• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. stu1873

EP3 Finally got the bad news today

Took the EP3 in for its MOT today and it has failed due to rust on the underside. I had some welding done last year on the passenger side for its mot but it has spread massively on the underside of the car so i now need the driver's side and the floorpan between the front and rear seats. It...
  2. stu1873

EP3 EP3 stiff boot handle

Can anyone tell me how to access the rear boot release handle. It has been stiff for a while now on my EP3. This happened before and i gave the area a good spray of WD40 which loosened it off for a while but it has returned with a vengeance and no matter how much i spray the area it will no...
  3. stu1873

EP3 Splash Guards?

While working on my EP3 today i noticed the splash guard/dust shield behind the front brake disc is rusted quite badly and is about to come loose. Am i right in saying that to replace these it's a hub out job? If that's the case can you run without them?
  4. stu1873

Front end knocking (EP3)

I have had quite a bad sounding knock from the front passengers side of my EP3 and i cannot for the life of me find out where it is coming from. My Ep3 is almost at 110,000 so over the last week i have set about freshening up the front end while i fitted a DC5 Exhaust Manifold as the flange...
  5. stu1873

2008 front wishbone rear bush.

I am looking to replace a front wishbone rear bush on a 2008 1.4l civic. I have had a quick look at it and it is totally different from most civic wishbone bushes in that it looks like it slides off of the end of the wishbone. What i don't know is if the bush has to be pressed out and a new...
  6. stu1873

2008 Civic PDF Workshop Manual?

I have a PDF workshop manual for my EP3 but i was wondering if there is one for the next gen Civic? My sister has a 2008 Civic and it is needing some work done to it so i am on the lookout for one for her car to see if i can do the jobs myself to save her some money.
  7. stu1873

Restoring headlights?

My headlights on my EP3 have started to get oxidized so i am looking to try and bring them back to life. I am intending on getting the Autoglym headlight restoration kit which seems to work well but what should i use to protect them from the UV rays since i will have removed the protective...
  8. stu1873

Spark plugs - To grease or not to grease?

Will it do any harm to apply some copper grease/slip onto the threads of the spark plugs of an EP3? I am thinking not but not 100% sure if it will do any harm. The last ones I done were a bit tight getting them off and I will be replacing them very soon. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  9. stu1873

Got my first EML!

So after about 11 years of near faultless ownership from my EP3, yesterday i got my first EML while driving:( The car was stuttering a bit while driving normally in a 30 over the last couple of days. With a constant light press on the gas pedal it would feel like a misfire/hesitaton until i...
  10. stu1873

Rear brake light not working (EP3)

My rear nearside brake light is not working. I changed the bulb for a new one and it still doesn't work. Tried the one from the offside that worked fine and no dice. The tail lights on both sides work fine its just the brake light on the one side that won't come on. Any ideas what it could be...
  11. stu1873

Rear EP3 caliper problems!

With my car going in for it's MOT tomorrow i decided to strip my brakes and give them a once over today. I thought it would take me no more than an hour or two but i have been at them all day and i am stumped. The front calipers went fine but the rears are totaly knackered i think. I wish i...
  12. stu1873

New Battery Required!

Over the last couple of days my trusty EP3 has been sluggish starting and this morning it would not turn over and had to get the jump leads out. For the last month and a half it has mostly been on short journeys to and from work and i think this may have had a bad effect on the battery...
  13. stu1873

Time for new tyres

I will be needing to replace all four tyres on my EP3 shortly and would like to know what are rated well nowadays? I have Yokohama Parada Spec 2's (215/40/17) on at the moment and have used them for a good few years. They were not too bad in the dry but could be pretty scary in the wet when not...
  14. stu1873

EP3 exhaust gaskets and bolts needed!

Today going to work i overtook a car and noticed my exhaust was slightly louder than usual on full throttle, i didn't think anymore of it for a couple of miles as i was cruising along and it sounded fairly normal but when i hit an undulating dip in the road my exhaust went twang and was...
  15. stu1873

EP3 boot handle very stiff

Yesterday i went to open the boot of my EP3 and the handle would hardly move and when it did move enough to open the boot it was a struggle to push it back so the latch would catch when i shut it. The handle has been acting up for a while now and i have been having to push the handle back when...
  16. stu1873

EP3 rear wing brake light.

Is the rear wing brake light on the EP3 bulbs or an led strip. I have been replacing most of my interior and exterior bulbs to LED's and was wondering what the wing takes?
  17. stu1873

Cleaning Inlet Control Valve K20

I have stripped out my throttle body to clean the icv. I have cleaned a fair bit of it but was wondering if the Denso plug on the icv comes off to really get the inside spotless. The plug has two screws but has 5 point torx screws in it and i don't have these screwdiver bits. If it does come...
  18. stu1873

Hondata Intake Gasket fitting and ICV cleaning?

On Saturday my CTR for the first time started hunting. I pulled fuse 6 under the bonnet and reset the ECU by taking the car for a drive and letting it sit until the fans came on. It has been fine since but i was led to believe if the CTR is hunting then the main culprit is the ICV so this week i...
  19. stu1873

Looking to change my coolant

Still got my 04 EP3 and after giving it a service last week and as it's getting on a bit i think i should change the coolant as i haven't done after almost 8 years of ownership. I have some Honda type 2 coolant on it's way to me and i have a rough idea on how to change it. I believe there is a...
  20. stu1873

Best model of Jazz 59-60 plate?

Around 6 weeks ago my mother bought a 59 plate Jazz 1.4l ES. The car was near mint with no faults that i could find with it but unfortunately some old prick decided to cut out in front of her on Friday past and the front end is smashed in:mad: It will require a new bonnet, bumper, wing...
  21. stu1873

Honda Jazz common faults?

Hi, my mother has finally decided to buy herself a Honda after many years of owning bloody Fiat Punto's! I have told her numerous times to tell me before she looks for another car as she has been stung before with the Fiats. She told me yesterday that she has bought another car and picks it up...
  22. stu1873

EP3 Handbrake cables sticking. (EP3)

At the weekend I decided to adjust my handbrake as it had the stopping power of a harnessed child. I went to go out in it tonight and the cable on the passengers side is stuck on! I have released the nut on the lever inside the car. All the way off Until it is on it's last thread and the cable...
  23. stu1873

1.4L dsi civic (2008) service kit?

As i have always serviced my Type r myself since i bought it (and will be again shortly) i thought i would do my sisters 2008 civic 1.4l dsi as she is a bit strapped for cash and order the parts when i order mine. I am looking to find what oil / plugs / oil filter and pollen filters i will need...
  24. stu1873

New battery needed.

Went to fit a battery for my sisters 08 1.4 5dr Civic today and found that she bought the wrong bloody one from Halfords. Drove through with it only to be told that i cant exchange it because she bought it on a trade card and i didn't have said card, i also didn't have any dollar on me either so...
  25. stu1873

Sealey automatic brake bleeder.

I am looking at changing my calipers shortly and bought one of these auto bleed kits that you connect to a spare tyre. I opened the box last night but it looks like it does not come with a cap big enough to fit my ctr's brake resevoir. Has anyone used one of these kits before and how did you...
  26. stu1873

Cosmic caliper colour?

I received my refurbed calipers on friday and will need to paint them before i fit them to the car (EP3). I painted the one's i have on at the moment with red hammerite a couple of years ago and they looked ok but as i have to paint the new one's i am looking at a different colour this time. I...
  27. stu1873

Ferodo ds2500 pads (EP3)

Last week i stripped my brakes to give them a clean and noticed my calipers are sticking quite badly and have raped my pads with an uneven wear on them. I have now just received a refurbed set of calipers and will need to order another set of front pads. I have used the DS2500 pads before and...
  28. stu1873

Caliper Refurb or new.

Today i stripped my calipers as there was a scraping noise coming from the brakes. I have been having problems with the fronts for a bit with the pads getting stuck in position. Now the rears are doing the same thing and the N/S rear has gotten hot enough to melt/burn off the paint on the...
  29. stu1873

ITG Maxogen EP3 fitting?

Just got an ITG Maxogen but no instructions on how to fit the thing. Can anyone advise me on what needs done to fit it?
  30. stu1873

Civic 2008 1.4 rear discs?

My sister has just recently been ripped off from our local dealer for a service and was also advised that her rear brakes were shot. As she is on a tight budget and doing a 500mile trip in a couple of weeks i am looking for a cheap set of discs and pads for her which i intend to replace next...
  31. stu1873

Judder when pulling away?

Over the last couple of days i have been getting a bad judder when i pull off after starting the car first thing in the morning. It has been happening for the first couple of minutes then stops when pulling away at a junction. I thought my front engine mount may have failed again but i am not...
  32. stu1873

Caliper Repair Kits?

Hi guys, My front calipers have been giving me grief for a while now. Every couple of months my pads seem to be binding on the discs after striping them and giving them a good scrub. i seem to have wasted a couple of sets of DS2500 and OEM pads as they are wearing down unevenly. Has anyone...
  33. stu1873

Top Strut Mounts?

I have noticed the front end of my ctr knocking over speed bumps and uneven roads recently. I had the car jacked up today on the driveway for an oil and filter change and had a look at what is loose on the suspension. I had the bottom ball joints replaced last year and they seem solid enough...
  34. stu1873

replacing faulty multiplex?

I have had a problem with my interior dome light not working when i unlock the Civic for a couple of months now. it works if i put it in the ON position but not on Auto. After checking every fuse under the hood and in the drivers footwell i think it could be the multiplex unit inside the...
  35. stu1873

manifold removal?

has anyone personaly removed their exhaust manifold? i am thinking of attempting this at the weekend myself on the drive and am wondering if there is any tips into getting it off. cheers stu
  36. stu1873

FN civic alloys recomendation?

my sister is picking up a 1.4, 2008, fn shape civic on monday. unfortunatley it has 16" steel rims on it and by the looks of them fitted to other cars of the same model they look ghastly:( i have taken it upon myself to find a suitable replacement to the dodgy 90's looking rims and need some...
  37. stu1873

cleaning question?

yesterday i spent 5 hours cleaning the outside of my ctr. i clayed it, polished it with AG srp and sealed with AG egp. my question is will a quick wipe down with detailer do before i start with waxing today or am i better off cleaning it again with shampoo and a mitt?
  38. stu1873

ep3 problem?

hi guys today i had a strange problem with my ctr and am wondering if anyone has had the same experiance. i got in the car this morning to go to work and it fired up first time. i drove around a quarter of a mile and stopped at the shop, got out and tried to lock the car with the remote but...
  39. stu1873

LCA bush?

my ctr sailed through its MOT today:) but had an advisory notice for my n/s suspension arm bush which is starting to split. i am sure i read that honda will sell the part but you have to buy the complete arm with the bush in it = ££££:( surely someone sells just the bush on its own.
  40. stu1873

megs quick detailer?

i have a megs clay kit and was wondering if i need to use the detailer neat or can i water it down say half and half?
  41. stu1873

oem dc5 shocks on ep3?

is this possible to do and are there any advantages, ie are the dc5 one's stiffer?
  42. stu1873

accord recaros?

are accord recaros the same as prem edition ep3 recaros apart from the colour of the fabric? i am looking to get some new nylon seat covers and i have found some tailored accord speedline recaro covers on ebay which are half the price of ep3 one's. cheers stu
  43. stu1873

dc5 wheels on ep3?

does anyone have a set of dc5 alloys on thier ep3, i have been toying with the idea recently but not sure if fitment is ok and how they look on the car compared to oem ctr alloys? i was thinking of getting them powdercoated or srayed gunmetal or anthracite to go with my cosmic.
  44. stu1873

es and powerflex inserts

i have both engine and gearbox mount inserts for my ctr which i want to fit this weekend. i am planning on fitting just the front engine and gearbox inserts and have read a few guides already. as i am only fitting to the front engine mount do i still have to drop the subframe to fit them and has...
  45. stu1873

ep3 not running right!!!!!

hi guys i hope someone can shed some light on a problem i had last night driving home from the football which was a 75 mile trip. everything was fine on the way through but when i was driving back about 10 miles into my trip on the outside lane of the ** the whole front of the car was...
  46. stu1873

fog light problem

i fitted a set of front foglights to my ctr last year using a set of used facelift brackets and bought a kit from the states for the civic si. everything was fine when fitting the kit apart from the cheap ******* of a switch i got with it. it keeps sticking when i try to press it on or off. i...
  47. stu1873

itg panel filter cleaning?

i have an itg foam panel filter and would like to clean it. i have the correct dust retention spray but don't know the correct procedure to cleaning the foam bit. do i just rinse it out under hot water?
  48. stu1873

civic inner arch

i am in need of a new or used n/s inner plastic arch and was wondering if all civics 3dr and 5dr from 2001-05 would all use the same part?
  49. stu1873

exhaust gaskets?

i need to get some gaskets for my dc5 manifold and fujitsubo legalis r catback. i believe i will need four gaskets, two for the manifold and two for the catback but have no idea what sizes i need or where to get them. i don't really want to go to honda to get them as they will be dear as fook...
  50. stu1873

ep3 front arb?

i am currently about to fit a dc5 manifold to my ep3 and i am led to believe that i need a jdm front arb to allow it to fit properly. as the ep3 and dc5 have similar front ends i was wondering if a dc5 front arb will be the same as an ep3 jdm arb?
  51. stu1873

fujitsubo legalis r

thinking about one of these for my ep3, anyone know how much they are new and second hand?
  52. stu1873

OEM DC5 B-PIPE on EP3?

would there be any benefits from fitting a dc5 b-pipe to my ep3?
  53. stu1873

dc5 manifold?

currently looking for a full dc5 manifold 4-2-2-1, just wondering if i can eventualy find one will this manifold fit my ep3 without having to fit a front jdm anti roll bar?
  54. stu1873

premier recaros

i am thinking of upgrading my seats to a pair of prem recaros. is there any known defects i should look out for when i go to look at them? they are from a 55 plate ctr and does anyone know if i will be able to fit them into the back of my ctr with the rear bench down?
  55. stu1873

ep3 problem?

hi guys, recently i have been noticing that my ctr is being a bit hesitant when applying the throttle and it also seems to be a bit jerky when driving at slow speeds like its sort of kangarooing when in traffic. could this be the idle control sensor needs cleaned out or something else? any...
  56. stu1873

stereo scratch removal?

any ideas how i can remove scratches on the display facia on my headunit? not sure what to try to remove them.
  57. stu1873

foglights

anyone know if the front fog lens's/bulb holders are the same for facelift and pre facelift. i know the brackets are different but not sure about the lens's?
  58. stu1873

rear tie bar

can anyone tell me what the dimensions are for a rear tie bar like the size between the holes and bolt sizes(head width and thread length). i like the look of the carbing one but feel i can make one practicaly the same from stainless steel bar/tubing at my work for zero rather than spending £60-70
  59. stu1873

Koni Shocks

can someone point me in the right direction to get a set of koni shocks for my ep3 fairly cheapish?
  60. stu1873

Pro-Grip in Bonnybridge?

i think its time i got the frsu done on the ctr. i am going to get eibach pro-kit springs 20mm front 15mm rear and d2 rear camber arms, not sure what bolts to get yet. i have been stuggling to find a company close to the fife area that would be able to do the frsu but have read some good...
  61. stu1873

dodgy noise

over the last month i have been noticing a deep wobbling noise coming from the front of my ctr which seems to be getting louder by the day. i dont feel any wobbling inside the car or through the steering wheel so i am not sure what it could be. it only occurs when i reach 40mph through to around...
  62. stu1873

50,000 service?

i have just phoned up for my ep3 50,000 service from my local honda stealer. the first quote i got was for the honda service at £245 which didnt include getting the valve clearances getting done as they say its not supposed to get them done at this interval? or i got a quote for £180 for the...
  63. stu1873

sticky tape?

i need some good strong sticky tape for a set of carbon door sills i have. any ideas guys?
  64. stu1873

ctr facelift seats

anyone know what price used red ctr facelift seats go for now adays? also how much will the used replacement seat covers cost? cheers stu
  65. stu1873

FN2 civic rr?

seen a snipit in the news of the world last nite that honda are bringing out an fn2 RR with better suspension and more power. any truth in this or is it the usual paper talk pish?
  66. stu1873

18" fn2 wheels

anyone know what price a set of 18" fn2 type r wheels go for. got a mate looking to sell them.
  67. stu1873

how low to go?

i have so far put on a strut brace and rear jdm arb to improve the handling on my ctr. this has helped with turn in and the rear feels alot more planted now but there is too much roll with the standard shocks and springs. how low do i need to go to combat the body roll? i am thinking of...
  68. stu1873

oil help!

i have made a massive blunder and ordered 5l 5-40w oil from opie oils a while ago. i didnt open the box as i was not planning on changing my oil for a few months after buying. well i have just dumped the old oil and put on a new hamp filter only to find out that opie oils have sent me the wrong...
  69. stu1873

spoon b-pipe?

are these really £600 odd new now? i have a chance of getting one from someone on ctro for £200 that has done 15000miles. is this a good price?
  70. stu1873

electrical problem?

this morning when driving home from work i had my lights on and flashed my full beam to let another car pass me in the street. when i used the full beam i noticed that the lights in the clocks and dash would dim? i have never noticed this before but i don't think it should happen. any ideas...
  71. stu1873

windscreen problems?

over the last month or so i have noticed that the inside of my windscreen has allot of condensastion on the inside in the morning which will turn to ice when its really cold:confused: i am getting really ****ed off having to scrape the ice off on the inside. any ideas why this is happening?
  72. stu1873

50k service

anyone know whats involved during the 50k sevice of my ctr?
  73. stu1873

ep3 bumper?

anyone know if the front bumper is the same throughout the ep range? i might be getting another one but only need the top part as my splitter is ok.
  74. stu1873

great start to the new year

went to the shops today and returned to my car to find sum ******* has reversed into the passengers side headlight and bumper and fooked off:mad: it seems the bumper and headlight has been pushed back resulting in the headlight brackets are broken as well as the lower grill ones and the top...
  75. stu1873

Debadging?

hi, i have been thinking of debadging my ctr recently. i will be removing the rear badges side and grille badges. anyone know whats the best way to remove them?
  76. stu1873

e-tech strut brace(front)

anyone know what price these are for my ep3?
  77. stu1873

mugen b-pipe?

anyone used one and will a dc5 b-pipe fit an ep3?
  78. stu1873

valve adjustment?

need to get my valves adjusted on my ctr, am i right in thinking that these should be done when the engine is stone cold?
  79. stu1873

seat covers (ep3)

i have just replaced my existing ep3 type r front seat covers and would like to get covers for when i commute to work to stop them getting manky. i currently have honda f1 snap-on one's but the fit is not good at all. anyone know where i can get a set that will not slip off all of the time?
  80. stu1873

buffer for polishing and waxing?

i think its time i got myself a buffer for polishing the ctr as i have an arm like popeye. any ideas whats a good one to get?
  81. stu1873

CH1 change head unit?

my little cousin has a 2002 accord sport and has decided to change the stock head unit to a sony one. anyone have any instructions on how to get the stock one out as by the sounds of it he has taken just about the whole dash apart and still hasnt got it out yet. i will be going to have a look at...
  82. stu1873

wing mirror glass

anybody know where i can get a set of blue tinted wing mirror glasses for my o4 plate ctr? cheers
  83. stu1873

rear seat covers

anyone know if the rear seat covers are the same for both the pre and faclift ep3 ctr?
  84. stu1873

seat covers

just burnt a hole in my 2004 ctr seat! i am gutted:smt022 , anyone know what a new one or set will set me back from the stealers?
  85. stu1873

dastek unichip?

thinking of geting a used dastek unichip for my 2004 ctr to try and get more midrange torque out of her. anyone know if a dastek unichip would help with this problem? i know that if i want to get the best out of my engine i should get kpro or a k100 but they are bloody expensive. i will only be...
  86. stu1873

metal polish?

not sure if this is the correct section but does anybody know whats the best way to polish up aluminium? i am making myself a footrest for my ctr to go with my mugen pedals but i have scratched the plate when making it:(
  87. stu1873

piston rewind tool

anyboby know if this will do the job on the rear calipers on a ctr?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Draper-Brake-Caliper-Wind-Back-Cube-Tool_W0QQitemZ360031869799QQihZ023QQcategoryZ30917QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem
  88. stu1873

ferodo premier pads?

anybody used a set of ferodo premier rear pads on a ctr?
  89. stu1873

jdm arb?

hi guys, i am thinking of getting myself a jdm anti roll bar as most people say it improves the rear quite a bit. can anyone tell me the best place to purchace one of these? cheers
  90. stu1873

red lug nuts

can anybody recommend a set of red anodised wheel nuts for my ctr?
  91. stu1873

starter button

anyone know where i can get the correct plugs, wiring and relay to fit an s2000 start button which i am waiting on from the states?
  92. stu1873

ctr brake discs

i have recently noticed that that my ctr sounds like a train whilst braking and it seems my front pads are shot, the discs look a bit shady as well as they have lots of grooves on them so am gona replace them as well. i have ordered a set of ferodo ds2500's pads and was just gona get the discs...
  93. stu1873

earthing kit

anybody know what is the best kind and the best place to get one of these fairly cheap?
  94. stu1873

number plate bulbs?

hi, anybody know how to change the two bulbs that go above the rear number plate on a facelift ctr? there are no screws on the holders so i am guessing you have to take the whole plastic cover on the boot? any help please?
  95. stu1873

HELP!!!!!

i have fitted a set of hid's today but now when i turn my key in the ignition it wont start. for a second the clocks show the milage then nothing? i have disconected the hids from the power supply and it makes no difference? please help me:mad:
  96. stu1873

facelift fog lights?

hi guys, has anybody fitted a set of these to thier ep3 ctr? i have seen these on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-HONDA-CIVIC-2DR-SI-JDM-FOG-LIGHTS-LIGHT-LAMPS-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33709QQihZ006QQitemZ160184265017QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
  97. stu1873

private plate?

does anybody know where is the best place to get a private plate apart from the dvla?
  98. stu1873

ctr tyres?

hi, i am going to be changing my four tyres shortly and am thinking of the parada spec 2's. as my current bridgestones are 205/45/17 will i be better getting the same size or will 215/40-45/17 be ok for my standard rims?
  99. stu1873

HID'S?

hi, i drive on alot of b roads and have noticed my 04 facelift ctr headlights are crap. seen these will they be any good? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-BULBS-BALLAST-H1-6000K-NEW_W0QQitemZ290171894387QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9895QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  100. stu1873

engine bay whine?

hello again. it seems over the last week of my ctr ownership that it has developed a whine throughout the rev range, the garage say theres nothing wrong with it but i can clearly hear it. i have read on other posts that this could be the alternator bearing? any suggestions?
Back