• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Craig82

Phil’s ep3 resto

Fantastic effort. Looks brand new!
  2. Craig82

2005 Cosmic Prem

:( When I had mine the back of sills was pretty rusty. I had it all cut out and replaced, but it was limited to the back of the sills. The floor was all solid. The guy who replaced and welded in all the new metal was shocked about how thin that metal is back there. Facelifts also have zero...
  3. Craig82

2005 Cosmic Prem

A sorry sight to see! No chance of that all being cut out and replaced with fresh metal? Edit - just seen you’ve only a few bits left from breaking it :(
  4. Craig82

Phil’s ep3 resto

Proper restoration and attention to detail. Great work - keep it up!
  5. Craig82

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Fair enough, the 2.0 M135 is certainly a potent beast. One of the best colours too. :cool:
  6. Craig82

Very nice. How does this compare to the previous 6 cylinder M135?
  7. Craig82

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Nice work, another thing checked off. Looks brand new under that bench. Bet that was a pleasing find!
  8. Craig82

2019 Supra GTS

Stunning machine :cool:
  9. Craig82

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Just caught up on the latest. You're doing a great job. Car is looking fresh. Keep it up.
  10. Craig82

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Hi mate. No probs. Sports cat was of the japspeed variety. Had zero issues with it come mot time over multiple mots.
  11. Craig82

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

Stunning :cool:
  12. Craig82

Hope so. I’m pretty ocd / meticulous with my cars! Thanks - Yep. Great fun. Really enjoying the car so far. Just so much fun to drive. Nice to be back in a sports car. Reminds me of my various mr2 turbos. Toyota have done a great job making the car feel old school :cool:
  13. Craig82

Never say never :D
  14. Craig82

EP3 has gone. The GT86 replaced it. I enjoyed my 4 years of tinkering with the EP3, but fancied a sports car again. And having just turned 40, thought I’d treat myself. New chapter and all that.
  15. Craig82

Cheers bud. Yep. That’s right, exactly the same. 197bhp.
  16. Craig82

Hi mate, I was running the stock ecu with the Japspeed 200 cel and the only issue I had was with the EML coming on, which was sorted with a 90 degree spacer. No issues at all with how the car ran. You may have better options with the K100 though, as the 200 cel is freer flowing. In other news...
  17. Craig82

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Stunning.
  18. Craig82

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Top effort - must be very happy with that. Good write up too.
  19. Craig82

Cheers bud - appreciated :) Engine bay clean up next....
  20. Craig82

Thought it had been a while since I actually took photos of the car, it's just been the various update pictures. So, with the car recently given the Autoglym treatment, sun out yesterday and an empty industrial estate, I thought why not? :cool: Craig
  21. Craig82

EP3 Interior screws

Are yours missing? I had one fitted and the other missing. So I just measured the one I did have and ordered new generic ones in black: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/cosmic-grey-2005-ep3-civic-type-r.79469/ page 1 - near bottom of page. M5 screws with M6 washers I believe.
  22. Craig82

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Some nice work going on here. A refurbished cam cover will finish that all off perfectly. I need to turn my attention to cleaning up the bay next.
  23. Craig82

So the wrap on the centre console started lifting in places and slight creases appearing in others. Plus I fancied a change so it's now gone! I refitted my mint oem silver centre console trims. This left me with what to do with the oil temp gauge.... I wasn't going to put it back where it was...
  24. Craig82

Back in a Honda first type r

FK2 seem to be holding values well too!
  25. Craig82

Back in a Honda first type r

The car looks awesome. I'm not hating on the FK8, but I much prefer the subtler FK2. Enjoy :)
  26. Craig82

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

They've come up well. I found Woolite to be pretty decent too. Certainly brought my premier Recaros up nicely.
  27. Craig82

FN2 Unknown cable

As above, looks like an old aftermarket iphone charger. Think they changed the plug when the iphone 5 came out back in 2012!
  28. Craig82

Right, so I decided to have a look at the rear screen wash issue I mentioned earlier.... First, I started by removing the jet nozzle from the motor assembly and testing the rear screen wash function. Washer fluid came out as it was supposed to. That was easy, replacement nozzle required...
  29. Craig82

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Addictive little things!! :D
  30. Craig82

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Great updates and attention to detail. Looking very fresh.
  31. Craig82

Nothing. It’s within spec. Not sure why it’s red.
  32. Craig82

EP3 Bought my first Type-R and Honda!

Welcome buddy, looks very tidy that! Welcome to EP3 ownership. Enjoy :)
  33. Craig82

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

Cheers buddy, glad my thread helped out. Car looks great, champ white is such an awesome colour for a Honda. Hopefully, being a fresh import, it won't have the corrosion issues of a UK supplied car. Definitely worth getting it all protected as soon as she docks though. Bet you're well excited...
  34. Craig82

EP3 Under sill rubber grommets?

Cheers - measuring up and generic bad boy it is!
  35. Craig82

EP3 Under sill rubber grommets?

Now then, when I was under the car tidying up the underside, I noticed one of these rubber grommets missing: Are these still available at all? If so, where from? If not, any good alternatives? Failing that. I'll measure up and order one. Just wondered if the oem part is still available at...
  36. Craig82

So, following on from having the front arms replaced, and the fact that the last alignment check was November 2018, I got the car booked in for a 4 wheel laser alignment check / adjustment. Happy to report that 4 years later and a new pair of front arms, the tracking wasn't far out and only...
  37. Craig82

Time for an update. Ordered a new set of front arms, that swiftly arrived: Whipped the car into the local garage. Drop links and ball joints were both replaced, along with CV boots in 2018, so didn't put up much resistance to release the old arms. Just one of the ball joints that required...
  38. Craig82

Thanks gents, appreciated! :) Sounds like a good plan, it's definitely worth it and a small outlay to preserve the car. Yep, it's one of those jobs where you don't realise what you're taking on when you start it, but just keep going till you come out the other side! My back and neck are glad...
  39. Craig82

Right, so following the advisory on the MOT for under body surface corrosion, I set to work. First thing was to get a decent trolley jack, as the Halfords 2T just wouldn't lift the car high enough. I bought a new SGS 2.5T low jack: What a joy compared to the old one! Next up, bought wire...
  40. Craig82

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Nice, this is something on my radar too.
  41. Craig82

Catalytic converter stolen 02 plate civic type R

I have an aftermarket Japspeed 200 Cell on mine (2005). No problem with MOTs since fitting.
  42. Craig82

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

Dayum. Not a great start!
  43. Craig82

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Nice work so far. Little things make all the difference.
  44. Craig82

Back in a Type R

Nice motor - much prefer the subtler FK2 over the FK8. Nice colour too. Enjoy.
  45. Craig82

Now then - time for an update! Had a great run out with the better half to Northumberland / Whitby in October for her birthday. Stayed at the Raithwaite Estate in Sandsend. Great hotel and chance for a great drive out in the Type R. Also had a drive into Whitby, parked up and had a...
  46. Craig82

My 2016 red FK2

noice! :cool:
  47. Craig82

Back with an EP3

That's all you need. I have an AEM on mine with Ram Air induction filter. Coupled with a non resonated Scorpion exhaust, it sounds rather fruity in vtec :D
  48. Craig82

Back with an EP3

Looks a clean one that. Any plans?
  49. Craig82

EP3 EP3 Side Skirt seal/gasket

I couldn't find these when I removed my side skirts, cleaned underneath and replaced all the clips. I replaced the knackered oem ones on with adhesive neoprene strip: Works well.
  50. Craig82

Jimbothemagnificent's Zenki

Just read this thread from start to finish. Nice car / project / read. Takes me back to the 5 MR2 turbos I owned (not all all the same time!) but that 'uncovering messy wiring' from years of stereo bodges, gauges etc. Car looks 100% better than when you first got it. I also love the 2nd gen...
  51. Craig82

Now then, not been an update since Feb (where has that time gone?!). So..... Not been up to much with the car, it's pretty much how I want it, so just been driving it. I did, however notice some light surface rust on the rear arch lips. So it was reason enough for some work to be done. As I'd...
  52. Craig82

Been a while since last update, so here we are. Few weekends ago, I jumped in the car and the battery was completely flat, prob enough to put on the dash lights and that was it! Sister's fella come round to jump the car off his Audi, and she started straight away. Thinking nothing more of it...
  53. Craig82

FN2 Lovely motor

No way, FK2 town baby!! :lol:
  54. Craig82

Here we go again

Much better :smt023
  55. Craig82

Here we go again

Very nice indeed mate. Champ white and JDM :smt047 Enjoy!
  56. Craig82

Good to see it getting used as it should! Very festive :santa:
  57. Craig82

My Polished metal metallic FK8

Stunning, like a modern take on Cosmic Grey metallic :cool:
  58. Craig82

Well, time for an update I guess! So, I messed up and thought the cars MOT expired on the 20/11, when it actual fact it was the 2/11 :rolleyes: Put the car in for MOT and it failed on handbrake efficiency :( Although not a bad single fail for a 15 year old car! Due to the Covid-19 backlog of...
  59. Craig82

2019 Supra GTS

Noice!!
  60. Craig82

Oil Pressure gauge

I can recommend Stack. Also check out SPA gauges for dual function :smt023
  61. Craig82

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Nice one bud, enjoy!
  62. Craig82

Ep3 type R Cosmic Track Car Build

Nice motor!
  63. Craig82

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Good stuff matey. Always a good read. What’s next in the pipeline? :smt023
  64. Craig82

Finally own a Type R

Yeah, I've a non-resonated Scorpion exhaust on the EP3 and it sounds nice without being overly loud/annoying, especially when warm. The same can't be said for the decatted Blitz Nur Spec-R I had on my previous MR2 Turbo :smt047:lol:
  65. Craig82

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

Back in '99 when I was 17, my mum worked for an insurance broker and I'd seen an '87 XR2 for £650. I asked her to do me a quote for it....... £11700 TPFT :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  66. Craig82

No problem mate, don't think there's such a thing as overkill on rust with these cars!! :lol:
  67. Craig82

Finally own a Type R

Paintwork looks great for 10 years old! Were you lucky enough to get LSD on that? Wasn't 2010 the switch over to LSD as standard on the FN2 Type R? Defo looks like a keeper! :smt023
  68. Craig82

Thanks mate :smt023 I previously had that area cut out and plated/welded (earlier in the thread). The rest of the surface corrosion on the inner sills, I originally coated with Jenolite rust converter on both sides. I then decided to use the Waxoyl rust treat / rust protect to keep it treated...
  69. Craig82

nah, fair enough buddy, only yankin' yer chain :p When I was 17 I was learning to drive in a 1990 MK3 Fiesta popular with 45bhp and a 4 speed manual :lol:
  70. Craig82

Let the games begin...

Very nice indeed! Looks an absolute beast :twisted:
  71. Craig82

Finally own a Type R

Welcome bud, looks a gem that! :D
  72. Craig82

Must admit, I thought the same - 17 yo learner + FK8 :eek: :lol:
  73. Craig82

Let the games begin...

Great work so far buddy, keep it up :smt023 More pics of the Roush too please! Looks sweet in the reflection pics :cool:
  74. Craig82

EP3 Decat replacement options for MOT

Not an FN2, but an EP3. I've passed 2 MOTs so far with Japspeed 200 cel sports cat. Only changed it as my original fell to pieces.
  75. Craig82

2004 civic ep3

Welcome mate :smt023 EK and EP look great, enjoy! :D
  76. Craig82

Another job done today. Since realising the pre-facelift came with a fuel filler pipe cover, and I've removed my nasty arch liners, I figured I'd get hold of one. Surprisingly, Lings have them in stock! :eek: Ordered from them, and it turned up a few days later: Car jacked up, on...
  77. Craig82

Cheers buddy, she's getting there. Think I bought those trim tools back in March and only just cracked them out :lol:
  78. Craig82

Right then! Finally had chance to put my new trim removal tools to work and have a look at the inner sills through the rear speaker holes. I removed the rear bench for better access to the speaker trim panels first and glad I did: Only a bit of surface rust, but not having that! I removed...
  79. Craig82

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

November 2004 EP3 - 123K.
  80. Craig82

EP3 EP3 driver's cup holder removal / replacement

Here's on on ebay with plenty of pictures to show the unit removed and mounting points etc: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-EP-EP1-EP2-EP3-DRIVERS-RETRACTABLE-DASH-CUP-DRINKS-HOLDER-2001-2005/302977383102
  81. Craig82

EP3 EP3 driver's cup holder removal / replacement

If it's already broken, is it not worth having a look to see if it's as simple as pulling the cup holder to the 'out' position and seeing if it's a case of nipping the legs together and removing from the dash or something like that? Wouldn't have thought it would have been a complex affair.
  82. Craig82

EP3 Side skirt removal/refitting help

Nice one mate, no worries :) I have those exact trim tools. Best couple of quid I've ever spent :lol:
  83. Craig82

EP3 Looking for where I stand with my car - MOT failure due to to rust (advice please)

As above, there is little protection with a private sale 'buyer beware' etc. If you don't manage to get anywhere with it, and looking at this from a different angle. Seeing as you have spent £5500 on the car, rather than lose thousands, wouldn't it be cheaper to put it right? I know you...
  84. Craig82

EP3 Side skirt removal/refitting help

Yep, that's way I did it, when I did mine. Clips rotated and removed, refitted to the skirts and skirts clipped back into the body work. I remember that one black clip being a bastid! Thing is, I can't remember if I pulled it out, or whether it was one of those clips you have to 'nip' the end...
  85. Craig82

NHB EP3 06 Premier Edition

Excellent work/update - car is looking great. Just ordered one of those fuel filler covers. :smt023
  86. Craig82

Flashy's Ibis White Audi Mk2 TT 2.0tfsi valvelift

Looks bloody clean that!
  87. Craig82

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Car looks great buddy. That cost seems a bit on the high side for the rust repairs. From memory, mine was about £400-£450 all in for both sides. Extent of work on mine shown, here: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?105141-Cosmic-Grey-2005-EP3-Civic-Type-R/page2 Hope that helps.
  88. Craig82

Thanks for the reminder! Still need to do mine, bought the trim remover tools, just forgot all about it! :lol:
  89. Craig82

My 02 ep3 type r 98k

unavoidable unless you mothball the car :(
  90. Craig82

My 02 ep3 type r 98k

Looks a tidy motor that mate, gold wheels work well :smt023
  91. Craig82

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Just had a skim through this thread again, what a car! Glad to see it's still progressing :smt023
  92. Craig82

Good stuff mate, bet you're as happy a pig in the brown stuff!! :lol:
  93. Craig82

Ricki’s Daily FN2 Type R nighthawk Black

Nice work dude. Can't beat an induction kit on a K20. Best mod I've done to mine. :twisted:
  94. Craig82

EP3 Exhaust and standard height springs advise needed

No worries bud. I wouldn't use mismatched springs. I'd buy the full set of eibach pros and swap them all over in one.
  95. Craig82

A smaller update this time! First off, Type R key ring. Just because :p Secondly, bought a strut brace off the bay of E. Only £60 and thought it can't do any harm, so got it ordered: Thinking, ah, it's ony 6 bolts. 10 minute job! What a bastid trying to get the mounts fitted...
  96. Craig82

2011 FN2 Deep Sapphire Blue

Do love white wheels. Got them on mine. I've given up trying to keep them clean :lol:
  97. Craig82

EP3 Buying an ep3

Yep. By all means, go and have a look and report back with your findings :smt023
  98. Craig82

EP3 Exhaust and standard height springs advise needed

I presume your eibach springs are red? Ie the lower “sport line” ones. I have eibach pro on mine (the black ones) and they’re less crashy than the stock springs. Only a touch lower too. Had no issues with them and come recommended from many EP3 owners. Exhaust - not sure. The HKS is a lovely...
  99. Craig82

EP3 Buying an ep3

Premier models: 2005+ Black rear bench Red and black recaro front seats Momo embossed on steering wheel Red carpets Tinted rear quarter glass Type R embossed callipers The red recaros could have been swapped for the premier seats. Seems odd though given they’re the same seats as the premier...
Back