may be an amplifier somewhere between the roof aerial and radio which is failing? Can anybody confirm this and, if possible, suggest a replacement? Cheers Steve
  2. S

EP3 Idle unstable.

Hello I have an issue with my ‘05 EP3. It is completely standard, 68k. On cold start it jumps to 2200 rpm and slowly drops to 850 when at normal running temp, it used to be 1500 rpm and down to 850 well before it was at normal running temp. The idle, once warm, is unstable, 700-1200rpm, near...
  3. S

2005 EP3 OBD2 Throttle Position Reading

Hello I've just tried my OBD2 reader, using Torque Pro and Car Scanner OBD2, to track a couple of my favourite blast routes in order to compare to my old Mini. I found no fault codes but notice that when doing sensor checks, my throttle position is 9% at idle and 90% when fully pressed...
  4. S

Hondata/CPLRacing reflash for EP3 ECU

Hi I have had my 2005 EP3 for 6 months now. Other than the sticky rear brake caliper, I'm going to change all 4 over Christmas, it is now in great order! It is on standard springs and shocks with adjusters to allow the frsu. The boom of the cat back is gone and a standard Honda...
  5. S

EP3 winter wheels, are there any suitable Honda steels?

I'm up in the hills outside Manchester so want to get some winter wheels and tyres fitted. All the standard alloys I can see on a famous auction site look to need a refurb before they could be used reliably. This makes them look a quite expensive option. There are sites that sell new steel...
  6. S

EP3 Serpentine Belt Length

Hello I'd like to change the serpentine belt on my EP3. It's a facelift model with aircon. Different websites seem to list lengths between 1637mm and 1660mm, can anybody help me with the correct one? I've no idea what a good make would be, other than we have had no trouble with Gates on...
  7. S

EP3 shocks, Sachs, Bilstein B4 or OEM?

Hello Sorry if this is a repeat question but I'm quite new to the EP3. Standard car on 14 year old, 63k, original shocks and one of the fronts has slight play in the slider. Thinking it's time for a shock refresh? I've done a couple of bushes and drop links so all of that is OK. I...
  8. S

EP3 Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Hello Had my EP3 aligned the other day and I have a little over -2 degrees camber on each side at the rear. The car is totally standard as it stands. I have, at great expense, fitted new OEM rear arms but it has not changed the camber at all. The inner bushes did look in a bad way but...
  9. S

Rain marks on side glass, EP3 Premier

Hello The side glass on my EP3 Premier has rain marks, just like it is covered in rain drops. It is on both the door and rear quarter glass, on both sides of the car. The rear quarter's have factory tint and the door's have had tint added at some time. I would have thought that the tint...
  10. S

EP3 Replacing rear upper control arms and bushes?

Hello Just had the wheel alignment checked on my EP3. Other than reporting a little play in a rear ARB drop link and the steering wheel now being slightly off centre, I can see on the printout that both rear cambers are -2 degrees. As it happens, this is visible if you stand back and...
  11. S

EP3 Rear ARB drop links

Hello I need to replace one of my rear ARB drop links. Are the units from GSF ok, or is it better to buy genuine parts? Many Thanks
  12. S

EP3 Is there an online service guide/parts diagram available for the EP3?

Hi New to Civic Type-R ownership and wondered if there were parts diagrams and service manuals available online? Many Thanks Steve
  13. S

Plated/Coated front brake discs?

Hello I'm about to change the front discs and pads on my EP3. I would like to fit ones with a coating so that the centres don't go rusty within weeks! I only use the car on the road so not after drilled or grooved. Does anybody know if any of the options from ECP or GSF are...
Back