• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. dessimpson

FL5 New Civic Type R

Is the price a joke? Isn't that about £15k more than the FK8?
  2. dessimpson

Modifications

Didn't you get a dyno print out?
  3. dessimpson

FK8 No more new FK8's

You say that like "made in UK" is a good thing?
  4. dessimpson

XenForo issues and tracker thread

I just looked for the titles from the link URL's and did a search for them :)
  5. dessimpson

XenForo issues and tracker thread

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/loxys-silver-fn2-gt-js-braces.42521/ https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/my-ep3-tdi-turbo-kit-420bhp-300ftlb-12psi-12-6s-119mph-street-tyres.53947/
  6. dessimpson

Site not secure?

You can get on using Chrome if you type thisisunsafe when the certificate error comes up.
  7. dessimpson

FK8 Non-performance modifications not insured

That sounds a bit harsh on their part? I'm with Churchill and they were ok with mine. Exhaust, air filter and coilovers.
  8. dessimpson

Timing Chain Check

I had mine done a few months ago. Similar mileage as yours. Along with an MOT, major service (plugs, filters and all oils) and a new water pump. Was about £1300 all in. Pretty sure the timing chain kit was £255. So if you add labour onto that it'll give you a rough price.
  9. dessimpson

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Suffered from this on all my Evo's. The lazy option is to spray some "back to black" on them. Works a treat short term :)
  10. dessimpson

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Lol. I used it today to go get my covid jab [emoji16]
  11. dessimpson

Got a new battery for the mini last weekend so I can now move it to get the EP3 out of the garage for the first time in about 3 months :) Took it for a quick spin and the EML came on [emoji35] O2 sensor error. Reset the code and took it for another blast. It didn't come back on but I'll keep...
  12. dessimpson

Nope. Other than the timing chain and water pump. I've only done about 2000 miles in it nearly 2 years. I went to get it out of the garage on Saturday but my mini was parked in front of it with a dead battery [emoji35] It'll be out this weekend though as the mini has a new battery now.
  13. dessimpson

Jdm ep3 suspension refresh

My EP3 has coilovers and I wish it didn't. Would much prefer standard shocks.
  14. dessimpson

I opened my garage and saw mine for the first time in 2 months. Then closed the garage door again :)
  15. dessimpson

EP3 FN2 bouncing and bobbing at the front after coil/o and FRS

I had BC coilovers on my old Evo 5. The front end on it bounced around a fair bit too. I think it's just the fact that the BC coilovers are crap.
  16. dessimpson

EP3 JDM EP3 01-03 Type R Original Sales Brochure

You are correct. My mistake.
  17. dessimpson

EP3 JDM EP3 01-03 Type R Original Sales Brochure

There's two on eBay for about £20. Just search for "JDM ep3 brochure"
  18. dessimpson

EP3 New Tyre Advice - Kumho's

That is quite a big price difference.
  19. dessimpson

EP3 New Tyre Advice - Kumho's

Got Michelin's on all my cars. PS4 on the ep3 and golf. Supersport on the mini. Had PS4 on my Evo 5 and had 3 sets on my Evo 10. Good all round tyres. Decent price too. What's the price on the kumho's?
  20. dessimpson

timing chain cost?

Got mine done on my ep3 at Performance autoworks a couple of weeks ago. Major service. New water pump. Timing chain and MOT. Was just over £1300 all in. The timing chain kit was £255
  21. dessimpson

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Jeebus! XP12 are proper track only pads. Hope your next trackday isn't too far away.
  22. dessimpson

FN2 Chain change

Don't think so. He had a folder with generic services on it. He just picked the most expensive one. Said I was due a major service. I told him it wasn't, as the previous service was the major one and I had the receipt from Honda in Bristol for it. "Can't see it on the system so best to assume it...
  23. dessimpson

FN2 Chain change

Honda in Salisbury tried to quote me for changing the timing "belt" on my S2000 at 65k miles. Seemed a bit perplexed when I told him it didn't have one. I walked out and went elsewhere.
  24. dessimpson

My 02 ep3 type r 98k

Wheels look pretty good in gold. I'm liking that.
  25. dessimpson

FK8 Anyone touched up their brembos?

You can spray them with back to black bumper shine. If that brings them up ok then it's probably just lacquer.
  26. dessimpson

Stardus' Modulo S660

Yeah. That's the one. Was parked up near us. Had some very nice parts on it. Was the best car of the whole JAE weekend in my opinion.
  27. dessimpson

Stardus' Modulo S660

Saw one of these at JAE last year. Awesome looking cars [emoji106]
  28. dessimpson

FK8 Hard Decision

I'm looking at getting a Golf R at the minute. The FK8 looks good from the front but looks hideous from the back (unless it's black to hide the fake grilles on the bumper). I've had lots of 4wd performance cars and they suit my driving style (lazy [emoji16]). It'll never see a track in my...
  29. dessimpson

H's JDM Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6/VI - Scotia White

Looks nice. Had a few myself. There aren't many around now that aren't either garage queens or rust buckets. I do sometimes fancy getting another one but I think 3 cars is enough for me at the minute. My advice. Don't put cheap coilovers on it and keep it relatively standard. A 3 port and a...
  30. dessimpson

finally back in a R

Very nice Baz. Good things come to those who wait.
  31. dessimpson

EP3 Looking for experiences with Bilstein b14 Coilovers

There is no comfort. They're harsh and crashy. They're the only thing I don't like about my car.
  32. dessimpson

FN2 Whining noise when engine running

Is your wife/girlfriend in the car when it happens?
  33. dessimpson

Fitting facelift wing mirrors to pre-facelift EP3

The image works fine for me?
  34. dessimpson

Loxy's Type R #6

I did too. And if he was selling it a few months earlier i'd have bought it.
  35. dessimpson

Dream car at 18

£3000! Jeebus. I did once get a quote for just over £8000 for a pulsar gti-r. Think I was paying about £350 for it at the time. I was paying £550 for an evo 5 and a little pug 106 on multicar. That was with all mods declared on the Evo. At 18 I had a 1.0 metro and that was plenty fast enough...
  36. dessimpson

Hmmm.
  37. dessimpson

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Car was faultless all the way home. Nice to meet you.
  38. dessimpson

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

The 135i (non M) had the DCT too.
  39. dessimpson

TomCat's Evo X

I had the XXR 527's on mine. I think they suit the car quite well.
  40. dessimpson

Wow. Can't believe you couldn't see the difference??
  41. dessimpson

Forum time

I had a look in there and it's set to GMT
  42. dessimpson

Forum time

Why is the forum running on CET? It's an hour in front of UK time.......Or I may just be drunk and confused :)
  43. dessimpson

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

Lovely car. Sounded awesome last weekend.
  44. dessimpson

Drive it more often?
  45. dessimpson

XP 12 not a bit extreme?
  46. dessimpson

Tried Ian at carbotech for pads? Might be worth asking?
  47. dessimpson

I'd get rid of the alarm too. Can you imagine how embarrasing it would be to stall it on a busy roundabout and the car not start??
  48. dessimpson

The flat battery is a bit of a pain when you stall it on a large roundabout :(
  49. dessimpson

17 instead of 18 ;)
  50. dessimpson

Looks good.
  51. dessimpson

Tapatalk replies

For me too. I just close them and open the thread. Seems to do the trick.
  52. dessimpson

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

Lad at work users part worn tyres. He's out there every day pumping them up. Gone through half a dozen in the past 6 months.
  53. dessimpson

Aftermarket alloy advice

I thought the evo alloys were a straight swap? 17x8 et 38
  54. dessimpson

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

That's this entire thread summed up in one sentence. edit: Two sentences :)
  55. dessimpson

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

Yes. They were hopeless in the wet. Even with 4 wheel drive.
  56. dessimpson

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I'm guessing they've updated it as I can only see them mention the VIII fq400?
  57. dessimpson

DC5 restoration - track project

Looks good.
  58. dessimpson

Seat rail?
  59. dessimpson

EVO 6 Alloys on FN2 need Help!

If you go for the evo 10 alloys, I've got a set of wheel nuts for them that you can have for delivery cost. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  60. dessimpson

The evo 10 alloys are nice (I'm biased here :) ). The red stripe may look good on your car if it's a similar shade of red. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  61. dessimpson

They're evo 10 alloys Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  62. dessimpson

EVO 8 Enkei wheels centre cap size

I'll have a dig in my garage. I do remember turning up at indigo-gt with only 3 nuts on one of my wheels, so it may not be 2 full sets i have. That said. I might have 3 sets.
  63. dessimpson

Pretty sure i saw a set in my toolbox at the weekend and another set in a box in my garage. I'll have a dig in the garage this weekend and see exactly how many i have. Cover the postage and they're yours. Or you can collect them from Gloucester if you're local?
  64. dessimpson

This is a quick car!! Would leave mine for dead now. The whining from the diff is quite cool but I'm sure it would gate after a while. On the plus side, if you go a bit faster than you'd like, then slow down a touch. It makes it pretty bearable.
  65. dessimpson

Ah. So you've got a rail then.
  66. dessimpson

Can be moved between cars? You can't even get it in the one you bought it for :)
  67. dessimpson

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Use whatever it says in the manual. If it says use super and you don't then don't expect much if your engine goes pop. On the other hand. If it says 95 then it's time to save some monies :)
  68. dessimpson

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I like it. I think it looks good.
  69. dessimpson

Genuine Mugen oil cap ;)
  70. dessimpson

Should have put a post up for the wheel nuts. I've got 2 or 3 sets.
  71. dessimpson

Watch it when it's up on the jack. My old evo 5 lifted it's back in the air too. I thought it was cool till it fell of the jack. Luckily all 4 wheels were on at the time. The jack didn't look too good afterwards though.
  72. dessimpson

FK2 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S .... Anyone been running them on all 4 corners for a while?

The evo is a bit more forgiving on the tyres due to it being 4 wheel drive. Only downside is that you have to replace all 4 at the same time. Mine are the Pilot Sport 4. Not the Pilot Sport 4S. Just to be clear :smt023
  73. dessimpson

FK2 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S .... Anyone been running them on all 4 corners for a while?

I've got the evo X. I've done 12,000 miles on them and the rears have about 6 mil of tread. As do 80% of the fronts. My car has quite an aggressive camber on the front so the inner edges are quite worn. Were it not so aggressive I reckon i'd easily get 20,000 out of them.
  74. dessimpson

FK2 Private plate

I've got a 1990 evo 10 [emoji4]
  75. dessimpson

FK2 Looking to change tyres

Pilot sport 4 S is out at the end of the month I think. The pilot sport 4 is 95% the same as the pilot super sports and has replaced them in some sizes. Not sure what sizes the PS4 S will come in initially.
  76. dessimpson

Why does it have a Windows logo?
  77. dessimpson

Tyres - Goodyear Eagle F1's?

I've had my current set of pilot sport 4's on for 10,000 miles and they're only slightly worn on the front inners due to my FRSU. I reckon I'll get at least another 8,000 out of them and my car is a lot heavier than an ep3 :)
  78. dessimpson

Trackers are they worth it

You'd probably save more money fitting one of the devices that tracks how you drive? I got asked if I'd have one on my accord the other day. I'm 44, license for 26 years and never had a single point. Told them to sod off, I'd rather pay more!
  79. dessimpson

Another tyre question.Toyo proxes?

Had Michelin PS4's on my last car and my current car. Good tyre for not too much money.
  80. dessimpson

Another tyre question.Toyo proxes?

Thought the T1R's had been replaced? They're a 10 year old tyre and things have moved on a lot in that time.
  81. dessimpson

Toyo T1-R?
  82. dessimpson

No new tyres or brakes required?
  83. dessimpson

I took Chris down to pick the car up on Friday from TGM (Big thanks to Willie for sorting my front mud flap!). This teg is just as fast as my lardy arsed evo 10. I'd have him off the lights, but when moving, it's just as quick. Looks awesome too.
  84. dessimpson

Car looks good.
  85. dessimpson

Never had it in any of my turbo'd cars. On the plus side. Winter is coming so it won't be an issue ;)
  86. dessimpson

Evo 6 alloy wheels.

Get some pictures up then :)
  87. dessimpson

Evo 6 alloy wheels.

It's the ones on the right in this pic.
  88. dessimpson

Evo 6 alloy wheels.

Dunno. I know that all my evo's have came with flat faced nuts on the standards alloys. In fact. I may have a set in the garage somewhere. Could swear I saw some the other day.
  89. dessimpson

Evo 6 alloy wheels.

Flat faced nuts
  90. dessimpson

Time for new tyres

I had the continentals sp5's and the Michelin ps4's on my previous car. Both were excellent road tyres. The ps4's were a bit noisier if that bothers you.
  91. dessimpson

Back from the dark side

Teg looks awesome. Keep it polished and protect that red paint!
  92. dessimpson

Yeah. Vans can be expensive to repair
  93. dessimpson

Evo X FQ300 SST

It'll be filthy again soon as I'll be using it for work again. Bloody Accord is doing my head in :(
  94. dessimpson

Evo X FQ300 SST

I've done over 2000 miles in it so far! Luckily the Accord is now fixed so hopefully I can resist the urge to take it to work (180 miles a day :( )
  95. dessimpson

Evo X FQ300 SST

Yes. The old one was a 90's car with a 70's interior :)
  96. dessimpson

Evo X FQ300 SST

Not really. The SST gearbox is a big limiting factor when it comes to upping the power. To be honest, it's quick enough. Nowhere near as quick as my previous cars but it's no slouch. I'll probably just put a decat on and do some cosmetic upgrades. Keep the power at about 350bhp or so.
  97. dessimpson

Evo X FQ300 SST

Thought I'd start a thread. Had the car for 3 weeks now. Totally standard apart from an FQ330 exhaust. Previous owner replaced the AYC pump. Changed the clutch packs in the SST gearbox. And fitted the later version timing chain. Really liking it. It's a fair bit slower than my old Evo 5 but...
  98. dessimpson

FN2 Samsung S6

When you plug android in to USB you have to swipe down from the top and tell it what you want to share. ie photos. USB etc etc. That's since android 6 i think.
  99. dessimpson

Another boring post asking about tyre sizes on EVO 8 Enkei alloys... Sorry :/

Those wheels suit the ep3 better than they do the evo 8. When I sold my evo 8 I gave mine away for free.
Back