• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MickR

FK2 Clutch valve delay removal

Good video on YouTube by Torq toolbox, he goes through the delay valve removal but also oil change & how to adjust the clutch pedal. Worth a look
  2. MickR

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Faulty a/c pumps are common in the states so Honda increased the warranty on them to 10years as customers where kicking off. UK - same issues but HondaUK do nothing about it....
  3. MickR

What did you do to your Type R today?

They fit over the fake mesh and not the flat part that has 'do not paint' on it. I've had zero issues since fitting :) Yeah the Mugen ones have painted options too but these don't. The ones I bought are unpainted so I just painted them myself with rattle cans. Easy enough to do tbh considering...
  4. MickR

Well apart from they're copies so had to use my own fixing bolts as the ones supplied where a little short but otherwise had no issues at all. They sit above the sensor area so can't see how they would interfere with anything?
  5. MickR

Not really 'today' but recently.. new wheels, Bola B2R with semi-slick tyres, Mugen front inserts and re-fitted my Forge intercooler
  6. MickR

Better? ;)
  7. MickR

Mugen starter button fitted :D
  8. MickR

FK8 My Honda App (& Tracker) - gone by 30th June 2021

my local dealer could never get mine to work properly as it was always disconnecting so i kinda gave up with it, i agree the short notice is poor, usualy you get plenty of warning when they close down a service
  9. MickR

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

to me it just looks like it needs a new bumper and not a terrible repair like what someone has tried here!
  10. MickR

FK8 Trim Rattle

I remember seeing a YouTube video of this exact thing! iirc the guy pulled the trim off carefully and it just has push clips under, used some foam backed tape bear the bottom as it sits really close to the air bag module
  11. MickR

Can you help me identify the previous owners mods?

The thing in the rear looks like it could be part of a flex fuel kit, I believe they're popular in the states as their fuel at the pump tends to be a lower octane than we get in Europe. ( I could also be completely wrong :D ) In my opinion those mods seem to be a bit odd for a person in there 60's
  12. MickR

I feel your pain! Just had a nail in my rear tyre sidewall, so I'm now super tempted to use that as an excuse to replace my wheels with 18" :)
  13. MickR

Kinda threw me of at first as the instructions are still referring to the older bracket, it's also a kinda T piece but my car doesn't have the second vacuum pipe.. anyhoo it's sorted though :) Glad you like it, I do too, but I reckon the PRL is pretty tame & quiet compared to the AEM. I like...
  14. MickR

Did you have any issues? Just finished fitting it, and got to say it's a real tight fit, I had some issues manoeuvring the pipe section about to get it into place... Also I was lucky I had an old PRL intake pipe as my kit came with a weird T piece instead of the metal flange bracket? Kinda...
  15. MickR

Coincidence? I'm fitting the PRL tomorrow! :D I'm hoping it's not to loud as I'm replacing my AFE cai as that's way to loud for my liking, dunno maybe I'll put in the for sale section...
  16. MickR

Sorry I know it's been a little while but I took some photos today that can help anyone who is thinking about this or maybe the mugen starter button. earlier today I removed the same part to cure an annoying rattle and thought I'd take these photos while I was at it. The red circle is where you...
  17. MickR

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Another one here to vouch for 255/35/20's had mine on for just over a year now and definitely keeping this size, as said before they just fill the arches better and can handle pot holes a bit better too imo
  18. MickR

FK8 Battery Charging

I've disconnected my battery to charge it after it was standing and not being used early lockdown. Only issue I had was the car re-syncing with the key for the immobilizer, to do this just hold the key close to the starter button. Funny thing was, my dealer said not to disconnect the battery...
  19. MickR

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Kinda weird failure as there's not a lot to it, out of interest what failed? The jets can pop out if you need to clean them and the tubes run along the inside of the bonnet, also easy to check for leakes or brakes.
  20. MickR

Tuned FK8 ... Where to Service

Honda have just serviced mine yesterday, and had it's first MOT. mine also has custom tune, but also Forge intercooler and AEM intake. No issues at all :)
  21. MickR

FN2 Anyone removed the dash and applied a vinyl flock?

I just watched a YouTube video on this last night, Zack from a channel called money pit, or donut media I think. As it's based in the U S it was about $75 iirc Didn't look to hard to do and the finished results looks great, very touring car look to it imo. (Sorry I don't know anything about...
  22. MickR

FK8 2021 FK8 Stereo options missing

Maybe check what version of software you have and see if it could be updated? I know the years of the car are different but the head unit software seems to vary a lot going by the usa forums
  23. MickR

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

I reckon it's more of a Brembo thing than a Honda thing imo. I know people who have had similar issues with Subaru & Mitsubishi back in the day too
  24. MickR

FK8 FK8 Oil?

I'm using petronas fully synthetic 0-20w and all is good :)
  25. MickR

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Happening on mine quite badly on both sides, Honda have rejected my claim due to 'outside influence' :rolleyes: Said the same with my off side rear alloy wheel too (paint bubbling up from underneath) Lucky I have a mate with a body shop who can sort these out for me, when things open up again
  26. MickR

FK8 Changing wing mirror caps on the FK8 R

I've changed mine to carbon fiber, it's a pita but it's doable. I removed the mirror and used a flat bladed screwdriver to help feed the tab. I saved one and broke one as they are fragile (and I lost patience :rolleyes: )
  27. MickR

So I did this the other day, when it was sunny but freezing! This thing is LOUD!! If turbo wooshes and chirps on gear change are your thing you'll love this :D
  28. MickR

You pull the gaiter down to reveal it and then use an open end spanner to turn it as you hold the gear knob with your other hand. You can always re-use the original lock nut but it wouldn't sit flush with the gaiter. Also you can buy other lock nuts from the likes of acuity etc.. but I'm happy...
  29. MickR

Yeah dead easy, I just removed my original boot collar lock nut and used a 17mm hex nut and the fit is perfect. My original boot locks around the nut nice and snug :D
  30. MickR

So I did this the other day :D Facelift or 2021 'tear drop' shift knob swap from my original ball shape (2018)
  31. MickR

Erm.. nothing really just my fingers lol honestly it's super easy to do. Just push the blanking plate out from behind with your fingers, slot this in it's place and plug the cable into your fuse box :D I guess maybe in worst case scenario, a flat blade screw driver or trim removal tool if you...
  32. MickR

its a plug and play kit, super easy to install as it plugs dirtectly into the harness / fuse area behind the dash. (there is a version with a fuse tap too) the blanking plate just pushes out from behind and you slot this into the hole. cant find the exact one i purchased (with direct plug)...
  33. MickR

Absolutely nothing, just a blank piece of plastic you can pop out, super easy to do
  34. MickR

Finally got round to fitting this, extra usb double socket I purchased a few months ago. More power than the standard factory sockets so great for quick charging my phone :)
  35. MickR

This just arrived today, all the way from the U.S ! Looking forward to fitting it soon :D
  36. MickR

EP3 Quick brake pad question

Honda use the same brembos as the scooby wrx sti's use. You can use this to your advantage to get cheaper pads ;) (Front only ofc)
  37. MickR

I can't recommend brodit enough, they make some great solutions for phone holders. They've been around for years, even had one on my old EP3 Brodit.com
  38. MickR

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

i spy a loop hole :D :lol:
  39. MickR

EP3 Clutch delay valve removal?

It's an easy job Fan, just look for fartherpain's guide on the civx forum. (He has photos and a great write up) I modified the new sensor as this was also touching, then simply swapped them around (just go steady and slow with a craft knife)
  40. MickR

Same issue with the ACT sensor, I did some searching via the Honda part number. The prices where double that in the US, but I managed to find the bosch part number (as they make the sensor) this gave me loads more options. I purchased one from an eBay company for about £25.
  41. MickR

i thought about doing it, but went with the acuity shifter bushings instead, and they're great imo. they make the gear changes feel just that little more precise :D speaking of 'free' mods though.... i did do the ACT sensor mod and the car did feel slightly more responsive after imo too :mrgreen:
  42. MickR

I have those! Pretty decent quality and easy to install. I've been waiting months for them to get the rears back in stock :(
  43. MickR

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

haha awesome! i did something similar to mine back in the day! 8) replaced the valves / tappets and re-skimmed the head then swapped the vacum carb for twin webber manual that was re-jetted & larger, and also fitted the stainless K&N. :D
  44. MickR

EP3 Rear pad replacement

I like the look of those, sorry I don't know the size we need so also waiting to find out :)
  45. MickR

EP3 Rear pad replacement

I changed my rear pads at the beginning of lock down. Pretty easy to do, when you disengage the electronic parking brake it stays off after engine cut of so won't be an issue. The only small problem I had was that my rear pads where so worn I couldn't wind back the piston far enough to fit the...
  46. MickR

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Thanks, Tried that and it suggests I need the fuel pump recall but it's US and is zip code only :( https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/recalls-and-updates.html This one gives me nothing either
  47. MickR

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Is there any way we can check? Had no letter and mine is an 18 plate
  48. MickR

Wonder if it's the pop up hood system, since there are 2 bars? Nothing looks unusual, all looks factory standard :confused:
  49. MickR

Oh it fits.... just :lol: Joking, Actually there's plenty of room behind the bumper. It actually took me by surprise that I didn't have the huge aluminum bar running through the middle of the front end that you see on the US versions. :confused:
  50. MickR

FK8 A big disappointment

I agree a demo can sometimes put you off, I test drove an rs3 which pulled to the left slightly and had a red light on the dash the whole time, even the Hyundai i30 I test drove had door rattles too. Just makes me wonder why the dealers are not all over it to make sure they're perfect ?
  51. MickR

You see how weedy that stock cooler is? Planning on hondata later to get the most out of it. Forge make them in black and red, love the red as it's quite subtle behind the grill. I'm guessing the black is for full sleeper mode :lol:
  52. MickR

i did a thing..... can you guess? :D
  53. MickR

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Doesn't it say somewhere to nurse / no spirited driving etc.. the car for the first 500 miles? Just wondering if that could have anything to do with it?
  54. MickR

Yeah, well nylon shifter bushings. Love the gear changes even more now I've driven it around a while :D
  55. MickR

well i did this today... a real fiddly pain in the ass to do, but definitely worth it 8)
  56. MickR

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

you guys do know you can remove that artificial sound speaker thingy? there is a full guide on the civicx forums :D
  57. MickR

FK8 Windscreen rubber issues

that happened to both sides on mine, took it to the dealers who tried to blame me for catching them with a shammy etc... i pointed out the Type-R in there show room has slightly 'rounded' edges instead of the ones on mine going to a point then curling up. they replaced them in the end :lol:
  58. MickR

FK8 PRL Intake - Evap hose / Coolant line rub

It was dark last night, so I've took a couple more today, including underneath, hopefully this maybe a bit more helpful? Also looking at your photos can you not pull the small tubing further back through the holding clip? Ignore my rubbish intake wrap, I'm experimenting with something :lol:
  59. MickR

FK8 PRL Intake - Evap hose / Coolant line rub

i dont have the issue your having so i've just been outside to take a couple of photos for you to compare against mine. hope it helps
  60. MickR

FK8 Going stage 2 - thoughts?

i'd still be concerned pushing 400 or close to it on a stock intercooler considering guys in the US are over heating on stock coolers when pushing hard, especialy since your probably going to be running a lot more boost too. the stock intercooler seems tiny compaired to the likes of Forge / PRL...
  61. MickR

FK8 FK8 test drive

i had a few of crunches going 1-2nd, only when launching it from stand still and really pushing it. never happened often as i dont like to punish my car. i reported it to the dealer who couldnt replicate the problem (i managed to film a crunch on my phone and showed them the footage) clearly...
  62. MickR

FK8 Going stage 2 - thoughts?

odd that you say no to an intercooler, from what ive read the US guys are saying its a must have mod? they recomend it first, then high volume induction / decat or sports cat with exhaust and a tune to get the most from the bolt ons. apparently the intercooler and stock downpipe are bottle...
  63. MickR

FK8 Service Pack FK8

I can understand some of the paranoia about who works on your CTR, I have a dash cam that is hard wired and can set it to record even when the engine is off. The local dealership to me has a typical example of a chav working for them in the workshop. I don't like to label but the guy has a...
  64. MickR

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

I've got these to install when I get the time, they essentially the typical Honda accessories range but modified. instead of the 'civic' they have Type-R. Installation looks like a pita :D Bought them from eBay for about 60 for all 4 doors.
  65. MickR

Weird you say yours is quiet? I'm running same PRL pipe but with pipercross filter and get a definite induction woosh sounds when on boost. Which I'm fine with :D Btw you can get the carbon fiber mirror caps from Tegiwa.
  66. MickR

Wow so many from up norf (me included) :D I changed my mirror caps today to the real carbon fiber versions :D
  67. MickR

FK8 Climate control module replacement

Nicely done! Just wondering do your mirrors heat up ok? I read on the US site about a guy using a similar part from a non-UK car and lost either the mirrors or rear windows heating, I can't remember which? I looked into doing this a while ago but never saw a UK part come up on the used market.
  68. MickR

The covers where from eBay and to be honest the quality is great, no idea if they where real carbon fiber or not because of the Chinese Google translate in the description haha. but I really in all honesty can't tell and I'm happy they look good. The blue mirrors are by a company called Duntuo...
  69. MickR

so ive been toying with the idea of spoon / mugen wing mirror replacements for a while now but... the spoon being stick on put me off due to the price and not being able to reverse the mod if i ever come to sell the car. the Mugen while looked great the price of mugen stuff just seems way over...
  70. MickR

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

reminded me i need to check mine iirc i think mine where @35 psi when fitted from the garage
  71. MickR

FK8 Fake vent replacement.....?

Just a Photoshop but this would be great :D
  72. MickR

FK8 Fake vent replacement.....?

I like the look of those be perfect for me as I never opted for reverse sensors anyways :D They look like the ones I've seen from Japan, last I checked you could get them from Rakuten global website but looked like a massive hassle to me. You could always drill holes in and transfer the...
  73. MickR

Looks good! Are the Mugen wheel nuts the black steel version of the standard ones? I looked at some like that but settled on black Porsche wheel nuts in the end due to the price and being aluminium (Also same fitment) Also did you get black locking wheel nuts? I've been struggling to find any
  74. MickR

The skunk2 knob is heavy at 440g, and the install raises the top of the knob by ~20mm approx. A heavier shift knobs will make shifting easier and smoother due to the additional weight having greater inertia the moment you start changing gears. A lot of people like this feeling, and I do too...
  75. MickR

Could be the photo but I think it looks subtle in person not mega noticeable in the cabin light. Well worth getting a weighted version though, definitely a noticeable difference in shifting. Loving it
  76. MickR

Just installed skunk2 weighted shifter, also had gearbox oil changed earlier in the week. my shifts are silky smooth
  77. MickR

i think Forge or PRL do them iirc
  78. MickR

FK8 Anyone running 255/30R20 or 255/35R20 tyres on the standard rims?

The TPMS light shouldn't come back on once reset mine did the same when I swapped. I can honestly say I never felt I was sitting any higher though? :confused:
  79. MickR

FK8 Oil catch can

Well I now know why my oil catch can has been empty and the pcv pipes were bone dry, turns out my rocker cover gasket has gone! Covered under warranty which is good but due to the Honda systems being hacked they're unsure of part availability and times Going to remove the can for the time being...
  80. MickR

EP3 2020 grille

have you looked into the j's racing grille ? (and the copies) they seem to give plenty of air flow :D
  81. MickR

EP3 2020 grille

iirc i read from the usa forums you could need the eye-brow black plastic parts above the headlights too ?
  82. MickR

FK8 Alignment/Geometry

I had 4 wheel alignment done at approx 16-17k due to excessive tyre wear. all 4 wheels had to be aligned as they where all slightly out. Guy at the garage recommend I have it checked yearly because of the crap roads and huge wheels we have :lol:
  83. MickR

FK8 Hard Decision

See if you can find a similar car in another dealer (one that offer free delivery) and ask them to match it. It's worked for me in the past ;) Would be great to see another type-R around the area though! :D
  84. MickR

FK8 Hard Decision

Was in a similar situation last year, went with the type-R in the end as it felt better all round. (Not quite as fast launching of the mark but everything else I preferred the type-R) I agree with the guys above and the fact that the golf-R manual I looked at was only getting mid 20's mpg wise...
  85. MickR

FK8 Anyone touched up their brembos?

Nah but I was wanting to this year (doesn't look likely) Got the car going in for a service in about a week, going to question the dealers about the clear coat on the brembo's (car is only 2years old) Fingers crossed they will do something about it
  86. MickR

FK8 Insurance ...

Can vouch for Adrian Flux, was with them for years. Good company to deal with. Only recently changed as they couldn't beat Axa (£420 protected NCB, reduced excess,.legal etc...)
  87. MickR

FK8 Anyone touched up their brembos?

I've got clear coat peeling on my brembo's, thought this thread was about that at first :confused: Fan, If you're feeling brave you could paint the unpainted parts around the edge of the pads too ;)
  88. MickR

FK8 Oil catch can

If you watch the Mishimoto installation video on YouTube it gives you great views of where the piping needs to go (better than any photos I could take with my phone ) it's what I used as a reference. It's PCV side, basically 1 tube to remove from the head to the intake. In an ideal world The...
  89. MickR

i ended up keeping the brembo pads as they still had plenty of meat left on them :D old pads top / new pads bottom
  90. MickR

installed these bad boys today :D purchased from cox motor parts, just a shame its started raining though so not had time to bed them in much
  91. MickR

FK8 Oil catch can

Seriously easy to do, don't sweat it You Can't reuse any of the original tubing as it's too short and I Only needed tubing because the one that came with the can was short and clear, which I don't like. You Just need 10mm tubing of your choice, I personally bought 3meters from eBay (UK...
  92. MickR

Pretty easy to do in my opinion, and your not getting ripped off for $25 like some companies charge...? I used tape and thin card to make a template then cut it from carbon vinyl sheet. Think the trickiest part was cutting out the shape as my hands are not the steadiest
  93. MickR

just some carbon vinyl i had spare (sticky back)
  94. MickR

gave her a wash today :D oh and i made some rear fender vent accent vinyl overlay type things to help stop the stone chips a little :mad:
  95. MickR

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

its not that the 20" perform badly, its the limited option for track tires and the price for 20" the market has a lot more options for 18" (from what ive been reading)
  96. MickR

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

Loads of guys in the US run 18's it's one of the first things most of them do, it's also got people over there complaining why Honda haven't put 18" wheels on the limited edition since it's advertised as more track focused? Almost everyone agrees the 20" wheels like you say are not really...
  97. MickR

FK8 Oil catch can

I read over at civicx that Mishimoto catch cans are just rebranded universal ones if you know where to look. You can get them with the copper filter / baffle and they're identical just without the branding. Here's an example, this one even has similar mount like the mishimoto...
  98. MickR

FK8 Oil catch can

as an afterthought i may cut the bracket down a little more and paint it black
  99. MickR

FK8 Oil catch can

Well I've got the catch can in and all seems to be working well. Not to bad of an install, a little fidley but easy doable by most. However I did notice the original pipe was completely bone dry, even had a small amount of white powder you sometimes get on new rubber? So I guess time will tell...
  100. MickR

EP3 Hondata flash pro questions and or Alternatives

ive been looking into this also.. good news is with Hondata, you dont need to send your ecu for jailbreak anymore as hondata can do an instant jailbreak ($250 directly from Hondata themselves) https://www.hondata.com/instant-jailbreak
Back