• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. JTMZ

FK8 Short Front Plate Mount

Hello, Can anyone point me in the direction of a short plate mount for the front of a FK8 Type R. Similar to the one in the below picture: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. JTMZ

What did you do to your Type R today?

OMG me too [emoji31] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. JTMZ

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

41 Front / 36 Rear ?!?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. JTMZ

For those of you that have changed to 255/35/20 ... what tyre pressure are you running front and rear? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. JTMZ

Was told he is just finishing up bits today. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. JTMZ

No he is classed as a Tuners (none-essential) so has to close. I understand he is looking to reclassify as a garage as most of his work is in Gateshead. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. JTMZ

Well TDI is open, Paul can’t operate ... another delay. So transferred my tyres are getting fitted up here and hopefully Paul can open soon!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. JTMZ

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Omg what is someone thinking [emoji848] But that wing is illegal as it is wider than the bodywork!! [emoji1787][emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. JTMZ

You won’t have an issue, I have never handed a PCP car back with the same size tyres as it came with bar once. I would like to find one garage that even checks the car for anything other than CAP standard for the valuation to add into your next deal. Only fine you will get is if you hand the...
  10. JTMZ

Well TDI North are staying open (so 1 out of 2), it is whether Paul will come in on Saturday for the tuning, find out in the morning as he is in TDI all day. Mine is 2018, so all good on that front [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. JTMZ

Well I will give Jamie a call tomorrow morning and see what the situation is. Been a long time waiting and hopefully with previous cancellations may consider keeping my appointment. But if they close, they close ... nothing I can do. Just pain paying for Eventuri £1.2k 6 weeks ago. If they...
  12. JTMZ

Garage is essential ... so should be open, first phone call Monday. Hoping as it is getting too much now ... in need. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. JTMZ

Defo, can’t wait to get mine on next Saturday [emoji1787][emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. JTMZ

[emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. JTMZ

Tuned FK8 ... Where to Service

Hello all, Apologies if this has been covered. I have an FK8 Type R with Intake and custom remap ... I am looking to get the third service done in the North East, would you ... 1. Take it to a tuner garage, if so any suggestions?!?! 2. Still take it to Honda?!?! Sent from my iPhone using...
  16. JTMZ

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I have heard the part resonate one which sounds lush, but fancied a little more noise which is why I am going for the race. Not sure if I will stick with it, but fancy a little asbo for a change ... always gone quieter ... call it a mid-life [emoji1787] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. JTMZ

Yeah they are hoping to get sorted Monday to continue next week with minimal cancellations ... but 16:30 on Friday I was a bit gutted but tuning was the main part of my visit so a couple of weeks delay not the end of the world.
  18. JTMZ

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Yes agree ... triple pipes for me too ... will be going miltek full race!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. JTMZ

Unfortunately one of the engineers family tested positive for COVID @ TDI so Paul would not come in to do the tuning ... which is fair enough. So, all the guys there have tests booked for yesterday/today and going down on the 7th Nov ... so a little delay. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. JTMZ

Well she was a very dirty girl, so she got a wash today ... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. JTMZ

I use the Heko ones, great fit and no noise, it was a real pain to fit the clips properly but no issues and personally think they look good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. JTMZ

Yup, my 4 ordered and getting fitted Saturday. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. JTMZ

Yeah but you get some amazing results at the end. In on the morning, last legs on the tyres and four new Michelin PS4S after [emoji13] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. JTMZ

Yes mate, next week!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. JTMZ

Yes head unit switch Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. JTMZ

This be me next week. [emoji1787] Hopefully by the time I go back in the new year they will have a new higher power pops and bangs map [emoji13] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. JTMZ

On my wish list for the new year. Intake, KTuber, Remap, Asbo Map & Head Unit next Saturday 3” Front to Rear Exhaust, Turbo Pipe & Upper Wing in the new year. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. JTMZ

Have you got the top rear spoiler on that? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. JTMZ

Thanks for the info, ordered all 4 in this size. Gone for the Michelin PS4S 255/35/20. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. JTMZ

Come on guys, love to see the pics with what you have done [emoji2957] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. JTMZ

Anyone running 255/35 R20 Michelin PS4S tyres on their FK8??
  32. JTMZ

Same as other brands of old, change a few bits and tune out of the factory. Just means less work to do aftermarket. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. JTMZ

Yup... totally agree less can be more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. JTMZ

Spot on, thanks mate [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  35. JTMZ

Finally own a Type R

Very nice and looks super clean. Welcome [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  36. JTMZ

Link to purchase?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. JTMZ

No one can say you're wrong, it is your way of doing it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  38. JTMZ

Yea mate that was the post ... I will add a thanks to your reply[emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  39. JTMZ

Well, looked through this thread and can’t find the post that suggested Auto Glym Polar Blast (add a thanks) ... totally converted. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  40. JTMZ

I would agree, I went same as rear and especially in the dark, hard to judge parallel parking. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  41. JTMZ

Nice, is that what you're hoping for? About 420BHP Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  42. JTMZ

ASBO crackle map?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  43. JTMZ

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Looking lush [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  44. JTMZ

But I thought this thread was “what have you done to your Type R” not “what is the beat price I can get for my Type R” Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  45. JTMZ

This on my list, if the tech specs are right should be a good addition!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  46. JTMZ

Well have to say I have a £9k plan for my FK8 Type R ... got no chance of getting rid ... bought to do what I have with all my cars ... power, stance, sound and performance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  47. JTMZ

FN2 Nürburgring Bridge to Gantry FN2

Sounds Good [emoji108] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  48. JTMZ

Very true ... mess up the launch it is about 3x worse at the end. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  49. JTMZ

Have you driven the new supra?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  50. JTMZ

Well I tend to spend big fewer times ... so I will be down there 1-2 times a year spending £1-2k at a time so the way I worked it with my Audi @AwesomeGTI was I did a minor service 1st time and major service 2nd time ... I have always serviced my tuned cars twice a year. Sent from my iPhone...
  51. JTMZ

Looked at a few places but heritage, reputation and reviews TDI North won the flip. So going to travel there. Same with my Audi ... Awesome GTI had my work even thought it was a 2.5h drive to them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  52. JTMZ

Well yeah I am 6 months from MOT I said I would keep dealer stamps till MOT, then when the tuning gets serious I would get a tuning garage stamp for the remainder ... as long as what needs to be done and the garage has a good rep ... I think selling a tuned car the tuning garage stamp is worth...
  53. JTMZ

I could be up for some track action [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  54. JTMZ

JM Type R FK8 - Build Thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  55. JTMZ

Humm ... May give them a go. Is the 4yr shelf life realistic from their platinum package? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  56. JTMZ

What do you do with your stone chips?
  57. JTMZ

He knows the track very well ... What idiot who has not done plenty at that track does not wear a helmet?? [emoji848] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  58. JTMZ

Think it will be £4/500 well spent [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  59. JTMZ

Honestly, did not like the white of the FK8 when I bought it. But really starting to love it ... and the gloss on this is lush and what I was thinking of paying for a wrap I fancy getting this done [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  60. JTMZ

I am looking at a couple of new front tyres, done quite a bit of research on a few sites: Goodyear Eagle F1 seem No.1 Vredestein Ultrac & Michelin Pilot Super Sport @ No.2 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  61. JTMZ

FN2 Newbie tuning advice please

Kit will be about £3k. On my S3 I went down the Cryo-Freeze option. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  62. JTMZ

Something I have not really considered in past cars, but how much would you be looking to pay for a job like that? It makes the paint work look amazing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  63. JTMZ

External Jobs (Now): 1. Private Plate (Done) 2. Type R Owners Decals (Done) 3. Front Window Tints 4. Heko Wind Deflectors (Done) 5. Full Wash (Done) 6. Minor Scratch Removal (Meguiar’s) 7. Step 1 Paint Cleaner 8. Step 2 Crystal Polish 9. Step 3 Carnauba Wax Internal Jobs (Now): 1. Honda Hack...
  64. JTMZ

FN2 Newbie tuning advice please

This is what I am looking for Stage 2 400-440bhp with minimal mods, keep the car as standard as possible. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  65. JTMZ

I will certainly try ... Being a VAG (now converted Honda) Nut I have got some big guns on some forums in the past, 4WD has been a big thing for SEAT and Skoda as they don’t get it, but if the systems works I think it will be a thing for a few people on here!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  66. JTMZ

Aww no offence taken ... I have raced with a few companies in the past and done faster laps in similar cars than my own. I have no issue pushing my car but it always yours and on a racer nicks and bumps are a possibility but you don’t want a crash or potential write-off lol [emoji2957] Sent...
  67. JTMZ

One of my first project cars was a 1.8T Leon ... I did a 4WD conversion on it and with time and effort (6 weeks off the road) the system was flawless ... it was like the Audi equivalent with Quattro. I am hoping that 9 years later the conversions of today will be better with no impact to the...
  68. JTMZ

Some serious cars, Would still take the RS4 or FK8 out of the lot ... Going to meet a guy who has done a 4WD conversion on an FK8 ... when I head to TDI North in October to see what it is like ... would complete the car. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  69. JTMZ

Aww mate it was amazing. We did 12 days 3,700 miles. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  70. JTMZ

But post what I did do rather than what I could lol [emoji6] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  71. JTMZ

No excuses but ring was busy and only had 5 laps, but I could have took time off but a little fear held me back a bit as it was my ride home [emoji52] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  72. JTMZ

There are some amazing roads out there. Done a couple on our own and Rico Rally 2016 only organised one I have done as a mate was doing it ... Romania was still my favourite. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  73. JTMZ

Accidents happen, but sure the owner and garage could have handled private. But embarrassing for the owner and a client “cock block” for the garage. Remember having a BMW 435d 4 years ago on lease with work and wanted to charge me over £400 for door damage after 18 months with no issues from me...
  74. JTMZ

Why you should get a Chris Knott quote this summer...

Well thought I would try a quote ... 3 times what I am currently paying. Even Adrian Fluxx was cheaper [emoji45] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  75. JTMZ

Well picked up the car last Saturday, V5C back today so plates on. We will use this as the start point on a long planned build ... very clean, but a bit of a perfectionist so there are some paint work clean up needed to be perfect as a full start point!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  76. JTMZ

Civic 8G/9G/10G and CR-V Option Connectors - Hardwiring for Dashcams etc.

Humm... will have a look at the weekend. Thanks [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  77. JTMZ

I had Audi S3 8P: APR Stage 3, Custom 3” exhaust, VW Carbonio Intake, upgraded fuel pump & injectors, forged pistons and rods, Neuspeed pulley, short shift, lightweight wheels plus many others. Ring Time: 8m 52s Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  78. JTMZ

Are you doing a EU Rally?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  79. JTMZ

Ahh no worries, don’t want to be cutting at wires, will go with my second choice [emoji108] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  80. JTMZ

ooOOoo I like that ... very nice!! I like the colour combo with the black and red ... not seen one around me!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  81. JTMZ

Haha lol ... agreed ... a good intake with 99 Ron fuel to make the air fuel mixture better you may get 4-6 hp no more. My Audi S3 8P was stage 1 and spent half a day on dyno and went through 6 different intakes and change was 6hp at best (to be fair was not the most expensive). Sent from my...
  82. JTMZ

What Black Edition did you buy??? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  83. JTMZ

OMG what was he expecting ... obviously no research ... [emoji2957] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  84. JTMZ

GPS Tracker - Hard Wire

Hello, I have the following diagram and looking for a little advice as electrics are not my strong point ... Could anyone help with where to start and where I need to place the wires: 1. Thick Red 2. Thick Yellow * Where do I find the starter motor power 3. White (Permanent +ve live) 4...
  85. JTMZ

Will defo have a look [emoji108] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  86. JTMZ

Where you from MickR?!?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  87. JTMZ

Sunderland, just down the road ... Washington [emoji112] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  88. JTMZ

Yeah, I don’t want noise ... I want exhaust to be reasonable sound ... few to look at and visit to hear ... but hks from internet videos kinda sounds like my choice ATM. Your same as me, Newcastle living but not Geordie [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  89. JTMZ

To be fair I looked at the HKS twin tip looks really nice and the sound is supposed to be amazing. Newcastle? Your a northern lad?!?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  90. JTMZ

But, get what you want is a £50-60k price tag ... tuning allows you to buy the car, improve and build the way you want it not the way the manufacturer wanted it [emoji6] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  91. JTMZ

What are you looking at? Custom exhausts are not always bad ... I have had 3 from past builds all from EMP in St Albans. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  92. JTMZ

I would like stage 3/3+ where I take most of my builds I will go as far as hybrid turbo but not big turbo build. Be nice to be around 450bhp at about 1.2-1.4 bar. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  93. JTMZ

To be fair I was thinking on price but at current tuning on the FK8 there is not a lot that comes close the more you tune and just tend to try and not buy twice. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  94. JTMZ

I always do my research before buying and performance to price may be that of the Injen but actual end result looking at stage 2 and beyond the Eventuri seems to perform better. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  95. JTMZ

No never do. Don’t want to offend but I have had some really big power builds but all on the VAG scene in the past. Really wanted a change and test drove the FK8 and loved it so the start of something big here :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  96. JTMZ

The weird thing about this colour is some love and some hate. I hated the colour when I had a test drive, then a week later when I ordered the car ... went for the same damn colour :)
  97. JTMZ

Well Yesterday took delivery of my new Championship White Type R FK8 GT. Today, Honda Hack to allow access to the Head Unit. Tomorrow; book in for first stages of tuning ... and order Eventuri Full Intake System.
  98. JTMZ

Hello, Would this be suitable to help my hard wire a GPS Tracker to my FK8 Type R?
Back