• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. H

Front sach shocks Replacment

ok, cheers for the heads up. I'm guessing you had a chance to look over the parts. I'm not going to hold you accountable if they are wrong or anything, that's down to me checking correctly. just want a second opinion to make sure that's all. thanks for the reply, will check over on Civicfo.com.
  2. H

Just wondering if anybody has had a chance to look at want I wanted to purchase. Thought they was a decent price. I do appreciate people are busy, just wanted somebody to take a quick look. Do you need to change the mounts at the same time and what is a worthy brand to use. If some one gets the...
  3. H

My front two shock absorbers require replacement as these where highlighted on the mot. I am going to purchase these of Auto doc, could somebody look over the info to see if these are correct parts to order. Website - Auto Doc Left - 313-593 Right - 313-594
  4. H

Best mugen replica front grill

Was looking at purchasing the mugen grill which is expensive and just out of reach for the moment and was hoping to find a replica mugen for half the price hence the first post. Then I looked on cox spares and I liked the stealth grill also, so until I save enough money to purchase the mugen...
  5. H

Nobody never got a mugen after market grill fitted at any time, Original is around 450 mark. I have looked on cox motor spares and found a stealth grill which appeals, but its basically the same grill I have already with a black badge, could I find the badge or a silver/black badge...no. That...
  6. H

EP3 Gp front lower bumper

Being OEM im hoping so, reason im buying is that be very good fit also. Wish I could afford rear but that be end of year I think. Can the splitter just be removed without fully removing the bumper, does it just clip off?
  7. H

EP3 Gp front lower bumper

Does the gp front bumper come with mesh fitted like the oem grill type or is the bumper just clear.., hope that makes sense Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
  8. H

Looking for a replica mugen front grill. Whi does the best for fitment, quality etc
  9. H

EP3 Honda oil use at services

Oil is just under the full mark, which I dont think is that bad for usage since the service was done in August.
  10. H

Checked my service receipt, 5w-30 total was used. It seems they is a difference it what is used. Surely they should be a president of what grade should be used.
  11. H

What oil do honda use at their services, cars done 70 thou and oil needs topping up. Prob be asked before..
  12. H

EP3 Engine cooling fans kick up and burning oil smell

I have been reading a little concerning the fans. I found you have to manually turn the A/C off otherwise its on automatically and the fans kick up all the time constanlly. I have turned the aircon off that shows on your display and the fans air behaving as i think they should now, not kicking...
  13. H

Checked oil level which is fine as for checking the coolant levels that us hard to see the coolant level. So instead I removed the raidiator cap and checked to see if that is full which it is all times when cooled down or before driving. I get no rise in temp when driving as this stays at a...
  14. H

Over the last few days after driving and even when driving I get a smell of burning oil. I have looked over the engine bay and cant see any signs off heavy leaking oil. Their is deposit signs where the rocker cover gasket seals but nothing major. I have had a good look around but cant see any...
  15. H

EP3 Front light calamity

Success, did the magnet trick and got the bulb. Them lights casings are huge and deep. Bit over kill if you ask me. Another question, can you purchase side lights and fog light bulbs whiter. I have replaced the main lights to illuminate whiter so want to do it all across the front.
  16. H

EP3 Front light calamity

Was going to try that, but the metal encasment of the bulbs are stainless steel. Hope its a cheap stainless and will have magnetic properties. Will try when I get into work. I will attach a small magnet to a welding rod and fingers crossed it gets it.
  17. H

EP3 Front light calamity

Well I thought nice easy 2 min job to change a couple front lights bulbs, oh no. Bought 2 new front light bulbs, 5000k white lights. Changed drivers side easy, nooob here drop passenger side into the casing, can I get that sucker out, no. Going to have to remove the cluster to tip the light to...
  18. H

Water droplets from pollen filter

Just vacuuming my car out this morning after having adrive out and noticed water droplets from the pollen filter. This normal to happen, had a little water mark and a drip appearing from the pollen filter
  19. H

EP3 2007 fn2 valve clearance guide / specs?

0.29mm is 0.011" its closer 0.011 than 0.012 , so cant see being a misprint, it actually 0.0114" so will be 0.011 than rounded upto 0.012" due to the 4th decimal point being 4 if this makes sense.
  20. H

What did you do to your Type R today?

ClimAir wind deflectors, thought it would look good, totally undecided. Cant decide if it looks o.k or its spoiling the look of the car, just cant make up my mind, sons says it spoils it. Will have a good look in morning and decide..
  21. H

FN2 Possible over heating issues

Havent had chance to look at that yet, but will this weekend. I think I may have discovered how its condensating ..my theroy. The condensation is appearing on the outside window not inside. The heat generated from the engine is traveling/transfeing up under the bonnet, under the plastic trim on...
  22. H

Well still getting slight condensation build up at the bottom of my drivers window when on the road, been looked at, change pollen filter, so god knows...
  23. H

Well had my car looked over, no possible issues, like you mentioned, mech said possible air con, just that I noticed when parked up, change pollen filter no misting on the window since. He said you would be suprised with the amount of water that can drip off.
  24. H

EP3 Valve Spring Issue?

I deal with springs on various occasions in safety valves. Usually any compression spring ends with the pitch of the coil being ground to zero, sqaured and ground. This is to give even compression of the spring on the area its seating and even compression upwards through its axis. Couldnt say if...
  25. H

Pollen filter dry as a bone, needs changing as it’s slightly black. Going to try and get it in garage tomorrow and see what the hell is happening.
  26. H

Don’t have the a/c on. It’s always off, just have the fan blowing, still doesn’t explain the oily substance on the window.
  27. H

Water mark Just been out and taken photo of pool of water. I hit the undercarriage and spilled some of the water on to my fingers. Can’t smell coolant in the water and fingers not sticky after drying. If it’s not from the engine why is my window inside have oil residue.
  28. H

I had the belt change a week ago, could this disturb the water pump and cause it to leak. Would this cause the possible overheating issue, does this circulate the water around the system to keep the engine cool. If it's just draining slightly through the water pump till it eventually all drains out.
  29. H

Don't really know, it's only just happened on my way home, looked underneath and it dripping away more than I would like really. From the oily marks on the window could that be from the coolant. When my last car started doing this it was the heater matrix, then it decided to dump all the water...
  30. H

Noticed slight misting on the bottom left hand side of the windscreen to the left of the middle heating vent on my way home from work. Fan was on setting 1 and 17 degress. Temperature gauge was fine. When got home looked under the car and there was dripping water in a little pool around the...
  31. H

FN2 Honda service record

Where did you get your pollen filter from, was looking at replacing air filter with a k&n, Is it worth it... Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
  32. H

FN2 Honda service record

Whats number 1 service, spoke to honda today and they do 2 services, a 12 @ £190 or 12+, 12+ include pollen, brake fluid, air filter extra at £290 plus vat and what the 12 covers. So the £16 a month pays for the 12. Going to fit pollen, air filter my selve as you stated and have 12 service...
  33. H

FN2 Honda service record

Just wondering peoples thoughts on keeping OEM full service record. Mine is due and has a full Honda service up to now, is it worth carrying this on or do most people look past this now. When do you change the gearbox fluids, this was carried out at honda @ 46164 miles, car is now on 67230...
  34. H

FN2 Service kit

Car is ready for service soon, just had its mot and just front shocks advisory, these will be changed when have the new eibach springs fitted. Their is a service kit on coxmotorspares, all the parts for around £173.89, is it worth it....?
  35. H

FN2 What's your MPG?

24-26mpg, I put in around £30- £35 a week high octane and drive it hard, but cant help it, foot heavy..I find the mpg/cost a decent offset to the fun I have with it. Never really thought about mpg, I just know it cost around the £30 -£35 a week mark to run it.
  36. H

FN2 Honda springs

I've purchased eibach lowering springs, when these are fitted do have to alter to stop uneven tyre wear
  37. H

FN2 Custom exhaust

Anybody had dealings with a company longlife exhausts(Tony banks) in leeds. Was looking at getting a custom exhaust made and fitted by them. Has anybidy on here used them before
  38. H

FN2 19" or 18" alloys

Sits at a nice height, can you go lower though on standard shocks without changing anything or is the eibachs just right. Can you get spacers to sit the wheels out a little and what would you recommend. Headlights, are they slightly tinted..? Love the bonnet/wheel and front grill..the front...
  39. H

FN2 19" or 18" alloys

Do you have any pics of your ride height with them fitted
  40. H

FN2 Honda springs

Does honda have colour coding on their springs. Was looking at mine when I was underneath the car. These where bkack with a, I think it was a green stripe running down. If so, is this correct...will look again to check.
  41. H

FN2 19" or 18" alloys

I've typed in the part code but it's showing lowering 20mm not the 15mm you mention. If it lowers by 20mm will I have to change the camber so I don't get uneven tyre wear.
  42. H

FN2 Possible new rear sub frame

Cars come back pre-mot..no problems apart from front leaking shock, no bother as im replacing these and springs. Anti rolls bars have already been done, which I thought hadnt. So shocks and springs with mot..job done. As for the rear sub, says its not to bad, seen worse, say the subframes a...
  43. H

FN2 Honda OEM Oil Filter

Just wondering, is it best to use the OEM oil Filter for the service of the car and what is the best oil to use. It's just that somebody mentioned this to me. If and when you have the service definitely use the OEM oil filter.
  44. H

When I get it in for the pre mot inspection I will get my mate to look over the subframe to see what he thinks. Maybe its like you mentioned, I'm looking to do some thing that totally doesn't need doing and just for purely cosmetics.
  45. H

The bracket for the exhaust has been removed, sand blasted/cleaned to be tacked back on either at my place of work or my mates garage. which in turn will be carrying out the MOT. Its going in Fri for pre inspection to see what is required, the only component was the anti-roll bars as a advisory...
  46. H

Pics of the rust Here are the pics of the rust the best I could take. My concern is the undercarriage where the plastic protection ends. Has the rust taken hold too much or can I clean the area and use protection paint over the rust to prolong the attack. My only other worry is the metal...
  47. H

Got few pics will be up in tbe morn, pics dont do the rust justice really. Looks worse than it does. It just gets worse and worse. Just bloody fixed the heat shield, now just noticed the exhaust has broken of its bloody bracket. What f@@king more can happen. Only purchased car 2 months ago. This...
  48. H

Not for 19 they aint, they were £131 fitted blackcircles, cut middle man and went straight to garage. Wouldnt take discount code so just went garage.
  49. H

hadn't had chance to get photos yet, will get them up tomorrow. Getting the tyres change due to the screw. Goodyear F1 Asymetric A5, 2 for £250 which I don't think is that bad really. I will get under tonight as I have a few components from work to fix the heat shield
  50. H

Was polishing the car today an knew the heat shield was vibrating on the exhaust.Went under to fix the heat shield, one bolt wont remove..typical. But when I got under the car, theirs more rust than I originally thought, which is worring me. Yes I know I need to replace the shock obsorbers but...
  51. H

FN2 Omg...feel conned

My world has crumbled beneath me.....right, on to washing and polishing the beauty but will close my eyes when I go around the exhausts....:p
  52. H

FN2 Omg...feel conned

I feel the must conned person in the world right now and I never knew it. They will now..call me stupid I don't care. But all these years I believed that the exhaust on the civic had st/st triangle tips......they're nottttt, can't believe it. Looked last as my heat shield come away. Always...
  53. H

FN2 Heat shield problem..

Its fine now, I put search in google and read it on an old post on another forum..seems like a common issue that happens. Will look at popping it down to my mates to tac weld it on if I cant fix it back on.
  54. H

FN2 Heat shield problem..

Just happened today really, noticed a slight vibration coming from the back end when setting off in 1st, going round corner slowly and changing into second then it disappears till I slow down. Looked under the rear passenger side, looks like a one side of a heat shield resting on the exhaust. It...
  55. H

Civic 8th gen 1.8

Did you like or have I missed the post somewhere else
  56. H

FN2 FN2 Exhaust

Hey guys, been trying to find threads concerning exhausts for the fn2. Any body got good threads, need to info on how people have fitted them, best types, best for noise, fitting to the tail pipes, have people change the make up at the back to look away from the triangle etc Actually didnt know...
  57. H

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

My back is now getting used to the overally tight seats rubbing, diggin in to my sides. Ive realised if I drive 100-120mph every where I totally forget about it...sorted. No seriously it is getting to the point where its managable now. It does irritate every so often but more enjoyable a...
  58. H

2011 FN2 Deep Sapphire Blue

That does look nice. These things are sent to test us these little niggles. That's how we get to know our way around the car, then pass on the info to others in need. Only owned mine a few months, little things need sorting. When you get everything working as it should, then that is a nice buy...
  59. H

FN2 Bit of fun on the way home

Ha, got loads of stories, not civic one this one When I had my hyundai coupe had a renault megane racing me... I mean following me on my way to work at 6am speed restrictions followed at all times of course. I had just fitted some new tyres and knew I could hit a certain corner at a respectable...
  60. H

FN2 Why did you buy a FN2?

That is replicated across the board in all aspects of manufacturing just not cars, cheap materials charged at high prices. Just the way of the world, supply and demand, if people are willing to pay it then it will just carry on and on and on. I see this in my job everyday....
  61. H

Ha, well he didn't get away, not even pulling away, think he was a little surprised, more than me really because he gave up when we hit 60 because that is the speed limit. Was stuck behind him as a car was in front of him, but was in that region of being in second but just not enough to drop...
  62. H

FN2 Why did you buy a FN2?

Their isnt a edition with the rage alloys, but honda did do a massive recall..... To replace your backbone..after that they got fed up and supplied you one as a extra with the car. Its under spare Wheel, not many know that...:p On serious note, It was between type r, vxr and st. Went with...
  63. H

Meet a focus st mk2 on the way home. Thought I would gauge my car, really surprised me. It opened out on to a dual carriageway and I was behind him to start. It only pulled a metre away till I hit vtec and stayed with him all the way. He was well going for it because that sucker was loud...
  64. H

Water levels

Yeh bloody nightmare, I have tryed putting a torch against the bottle to try and make a shadow to show the water level. Better carry water in the back because you never know.
  65. H

Water levels

Anybody got a good trick to how to check your water level in your car. Its nearly buried into the car is the bottle. When I had the bumper off yesterday it was hard to see the level. I know I'm old and senile but come on....I tried a few times but couldn't get a exact measure or am I missing a...
  66. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

Yessss, new fog lights Well didn't take me that long to remove the bumper. I cleaned the bumper off, 12 years of dirt and the metal bracket the bumper attaches too. That needs treating in the summer, couple of rust spots but nothing drastic. Removed the lights, replaced, hey presto, working...
  67. H

FN2 Rust

Yes sorry, that's what I meant, clean up, treat the rust and then paint to protect
  68. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

When I remove the screws at the arch and capscrews underneath an the clips. How does it come away from the front grill and lights.
  69. H

FN2 Rust

Yes, dosent look too bad. That reminds I need to have look under mine and compare. If it looks like yours im happy, can you get the under carriage seal with some type of protection? That way you will have piece of mind, or get under it an give it a good clean and paint the parts that you can...
  70. H

FN2 What is this..?

Yes thats them, but only had half left. I think the are made out of a polyester/ wrapped fibre glass material, they possibly dont hold water but I would of thought it wouldn't be a good idea over the years. Just use a bit of rubber would surfice when jacking the car up. Mine is slighty rusting...
  71. H

FN2 Shocks going..?

When I jacked the car up at the front end it lifted the back wheel off the floor. When I did the opposing side I cant remember the tyre leaving the floor. Going to check in the morning when I get to work, cant do it at home because the drive is uneven. Is that the case, the springs and shocks...
  72. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

Possibly looking at doing the whole of the underneath joints, I mean the long joints were you jack the car up that runs the length of the car. I think the silver will be perfect for that job. Then the black for underneath the bumper will suffice I think.:smt023
  73. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

I will look that up sounds just the thing I'm looking for, mind you I will look at work first. We paint valves in a paint spec that's for offshore. If not, that sounds just right, shame they don't do it in the silver. When I remove the bumper I will paint the surrounding areas. What is the cost...
  74. H

FN2 What is this..?

Guess they put it on to protect the paint work then. Need to get rid because it will hold water in the material when it rains and will just rust the lot.
  75. H

FN2 What is this..?

That's what I thought, but the jacking point is at the side of the material, I wonder if it ran to the other side across the jacking point and they have only removed half off it.
  76. H

FN2 What is this..?

Please can somebody tell what it is. Can I remove it, what's it for, is it there to hide or protect something. Spotted a little rust running along there also. That will be getting sorted this summer.
  77. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

Completed Well, went straight forward really. Drilled 3mm pilot, Finish 5mm Tapping drill, tapped 6mm, used Stainless steel 6mm Setscrews with washers-O/D16mm(for now). Used Carbide drills, like through butter it was. Just need to get hold of some self coloured Setscrews really. Not ideal using...
  78. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

No problems, dont think it needs too much depth, 10-15mm will surfice. Its only holding bottom of the plastic bumper. If I get into work early tomorrow morn, I will drill them out.
  79. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

So if thats the case their 6mm long. The thread is 6mm or are the cars imperial, cant see it being 1/4 unc. The thread dosent look coarse enough. Im going with 6mm, thats fine. I will drill and tap 6mm thread and 9mm depth.
  80. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

Yeah I know, just a little annoying. I will get some carbide drill bits. The bolts be out in seconds, its cheap material. Its just time consumming, getting car in to work etc. Any body know the length of the bolts. Just helps with the drilling depth. Carnt see them being more than 20mm
  81. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

It looks like a 6mm alan key loction in the cap head. Im hoping that if I go down the middle with a 3mm pilot hole I can then go down with a 6mm, 6.5 drill and hopefully the head will drop off ..in a ideal world. The bolt has a plain 10mm shaft after the head so looks like I will have to drill...
  82. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

Found out now why the fog lights hadn't been changed before I purchased the car. I thought at first when I started the driver's side that somebody must have had a go before. Got all the wheel archs loose, removed the two screws on the arches holding top sides of the bumper. Proceeded to start...
  83. H

Luke's FN2

Car looks nice, I would keep the smokey looking indicator . Sets the car off.
  84. H

FN2 Changing fog lights

Well I am making a attempt at changing my whole fog lights this afternoon to new. For some reason both bulbs have blown and discoloured the glass. Got new supplied and bulbs, so that is my afternoon taken up. Fingers crosseded everything goes to plan.
  85. H

FN2 Weird roll feed back when I corner at speed

Is that general opinion for 18s or have alot have them on 19s also Looks like I might stretch to the michelins. Might fit michelins to the front, see how they are, then in the coming months move them to the rear and fit the f1 and see how they get on or is that classed as bad practise.
  86. H

Right I gave been doing a little digging. The numbers 87 or 91 is the load index of the tyre, basically load/weight on the tire in kg at a specified psi required, thus holding the vehicle. Higher the load index, more material used stiffer the tyre becomes, it can take more weight and a higher...
  87. H

I think I will look into the eagle f1, its coming close to needing the front tyres changing. May be the tyre roll was from me pushing the car and tyres to hard and to the limit into the corner. It just didnt feel right and I lost a bit of confidence with the car going into corners hard. It felt...
  88. H

I think the numbers relate to the load index of the tyre, meaning a certain load rating like 91 wiil imply to a certain weight capacity for that tyre. Could be wrong, I can just remember reading it some where a while ago when I was looking for tyres for my other car.
  89. H

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric5, are these the tyres you mean
  90. H

O.k, cheers. Looking at changing these soon anyway. What is a decent tyre for the oem 19". Dont want to pay crazy money. £100-£130 is probably my limit, if I can keep under the £130 I would be happy.
  91. H

Yokohama advan sport all around
  92. H

Wondering if anybody can explain what the car is doing when I enter corners at speed. The car feels like it rolls on the tyres when I go round a corner. Its hard to explain, its like if you put a balloon under your hand and roll your hand back and forth slightly. Its feels like the car is moving...
  93. H

Sorry wrong thought I was on fn2 page
  94. H

Thought I had a flat on my 19"s, so went to garage to put air in. Correct pressure, was like "eh", realised drive on a slight slant and uneven. What a d#@kh#@d, still looks like I have a flat. No excuse...have just moved in ***.
  95. H

FN2 Changing fog lights and the bulbs

Reason I Asked is I have just purchased a trolley jack and axle stands. Just the perfect for the task at hand.
  96. H

Do you have to jack the car and remove the wheels to carry this out.
  97. H

FN2 Wind deflectors...?

Looks like these are on order then...
  98. H

FN2 Thinking of changing honda badges

I have seen honda badges that have a black background with a red H and think they look pretty smart. Thinking off replacing mine with these. Having looked around are these only after market or can you purchase oem. Does anybody have these on their silver fn2. If so can you post a quick pic to...
  99. H

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

Well I have found the cheapest option, my bed pillow with a black pillow case to blend in lol. Just keeps me out of the irritation zone an still comfortable to use while driving like a madman....I mean a responsable person. I want other bits an pieces before I start looking at changing the sests.
  100. H

Do you have to remove the whole bumper to replace the fog lights. What about just changing the bulbs, surely that is straight forward and no need to take half the car off.
Back