• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Suits

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

Great stuff mate. What's the sizes of the TE's ?? Of the few wheels Id consider from OEM these are one and a great colour. How do you find the AD08's ?? I'll need new tyres in the Spring and have earmarked some PS5's but am open to other options.
  2. Suits

Suits' Cosmic EP3 - ***Oil Leak 08/09/23

Hello mate, I still fondly remember your Jay's Racing EP3 getting banned at the Ring !!! :D
  3. Suits

That's the plan mate. It's much less of an ask to get under a car in the daylight and warmth of the other half of the year, lol. That said, if you look up my car on the MOT checker it states that the MOT runs until 18th December 2024 - which was the original expiry date before this last MOT...
  4. Suits

Got stung on the MOT this month. MOT runs until 18th December but I didn't like the fact it was so close to the holidays - leaves very little wriggle room. Took it to Kwik-Fit next to work. Needed new ball joints and drop links, so failed. However, much to my frustration, the tester had...
  5. Suits

EP3/FN2 service schedule

I changed my clutch a few months back and used two bottles, three is a safe bet and is always handy to have around the garage.
  6. Suits

EP3/FN2 service schedule

I've always been advised to use Honda MTF for the gearbox as well. Bit more expensive but peace of mind is worth it for me. Or the placebo. Either one.
  7. Suits

My first Type R - EP3

Interesting information on the sunroof addition. I'd love roof rails. Enjoy the car dude.
  8. Suits

OEM or Tegiwa?

Regards the instrument cluster, I recently changed mine also as a few were out and it was very dim. Good luck finding Honda ones, I picked these up from Amazon and changed the whole set (8 or 9 I think)...
  9. Suits

OEM or Tegiwa?

QFT When I bought my current EP3, it was clear that the current centre section wasn't OEM and was an off the shelf brand that fitted OK ish but was blowing in places and ever so slightly rotated the tail pipe a few degrees. Instead of getting another £60 cheap centre section, I opted for a...
  10. Suits

Phil’s ep3 resto

Wonderful work mate. Those sub-frame and suspension arms came up great. I've considered maybe having a go at doing mine (EP3 lower arms) but I'm fare less as applicable and tool'd up (press) as your good self. Great thread will enjoy following this.
  11. Suits

OEM or Tegiwa?

I'm in a similar situation to yourself. I picked up my second CTR this year, almost 15 years after my first. This time around things are a lot older in years and OEM parts are showing their age, however this time I'd like to stay OEM. My first rule of thumb is that as soon as reputable...
  12. Suits

Steering issue.

Hopefully the geometry is all over the place after having the tie rod ends replaced and a simple alignment check will identify it. It's amazing how skittish and bad a car can feel with wonky alignments.
  13. Suits

Got you. Bulgaria man seems to have a nice little niche of the market there then. Yeah, I understand that, seems like an awful lot of work and cost. Will you do the work yourself on the engine ??
  14. Suits

Not ideal from Spoon really. Interesting about the engine refresh, I've obviously not done as much research or understand B18's as well as yourself but what the common goals and target with a B18 bore, bit more torque I suppose and keeps that B18 buzz without looking at heavier K swaps ...
  15. Suits

So, the fcuking thing has been bleeding. Noticed as I was reversing onto the drive one evening. Took the car around the back and got it up in the air to have a proper look. It's clearly a little leak that looks like it had been happing for about a week based on the individual location of...
  16. Suits

2005 Cosmic Prem

That's an interesting lip on the front bumper, looks like a folded forward weather strip, any more info on it ??
  17. Suits

Our Integra Type R

Hahahahaha, yeah this is an old one. Cool, get some fresh pictures up of the wheels. Impressive that you still have the car actually.
  18. Suits

Timing chain & tensioner

Hey man, I recently had my timing chain and guides changed on my 100,000 miles, 2006 EP3. The engine is standard and not had the chain changed since new. I wasn't told it needed to be done and didn't suspect anything that lead me to believe it needed to be done - but for peace of mind, I...
  19. Suits

Fast road setup for EP3 - What is really needed?

Hey man, Just my couple of pence. Chris speaks thruth. Generally drivers tend to go for the JDM ARB's - they're 2MM wider all round from what I can remember, thus stiffer. I've had, OEM - JDM - OEM and bought another EP3 recently that is OEM again. Unless you're driving on the limit an...
  20. Suits

Ep3 suspension refurb

Yeah, when it comes to bushes, I'd be inclined to go as OEM as possible. Don't forget our awful roads.
  21. Suits

Goodwin 10’s Championship White Civic Type R FK2

Lovely stuff. I'm well out of tune regards the newer turbo Civic's but I'm sure it's punchy. Looks super aggressive as well.
  22. Suits

Did some pre-preventative maintenance this past month. I always knew, or rather planned to get a big service carried out when I bought the car, mainly for peace of mind and to ensure she runs for another 17 years and 100,000 miles. Anyway, after being let down continuously by a recommended...
  23. Suits

These look awesome. Cat face is rad too.
  24. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Ah, what a shame man, like Shoonk said you’ve been an inspiration. Someone will be getting a very well looked after car here.
  25. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hey man, sorry to drag the thread back a bit but are these the LED's you bought for your gauges ?? Push fit ?? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dashboard-Instrument-Panel-Bulb-W2x4-6Dd/dp/B0735K8WGQ
  26. Suits

Enzo's Daily 2005 Facelift Civic EP3 Type R Premier Edition - Cosmic Grey

Greta effort and results doing all that prep and underseal yourself man, looks great. Those old caster bushes looked destroyed :oops: .
  27. Suits

Yes mate, funny you should say that, I did and it was fine. It was like a sort of muscle memory thing, even gave it a big squeeze to see if it was on the way :D .
  28. Suits

Got it all fitted this morning at a nice chilled pace and everything went to plan. Points of Mention The Mugen Air Box is considerably lighter than the OEM, I didn't weigh them but it's maybe a third lighter by the hand. The air duct cone on the OEM air intake is narrow and points to the side...
  29. Suits

Nice, was it similar to OEM on the FD2 as well ??
  30. Suits

Cool, I hope so, it certainly seems like a quality piece of kit. Yeah, the OEM ducting seems to draw air from the side, as opposed to straight on - for some reason. I'm just hoping for a little more induction noise really, anything else will be a bonus.
  31. Suits

After the disappointment of my failed Twin Loop purchase, I swooped for something else instead. Not really known for it's power gains, it's more suited to an almost OEM fit, which is what I'm looking for. Nice, subtle and Mugen - does me. Did a deal with a gent in London and...
  32. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Yeah, all things considered its very, very fair.
  33. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Oh, fair enough, lol. Those mobile guys are fantastic from what I can ascertain, everyone that's used one speaks very highly. £300 isn't cheap but when you factor in they come to you - it starts to make sense. Squeezing in four wheels and tyres into a car is horrid and all that faff is...
  34. Suits

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Oh, and I refute this. You were always cool.
  35. Suits

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Sunny me old boy, I want more info on that green EK you had, looks proper interesting. EK's were well out of my price league when I checked recently.
  36. Suits

I wanted one so bad back in the day they just weren't about on the second hand market and there was no-way I could afford a new one back then. After messing about for a while I settled on the RM01A and it was an incredible system, just not to my tastes visually.
  37. Suits

Nice. Always loved the Legalis R OEM look, that said in person the pipes are much bigger. I'm not suggesting that they all knock mind but mine did, it was the neck of the rear of the back box from what I can remember, the car was lowered and was using OEM hangers more than likely.
  38. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Sick, wonderful work. I appreciate the dedication to keeping it as new OEM as you can, it would have been easier to get one from one of those hellish FB breaker perhaps ?? Wheels look great too, I'm using up the tyres on mine then when I get new rubber get them refurbed and balanced. Was it...
  39. Suits

Yeah, that's it mate. The DC5 has a slightly longer rear frame than the EP3, so the tail pipe sections are different on each model with the DC5 having a very obvious longer tail pipe compared to the EP3 version. Not sure about the arms to be honest, there are some differences there though for...
  40. Suits

Mate, soo gutted. Was lovely, was close enough to take a drive and get it, B-pipe was in very good condition (no dents in the usual place etc...) and pipe was clean and unmarked. It was only the night before I was due to collect and I was thinking about new hangers, I started to wonder what...
  41. Suits

Bought a lovely Twin Loop system the other day - only to forget that the DC5 version is ever so slightly longer and won't fit a EP3. So if anyone knows of a EP3 system, give me a shout please.
  42. Suits

Oh, that's interesting. I'll have a look and see if I can get a picture - I don't think there's anything too moody with it........ I know I could do with a bonnet re-spray.
  43. Suits

It's incredibly interesting how these cars are aging - can't imagine it's too dissimilar to most cars though. I picked my original 55 plate in 2007 for about £13,000 then this 06 this year (2023) for £8750. In the paperwork I received with the car was the receipt from the previous sale...
  44. Suits

I think they're starting to come into their own again, sort of coming out of the price dip and into peoples minds again. Good examples are starting to cost and cost with undersealing and other expensive tasks pushing them out of the hands of the younger enthusiasts and into the minds of the...
  45. Suits

Lost thread.....

No worries man, great to hear you're looking at future proofing - top effort. Let me know if I can help with anything. There's a huge amount of info on here, it may not come as a surprise but this place comes up more often than not when Googling stuff for these cars. Tell Loxy to get his...
  46. Suits

Lost thread.....

Hello mate, Yeah, it does - cheers. I treid to follow the link on post 2 of this page...... https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/ep3-front-fog-lights-not-working-how-to-remove-bulbs.69805/
  47. Suits

Lost thread.....

Gents, Any chance this has been archived or lost, or banned........ https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/...g-fogs-and-bumper-removal-on-facelift-version Need to service dem fogs. Cheers, Nick
  48. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

That's a million times better, mine are so dim it feels like a MOT failure :D. Simple enough job, what bits did you use ??
  49. Suits

Man, I'd love a set of those Spoon calipers. I can only imaging how much it all cost you to get them on there mind you.
  50. Suits

I've seen a few 'new' sets come up on FB (which is a fcuking nightmare place TBH) that have sold for £300 , used ones go for up to £200 Do you have any pictures of the Climair ones fitted to your car ?? The ones I've seen look a lot smaller and darker than the old JDM ones....
  51. Suits

Wow, this escalted quickly :). J, Sonny, Harv and G - Hello lads.
  52. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Awesome man, great pointers there. That's another job added to the list. Yeah, tried loads of things - next port of call is to replace the mic, or at least get the HU out and check to see if it's been installed properly.
  53. Suits

Man those calipers are nice. Good luck getting them on comfortably.
  54. Suits

215 or 225 Tyres Ep3 Type R

I currently have 205's (that came on the car), on my first EP3 I used to favor the 215's purely from an aesthetic basis. They arguably give slightly more protection from curbs as well.
  55. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Wicked man, great little jobs. I have the same Pioneer Head Unit, seems to do the job OK - although I can't get my phone to pair with it properly so I can't take phone calls on it, can answer it but no audio is received or sent. The bulbs in my instrument cluster as awfully dim, did the...
  56. Suits

Cheers man. I searched and PAID for a clean one (as best you can). Back all those years ago when I had my Night Hawk Black EP3, I always looked at the Cosmic Grey’s longingly and thought that if I ever had my time again I’d get a Cosmic. So when looking for them this time around there was only...
  57. Suits

I know everyone has seen a Cosmic EP3 before but here's she is to give some personality to the thread.
  58. Suits

I'm driving it daily now from this week as I've given my company car back and am very much enjoying it as a daily driver through the lanes to work. It's easy to forget how taught and eager these cars are even in OEM guise compared to modern, more soft cars. It's also so much more analogue than...
  59. Suits

I can feel a bit of squish through the whole mechanism to be honest, I last had an EP3 in 2008 and had a new car so I need to rein in my expectations of what is now a 17 year old vehicle. That said, I'm getting used to it now and have a new clutch going into it in the coming weeks so I'll see...
  60. Suits

EP3 - replacing rear knuckle and inner control arm bushes

Great work dude. Thanks for detailing the process as well, very helpful for anyone taking on a similar task.
  61. Suits

New car - Something a little different

Beautiful car, bet this is great fun on a little circuit or airfield. Very jealous.
  62. Suits

Cheers guys. New wipers and OEM back box are on. From what I can tell from it's vast history and receipts, - it's still on its original clutch ! So I'm going to get an Exedy OEM clutch and get that in there first. Then I'll see how that effects things and go from there, whether I change the...
  63. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Ok great, seems like the thing to do for my car - minus the short shifter. I want to try and tighten up the gearbox feel as best I can, without adjusting it too much from OEM. Cheers man.
  64. Suits

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hey man, great thread. I'm looking to tighten up the gearshift on my EP3, how do you find the Tegiwa bushes ?? Simple enough to do ?? Any tips ??
  65. Suits

I've bought another EP3. This won't be tracked or messed with, this has been bought to keep tidy and enjoy. I'm between company cars and needed a run about, so wanted an EP3. I'll use this over the Spring and Summer then get a new company car later in the year and will look to garage it. My...
  66. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

**** you all Dick-Booooooiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss !!!! Yeah, it's daft isn't it :lol: . It's cool though, it's hard to dislike modern cars nowadays, they just have so much stuff. My wife bought a Ford B-Max. All singing and dancing version. They call it the Titanium or something. It's...
  67. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Na, sold this a while ago now - maybe 4 years ago. I just didn't use it, as I have company cars now. Now I drive a Kia Optima Estate :| .
  68. Suits

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Dott ?? Is that you hiding in there ?? I'm not mate, no. Quite happy with my Datsun for the moment. Although, I know someone that is considering this and I really hope he does. Can't wait to see this thing going around, really looking forward to hearing it popping and barking.
  69. Suits

It's not the looks, power or the lap time that are its problem, its the price :( .
  70. Suits

Harv's BMW 135i *pics Page 7*

Plenty of noise on here you bunch of Mary-Queens !!!! Engaged - Yes. Shots. Spa - Need to discuss, maybe September. Brands - In a few weeks. J - Would be cool to great to up man, it's been a lounge time. Spenc will be there anyway. He lives under garage 6.
  71. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Well, I'm going for the stage 1 tune at Litchfield, I was going to go for the drop in HKS filters but, fcuk that, I wanted the sound, these sound incredible and are the best intakes the '70. No, plenty of Nissan tuners over here stock them so it's not a problem, that was just the first link I...
  72. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Got the clubs out again in the summer dude, me and Harv just hit a few down the driving range trying to get back into the swing of things again. Never did get out properly though. How's the EP3 doing ?? Brands :smt096 . Yeah man, it was hard trying to get a decent run without the wheels...
  73. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Bought myself a external mic for my GoPro. I tested it the other night. Track day at Brands next month. http://youtu.be/FWK3Ewtx13g http://youtu.be/5K5uQhaEA3M
  74. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

I went for a £50 Japspeed resonated de-CAT, just to try and keep any unwanted noise down man.
  75. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

Yeah, I bet. That series 1 system will be over 10 years old now. It'll be top draw, I'm sure of it. I'm yet to hear any bad reports of Fujitsubo products, so that will be no issue. Also, pretty much anything strapped to a F20 will sound good, so you'll be clever there too. Like I said, the...
  76. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

Because VTEC only activates under WOT.
  77. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

If I was to do it again, I'd not bother with the manifold. When we were putting mine on we did a before and after comparison and it was almost identical. The mugen was better but parts and fitting cost better - no. The S2000, it's engine and parts were engineered to within an inch of its life...
  78. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

Yes dude, thats a series 1 Mugen. The same that I had. I can't speak highly enough of this system. Granted it was the only system I had on my S2000 in 3 years but it was probably the best part of my car. Being JASMA rated it has minimal drone. It's hard to say if it's over intrusive really...
  79. Suits

My Carbon/Satin CTR

Wow. Even I got a notification for this.
  80. Suits

EP3 Oil Cap Help!!

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?75145-The-Oil-cap-situation-in-Germany&highlight
  81. Suits

I honestly hope that it just feels good to drive quick. There's something great about FWD hatchback's that is impossible not to have fun with. My EP3 was immense fun, great turn in, lift-off oversteer and nagging want to be pushed harder and harder. If Honda can nail that again, I don't care...
  82. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Pic's dont do justice really.
  83. Suits

My S15

Shame really. Cool car this.
  84. Suits

Fcuk the missing teenage horns, its the missing flared, vented arches I wanted. Meh, it will still be a hoot to blat about in anyway. Bring it on.
  85. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

You just had to look at mine the wrong way and she'd be off on one.
  86. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

Spun it yet ??
  87. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

No words, just pictures, of the last....however long. Because - Still LOVE Honda. http://youtu.be/oO05MQh49gY
  88. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Indeed. When you locate your díck and finally drive your S15, you'll realise that when pressing on, especially on track, gloves are a godsend :) . Even when it's not 28'C.
  89. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

For the H9's out there.
  90. Suits

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Oh, I see what this is, BUMPING my shít are we ?!?!?!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature&v=HvCIdIu2F5Y
  91. Suits

Fcuk, really !! Awesome. Must be some way off that sub 8 minute Ring lap then :lol: .
  92. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

Dual exit man, JASMA rated too, like I said, I was running a full de CAT'd Mugen system and it still only came in at about 86db's on testing. RE:Oil Cap, yeah, keep an eye on them man :oops: .
  93. Suits

S2KIP's S2000

I had a full manifold back Mugen System (de-CAT) that came in at about 86db's at various sound tests. Sounded fcuking rad. Píss these things off and they will end you - quick. Garaged mine from Nov - March as it was ridiculous.
  94. Suits

It's at Spa this weekend isn't it ?? I hope this is a decent motor, I really do.
  95. Suits

Cheers John.
  96. Suits

TATE-TEC
  97. Suits

Does anyone know if this has boost and VTEC yet ??
  98. Suits

My S15

This car is lush. Hurry up and sell it so I can forget about it. Or, get some coilovers, wheels and keep it clean and smooth. Stunning car, great colour too.
  99. Suits

Prelude. An old one.

Yeah, true.
Back