• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. adsgrey

366bhp Supercharged FD2

I've owned the car for over 3 years now and still puts a :D on my face every time I get a chance to floor it,however the wife thinks differently..lol
  2. adsgrey

366bhp Supercharged FD2

Alright fella, I've had a new digital stereo fitted along with some MPS4 tyres and black wheel nuts. Just waiting till I'm next home to give it a good run out and see what the tyres are like. Other than that I'm pretty much done mod wise, just going to enjoy it and hopefully get a track day and...
  3. adsgrey

366bhp Supercharged FD2

Was fine running them on 10mm drop but with current setup tyres were catching arch liner on bumpy roads so removed them. Ill be putting them up for sale next month .
  4. adsgrey

366bhp Supercharged FD2

Had 20mm front and rear to start with but run with 5mm on front only now.
  5. adsgrey

366bhp Supercharged FD2

cheers fella, gonna stick new rubber on it next time home and give it a good run out, will have to be in the dry as it spins in first to third in dry with current tyres :D
  6. adsgrey

366bhp Supercharged FD2

I've done combe in standard setup so to speak it handled well but lacked straight line grunt , looking forward to stretching its legs now its finished just got to decide on AD08s or MPS4s!
  7. adsgrey

366bhp Supercharged FD2

2010 plate facelift FD2 on 24k miles Mods to date Mugen exhaust Mugen front lip Mugen wind deflectors J's racing de-cat Tein SS advance EDFC 2 Flash Pro TDI North fast road set up TDI North induction kit Stage 4 CC 450bhp rated DS2500 pads TTS intercooler TTS radiator Rotrex SS...
  8. adsgrey

Replacing springs

Thought that might be the case , ill post up my findings once I've given it a go!
  9. adsgrey

Replacing springs

Looking to get this sorted soon, anyone know either way?!
  10. adsgrey

Replacing springs

Currently my FD2 is running Honda Modulo 1 way adjustable suspension, my question is can I replace the springs to lower the car,or will this mess the ride up because of pre-set spring rating/load on the springs already on it?
  11. adsgrey

Adsgrey,s 10 plate CW FD2

Well im back in a honda after a 4 year break(in an evo 9 gt) Just picked up this from RS Direct (stuart t,s old car) Plans for it next year include changing the wheels and having a supercharger fitted,also looking forward to getting it on track at some point in the spring.
  12. adsgrey

FD2 wheels

Sat on Modulo suspension with 10mm drop. [/URL][/IMG]
  13. adsgrey

FD2 wheels

Just picked up a 10 plate FD2 and wanted to know what is the widest 18in alloy/tyre setup people have run without rubbing the arches? Looking at a 25mm drop from factory height so nothing drastic in that department.Any info on best place to pick up the wheels/springs would be helpful too. Cheers Ads
  14. adsgrey

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

34 with a DC5,looking at an EVO 9 MR FQ 360 later this year with 400bhp upgrade. Going to be hard to let the Teg go though as its the best car ive owned to date!!!
  15. adsgrey

HOT Croft 23/07/10...

Im there.:twisted:
  16. adsgrey

HOT Castle Combe 12/04/10...

All paid up,last one was a good crack.:D
  17. adsgrey

New Toy

Good to hear you're enjoying the diff mate.;)
  18. adsgrey

Which LSD

On the road, no. On the track ,yes,a lot smoother.
  19. adsgrey

Which LSD

Had the Wavetrac one fitted a while back and its been spot on so far,both on the road and track.
  20. adsgrey

Turbocharger & Exhaust...time for more power!!!

If you are set on keeping the Honda and want that sort of power increase go down the supercharger route. It suits the engine characteristics better than a turbo.TDI North would be a good place to call.
  21. adsgrey

Nurburg trip

Around £700 including insurance.
  22. adsgrey

Discs & Pads

Got mine from one of the companies advertising in Banzai,cant remember the name.I know tdi north can supply them for around £65+vat.
  23. adsgrey

Discs & Pads

Yes its worth doing mate,ive got the same setup on my DC5,the braided hoses go for around £60-£70.
  24. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Had the uprated clutch and lsd fitted last month along with a full set of Goodyear Eagle,s and an alloy refurb. Went for a single plate competion clutch from Clutch Masters thats been spot on.Lsd was from Wavetrac,oem one was ok but this has made cornering a lot smoother now the chargers been...
  25. adsgrey

Your tyre reviews

Yes mate i got the 215/45/17s. they took a bit of scrubbing in but after that they were like night and day compared to the bridgestones i had on before.
  26. adsgrey

Your tyre reviews

No mate, 10/10 as in they,ve worn very little,and thats after some serious abuse for around 200miles:twisted:
  27. adsgrey

Your tyre reviews

Fitted a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics 2000 miles ago,hands down the best tyres ive had on any car to date! Price £410 Wear-10/10 Noise-9/10( very quiet) Grip Wet-9/10 Grip Dry-10/10
  28. adsgrey

Nurburg trip

It did look good,unfortunately did,nt get to see it on the track,quickest car i saw left the barrier in front of me(KTM Xbow)it was out of sight before id even found 3rd gear:eek:
  29. adsgrey

Nurburg trip

Just a few photos from my trip to the Nurburgring last weekend,more to come when i get hold of my mates camera. Managed to fit in 12 laps between the rain and the crashes(around 4 of them on the sunday) Could,nt fault the car all weekend,the new LSD and Goodyear,s definitely made a difference...
  30. adsgrey

DC2 DB8 DC5 Headlight adaptors

S*d it! There on and im off to the 'ring':twisted: Cheers anyway mate.
  31. adsgrey

If thats the case mate other than cuffing it are there any alternatives to the sticker type adaptors?
  32. adsgrey

As usual the integras not included in the fitting instructions :mad:.Anyone know where the stickers go on the headlamps for driving in Europe. Cheers Ads
  33. adsgrey

My New Milano DC5

Give it 6 months or so mate,thats what i said when i got mine. Enjoy:D
  34. adsgrey

My New Milano DC5

:cool: Any mods planned for it?
  35. adsgrey

Fire extinguisher fitting

Nice idea, but it was bad enough explaining to the other half that id just had a charger fitted:smt021 ,theres no chance i could get away with rocking up with the interior stripped out to fit a fire extinguisher. Going to fit it on the right hand side of passenger footwell.
  36. adsgrey

Fire extinguisher fitting

Looking at fitting a fire extinguisher in the front of the car,was thinking somewhere in the passenger footwell.Any pics/ recommendations of where to fit it appreciated.
  37. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Old and new dyno printouts. [/URL][/IMG]
  38. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Cheers lads. Best car ive had so far,gona keep it for at least a couple of years.:D
  39. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Yep they sure are,having them refurbed soon, now the Goodyears have been fitted.
  40. adsgrey

DC2 DB8 DC5 Will J's front strut brace fit with AEM V2?

No it won,t fit mate,tried it myself a few months back.Havent found one that will either,you,l probably have to change the filter if you really want one,im gona leave as is for now.
  41. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Yep it was Haynes,just used it to finish off my bridgestones.Heres some photos(finally):lol: http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr177/adsgrey/
  42. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Just done a short technical track all 2nd and 3rd gear corners and the car behaved well in the dry.Putting your foot down on anything other than a bone dry surface is a waste of time though as ive had it spinning all the way up to 4th gear!Il let you know when ive cracked the same track with the...
  43. adsgrey

FD2 New Mugen RR

Nice:cool:
  44. adsgrey

Strutbraces with V2

Should of explained myself better. With the V2 fitted there was'nt enough clearance for the Js racing brace to sit flush on the struts.
  45. adsgrey

Strutbraces with V2

Anyone got any suggestions on which front upper strutbraces will fit the DC5 with an AEM V2 fitted,if any.Cheers.(already tried the Js racing one)
  46. adsgrey

Goodyear f1s

Cheers,looks like il be getting myself a set for christmas then:D
  47. adsgrey

Goodyear f1s

Anyone know if the Goodyear Eagle f1 Asymetrics(new tread pattern)are any good?
  48. adsgrey

stupid sound in Rain

I had exactly the same thing on my DC5,felt like something was going to go bang or fall off.Its definatly water on the exhaust as mentioned above,had it checked at TDI North.Apart from making sure all the mounts are secure not a lot else can be done as far as i know.
  49. adsgrey

washing car with gruppe m, air duct issues ?

Just check the drainage hole now and again to make sure its not blocked!
  50. adsgrey

spoon n1 bung noise level

Probably worth getting a noise meter mate,i picked one up from digital-meters for around £40,least you,l know for sure before rockin up at the track.
  51. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Having probs getting photos from webshots onto this forum,any help steering me in right direction would be appreciated,cheers.
  52. adsgrey

DB increase?

Decided to keep the cat on in the end,measured the noise levels at 5000rpm, ended up with 97db without bung 90db with bung in.
  53. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Thought i had mate ,il put some up when i work out how to.:smt017
  54. adsgrey

My JRSC DC5

Had the charger fitted up at TDI North(cheers lads)last month,the car was good before,now its f****** awesome to drive! Car made 295bhp on the rollers. Spec list JRSC 8psi K-pro ecu HKS sparkplugs AEM V2 with Hydroshield Apexi exhaust Fast road setup Eibach springs Buddyclub alloys...
  55. adsgrey

DB increase?

Only threw away the standard one last month #-o
  56. adsgrey

DB increase?

Cheers mate ,il bear it in mind ,hopefully wont come to that though.
  57. adsgrey

DB increase?

Any recommendations on a quieter tailpipe if needed at a later date?
  58. adsgrey

DB increase?

Nice one,cheers:D
  59. adsgrey

DB increase?

Thought as much,guess il just have to get a reading when its set up.Does the bung for the tailpipe help much?
  60. adsgrey

DB increase?

Im getting a toda manifold fitted along with a JRSC to my DC5 next month, just wondering if im gona have major issues DB wise when it comes to trackdays,the rest of the exhaust is an Apexi Hayabussa unit. Cheers,Ads.
  61. adsgrey

Combi Discs DC5

Had discs fitted with Red Stuff pads.Discs fine but pads screeched like f***:mad:,did around 100 miles on them then took car back and swapped them for Green Stuff ones(much better IMO). Just need to get them bedded in before im off to the ring in the next month or so:twisted:
  62. adsgrey

Combi Discs DC5

Fair comment mate.Ive had combi discs on last couple of motors though and touch wood they,ve been fine,mabe i drive like a fan*y
  63. adsgrey

Combi Discs DC5

Already been ordered mate,couldn't hang around. Brakes are pretty much useless at the moment.:eek:
  64. adsgrey

Combi Discs DC5

Cheers for the info.Had someone recomend 3G discs,they do drilled and grooved for £219 all in.Gona try them with some EBC pads,il post how i get on with them:)
  65. adsgrey

Combi Discs DC5

Anyone know of anywhere that does grooved/dimpled discs the same size as originals for a DC5?
Back