• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Xplicit

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Was probably an intentional misprice to try to get feet on their forecourt :rolleyes:
  2. Xplicit

Wrong price listed on that car, I took a pic of it this morning it's windscreen price is 30498 or 29998 for cash sale If something seems too good to be true it usually is :lol:
  3. Xplicit

Would probably need to book the test drive due to covid, but I'm more interested in what the history of the car is and if they try to lie about why it's so cheap if it's not a misprint, it's the first red fk8 on this list, but if you keep scrolling down the rest are 17 plates with more miles...
  4. Xplicit

Would probably need to book the test drive due to covid, but I'm more interested in what the history of the car is and if they try to lie about why it's so cheap if it's not a misprint
  5. Xplicit

Would probably need to book the test drive due to covid, but I'm more interested in what the history of the car is and if they try to lie about why it's so cheap if it's not a misprint
  6. Xplicit

I'm intrigued by this car, as I'm seeing 17 plates with more miles going for more than the asking price, I'm dropping the wife's car off for an mot at a garage next to this at 10 tomorrow so I think I'll go for a look at it, I'm thinking crash damaged mabey or a misprint
  7. Xplicit

I'll test drive it for you :D
  8. Xplicit

It's just round the corner from me, does seem a decent price
  9. Xplicit

EP3 intake

You will see a drain tube underneath it, and there is also a gap in the housing, itl be fine
  10. Xplicit

EP3 intake

Eventuri
  11. Xplicit

FK2 Track day birthday gift

so, finally got my trackday, absolutely loved it, felt i was getting faster and more confident with each lap 20 laps in total, can see now why its so addictive the camera kept falling off the window but here are a few laps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AqxU5vbNyA
  12. Xplicit

So due to covid my track day has been canx twice, I have a date of the 24th Sept now, fingers crossed, we have a fk group up here of around 35 from central scotland, mostly fk2s and a few fk8s and I'm sure a few of these guys track their cars at knockhill trackdays but I don't remember seeing...
  13. Xplicit

What did you do to your Type R today?

So found his dyno and chat, with Nvidia cat back and v power he made 308bhp, with Nvidia, prl intake and half a bottle of maddative octanium in his tank he made 354bhp...
  14. Xplicit

That's why I put claimed, not seen a dyno sheet and wouldn't even trust that if I did see it, sounded nice when he was ripping down the road ***
  15. Xplicit

I've met a guy on fb at a few meets up here with the prl intake for the fk8, he claims to get a very large hp increase with it, along with an Nvidia cat back he is claiming 360bhp, without a map. I also swapped my pipercross for a k&n on the fk2 and if anything it's louder than the pipercross...
  16. Xplicit

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

https://www.dream-automotive.com/products/k-n-honda-civic-type-r-fk2-performance-air-filter https://www.tegiwaimports.com/k-n-performance-air-filter-honda-civic-type-r-fk2.html :eek:
  17. Xplicit

I ordered a k&n on Friday from dream for my fk2, can't believe the difference in price from tegiwa, nearly 20 quid :confused:
  18. Xplicit

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Was really wanting to try the ss, but near bald tyres and lack of availability pushed me to the pilot sport 4s, got them for a decent price from blackcircles and love them, not as hard and bumpy as the contis, and grip like glue
  19. Xplicit

FK2 Front lower grille

Thanks veehexx
  20. Xplicit

FK2 Front lower grille

Ah. Thought so, cheers for the info
  21. Xplicit

FK2 Front lower grille

Hi guys Has anyone removed the front lower grille on an fk2? Is it a bumper off job or can it be removed itself? I'm thinking of spraying it black to match the rest of the front.
  22. Xplicit

As above. I'm hearing a lot of condensers going on the 10th gen.s
  23. Xplicit

FK2 Auto Stop Start Issues

Assuming it's a start stop battery you bought. It may be a dodgy ss sensor, or mabey the new battery wasn't at full charge, give it a good run with no aircon or radio on and see if that helps
  24. Xplicit

:( I wanna go for a run. But Nikki still says naw :mad: At least it's keeping my mileage down
  25. Xplicit

FK2 T valve mod

Thanks guys, so it's more of a failsafe mod then? I've not read of any actually failing so far so just wondered why everyone was doing it, as it dosent appear to give gains. I have read an article on hendys I think that it will fail in time, although that may just be a marketing ploy to sell the...
  26. Xplicit

FK2 T valve mod

Hi guys Has anyone done the t valve mod on the fk2? I know the part they use is fitted to the fk8, and I'm looking for feedback as to the benefits of doing it, some say more boost but I've not seen any figures to backup the claim. Some say it's to counteract loss of boost I'm old school in my...
  27. Xplicit

finally back in a R

Nice :cool:
  28. Xplicit

FK2 Paint colour code

Berlina black NH547HE. Don't worry if it looks blue when you apply it. It drys black. Perfect match for the side skirts
  29. Xplicit

Quick question as we all seem to have time to clean our cars I use collinite 845 wax. Really like the stuff. Makes the paint feel silky smooth and beads up nicely I've been looking at shine armour fortify quick coat as it repels water really well. Is this something that would benefit my paint...
  30. Xplicit

FN2 Wind deflectors...?

i like them, i have climair, m3 tape on the rears easy fit, very tight fit on the front, no clips or tape required for the front, you have to be careful when fitting the fronts as ive read they can shatter, my mirrors fold in with them and i think they make the window look more interesting
  31. Xplicit

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

16 plate 18k
  32. Xplicit

Damn :lol:
  33. Xplicit

7 hour much needed detail, washed, decontaminated, collinite 845 wax, woolite wipe down on the seats
  34. Xplicit

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

does it have to be recaro seats?, if you have a problem fitting in them cant you look at other seat options which will give you more width?
  35. Xplicit

FK2 Remus Responder

do you notice a change in throttle when you have it turned on?
  36. Xplicit

FK2 Remus Responder

what model of car do you have? have you got the correct model of responder for model of car? my responder works great no issues
  37. Xplicit

FK2 Need some opinions

https://ibb.co/bRfCqwd https://ibb.co/SQGJLK1 so i decided on below,, thanks for the pics guys
  38. Xplicit

FK2 Need some opinions

agreed,, that is a stunning example
  39. Xplicit

FK2 Need some opinions

Ye thanks all for the pics guys. I agree with wilmo. There is no right or wrong. Most do go for below. But mb ctr makes a good argument for above ;)
  40. Xplicit

FK2 Need some opinions

Nice dog .. your car looks nice with white sills and splitter
  41. Xplicit

FK2 Need some opinions

Don't think they even came as an optional extra. Most guys I've spoken to have put the fn2 ones on as there is no specific fk2 design
  42. Xplicit

FK2 Need some opinions

Not really. There is a door crease. above is kinda curved up. Below is sloping down
  43. Xplicit

FK2 Need some opinions

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-type-r-side-decals-2007-2011/ So I got these for my fk2.. question to anyone who has them or has put them on theirs in the past Above or below the door crease? I'm thinking below but not sold on it :confused: Any pics would be...
  44. Xplicit

FK8 New Owner & Floor Mats

Suppose it's down to how good the dealer is. When I picked up my fk2 there was no mats. After a quick word with the manager they produced a brand new set the next day. It's always annoyed me that a car with floor mat clips that isn't sold with them become part of the. Tax. Petrol and mat...
  45. Xplicit

FK8 New Owner & Floor Mats

logo carmats do nice ones for the fk8 mabey the lack of clips is another weight saving track inspired idea :lol:
  46. Xplicit

Difficult to enjoy a Type-R on UK roads...

i suppose im quite lucky, my daily commute is a short dual carriageway, and my fun roads are really nice and smooth which does make me appreciate what im driving :)
  47. Xplicit

New racing car

I'd say try and get a sponsor the better you get.. my pal raced minis a few years ago. He won the championship in 2014 and got a trial in btcc. He was putting great lap times in but lack of sponsorship done him. Pity as he is a great driver
  48. Xplicit

New racing car

Welcome
  49. Xplicit

Newby!

Welcome
  50. Xplicit

FK2 FK2 general discussion

If i can't get a match I'll just spray both sills when the weather heats up.. Will do my nut in looking at that big scratch until.then *** :mad:
  51. Xplicit

I've got a code nh547 but I think it's the code for the wheels Managed to put a lovely scratch the full length of my sil today.
  52. Xplicit

Rubmifer's FK2

Did you get your steering issue fixed?
  53. Xplicit

Does anyone know the paint code for the black sills on the fk2
  54. Xplicit

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-type-r-fk2-battery-2015-2016/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAv8PyBRDMARIsAFo4wK2w5u4NKbAuBkAMeLp7jW_2RubSBoncZbwThMXMxanTFi0V4GgRXxQaAnhJEALw_wcB
  55. Xplicit

That's a bit steep for a battery. You could have got 1 for half that price :eek:
  56. Xplicit

Sounds like it
  57. Xplicit

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

I really think Honda has dropped the ball here by not offering the 20 UK owners a substantial power upgrade. It would have guaranteed the ring title as well. At 50k I think you'd be a mug to buy one. They will be a magnet for all modified fk2s and fk8s for a race. Wonder how Mr more money than...
  58. Xplicit

Boosted's wife's FK2 Sport Blue GT R

ye i know, like boosted i bought a pipercross, opened up my airbox and found an old shagged saggy pipercross already in it ill change mine to k&n in the spring
  59. Xplicit

Good idea to include a pipercross filter as well for a nicer induction suck n blow
  60. Xplicit

Remus responder will give you that £160 from tdi or tegiwa
  61. Xplicit

Rubmifer's FK2

Hope you get it sorted soon buddy. So you can start enjoying your car as it should be
  62. Xplicit

Rubmifer's FK2

as you are only a month into ownership id let the dealer sort it out, even if you didnt get a warranty with it tbh i would have had it back the same day if i had any steering issues, a month gives them the leeway to try and blame you for bad driving, hitting potholes etc
  63. Xplicit

Rubmifer's FK2

Have you checked you wheel balancing? If the vibration is around 60 mph then goes away a bit the faster you go I'd reckon it's the balancing
  64. Xplicit

Rubmifer's FK2

Remus responder is great. You will not regret buying it. +R response without the bumpy ride :D
  65. Xplicit

Fk8 nicked

Some poor guy on fb had his house screwed and his fk8 nicked last night while he was sleeping :mad: ry19aoz Hatfield area blue fk8. If anyone spots it
  66. Xplicit

FK2 Battery Change Question

you should be fine, i watched a techy replace mine by just disconnecting the old one and replacing the new one, no issues, radio worked fine
  67. Xplicit

Have you changed your cabin filter dweezle? Helped get rid of my engine smell in the car which was giving me headaches. New rubber and ppf on my arches is next on my list. Mps4s .Then I'm looking at seat covers from seatskinz which look amazing. Not like seat covers at all. Still want a remap...
  68. Xplicit

version 1 looks nice, whats the price range for that?
  69. Xplicit

FK8 New Owner

I'm sure there were a couple of the rarer FK2s nicked when they first came out :) so honda took steps to ensure their next model wouldn't be as appealing to thieves by replacing the nice sloping bonnet of the fk2 with an elephants head on the fk8. And whacking some plastic panels on the rear :p...
  70. Xplicit

FK8 New Owner

Get yourself a couple of faraday pouches for piece of mind ;)
  71. Xplicit

nice, have fun :)
  72. Xplicit

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

good choice :D
  73. Xplicit

JMR's Honda #5

wow, that looks like a different car after its been cleaned, impressive ;)
  74. Xplicit

im also a bit limited up here in scotland to good tracks available to me should i want to pursue more track time, you guys in england have a lot more options not just for tracks but meets as well, damn i might have to make a haggis packed lunch and do a road trip :)
  75. Xplicit

:lol:, ye i see how the bug can bite mate, you bought your fk2 for dual use, now contemplating a strip out and roll cage? tells me the bug has well and truly bitten you, 95% of my driving is alone, whether it be commuting to work or fun on my days off, i love driving the fk2 so it will be good...
  76. Xplicit

I'm not going to expect too much . I'm just concentrating on enjoying the experience and pushing their fk2 as bit harder than I would mine . I've followed your build veehexx and if i do decide to get more serious. I will pester the arse off you for info :lol:
  77. Xplicit

It's included
  78. Xplicit

Thanks norv Ye my thinking exactly. Racing lines. Correct gearing instruction. I've wanted to track my own but scared I'd crash it with no track experience. This will give me the taste for it :twisted:
  79. Xplicit

So for my birthday today. 1 of my present is a type r performance driving course at knockhill. Ya belter 2 laps as a passenger with the instructor. Then 15 laps driving Means I get my first track experience in an fk2 without worrying about crashing and having to pay for the damage Hopefully...
  80. Xplicit

FK2 rear wheel arch protectors

Ye I see the edges..mmm I'm wondering if dirt along the edges will show up more on my cw and outline the film. I never pressure wash mine. Always by hand. Def looks like the protection I need. I'm a bit ocd cleaning my car. And it's irritating me with the rash on the rear arch faces every time...
  81. Xplicit

I take it if I just got my rear arches done there wont be a noticeable difference from.the rest of the quarter panel? Also can polish be applied on top of it when I'm polishing the rest of the car
  82. Xplicit

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

:lol:
  83. Xplicit

Wise choice. Keeps her happy as well and gets you back in a beast :D
  84. Xplicit

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

no pics yet?
  85. Xplicit

Ive got a few detailers close to me so ill price the ppf for the arches. As well as a machine polish. The rest of the body is sweet so I'm not intending a full ppf job.. Just the arches
  86. Xplicit

so anyone who owns an fk2 will know the front of the rear arch protectors take some abuse from road rash, which is probably more noticeable on my cw, im stuck between taking them off in the summer and respraying them or buying new ones which come pre-painted, the problem i have is the same...
  87. Xplicit

My Milano Red FN2 Type R

Nice looking car.. was that pic taken at greggs in Linwood by any chance
  88. Xplicit

:eek: good luck
  89. Xplicit

FK2 Making the FK2 a 10 second car?

https://youtu.be/2oGrkYS-5UU
  90. Xplicit

FK2 +R Mode Changes?

it certainly does, so laggy i even let my old ma have a go without being worried :lol:
  91. Xplicit

FK2 +R Mode Changes?

heavier steering, stiffer suspension, more responsive throttle and red dash lights the louder induction noise is you hitting boost faster because of the decreased pedal lag at low rpm unsure about an increase in torque on a dyno but as you know it feels better low down
  92. Xplicit

heres the ones i got for my fk2,, not sure if they are the same size for the fk8, you could message the seller for info https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352649418092?ViewItem=&item=352649418092
  93. Xplicit

You can get a red led interior pack off eBay for 8 quid. 1 dome light. 2 map lights. 2 vanity lights and a boot light..picks the red out in the seats nice when you open the door. I kept my map lights white for seeing stuff with when required
  94. Xplicit

Fuel system cleaner

Cheers wilmo. I know over time there will be some kind of deposits. Wasn't sure if 17k miles was enough to justify using it. I have used additives in previous cars running 95 Ron. Didn't really notice any difference
  95. Xplicit

Fuel system cleaner

So my cars going in for a service and I know they will phone me and ask if I want a fuel system cleaner added at twice the cost of buying it myself. My cars done 17k. And i use momentum 99 all the time. Question is. Will it benefit my engine in any way? I wouldn't imagine too much build up after...
  96. Xplicit

lovely colour, but it is screaming out for blue and black seats, not sure about the fluffy steering wheel either :eek:
Back