• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. beach

Phil’s ep3 resto

Will you be keeping the wing or looking to put it back to stock?
  2. beach

Suits' Cosmic EP3 - ***Oil Leak 08/09/23

I searched and searched for them but couldn’t find any. I ended up going with the climair ones and I’m pretty happy with the quality. https://www.climairuk.com/
  3. beach

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

@sunday_driver You called it :) Luckily I’d put an order in for a Samco replacement months ago. So I didn’t have long with the split. much better I also replaced the interior light bulb and one of the map bulbs (messed up my order and didn’t buy enough for two). Finally I replaced the...
  4. beach

Jumped in the car a few days ago, ignition went on as normal. But when I went to start, just a whining noise then all the lights went off. Bugger. Nothing obvious looked wrong under the bonnet and the fuses looked fine. The stereo has been playing up recently and I knew there were a ton of...
  5. beach

I’ve just been enjoying driving, washing, driving. But I’ve picked up a few bits that I’d like to get changed. New clutch, engine mounts and a couple of other wee bits. I’d been searching for a proper workshop manual. There is a PDF floating around for the US EP3 which is almost there, but...
  6. beach

Type R #17 - FK8 #4

Really like the looks of the FK8. I am tempted to get one, can I sell it as a “sensible family car” to the missus? :rolleyes:
  7. beach

EP3 values

Facelift was at some point in 2003. Premiere was near the end of production - 2005? There is some info about the changes on the jdm4all site - it also links to the goo-net catalog which has tons of info. I quite like the Honda Japan site, it's got a whole archive of cars, the press releases...
  8. beach

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

What is that? And was it connected, or just flopping about causing potential havoc.
  9. beach

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Ah nice. I think I need one of these. I need to stick my head under the car and take a look, but some pictures I have appear to show the engine tray hanging down. Had you been looking for one for a while?
  10. beach

Honda Civic Type R 2005 "DKHonda"

Sounds like you’ve got a decent project ahead of you. It’s a shame about the rust, but there are a few on here who have went to war with it and won. @Craig82 has loads of stuff on his thread.
  11. beach

Sure. No problem. So it’s a 2002 model. Had just over 60,000miles on the clock. Auction sheet showed it as a grade 4 B interior and B exterior. Noted that there were a few dents, scratches and one of the panels had been replaced. The team at BHP Imports checked it at the auction house and gave...
  12. beach

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Looking fresh. :cool:
  13. beach

I don’t even know where to begin with them. I’ve got manuals, but they are in Japanese. I’m trying to source a JDM workshop manual for the EP3. I have a US one, but I’m not sure if the wiring will be the same due the engine difference. I want to have a reference in case anything goes wrong...
  14. beach

Had a poke under the steering wheel at the rats nest of stereo wires. SRS light is on now. I’m sure these things are related :rolleyes:
  15. beach

I picked it up on Tuesday and had a 300 mile drive back home. What a riot it was. The noise it makes when vtec engages is like a savage bark, so addictive, I burned through quite a bit of fuel chasing that noise :D:D It all seems in fairly good condition considering the age, but I need to have...
  16. beach

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that :)
  17. beach

EP3 values

This is what eventually pushed me to get an import.
  18. beach

I can’t wait to get behind the wheel!
  19. beach

JDM EP3 folding mirrors not fully folding

Nice. I'm hoping to get mine next week, hopefully the mirrors are working but I've not asked. I've been toying with the idea of picking up a spare set just in case.
  20. beach

Just purchased a Mugen M200

Any pictures?
  21. beach

Good things come to those who wait. I don't have the car yet, but it's got to the front of the queue and has parts fitted. Just needs tyres and we're good to go. I'm hoping to get it within the next week. Super excited. In the mean time I've bought insurance. Super boring stuff. I'm hoping...
  22. beach

Project EP3

Nice work!
  23. beach

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Ooft. I hope the next owner takes good care of it, after all that work you'd done. Looked like a beaut. GT86 looks tidy, I've always liked the look of these. IIRC there was a Top Gear review and they looked to have a ton of fun in it.
  24. beach

Yeah totally. It’s nice that things are happening after the long shipping. I got the registration documents through yesterday. How’s the FD2 now, got a thread for it?
  25. beach

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Yeah it’s lovely. You still run with no front plate. Ever have any problems with that? I’ve been tempted to do it on my EP3 when I get it.
  26. beach

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Does look good. I’m also curious about the I let manifold as it looks mint.
  27. beach

I don’t have the car yet, but it is in the UK now :D It’s even passed an MOT, with only a couple of tyres needing changed.
  28. beach

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Skunk2 gear knob looks tidy.
  29. beach

The boat is in European waters now. During the voyage I've not been idle. My one doesn't have wind deflectors, so I picked up a set of Climair ones, not too dark. I also got a shift knob as the original isn't there, I'll need to do some work to tidy this one up. @Scottish Type-R Thanks but...
  30. beach

Looks good dried.
  31. beach

Really notice the difference in the arse area and the wings to the left and right of it. anycleaner you recommend? Do you need a special wet vac?
  32. beach

Nice How long till you get it? I see you got a tidy looking FD2. I was tempted, but ultimately the desire for another EP3 was too strong. Next time haha.
  33. beach

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Looking good. I cannot get to the hondata site just now. What do these mods do, improve the airflow I guess?
  34. beach

Ah I’ve already got the brakes ordered and paid. But thanks for the suggestion :) It’s coming in with Höegh.
  35. beach

It depends. I was checking a few of the previous sold ones to get an idea of the auction price for grade, mileage etc. the one I’ve got was a grade 4, 96900km on the clock. You can certainly spend more. Mine is coming in via BHP Imports (@200bhpcars on here). They show some previous prices and...
  36. beach

It’s one of the things the importers will do, then something I’ll keep an eye on and refresh as and when I need to. Lots of the UK second hand ones were in a sorry sounding or looking state. I was really thankful for the MOT history on the dvla site.
  37. beach

The threads by @Craig82 and @T66Gal have been great inspiration for what I’ll need to keep on top of in order to keep the car in good condition.
  38. beach

Thanks. Yeah so painful. I won it back in December. I have the schedule for the boat, but it’ll be hard to resist checking the tracking website every day to see how little the ship has moved :D
  39. beach

I won it at auction. Being imported by bhpimports. It’s a 2002 JDM EP3 in white. It looks to be fairly stock with the comfort pack. The suspension has been changed and it’s got blitz coilovers. Looks pretty clean underneath and the importers were happy when they inspected it before the auction...
  40. beach

I don’t have any advise, but I’ve got a JDM import coming and this was something that was on my mind. I need to ask the importers to check the mirrors. I’ve started looking around for parts for them and hadn’t found anything yet. I saw a few full sets being advertised, but they seemed pretty...
  41. beach

For the brakes we’re going with spoon calipers on the front and will refurb the rears. Dixcel discs and pads and endless hoses.
  42. beach

I won this at auction and finally got a shipping date, I’m hoping should be with me sometime in April once the importers are finished with it. It seems fairly stock, has blitz coil overs. Will be getting a fujitsoba rm01a, gruppe m, and new brakes. Can’t wait.
  43. beach

EP3 values

Agree with this. I’m looking for an EP3. The prices are all over the place. Looking at the MOT history of some of the high priced offerings is eye opening. And if it is a premier people are looking for top dollar, even if it’s a rust bucket underneath. It’s a minefield.
  44. beach

EP3 values

I’ve been spending the last few weeks trawling for another EP3 , preferably a Premier. I saw this pop up. Such a shame they trashed so much while going for the cat!
  45. beach

05 EP3 CTR

Since I've been posting in the faults forum I realised I've never actually posted a picture of the car before. Pictures from when I got it. Only thing I've changed on the outside is removing the Honda garage stickers, and removing the Civic badge. Nothing changed on the inside or anywhere...
  46. beach

Suspected faint knocking while in vtec

Hmm, don't think I've ever had one of those covers. I wonder why it was removed, I have wondered about the two screw holes that were on a bracket on top of the manifold, my conclusion was that they were for a JRSC as I'd heard it just "bolted on". After retrieving the screw I went out for a...
  47. beach

Thanks again for the suggestions :) I've searched about to see what the engine mount looks like, then popped the bonnet and took a wee look. I got right in and everything was looking ok, nothing looked or felt loose. I was then taking another general look about when I spotted something on...
  48. beach

Thanks for the info. The oil is about 9000 miles old, was changed at the last service. The engine damper, a bit of googling leads me to believe this is like suspension for the engine. Which would definitely fit with what I thought I'd heard. If is was an engine damper, is it a big job to...
  49. beach

No insult at all, I'm not really that clued up on cars! I just know to always include as much information as possible when looking for help with suspected faults (I work with computers and problem solving is a daily part of the job :) ) I keep an eye on it and it's looking ok. Can the "age" of...
  50. beach

Hello, A bit of history about the car, EP3 05 plate, 28.5k on the clock 10k by me, had it just over a year. Everything standard apart from brake pads (Ferodo DS2500). Oil is checked regularly and topped up with Silkolene Pro-S, though it hasn't been changed since last service. Always wait a...
  51. beach

Rev limit

Ah excellent, thanks for the information :D Yeah that's exactly what it's like.
  52. beach

Rev limit

So this weekend I managed to somehow enjoy the noise and the revs too much. A couple of times while in third I managed to go slightly over 8k rpm, at which point the car seemed to make a strange revving noise. Of course I then instantly changed gear. I cursed at myself for letting the revs get...
  53. beach

Reverse lights not working

Yeah I ended up getting it done under warrenty. The switch was broken, they got the part and fixed it the next day :)
  54. beach

Reverse lights not working

So I picked up my CTR on Tuesday and I'm loving it, vtec addiction has definitely taken a hold of me :D Only I've got a small problem as my reverse lights don't seem to be working. I've tried changing the bulbs but it didn't help. Anyone know if this is something that would be easily fixable...
Back