• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. sugarpuff

FN2 Hot off the press - Tdi North.

Wang?
  2. sugarpuff

carbon spoiler, fitted but dunno if it looks right

mmmm bit of a marmaite one that is, if its a prob just get it sprayed....
  3. sugarpuff

KAD brakes anyone?? (EP3 6 pot caliper upgrade)

Im sure someone on CTRO runs these and there is a thread about them.
  4. sugarpuff

Any Volk CE28N copies out there?

I think the Rota Fighter alloy is a near copy but not as many spokes.
  5. sugarpuff

Cw ep2

In the 'FN' Civic range the Type S is a 3 door and the Sport is a 5 door, but in the 'EP' Civic range the Type S is 5 door and the Sport a 3 door. Here is one >>>> http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1453518.htm
  6. sugarpuff

Cw ep2

Its not a Type S its a Sport lol
  7. sugarpuff

new CR-X? Updated: CR-Z

From what ive read and seen the plan is for a Type R version with the 1.5 litre petrol engine tuned to 150bhp by Mugen and a 50bhp electric motor.
  8. sugarpuff

Excessive fuel consumption or the other one?

I just relised, I read your 1st post wrong. I thought you were saying you used a whole tank to get there, not there and back lol
  9. sugarpuff

Well I go to Tattershall just outside Boston
  10. sugarpuff

SPAX coilovers any good ?

My brother uses these on his Focus. They are a good kit and he has had them now for two and a half years with no probs what so ever. Only thing is on his car they have to be set up when unfitted as he cant do it once they on.
  11. sugarpuff

Whats the best thing about owning an EP3

The seating postion and gearstick postion is a big pulling factor for me towards the EP3
  12. sugarpuff

There is a prob with yours, I drive from Royston to Boston and back on under a tank of petrol.
  13. sugarpuff

Manifold & sports cat

Piper do a nice mani and sports cat. ABP and CPL are dealers for them.
  14. sugarpuff

who has had unichip and would yous say its worth the money?

There used to be a few people running in on here and it made good gains with basic mods. Aslong as you not planning on major upgrades its worth a shot.
  15. sugarpuff

Is this true

Mine made 234bhp with ITG Maxogen, DC manifold and Buddyclub Prospec catback on CPL rollers.......
  16. sugarpuff

Dc5 calipers on Ep3?

I thought you had to change your front end to a DC5 setup for the calipers to fit???
  17. sugarpuff

Wheel alignment?

You need front camber bolts and rear camber arms before you can run FRSU. Just take it to Honda to get the settings reset.
  18. sugarpuff

Hawk brake pads

Ive tracked the DS2500 but not the Hawk's mate. I loved the DS2500. Im pretty hard on my brakes but the DS2500 didnt suffer from fade. I rate them very high and I would say spend the extra £5-10 and get the DS2500 mate. Im not saying the Hawk are crap, I just feel the DS2500 are slightly better.
  19. sugarpuff

Hawk brake pads

I'm running them at the mo, they are a good pad and do stop the car well, but not aswell as DS2500 which I had before. Stopping from cold is not as good as the DS2500 aswell.
  20. sugarpuff

K20a in a MG-TF, British Style, Jap Power!

Greenstuff pads are for cars rated less than 200bhp. I would no way use them for a 300bhp car.... http://www.ukmgparts.com/ ^^ My brother works here and I know they have type R parts laying around and last time I sokpe to them 3 K20a2's ;) so try giving them a call. They are fixing my car...
  21. sugarpuff

FN2 Rusty paint chip under warranty?

Kick up a fuss about the **** paint quality on the front of the car, if no luck at the dealership go direct to Honda.
  22. sugarpuff

FN2 Rusty paint chip under warranty?

Go to the dealer and try your luck.
  23. sugarpuff

Respray Advice

Why dont you just get the car 'Mopped'
  24. sugarpuff

How would you spend £1k on your type r

I would go for a decent suspension set-up myself. I think that would be the biggest improvement for a grand.
  25. sugarpuff

What colour dash?

Yeah, the 'For sale' section lol
  26. sugarpuff

changed spark plugs, power seems to have gone down.

Easy cure for that, dont have such a lead foot lol
  27. sugarpuff

Honda tech won't test drive due to tyre size.

FACT i might of got my numbers mixed up and they could of been 512's I had fitted. Either way they were total **** lol
  28. sugarpuff

Honda tech won't test drive due to tyre size.

Yeah I had a set fitted when I was desperate. Took them off in 2 weeks and went back to Toyo. They were rubbish FACT.
  29. sugarpuff

FN2 Help with bhp????

You wont get anywhere near the gains you would of got with the 300zx. N/A tuning is very expensive compared to Forced induction tuning.
  30. sugarpuff

FN2 Help with bhp????

If you do the induction, manifold and exhaust with top quality items and the get the car mapped you should see on average around a 25bhp gain, give or take a few bhp depending on products you buy and who maps it for you. http://www.cplracing.co.uk/index.php?id=36
  31. sugarpuff

Tyre Combination etc

I would keep the Toyo's on the rear, in my opion they wont let go as quick as the Potz in the wet.
  32. sugarpuff

Red Mats with sport logo??

Not sure if they will be what your looking for but you could try these.... http://www.justmatz.co.uk/index.php
  33. sugarpuff

Which Coilover's?

Rave reviews for these over on civiclife. A couple of EP3's have them I think with no probs.
  34. sugarpuff

V Power or tesco ron 99

There was a big review done on all these not so long ago mapping a scooby to suit. The Tesco 99 actually came out on top.
  35. sugarpuff

Engine dress up

Good place to start is Oil cap and Rad cap. Get some resivoir socks. Change you hoses to nice SFS/Samco items. Carbon inlet mani cover and rocker cover. http://www.unit-8.co.uk/ http://www.japshop.co.uk/ http://www.funkypower.co.uk/index.php Come back when you have done them lol
  36. sugarpuff

Best wheel cleaner?

Wonder wheels normally comes top in reviews, Auto glym custom wheel normally gets high marks aswell. I use Meg's hot rims myself, but I bought black alloys so the muck doesnt show up as much so im a cheat :p
  37. sugarpuff

HKS exhausts?!?!?!?

Have a look at the Piper system, its under £400 and is a good quality bit of kit. Contact ABP or CPL
  38. sugarpuff

FN2 A/B on Dash

Lmfao
  39. sugarpuff

supersport coilovers

If you get the Spax RSX let me know how you get on with them, im looking at getting some. My brother has them on his Focus and there are pretty good.
  40. sugarpuff

CH1 power boost valves

I got one of these years ago, HSE power boost valve I think it was called. I think they had just come out, I fitted it on my Nova GTE, cost about £85. What a waste of money lol
  41. sugarpuff

5w-30 oil any different?

As a ex Honda sales person, Honda recommend 0w 30 or 10w 40 for the Type R
  42. sugarpuff

My JDM CTR, KPRO etc

Let me find out how much my new wheels and tyre gonna cost and how much Tom is gonna charge me to set my car back up again and I shall get back to you with a package deal for your RBC and BC quickshift with you having my PBC.
  43. sugarpuff

My JDM CTR, KPRO etc

Two wang pics on there way.....
  44. sugarpuff

My JDM CTR, KPRO etc

They must be worth the same amount of pennies each, just add abit of money onto the GruppeM package your selling, it seems to cheap at £450 lol
  45. sugarpuff

My JDM CTR, KPRO etc

Swap you my JDM inlet mani for your RBC...
  46. sugarpuff

Carbing strut tower B front - TYPE D

Yeah Lottie yours rusted bad didnt it, my carbing front upper is fine though, it must be because it has protection in the engine bay.
  47. sugarpuff

Poorly EP3 Rolling road result!!

They cheated on that, they actually had the V6 from a clio fitted in it prior to all the test. Torque of the devil in uxbridge actually did all the work.
  48. sugarpuff

Toyo T1-R evolution??

I went to get them fitted today, but where i was in a rush picking them up when I did I didnt notice they are 205/40/17 not 215's :mad: got to take them back now lmao
  49. sugarpuff

Toyo T1-R evolution??

I havent fitted them yet, they sitting in garage at mo lol. Paid £135 for the pair.
  50. sugarpuff

Poorly EP3 Rolling road result!!

The thing is aswell, you cant actually say for certain that when your car left the production line it was bang on 197bhp. It could of been 190 odd or even 180. If its running well with no probs I wouldnt actually worry about it mate.
  51. sugarpuff

Toyo T1-R evolution??

Its ok ive got them now, they were actually Proxe 4 evolutions. Look pretty pukka I just hope they perform well.
  52. sugarpuff

More power for my atr accord

V-TECH = Kids toys V-TEC = Heaven If you havent alot of money to play with you wont really tell a 10bhp increase from a exhaust/inuction etc. You money will be better spent on a decent suspension set up and you will gain a big advantage.
  53. sugarpuff

Piper

ABP sell the single silencer system thats why its cheaper, as far as I know all others are twin silencers.
  54. sugarpuff

actually a jdm?

It cant be a pre facelift as its a 04 plate, it cant have a number plate that makes the car seen younger than what it is..... unless its a ultra rare 04 plate pre-face lift.
  55. sugarpuff

Toyo T1-R evolution??

Has anyone heard of the above tyre? I cant find any info on them, not even on the Toyo website. I phoned up to get some tyres today, they said they didn't have normal T1-R but his boss said they could get T1-R evolution by monday. After looking around on the Toyo website I found a fairly new...
  56. sugarpuff

What to do with I/H/E do when it comes to MOT?

There is no point decatting unless you have a remap. Problem solved, dont decat lol
  57. sugarpuff

What to do with I/H/E do when it comes to MOT?

£10-20 on the passenger seat normally does the trick....
  58. sugarpuff

Help!! New shocks required

Surely you should of asked Tom that question while he was in the car...
  59. sugarpuff

CH1 spark plugs

Dont buy greddy, they are NGK but twice the price, the greddy does have gold conductor though.
  60. sugarpuff

remote start?

www.gapsecuritydirect.co.uk I think the Clifford Viper 480 is meant to be pretty good, but you can add the remote start to most of the Clifford systems.
  61. sugarpuff

DC Sports??

Yes, its hard to get there stuff now, and the stuff that you can get is made in China now...
  62. sugarpuff

CTR AE30 to Z4

I had a 'play' against a 3.0 Z4 the other day, I didnt relise how slow they are lol
  63. sugarpuff

service stamp book

Tell me about it....
  64. sugarpuff

Best chip

Good old home made chunky chips with the skin left on FTW!!!
  65. sugarpuff

service stamp book

As long as its been serviced at the same Dealership you use, or know what dealerships it been serviced at. Honda dealerships computers are not linked up so they cant tell where it has been serviced.
  66. sugarpuff

Piper

It wasnt just with the exhaust, it was with CPL induction and Hondata. Get it right people......
  67. sugarpuff

japspeed manifold and decat pipe

Its not worth de-catting untill you get Hondata, same thing will happen, the engine will run lean.
  68. sugarpuff

Whats the difference between a EK9 Type R and a Vti??

About 25bhp, LSD better suspension, light weight etc
  69. sugarpuff

EP3 exhaust choices

Yeah full stainless and they all sound the same...
  70. sugarpuff

first mods on a EP3

I would say you would be better off spending your money on a JDM rear anti roll bar before you get these, or get them all at the same time.
  71. sugarpuff

EP3 exhaust choices

Guy at CPL worked with Piper to develop the system. As far as I can remember the test car made 227bhp on CPL rollers, the test car also had CPL own induction kit and Hondata ECU. So it pushes out similar sort of performance figures and the old DC Sports manifold. Put it this way you wont be...
  72. sugarpuff

EP3 exhaust choices

Now the DC Sports system is made in china there are quality issues with them as far as im aware. Seriously consider the piper system. There are some videos around of it which im going to try find for you now. It sounds lovely. old link autoupdated old link autoupdated old link...
  73. sugarpuff

Compomotive

No its not my car, in this section there is a thread called 'The wheel bible' there are a few different CTR's with different wheels on and thats where there pic came from. Most people tend to stick with 17x7 wheels with 215/40/17 tyres on ;) This will improve grip every so slightly due to the...
  74. sugarpuff

AEM fuel rail

Well going on those figures/mods mine should be 260bhp then lol
  75. sugarpuff

AEM fuel rail

Well it could be one of a few things that would cause that. 1. Its a one off 2. Rolling road was rubbish 3. A JDM EP3? 5. The owner was taking ****. 5. Im sure there could be other reasons
  76. sugarpuff

AEM fuel rail

There are a few bad stories with the AEM fuel rail (cars catching on fire :evil:) so if you do want one get a BDL one. If your after this for permance gains it should be one of the last things you change really but if your after it for engine bling they do look smart :cool: Oh and I would...
  77. sugarpuff

Only if you have the car 'mapped' to run with the mani (so that means a Hondata ecu or other brand), otherwise the engine will run lean and thats not good, but yeah with a mani it will be a better improvement that just a de-cat.
  78. sugarpuff

ep3's handling

When I 1st had the fast road set up at TGM I kept on messing up corners I was used to going round because the turn in was so much sharper. It makes such a difference in a good way and totally transforms the car. I also have a front upper strut and that mmade a nice difference aswell. As Lottie...
  79. sugarpuff

ep3's handling

What tyres are you using? The EP3 has never really been a understeery car to me. How about changing your driving style? No offence....
  80. sugarpuff

By looking at the picture the de-cat is all in on the mani so the whole thing will have to come off. I have been told that if you put your car in for a MOT with no cat, but you put a £10 or £20 note on the passenger seat some how the car passes emissions..... strange that one ;)
  81. sugarpuff

Problems with pedals

Are you sure there real......
  82. sugarpuff

A mate of mine has one. Not bad quality and made half decent gains when it was rolling road setup. You pay for what you get , but there is alot worse out there....
  83. sugarpuff

first mods on a EP3

The purple bars are lower control arms.... There mainly for show but they do say they tighten things up on the rear end.
  84. sugarpuff

Compomotive

Not a bad looking wheel. Dont stand out lots but look :cool: Similiar sort of effect with the rota Slipstreams
  85. sugarpuff

My new Toda cat back exhaust with straight tail pipe

I was just wondering because I spend most my time in 5th gear V-TEC lol
  86. sugarpuff

Red stuff or green stuff

Ive have used two sets of redstuff on my CTR, front and rear. I thought they were ok, but they do make a mess of the disc's and are totally rubbish when cold. I have now got DS2500 fitted to the front and OEM on the rear, when I changed to these I also fitted HEL stainless brake lines and...
  87. sugarpuff

My new Toda cat back exhaust with straight tail pipe

:confused: Are you being serious??
  88. sugarpuff

MOT questions

Nick just fit the bucket seat with sliding seat rails... or just explain to the MOT tester the prob before you book the MOT and see if he will be ok with it.
  89. sugarpuff

New Clutch...not right, need help!

Well I have the Exedy OEM replacement and its sweet as a nut, and I thrash my little bitch to a inch of its life everyday. So the clutch aint the problem......
  90. sugarpuff

Good guide, but I have a question

I thought that the Hydro shield was made to help prevent against sucking in water.... There is also that hydro lock system that goes half way down the pipe....
  91. sugarpuff

B-pipes spoon vs supersprint

Take a look at the Buddyclub Prospec, I had one, not as loud as the Spec 3 but just as good.
  92. sugarpuff

FN2 Scratch Marks On Glove Box

Its better when there not the wifey's though :smt047
  93. sugarpuff

ep3 exhaust

Piper do a nice exhaust for the EP3 do a search and have a look.
  94. sugarpuff

Wheel choices for the JDM EP3

Ive got 17's on mine matey http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/ep3_buddyclub_wheels.html
  95. sugarpuff

Wheel choices for the JDM EP3

I know you have had Buddyclubs before Dotty but ive got these (see pic ;)) fitted to mine. You can have a gander tomorrow at Cambs/Rockingham to help you decide what colour you want.....
  96. sugarpuff

3 for 2 in Halfords

Trouble is they over charge for all there products so you could most prob still get it cheaper off the net. For example Autoglym Hi-Def wax Halfords £39.99 , internet £24.99 :eek:
  97. sugarpuff

Ipod compatible headunit?

How about this.... http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdcw5544u-p-7228.html
  98. sugarpuff

Ipod compatible headunit?

There loads out and about by all the tops names for under £100. Most have a front aux in so you can play it through that. Just as you are most probably aware you dont get alot of features for under £100...
Back