• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

‘09 FN2 type R - LCD display unit flickers off

Hi. Before I post this I have asked this on this forum before but I have a couple of things to add. I’ve only had my ‘09 FN2 Type R a couple of years and I’ve had a problem with my head unit lcd since (clock/ac etc). I was going to replace it this summer as I’ll be using the car more. There was...
  2. M

Type R FN2 - Electrics or LCD at fault?

Thank you, so from that I take it you think that it’s definitely the lcd unit as well? I know they’re renowned for dodgy soldering. I wanted to double check the symptoms before taking it all apart etc.
  3. M

Type R FN2 - Electrics or LCD at fault?

I have an FN2 that’s had this fault since I’ve owned it. It’s never bothered me before but I’ve just had the Aircon serviced and regassed which means it now works and I don’t want the A/C on all the time. I know that there can be problems with the LCD time/radio display. Now mine it doesn’t...
  4. M

FN2 2009 FN2 New Owner Questions

@flashy - yes it would wouldn’t it? I meant screenwash. Corrected
  5. M

1 - I’ll try descaling 2 - Thats annoying. I was debating swapping out the stereo anyway. It’s not that much of a big deal as use my phone through the aux for music but would like to be able to see the buttons. When switching between aux/radio. 3 - Thats fine. Didn’t want to muck around...
  6. M

1 - Windscreen Jets. The windscreen screen jets don’t seem to be working properly. I activate them and there’s a quick spurt of screenwash but then it stops. The pump still runs. As there’s a tiny spurt of water each time, is this the problem that will be solved by the well known fix of...
Back