• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. O

FL5 New Civic Type R

Honda Australia confirmed last year in a press release that RHD will be made in Japan. I assume that will be for all RHD markets as it wouldn't make sense to just do UK RHD in the US and Japan and Australia RHD in Japan..
  2. O

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

Honda Australia are reported in multiple recent press articles saying ours will be made in Japan. So Possibly all LHD US and all RHD Japan?
  3. O

FK8 Fk8 current values

I own an i30N and have had two FK8s (MY18 and now LE). The i30N is a step down as a pure driver's car in every area compared to the FK8 but is still a well balanced and highly capable car with no significant weakness except perhaps it's 50-80kg heavier than it needs to be. Overall it's...
  4. O

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

For me it's that a modern mass manufacturer bothered to take what was an already universally lauded chassis and spent resources/tuning on tyres, wheels, dampeners, steering, etc just to make it go even faster on a track. Then they backed it up with a cracking lap time at a world class circuit...
  5. O

Try £79k for an Australian version! And others have sold for £62k and £73k. https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2021-honda-civic-type-r-limited-edition?fbclid=IwAR25Zy-NDxM7Ob3XyrfteTJYNr3WCpAVfVvMZshZjVsiCELx7Y1DZsJDqaI
  6. O

FK8 FK2/FK8 sportline wheels

Oops I meant 245/35/19 ...
  7. O

FK8 FK2/FK8 sportline wheels

I ran the FK2 wheels with 245/45/19 Michelin PS4S on my FK8. The rolling diameter was only a few mm off the stock 20" and the offset is the same. I found turn in didn't feel quite as sharp as the 30 series on the 20" but it wasn't that far off and the extra comfort and potentially not damaging...
  8. O

Just saw a YouTube video with UK-014 now in Thailand. At this rate there won't be any left in the UK.
  9. O

At the rate the UK examples are making their way to Hong Kong there will be hardly any left in Old Blighty!
  10. O

Definitely in contrast to Honda Australia who ran a lottery with a fixed driveaway price of $70k for the 19 on offer. You still run the risk of people flipping the cars as you can't legally prevent that, but the few people I know who won appear to be genuine enthusiasts and not profiteers.
  11. O

EP3 FK8 Inbound

Ah I thought it was a factory LE wheel, just noticed it's a regular 20".
  12. O

EP3 FK8 Inbound

What was the individual spare wheel cost and/or part number?
  13. O

Our normal Type R only comes with a sealant, no space saver, and I suspect the LE will be the same. Mine will be a weekend only car but I'm actually likely to take it to a track once a year (not for lap records or to thrash it but just to stretch its legs) so the LogR function will be useful. I...
  14. O

Apparently 10kg sound deadening and 10kg wheels for the AUS spec. We might even get a rear wiper!
  15. O

We get both so only get a 20kg saving. Given where I live goes from - 8 to 44 Celsius the a/c will come in handy. No idea about the Japan spec but we may be the only RHD market with them both.
  16. O

I just hope they aren't as expensive as the optional white 20" are. I've managed to secure one of the 20 LEs coming to Australia and am trying to work out what to do for a spare or even a second set of wheels. We have so much coarse chip bitumen here that even the OEM Contis on my current FK8...
  17. O

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Fairly similar, looks put quite a few off but hot hatches sell well here as a proportion of sales of lesser models in the same range. As of the end of last year I read they'd sold just over a thousand Type Rs but the cheaper i30N variant were tracking at twice that. Getting reasonably priced...
  18. O

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for those who posted in this thread about the availability of the new two piece 2020 rotors. Managed to pick up a set from Cox for £170 (no VAT) but even with the freight to Australia it works out close to half what we pay for OEM one piece rotors here. Notice...
Back