• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. P

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Yeah I can't remember if you need to push the start button once or twice but without the clutch held down.
  2. P

Other Acura Integra Type R

I'd like that. Just mentioned to my partner though and she wasn't overly enthusiastic so probably wont happen for me :-( I hope the actual integra is as out there as the FK2 and FK8 (if that's possible).
  3. P

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

Haven't had any issues other than bloody stones getting caught between the disc splash plates and discs and it sounds like the exhaust has fallen down and is dragging on the floor. Happened today and was so embarrassing.
  4. P

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

If mine had arrived like that I'd be telling them to take it back and provide a new one as it should be. It's terrible they have provided it to you in such a condition.
  5. P

FK8 Noisy stones stuck behind the discs

Me and my son had that issue the other week, picked him up from school and sounded like the exhaust was dragging on the floor. Had to pull over and figured it must have been something rubbing on the discs. Had stopped by the time I got home.
  6. P

New Honda Civic unveiled

Probably buy one if it looks as good as the fk2 and fk8. Not interested in anything toned down
  7. P

My 2016 red FK2

Hiya, that's great. Yeah I will look after it. It's in great condition and a credit to you! I have a polished metal fk8 too so can't blame you! Although I think I prefer the fk2, it's locked in the garage whilst the fk8 has been relegated to the driveway. I assume your into car care as the...
  8. P

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Mine had the 5 year service plan and I took out another 4 year plan with honda for 1100. On year 6 it's marked as an oil and filter change. Although it's only done 1400 miles so far
  9. P

FK8 No more new FK8's

Maybe ex demo or pre registered + 1 private keeper. We live in a society where people often stretch what they can afford, maybe lost their job and had to sell quickly, or frequent car changers are quite common.
  10. P

FK8 No more new FK8's

Yeah I think so anyway. Better than made in some third world country
  11. P

FK8 No more new FK8's

Yep I expect the fk8 to hold its value very well being the last made in the UK.
  12. P

Thanks, I'm gutted rally armour don't do them for the fk2 aswell. Stones get trapped in the side skirts of the fk2 and fk8, I haven't had either long but the handful of times I've cleaned them I've had to reach behind the skirts and scoop all the stones out. Thankfully the flaps will stop that...
  13. P

Picked up my polished metal fk8 just over a week ago. Love it, ceramic coated it, fitted rally armour mud flaps and front and rear dream seat covers and ordered some Honda wind deflectors. Also lucky to have bought a red fk2 with 1k miles 4 weeks ago. Can't decide which one I like best, both...
  14. P

Thinking of buying an FK2, have a few questions if ok.

Exclusivity and looks for me. All the other cars you have listed are ten a penny where I live. Infact been out today to go ape in my mates golf r, quick but certainly uninspiring. The FK2 is totally out there and different
  15. P

My 2016 red FK2

Yeah it's basically brand new :) yep the fk8 will become the daily. Although I work from home and most places I go are within walking distance so daily doesn't mean a lot. My son loves the fk2 and getting dropped off at school in it so thats the job the fk8 will probably take lol
  16. P

My 2016 red FK2

Thanks :) Yeah both will be keepers till I drop lol. I was planning on a FK8 as they are amazing, and a MK2 focus RS or Nismo 370z. But then this came up with 1000 miles on the clock and it does what I wanted from the RS/Nismo so was a no brainer!
  17. P

My 2016 red FK2

They do look lovely in championship white, it was a hard choice!
  18. P

My 2016 red FK2

Polished metal. I originally wanted championship white but I test drove a 2018 polished metal and it looked great so ended up going for that colour.
  19. P

My 2016 red FK2

Thanks, I have an fk8 coming next month. I love the fk8 and can't wait for it to arrive but I've always preffered the look of the fk2 and when this came up I couldn't resist. Although meant my fabia vrs has gone as I've ran out of room :(
  20. P

My 2016 red FK2

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a red FK2. It's in lovely condition and has the carbon interior pack fitted. I've just got round to cleaning it this weekend, applied a coat of Fusso Soft to the paintwork and cleaned and sealed the glass with gtechniq. I haven't really got any plans for it...
  21. P

First time Honda owner

Looks very nice, congrats! Good idea to get it ceramic coated, especially with it being black!
  22. P

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

Purchased an fk2 today, collecting on Friday. Absolutely can't wait. Got my fk8 coming next month. Safe to say I love both models. Sadly my mk1 fabia vrs I have owned for 12 years has sold today to make room for the fk2 :( fk2 going to be the weekend toy and fk8 the daily, although since I work...
  23. P

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

I love the looks of the fk8 in the flesh and after test driving one was completely sold. Been waiting for mine to be made since 1st Jan, hopefully coming soon. I also love the fk2 and now looking for one to have as my daily. I'd say get both if you can, although if I ever needed to sell one the...
  24. P

FK8 Not many brand new FK8s left apparently - just ordered mine

I will give my dealership a call on Friday to see what they say. If mines July a bit worried it won't end up happening.
  25. P

Factory closes July so there can't be many batches left. There's a video on YT of an American guy watching his black FK8 get made at the factory and they are made in batches. The production line switches between the different Civic models and colours etc.
  26. P

FK8 Collecting fk8

Looks really nice, do you have any plans for it?
  27. P

FK8 Collecting fk8

I'm not really that worried about thieves for when I pick mine up. It will be garaged at home but they really stand out and I don't think there's many on the road in the UK so probably not much of a market for spares and harder to clone. Also they ain't like a focus rs where people steal them...
  28. P

FK8 Collecting fk8

Congratulations, lovely day for it! Hope to see some photos!
  29. P

I ordered mine on 31st December, polished metal. I wanted one with a 2021 plate as for me it will be a bit more special as it will be final reg. CTR made in the UK. Was given a date of 30th April. They called last month to advise it will be May now. I don't really mind when it comes as wont be...
  30. P

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I'm sure the case which set the standard related to cotton and was a few hundred years old. But yeah basically what happened to your friend with the invitation to trade not being the formation of a contract is correct. That seems really bad service for your friend, I certainly wouldn't be very...
  31. P

A while since I did that subject at Uni and don't recall the ins and outs, but wrong Im afraid as there is no contract to sell formed at this stage.
  32. P

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

I phoned up just as you were collecting. Was after the one you got. Although they did me quite a nice deal on a polished metal one due in April. You definitely got a steal there though!
  33. P

That looks a bargain. A garage near me has one with more miles up for 29k.
  34. P

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

Looking forward to seeing some photos.
  35. P

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

Yeah I've got some Gtechniq C5 ready for them, going to do the wheels and brake callipers as soon as its home. With regards to yours you could always still apply a coating once they are clean.
  36. P

When's the Swindon factory close and might we see a Type R 'Final edition' special?

Yeah definitely, I can hardly wait. I went for Polished Metal. Bought some rally armour flaps in black with grey writing and got my Gtechniq ceramic coatings at the ready. Going to spend a good week protecting it when I get it and then look forward to many drives :)
  37. P

My delivery date is end of April, I don't mind if it gets pushed back a little, hopefully be one of the final CTR's built in the UK.
  38. P

I've ordered mine in polished metal, expected delivery is April. Although guess it may have been pushed back further now, really hope they get it built before July!
Back