• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Rysz85

Idling Issue with bouncing Revs

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? Mine seems to have started doing this but have noticed that if I switch the car off and back on again it clears it/idles fine Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
  2. Rysz85

EP3 won't start

Turns out the battery is fine, what looks to be the problem was the isolation switch I was using. Guessing the connection wasn't as secure as I thought or there's an issue with it. But it's all good now [emoji1360] Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
  3. Rysz85

EP3 won't start

All the door locks, dashboard lights etc work as normal, the car just doesn't seem to be getting enough power to crank over properly. Will get it tested and go from there. Does anyone know if you can free up a seized alternator is it better to jsut replace it?
  4. Rysz85

EP3 won't start

I'd say around 4-5 years old now. Ok will take the battery somewhere for testing. Should the car not have started with a jump even if it is goosed?
  5. Rysz85

EP3 won't start

One of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lidl-Motorcycle-motorcycle-batteries-1-2-120Ah/dp/B08N57KZ2Z Did try jump starting it today to rule out the battery and it did the same thing. Checked all the pulleys on the left side of the engine and found that the alternator seems to be seized, which...
  6. Rysz85

EP3 won't start

Hi all, My EP3 has been parked up for a few months and have done some work on it whilst it's been parked up, mainly exhaust system. Went to start it over the weekend (battery fully charged) and it wouldn't start. More specifically it was struggling to turn over, like when the battery is low...
  7. Rysz85

Aftermarket Cat

Does anyone know of any aftermarket CAT's that'll fit a DC5 4-2? Had a search online and can only see EP3 ones but no longer have the EP3 4-1 Thanks
  8. Rysz85

EP3 - Balljoints

Sorry to bring up an old-ish thread, I need to change the ball joints on my EP3 and was wondering if anyone had used Hardrace ball joints or is it better to just go for OEM? Thanks
  9. Rysz85

EP3 Facelift Headlight Main Beam Issue

I'm in Swindon. What I am going to try is a different bulb and see if that makes a difference as I noticed the new bulbs are 100w Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  10. Rysz85

Few photo's of the connections etc. I have noticed today that if I unplug the main beams then reconnect them, the dim main beam blue light on the dash doesnt come on until I have put on the dipped lights then turned them off
  11. Rysz85

I'll try and get some photos on lunch of all the connections and check the points you have mentioned. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  12. Rysz85

I've changed the connectors to the correct ones but still have the issue. I have noticed though that main beam light goes off when you put dipped lights on, but when you got back to sidelights the light comes back. I'm guessing that there is some wiring issue as it seems like the mains are...
  13. Rysz85

When they are on or of the bulbs/connectors? Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  14. Rysz85

Any ideas?
  15. Rysz85

I bought a facelift conversion kit a little while back off of a forum member. Fitted it all fine with no issues at the time. The headlights came with some LED main beams fitted and some standard type bulbs spare. When I tried fitting the standard bulbs they work fine but the main beam blue...
  16. Rysz85

HiD Ballast problem

Ballast received Lee :) All working fine again
  17. Rysz85

HiD Ballast problem

I will let you know on Sunday as am away until then
  18. Rysz85

HiD Ballast problem

Bought a 50W Hid kit from hids-direct about 3 months ago and had them fitted but my mate (electrician) Tonight the passenger side packs up, at first i thought it was the bulb but that was fine. When i switched them on with the bonnet up i can hear the drivers side ballast working but the...
  19. Rysz85

Mugen Wing Fitted

Looks mint mate :smt023
  20. Rysz85

Help Needed!!

Got a long drive on Sunday and i'm pretty sure one of my springs has snapped
  21. Rysz85

Help Needed!!

Is there anyone in the Swindon/Wiltshire area that is able to change the springs on my civic before Sunday? Rysz
  22. Rysz85

Hi Mike, I will have to pass on the b-pipe. Funding issues. Cheers anyway, how is the RM01A...

Hi Mike, I will have to pass on the b-pipe. Funding issues. Cheers anyway, how is the RM01A?? Rysz
  23. Rysz85

Smelly tyres

There was a topic on CTRO about this and it sounded pretty common
  24. Rysz85

OEM Brake pads or Ferodo DS2500?

Mintex discs are on ebay for £51 including delivery. I dont think they are too different from standard Honda discs (correct me if i'm wrong)
  25. Rysz85

My EP3 CTR

make sure you get a shell loyalty card as well :D yeah she does lol although haven't seen her in years
  26. Rysz85

My EP3 CTR

i have only ever put v-power in since i got the car i know some people who put regular in after using super/v-power and they said the car didnt feel like it was running as well but they do not know whether this is a placebo effect or not
  27. Rysz85

My EP3 CTR

i run mine on v-power which has just turned 120.9p i have had 250 miles on a tank, 70ish motorway and 180 spirited driving
  28. Rysz85

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

I got my CTR when i was 22. Am 24 now
  29. Rysz85

Head Unit sticking/stopping

A couple of weeks ago while out in the car my head unit decided to turn itself off. Firstly none of the buttons worked, i.e. volume, tracking etc.. then the whole thing shut down. When I managed to switch it back on it required the security code. A few days later I switched the head unit off...
  30. Rysz85

My Civic

Decided as the weather was nice at the weekend that i would treat my car to a good wash and polish. Washed using Meguires Mitt & Meguires car shampoo (can't remember the name of it) Went over the car with the Meguires Clay Bar Kit Finished it off with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Glass Cleaner
  31. Rysz85

My Civic

It's been a while since updated this last so thought now would be a good time First addition to the car was a set of JDM Mats. Thanks to Muxy for tracking these down at a bargain price. Then one of my bulbs decided to pack up so for the time being fitted some 90% brighter from Halfords...
  32. Rysz85

Any young CTR drivers?

Its a new customer promotion. . 10 months for price of 12 My renewal for this year was more than what i paid last year.
  33. Rysz85

Alarm/Electrical Fault

This may sound stupid but is the bulb in the right way round? I have seen a few cars that do the same as yours and was told it was the bulb
  34. Rysz85

0-60 times on Modded EP3's

its on none of the above but he may well be on them wouldn't it be cheaper to sell his EP2 and buy an EP3 for the same power?
  35. Rysz85

0-60 times on Modded EP3's

Depends how much you want to spend on the mods. A guy on another forum i'm on has an EP2 and is running around 160BHP
  36. Rysz85

Discs and Pads

Just called my local Honda dealer as im in need of new pads and discs. Told me that front discs and pads are £120 fully fitted.
  37. Rysz85

Any young CTR drivers?

That's with Direct Line Best quote i had for it by far
  38. Rysz85

Any young CTR drivers?

I'm 23 with 5 years NCB and pay £480 fully comp with £350 excess so not too bad Pre-facelift 51 Milano CTR Protected NCB, legal cover & guaranteed courtesy car all included
  39. Rysz85

Oldest Type-R?

I now own 01260 - Jon Collins old CTR It's a 51' plate but not too sure when it was registered.
  40. Rysz85

Where to get your windows tinted

If you're willing to travel: Auto Asylum Unit 4 River Ray Industrial Estate Barnfield Road Swindon Wiltshire SN2 2DT http://www.autoasylum.co.uk/ Was...
  41. Rysz85

2002 Civic Type-R from Germany

Welcome :) The last summer pic is awesome
  42. Rysz85

My Pirates Black Accord Type R

I was in the Milano going the other way that you waved at i knew i had seen your car on here because of the black alloys
  43. Rysz85

My Pirates Black Accord Type R

Looks good mate, Were you stuck in traffic along Great Western Way last friday i think it was?
  44. Rysz85

Honda Elise Conversion

looks like will be quite an interesting build. trying to convice my mate to do the same lol
  45. Rysz85

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

how much was it to get the ARB and Tie Bar powder coated?
  46. Rysz85

FN2 a in st focus's

my mate used to have a focus st and told me that when it was standard he couldnt pull away from a civic.
  47. Rysz85

wind deflectors... any good?

sorry it was 3m tape i got it from work but hav seen it in shops directa.co.uk/site/scripts/module.php?webSectionID=18&webSubSectionID=216
  48. Rysz85

wind deflectors... any good?

Local DIY store or something? Mine are held on with 3H double sided paded tape.
  49. Rysz85

Alarm / Locking

the indicators flash on mine but it doesnt unlock might be the colder weather affecting it
  50. Rysz85

Alarm / Locking

nearly 2 months on and the same has happened again anyone else had this trouble?
  51. Rysz85

FN2 Which Tyre to use?

i know mine is the older civic (ep3) but i used to do about 500+ miles a week i bought the car this time last year and had to change them (bridgestones) in sept last year. i got 10k out them myself and think they did a couple thousand before i got the car
  52. Rysz85

Alarm / Locking

i think it might have been the cold as it is all working now my deadlock locks automatically, i dont need to push the button a 2nd time thanks anyway
  53. Rysz85

Alarm / Locking

Hi All, Earlier on today (about 6.30pm) i got back to my car after work. Went to open it using the fob, the indicators flashed but the car did not unlock. Tried it a couple of times after that and the same thing happend. If i press the unlock button once then again within 5 seconds it double...
  54. Rysz85

car mats

there is a set being sold on here for £65 http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=56266
  55. Rysz85

FN2 White FN2 review

saw a carrier full of these today on the m4 even though it was still quite dark they do look good
  56. Rysz85

FN2 Baby on Board, or so i thought !!!

i've been getting really cheesed off with people lately parking in parent and child. my son is only 2 months old yet i get the biggest evils from people. yesterday in tesco, a woman and what looked like her 13 year old daughter parked in parent and child while i was waiting for a space even...
  57. Rysz85

Petrol prices in your area

97.9p for normal shell 103.9 for v-power :D hopefully v-power will be below a pound soon
  58. Rysz85

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Oct 2001 Just done 68k
  59. Rysz85

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

Autospeed in Swindon Bridgestone Potenzas RE040's £100 fully fitted
  60. Rysz85

ep3 mats

i got the red JDM mats in my milano CTR. really finish it off well and was lucky as i got them for £50 :D
  61. Rysz85

v power etc.

heard this on radio 2 the other day anything from 1.8 upwards it helps
  62. Rysz85

uneven rear tyre wear

mine are starting to wear on the inside edge anbd i have been told it is due to the camber. a few people i know have said it too
  63. Rysz85

Need new tyres

i have proxes on the front of my car at the moment. they seem to grip better in the wet than the bridgestones and have the same, if not better in the dry. i haven't noticed it yet but they do wear down quite quickly as i have been told by a few different people
  64. Rysz85

car feels jumpy/jerky at low speed???

i think i get this but haven't really thought anything of it i get it worse when the car is cold
  65. Rysz85

New Honda Civic.

shame about the back end apart from that i quite like it
  66. Rysz85

Recommendations

Hi All, My car is due is set of front tyres in the next couple of weeks. I currently have potenzas on the car. I have been looking at a couple of different tyres and was wondering what people's experience of the below is and what they would recomend? Bridgestone Potenza's Toyo Proxes...
  67. Rysz85

4 Hours and Shares in Meguires.

now thats alot of products. . . looks good though mate :)
  68. Rysz85

How Many Miles do you do in a week?

anything between 300 to 500/600 miles a week
  69. Rysz85

Should I Buy This Type-R?

i would say its worth looking on the main honda website as thats where i got mine from its a 51 milano red with 55k on clock an i got it for 7.5k from a main honda dealer, came with a years warranty and breakdown cover free as well as honda happiness.
  70. Rysz85

Age & Insurance

have you tried direct line? thats who im with and im paying around £580 full comp with protected ncb + legal cover a year am 22 with 4 years no claim
  71. Rysz85

Car Insurance

£582 fully comp with protected no years claims, legal cover, £250 excess, am 22 with 4 years no claims :D thats with directline
  72. Rysz85

My Civic

thanks for the comments everyone am going to think about a rocker cover if can get one at the right price and the cost of fitting it
  73. Rysz85

My Civic

Here's some pictures of my civic type-r
Back