• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. JMR

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

Last minute cancelled order as I understand, but all the paperwork was in place and the car was registered already. Customer changed their mind and had a new black one instead. No drama to the dealership - that white car is nice too I had a look at it last week.
  2. JMR

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

Champ White and Racing Blue Pearl FK8's at Honda Grantham Delivery miles, pre-registered Prices are above the normal 'new' retail prices which can be expected in this climate, and due to the fact you cant get a brand new one any more This is the next best thing if money's burning a hole in...
  3. JMR

BMW M2 competition

Oofft lovely car Dotty Bet that gets a bit of fizzing in the old gentleman sausage (as Clarkson says) lol :p Very nice. That suspension looks seriously damned good. Like the look after removing the arch thingies too. Proper weapon. Love it.
  4. JMR

FK8 Battery Charging

Yes the CTEK MXS 5.0 is great for just leaving on the car without disconnecting the battery. I've had one connected to my car for the last few years. A decent quality one like the above would be best, some of the cheaper ones you run the risk of back-feed through the rectifier :p (as a budget...
  5. JMR

Plated/Coated front brake discs?

I bought the Brembo coated discs for the Clio200 and sprayed them with 2/3 coats of Hammerite satin black before fitting them. I also bought some TRW discs for my sons Civic that were coated and they were fitted last summer and still look good. I didn't put any additional coating on them. I...
  6. JMR

370z Nismo

Nice car Mark These look great in white and especially the NISMO version Seats are very similar to what we're used to in a Type R :cool: Nice buy
  7. JMR

First time alloy wheel refurb - 4 x Honda Penta 17" Alloys

Sold straight away. only got 1 bidder on eBay although there were 7 watchers Went for the opening bid which was £140.00 Bit disappointed but they're gone now. And I wouldn't have paid £80 for them without me refurbing them lol :lol: Nothing lost really.
  8. JMR

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Looks a quality repair by your paint guy and the keys look great !
  9. JMR

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Lovely Alfa IMO one of the best looking and arguably most desirable 4 door family barges on the market. And THAT engine !!
  10. JMR

First time alloy wheel refurb - 4 x Honda Penta 17" Alloys

Furloughed again in Lockdown 2.0 :( However has given me plenty of time to do a few things I otherwise would struggle to get done. My son has some spare wheels for his Civic that are frankly, in a horrible state. :lol: He's never going to use them so he said let's put them on eBay. I...
  11. JMR

EP3 'Money well spent' mods for the FN2

Haha. Don’t worry i fitted the Tegiwa and only kept it on four weeks I found it a bit obnoxious. Stuck the standard exhaust back on - was miles more enjoyable. I found the drone from the Tegiwa awful at 60-70mph Car was sold a long time ago. Going on 4 years!
  12. JMR

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Nice motor Dotty (the BMW that is) I think I've seen your FK8 for sale at Vertu - I recognised the reg :cool:
  13. JMR

FK2 Valve Clearances

Left the car in the workshop overnight on Friday. Car was stone cold this morning Checked valve clearances - zero adjustment required :D They were all bang on. Swapped out the timing belt, water pump and aux belt this afternoon too. She's running like a dream now. :cool:
  14. JMR

EP3 JDM EP3 01-03 Type R Original Sales Brochure

No sorry I've got a few brochures, EP3 2005 and 2006, but nothing JDM. And the 2003 Range brochure with the UK Pre-facelift EP3 in as well as all the Jazz, Accords etc
  15. JMR

FK2 Valve Clearances

I do believe so. Just remember ideally drop the car off at the garage the night before or early in the morning if they're working on it later in the day. The engine wants to be stone cold before checking the valve clearance otherwise you might as well not check it. In the vast majority of...
  16. JMR

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

I'll start a thread on his car mate :)
  17. JMR

Nice work Ricki Speaker bits, LSD, wiper arms - all good mate :cool: You see SOOOOO many EP3's breaking now its nice to see one really being loved and looked after. I remember a few years back you tanking it past me on the Lincoln Bypass from Carholme roundabout hehe My lad has just bought...
  18. JMR

Finally own a Type R

That looks a cracking example Simon :cool: The creaky clutch pedal was something that was originally replaced under warranty iirc. My 08 plate GT certainly had been replaced. Worthwhile pushing the clutch pedal in while squirting some WD40 or graphite lube spray right up the cylinder...
  19. JMR

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

Yep they are aluminium. I had a similar problem, my lads test got cancelled and we needed to get out and about in the car (he had been insured on the CR-V but didn't want to be on the insurance anymore) So the mrs told me to put him on her Clio 200 for a few months til renewal. Cost me £100...
  20. JMR

Rear caliper for DC5

Just bought some remanufactured ones for the Civic. £33 each (plus £18 each which will be credited when I take the old calipers back to them)
  21. JMR

AutoGlyn Headlight lens restoration, anyone done it?

The AG headlight kit is really good. One layer of masking tape is probably enough, its all I did my lads Civic with last week, but on the ones in the detailing world thread I did a few weeks ago I did go belt and braces and put 2 or 3 layers of tape around it...
  22. JMR

ep3 original headlights

No worries. Is it the chrome inside parts that are badly corroded? Or just the UV coating on the plastic lenses that is gone ?
  23. JMR

ep3 original headlights

Just done a mates EP3 headlights with the Autoglym Kit and a mini polisher. Dry sand/wet sand/polish/protect. Easy job. If you're near the Notts/Lincs area I'd do them for you mate. Some pics in the thread below https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=421194
  24. JMR

FK8 Insurance ...

Admiral Multi Car policy. 30yr driving, no claims, protected Porsche, Clio 200, CRV EX £540
  25. JMR

Lovely work again mate :cool: Wheels look great - gotta love the shed for bit of painting :)
  26. JMR

Jesus. Nice work fella. Especially laid underneath it !! I still remember when you shot past me on the Lincoln Bypass a few years ago when I was in my silver FN2. Does your car still sound ridiculously good ? :D
  27. JMR

Great job of the underside Ricki !!! Amazing work. Don't tell me you undersealed all of it while it was on axle stands ???
  28. JMR

FK8 Hardwired dash cam Whats good to buy FK8

Yes mate you're right you'll need the permanent live to use Parking Mode
  29. JMR

FK8 Hardwired dash cam Whats good to buy FK8

I've got the Nextbase 312G in the CR-V. (Bought off Amazon) Velocity Base Electronics I think. £59 Records at 30fps in 1080p which in general is plenty enough for me. Night vision is very good, actually clearer than what you see in real life!! Fitted just to the left of the rear view...
  30. JMR

FK2 Wheel disc-hub refurb

Nice work Chloe !! Hammerite spray is just right for these parts. I bought brand new discs for the Clio 200 and the front Brembos were coated but the rear Pagids weren't. I put 3 or 4 coats on both as I remember. They still look fine a couple of years on. Good work whipping the discs off...
  31. JMR

Recommendation please Clay Bars

I always used to like Sonos SFX clay. I've got Bilt Hamber Clay in the garage at the moment. But since last spring, I've moved on to clay mitts. The Farecla G3 Clay Mitt is fantastic. The contact area is so much bigger than a block of clay that it makes the car much much easier and faster to...
  32. JMR

Wiper arms on my EP3

Did mine on the FN2 and the CRV https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?104133-JMR-s-Honda-5&p=1388625&viewfull=1#post1388625 17mm socket from memory, old wiper arm off, sand down, importantly clean with panel wipe, then 4 coats of Hammerite Satin Black
  33. JMR

30 day insurance

I just sold my old CR-V and bought a newer one. I needed the older CR-V to be insured for test drives etc, and because it was going to be parked at work. I asked my current insurer (Admiral) and they said they do an OVERLAP policy for a maximum of 30 days, meaning your old car and new car are...
  34. JMR

FK8 New Owner & Floor Mats

As far as I understood, the clips always used to come with the genuine Honda mats (as opposed to with the car) Ask your local dealer if the clips are included with the mats. Failing that I bet they might even have some spares that they'd let you have ???
  35. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Car now sold - Honda #6 incoming :D Pick it up tomorrow night.
  36. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Car is now FOR SALE !!! As I've just committed to buying a slightly newer CR-V which is the next shape up from this one. Looking for around £2000 for it. Honda CR-V 2.2 EX CTDi Nighthawk Black - Registered 27/04/06 175k miles Car is in daily use, so this may rise. MOT until...
  37. JMR

FN2 Can't Service My FN2!

I'd have got back in touch with the garage and asked the questions. As Loxy says, a lot of the time garages remove the whole under tray. Air filters are every 25k, technician may have checked mileage and just left it. I had a CR-Z from a dealer and very shortly after buying it I took out...
  38. JMR

2008 Honda Civic FN2 Type R

Agreed, the FN2 are actually a fair bit more comfortable than the Recaros. I think both the Corsa VXR and the Clio 197/200 use Recaro Sportster CS I know what you mean with the drop links. I figure I wont have my car before the 2 yr guarantee expires, so if they actually last until I sell it...
  39. JMR

2008 Honda Civic FN2 Type R

Nice looking car Montana :cool: I had a RS Clio 172, then an EP3, then a RS Clio 182 Cup, then a FN2, then a RS Clio 200 :D Yep the interior of the Civic is a class apart. Even compared to my 2012 RS 200 (Although the Recaros in the 200 are the business) Nice to hear you are enjoying...
  40. JMR

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

Ref the Hyundai I am as disappointed as the OP to hear of your woes and troubles/ quality issues I had this down on my shortlist as a "next car" Think I might go for a FK2 / FK8 instead. Just because it begins with a 'H' doesn't mean it's a HONDA. ;) :(
  41. JMR

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

Having worked at Toyota I was going to say the GT86 is a great car if a little underpowered from stock. Though being breathed on by Fensport - would be better ;) as above I used to drive a GT86 demo and it sounded amazing - totally not stock - but a proper head turner and attention catcher
  42. JMR

Vtec engagement

Wonder if he's disconnected something and not re-connected ? Does it pull to the red line but just not crossover at vtec ?
  43. JMR

New To The vtec World

Looks nice that mate - very nice. I also used to have a silver EP3, (and a silver FN2) Tyres - avoid Bridgestone too - no good at all in the colder weather. Michelins are at the higher end of the price range, but very very good.
  44. JMR

Vtec engagement

Sounds unusual, was it working fine before you had the fuel filter replaced ?? Oil level correct ?
  45. JMR

1991 Prelude 2.0 EX - help parts required - HELP FROM TRADERS / experts ?!!

Looks like my mate is all sorted on everything now. The rear caliper is back for being refurb'd with new seals and a new piston and looks brand new. He's managed to get hold of two timing belts from a place in Germany where the genuine part numbers matched up. Should have them in the next 10...
  46. JMR

Is this the same for a 2.0 mike? I thought it was a 1.8 originally but it is actually a 2.0
  47. JMR

Dream car at 18

Holy smoke :eek: God I insure the Porsche for £260 and the Clio RS200 for about the same. :lol: The benefit of being the wrong side of 40. Oh yeah and my 2.2 diesel CR-V costs me £123 lol When I was 18 I had a 4-speed manual Nissan Micra 1.0 - not a car to pull birds in I hasten to add...
  48. JMR

Dream car at 18

I had a satin silver EP3. And alabaster silver FN2 :cool:
  49. JMR

Dream car at 18

Go one then how much for your insurance Harry? Nice car btw. My son is 17 and a week after his birthday he did his CBT and bought a 67 plate Suzuki GSX-S125 in matt black. Lovely bike - £1003 insurance though fully comp with £500 xs. And we bought a bike thinking insurance would be loads...
  50. JMR

Everyone got their savings handy? Urban EV

This is going to be the first of the EV range, second will be an electric SUV and the third one will be the little MX5 sized 2 door coupe which looks great.
  51. JMR

Oh yeah and comically we managed to get hold of both new front calipers, but only the near side rear one - so we've had to send the old f/s one off to be refurbished.
  52. JMR

Mate at work has a 1991 Prelude 2.0 EX in Hampshire Green. Been really well looked after and I think he's had it about 14 years and only done a couple of thousand miles. :) I think it's on about 36k from new. Been garaged most of its life, certainly the last 14 years. He's wanting to get...
  53. JMR

Everyone got their savings handy? Urban EV

Looks a bit softer than the concept. Looks good though, and I think everyone who wowed at them knew the huge concept wheels would never make it to the production EV purely and simply down to drag and reduction in economy/range Thats how your Prius's meet the low carbon values and better...
  54. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Finally got #28 on my list sorted today Wet sanding the drivers headlight to remove the crazing and haze. :) That's everything on my list COMPLETE :D Happy days. Car could do with a wash tbh. I'll see what tomorrow is like and if I can be bothered :lol:
  55. JMR

The eFN2 (3rd Type R) (Vikki VTEC)

Cool. :cool: I just didn't get on with my Tegiwa. It stayed on for 4 weeks and then the original exhaust got put back on lol :lol: Nicely made piece of kit though tbh - pleased it ticks the boxes dude
  56. JMR

The eFN2 (3rd Type R) (Vikki VTEC)

Nice work smithy What do you think to the Tegiwa ???
  57. JMR

Loxy's Type R #6

Good work Loxy - patience has paid off They look alright :cool: And if they keep you on the grey stuff then thats what they're on for. Once they've done their job it's as you were. :)
  58. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D
  59. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Thanks Mark :) I bought it cos it was a bargain. I've thrown about £500 at it and its the car that goes anywhere and everywhere now. Plus I don't get too precious about where I park it. It doesn't garner attention like the Porsche or the yellow Clio, whether good or bad if you know what I...
  60. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Cheers Loxy Best part about being lazy updating the thread - I've been able to update everything in one go :) Just done it bit by bit over the last 6 weeks.
  61. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Just for clarification the Job List is all complete bar #28 :cool: 1 Vac and clean the whole of the inside of the car - under seats etc - DONE 2 Degrease all leather/seats/dash and apply Dr Leather - DONE 3 Leather paint to seat bolsters/ armrests - DONE 4 Leather paint steering wheel -...
  62. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

I've got one job left and thats to wet sand the drivers headlight :D I'm just waiting for a decent dry day to do it. The rest of the car is looking great now. I've turned it round from a shed into a genuinely respectable daily driver.
  63. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

The smoky smell was resolved within a week of having the car. We had a laugh in the workshop that it sounded like a steam train chugging along. Lifted the bonnet and tapping noise was coming from under the engine cover. It was a leaking injector seal pi55ing fuel out. 50p brass part, removed...
  64. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Only thing I still have to do on the list is 28 Wet sand and polish and protect drivers headlight
  65. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

I made a list early on of things to do. ...and that list grew pretty quickly once I got a bit attached to the car after I'd put some effort into making it look ok Things to do: 1 Vac and clean the whole of the inside of the car - under seats etc 2 Degrease all leather/seats/dash and apply Dr...
  66. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Next bit of the project that really let the car down was the front wipers and wiper arms. The arms were badly corroded, and the blades themselves were even rusty!! IMG_2140 by *JMR*, on Flickr IMG_2139 by *JMR*, on Flickr IMG_2141 by *JMR*, on Flickr IMG_2142 by *JMR*, on...
  67. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

A nice pic the mrs took while we were driving around in it Check out the mileage I love these round figure mileages. :) IMG_2130 by *JMR*, on Flickr
  68. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

I addressed the issue with rusty D-rings out of the boot. Got the dremel out and ground them back to bare steel, then applied 4 coats of hammerite satin black. IMG_2121 by *JMR*, on Flickr Stuck them in the oven for a bit to harden off while the mrs was out...sssshhhh ;) IMG_2122 by *JMR*...
  69. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Some more pics :) To say the paint had lost it's gloss would be an understatement. P1030756 by *JMR*, on Flickr Before shot in the sun P1030762 by *JMR*, on Flickr 50:50 before/after Left side untouched, right side machined P1030761 by *JMR*, on Flickr Drivers side...
  70. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Coming back to the smell, I initially had the smoky smell from the engine (more on this later) and an unusual, but not entirely unpleasant smell inside. ...after cleaning under the front seats, I found a Glade bathroom air freshener :o (don't know whether this had fallen out the previous owners...
  71. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

It probably looked ok until the sun hit it.... P1030754 by *JMR*, on Flickr That would be another days job. P1030755 by *JMR*, on Flickr How about this for a 'before' reflection shot :lol: P1030759 by *JMR*, on Flickr I was under no illusion that this was going to get sorted on a...
  72. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Interior cleaning process was mainly hoover then clean everything with BH Surfex HD at a strong dilution of 6:1 Leather was degreased and then painted the worn bits with LTT Auto Leather Recolour in standard black - a great product, made a nice job. Then leather all cleaned again with Dr...
  73. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Sit tight I've got some teaser pics of the inside coming up... Started 830am on Friday morning and finished 430pm Friday afternoon. The mrs helped me, she got stuck in moving the back seats up and out and cleaning all up under them, and she was armed with a bottle of BH Surfex HD and a few...
  74. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

And fast forward two weeks... I had my five remaining days off work so the first day was to go and collect the car. It was washed for me so it was reasonably presentable from the outside. But god when I opened the door :doublesho ... it was hanging inside :( It was filthy, the sort of...
  75. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

I'll try and update this as fast as poss and add pics so its all relevant :) October 2018 With the winter coming I really fancied trying to keep the 200 and the Porsche off the road. A mate of mine at work has a 2006 Honda CR-V 2.2 CTDi Executive with nearly 200k miles on it. His dad has...
  76. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Forgot to say I added the CR-V to the multicar insurance. Added the grand sum of £123 per year to the policy. :D I couldn't be bothered in shopping around at that price :lol:
  77. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Yeah but alongside a Porsche and a Liquid Yellow Clio RS200 it balances out ok I think ;) They can be stored away and come out on fair days only during the winter :cool:
  78. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Meh, I'm not fussy :lol:
  79. JMR

Loxy's Type R #6

Looks great Loxy and welcome back to the happy times of your (silver) FN2 :cool: However... Eek :smt119 Fun spending though, you'll have a cracking car thats properly useable and enjoyable. :D
  80. JMR

JMR's Honda #5

Picking Honda #5 up at the end of the month. Nothing too exciting, and I'm not trading in the Porsche :) Just something that can serve as a daily, with all round weather ability so I'm not worried about getting stuck in the winter. Looking forward to being able to use it as a means of...
  81. JMR

Alloy Wheel Contamination Removal.

Some degreaser, or all purpose cleaner, something like that. Shampoo will probably shift it if its strong enough. I'd get some on the shelf Trev, Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner, Bilt Hamber Surfex HD. Auto Finesse stuff is now stocked at Halfords, try Verso, for about £8.95...
  82. JMR

I'd imagine its tyre shine that they've drifted over the tyres and got some overspray on it or wiped the excess over the wheel surface.
  83. JMR

My FN2 service

Ah yeah sorry that does sound poor. Your miles away from my dealer. Have you tried TGM at Fleet ? Highly regarded independent https://www.tgmsport.co.uk
  84. JMR

My FN2 service

Tbh, I have never taken any of my Hondas anywhere else other than my nearest Honda dealer. Found them utterly reliable and trustworthy in 13 years and when I've asked they've always helped me on price if I thought it was initially expensive.
  85. JMR

FK8 Check your tyres properly on full lock

FK2 front and rear tyres are same size as my Porsche front tyres. I bought new tyres all round for the Porsche in Feb this year and went for the Porsche spec N2 Michelin Pilot Sports. Porsche spec generally means stiffer sidewall, but more importantly (for us all with nice wheels) a nice bit...
  86. JMR

fn2 civic type r a little too quiet

Try unsilenced centre section first. I fitted a silenced Tegiwa cat back to my FN2 and it was WAAAYYYYYY too loud for my liking. Only had it on a month, then took it back off and put the standard one back on. Unsilenced centre section should give you some volume with too much drone. Freeflow...
  87. JMR

PS I've got gloss black wheels on the Clio 200 and they look like yours before a clean, but look like new when they've been done with little effort. I also use Bilt Hamber Auto Wash shampoo, which has corrosion inhibitors in it. One teaspoon per bucket !! It goes a long way
  88. JMR

Talking of Bilt Hamber, suggest you try Bilt Hamber Atom Mac. Its a small bottle that you dilute around 5% in water and spray on the car wheels, underside etc. https://www.bilthamber.com/atom-mac-148 It dissolves any salt build up during the winter and adds a protective layer to metalwork etc...
  89. JMR

FN2 What's your MPG?

RS200 is really the mrs's car, I just get to drive it a lot :) Its a nice car, handles really well, looks great (Liquid Yellow) and has some poke. Not much in it performance wise vs the FN2 So two quick cars to choose from in a morning, can't lose
  90. JMR

FN2 What's your MPG?

My 2008 FN2 GT with 88k on (fresh service/filters) used to get 30-32mpg normal driving over a full tank. Just under 30 if combining with a couple of country blasts. Couldn't complain. I now have a Clio RS200 (non-turbo) and I have to nurse that to get 30-31mpg. Its not very economical at all...
  91. JMR

RickHondaR's FK8 Type R #4

Nice car (again) Rick :) Good work getting the hubs painted. I tend to see the front hubs looking good and lasting longer than the rear hubs on the FK2's, too early to see whats happening with the FK8's
  92. JMR

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Fair point, take it steady in these temps Chris There's going to be plenty of time to put it through its paces :D
  93. JMR

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

#9 is looking good Chris :cool: Great results with the tweaks and upgrades, cracking improvement with the exhaust all the way through the revs too.
  94. JMR

Service costs

That sounds alright that mate!
  95. JMR

EP3 Vtec fails at 8500rpm

Half the fun of having my EP3 and FN2 was habitually hitting the limiter just for a split second Every time I went out in it. 5 years of ownership and never had a problem, as long as the engines warm I say crack on :)
  96. JMR

FK8 New FK8 owner

I wouldn't worry about the 19mpg either. When these cars are started up and left running it has a massive effect on the first set of MPG figures. I wouldn't imagine it has been ragged at all, but warmed up before being moved from A to B I suppose if you had started up the car and done a steady...
  97. JMR

FK8 Deposit down!

Car is impressive in the metal. But big ! Length is where it stands out vs the older Type R's The interior is nice, as a drivers car. Seat bolsters are reasonably flexible as opposed to the stiffer ones on the FK2. Nice touches are the different driving modes now, Comfort, Sport, +R. The ride...
  98. JMR

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Extra fuel for way home :D
  99. JMR

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Sad times Spike :( Hope you get the Hondata sorted soon mate
Back