• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. X

TIMING CHAIN DONE BEFORE??

sorry guys my bad should have read 122 thou..the white marks i refer to are actually highlighting the timing marks on the sprockets as if to make them easier to see and the sealant i can see is if you actually look down inside the timing cover where it mates to the block..i cant imagine Honda...
  2. X

sorry guys my bad should have read 122 thou
  3. X

Hi all Due to the fact my R came with very little service history I was contemplating having the timing chain replaced, the car is on 22 thou now and I was wanting to be more safe than sorry, however I adjusted the valve clearances today and I saw that all the timing marks had reasonably clean...
  4. X

valve clearance question

thanks for the info Hamza Type R
  5. X

valve clearance question

hi all I am going to adjust my valve clearances tomorrow and never having done twin cam ones before i have a question..when the relevant piston is at tdc, are the inlet AND the exhaust done at the same time..i have watched various you tube vids and seen that the timing wheel marks are turned to...
  6. X

timing chain cost?

hi all anyone had a fn2 timing chain replaced lately? just wandering on the average cost also does anyone know a good independent in the Wiltshire area competent enough tp do such a job if not it will have to be the stealers thanks
  7. X

timing chain engine out or not

ita 2008 fn2 thanks
  8. X

timing chain engine out or not

hi all i will be looking to change the timing chain on my R, with the mileage approaching 122000 i feel its time..my question is can the chain be changed with the engine in the car? thanks
  9. X

after market parts

Hi all I have just bought a second fn2 R which to be fair is in reasonable nick, it has 125000 on the clock but runs sweet and has reasonable history. the car also came with a good few spare parts including a brand new in box BGA timing chain kit, my question is should I use the kit? I know a...
  10. X

bonnets

hi all probably a silly question but are mk8 bonnets interchangeable across the range? I have a type r and need another bonnet which i can get not to far from me but its off a lesser model thanks
  11. X

windscreen cleaning

hi 1 question..how do all you guys clean the inside of the fn2 windscreen, drivers side? I obviously have fat hands cos I cant get them down between the top of the dash and the screen to reach the bottom is there a top tip?
  12. X

fn2 poly bush question

hi this may sound like a stupid question but will poly anti roll bar bushes help stop the thing from rolling in bends or is this just a type r trait.I have replaced the shocks with new all round and the springs are Tein s tech lowering 20mm rear 15mm front.car just seems to roll into...
  13. X

p/s powerfold not working after changing sod

hi the p/s powerfold mirror on my fn2 does not work,in fact untill today neither worked so I purchased 2 sod units and fitted them the d/s now works but not the p/s I have swapped over the sod's the d/s still works but not the p/s.Checking the wires there are a blue wire and a red wire going...
  14. X

burning rubber smell

well here's the thing..after reading many posts on various sites about the low bite point of my clutch pedal and seeing various vids on youtube i thought what a good idea it would be to adjust the pedal (doh) so up under dash, undo locknut turn the thing a whole turn and lo and behold my biting...
  15. X

horn positive or ground

thank you both for making things a bit clearer
  16. X

horn positive or ground

thank you..may i ask you another related question..if the original horn is earthed at the switch and column does this mean the wire at the horn itself is live and can be connected to a relay to operate air horns when the horn button is pressed..forgive my ignorance electrics are not my forte
  17. X

horn positive or ground

does anybody know if the horn is positive or ground activated thanks
  18. X

no display after double din fitment

thanks for the reply i will investigate.
  19. X

no display after double din fitment

hi I've just fitted a jvc double din to my fn2 but the one i ordered didn't come with a harness adaptor so i bought that separate as well as the aerial adaptor now its all in I have no led display for the clock or a/c functions is this correct or do I need another adaptor..seems like Im going...
  20. X

burning rubber smell

ah thanks Hazz..clutch would make sense its done 118000 miles and although I dont have all the history I do have a lot and I cant see any evidence the clutch has been changed.Will be changing the box at the same time as 1st and 2nd whine might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone.thanks
  21. X

burning rubber smell

thanks Flashy I get the clutch but what would cause the vtec to smell and what would i be looking for?
  22. X

fn2 sportex

great thanks for the reply I might try abit of gentle heat as well.job for the weekend
  23. X

burning rubber smell

hi sorry if im in wrong section, when giving my fn2 beans around the lanes on my way home I have a strong burning rubber smell coming into the cabin,driven normally = no smell, at first i thought it was a tyre rubbing on something... thats the sort of smell it is.. the reason i thought this is...
  24. X

fn2 sportex

hi I have been given a sportex race tube as a belated birthday gift from my son as the middle section of exhaust is knackered and I have a couple of questions regarding the fitting..firstly the tube is 2.5" in diameter and looks huge does anyone know if it fits the standard cat and back box?both...
Back