• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Good choices. Your on cutters aren’t you? Have a look on the g80 section and you’ll see mine I posted some photos today as just fitted some forged CSL wheels
  2. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

In a 2023 G82 M4 Comp now mate
  3. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Sold this around 6months ago
  4. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Aye that’s me!
  5. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Yes bud on cutters too Sadly the car has been put back to standard and sold :(
  6. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Recently purchased a full set of brand new carbon ceramic brakes to retrofit on to my car. So brakes all installed and had a full alignment done :) The brakes are totally insane stopping performance and its the little extras like no brake dust and rusting disc faces when it rains or you wash...
  7. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

No I’ve had no issues to be honest. Yet anyway lol
  8. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So a few quick photos of the new springs installation and showing my custom spacers. I must say i am totally made up with the finished result, the front isn't too low and ground clearance is absolutely fine. Ride is just as soft as it was in the softest setting but very very slightly firmer in...
  9. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Fitted the new wheel today, totally made up with it. Quality feels a massive step up from the previous one, i did like the original but it was pretty busy with lots of materials going on. Photos... Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by...
  10. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

They are spot on, don’t forget the Giulia has a super quick steering rack so when pressing on the paddles are always within reach without having to take your hand off the wheel. When low speed drifting etc like out of a junction I tend to set off in 2nd anyway so no need to change early enough...
  11. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Yes they are indeed :)
  12. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Woke up early this morning and decided another buy was needed :lol: Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr
  13. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Agreed
  14. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So since buying i've tried to convince myself that i didn't need the super rare Sparco carbon seats, they don't come up for sale often and are usually snatched up pretty much immediately. I even messaged a few people selling their cars asking if i could buy them and give them my standard seats...
  15. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

just got back after a 7-8hr round trip to collect the next upgrade for the car :) Curry and a beer needed as I’m knackered lol Totally stoked though as these are pretty rare to find, not bloody cheap though but hey the best things usually aren’t!
  16. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

I remember driving my S2k to Scotland at 65-70mph and it averaged 32mpg, I was totally stoked lol
  17. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Lovely colour :) Yeh sounds similar to what I used to get.
  18. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Yeh I have seen 40mpg too. I used to get around 35mpg in my M4
  19. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Thanks very much, yes it’s my daily and it’s been absolutely spot on to live with. I’ve had it over a year now and it’s been more reliable than most my other cars :)
  20. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So a few small updates on the Alfa. I recently took the family to Scotland for a weeks holiday, decided to use the Alfa and it was it an absolute delight to use, even the wife commented how great a car it was! Smooth, comfortable and averaged 38mpg on the long chilled drive there. Untitled by...
  21. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So as Celtic have just released it I had the gearbox mapped for faster shifts and higher clamping force. It was good before but even better now I also test drove a g80 M3, great car in many respects but much more things that I didn’t like than I thought and ultimately I prefer the Alfa by big...
  22. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Yeh seen that video, does look stunning doesn’t it. Tbf the Misano blue has that same depth when clean that’s why I love it. Too many red ones about! I’m in North Wales frequently (when not in lockdown) as we have a holiday home in conwy and a place we rent out that way too
  23. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

I looked at the same cars, but ultimately decided driving enjoyment was the most important factor and although the temptation of the 4wd M5 was hard to ignore I realised it would be too easy to just use it in that mode most of the time. To be honest it’s not as mad as it seems due to the superb...
  24. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So had a chance to drive the car in the dry today, pretty big improvement in performance! Apparently 610bhp 575ft lb, need to get it dyno’d at efi
  25. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Haha. All mapped now! Sadly couldn’t dyno it but certainly feels stronger! Full exhaust notice when in dynamic mode now too :)
  26. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

To be honest the exhaust won’t really benefit me really as I drive it in race mode
  27. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Celtic tuning, they’ve done other cars in the past and I was happy with them. They did my fk2 and it went really well! They state these gains BHP increase from 503 to 610 (107bhp increase) Ft lb I crease from 443 - 574 (131ft lb increase) They also open the exhaust valves fully in...
  28. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Ok so I couldn’t resist, booked in for a remap :)
  29. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

It feels really premium and high quality overall, sure there are a few cheaper plastics in places but there was on my top spec M4 too! Just journalists needing something to pick at in my opinion, you can find them in pretty much all cars
  30. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Cheers mate, yeh they are fantastic snd it’s good to have someone I trust :) Yeh he’s fantastic thankfully, I’m made up with the keys to be honest. I’d say these Goodyear’s are just as good as PS4s so worth a try Cheers man, yeh not a great start is it :lol: Tbf though I’ve had worse from...
  31. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Cheers guys :D Another quick update, when the car went in to have the new springs fitted the Alfa Romeo dealer managed to put a small scuff on the rear bumper :angry: To make matters worse they did the typical 'see if he notices trick' which i did the next morning. I called them and advised...
  32. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

In terms of is it doable as a retrofit I’d certainly imagine so, my M4 had them and before trading that car in I sold and retrofitted them to another chaps car (£4500 in my pocket for a days work) Discs, calipers, heat shields and brake servo needed to be swapped over on that car) I’ve not...
  33. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Cheers buddy.
  34. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Yes will be mine off cutters :) Fk2 was standard suspension buddy
  35. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Great pair! I was super tempted in keeping the fk2 to be honest :cool:
  36. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Awesome :)
  37. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Cheers guys Have you got one? :)
  38. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Thanks Trev :)
  39. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Cheers :) Fk2 is great car and very capable i lapped Oulton in 1.58 full circuit the damp :) Sadly though I must say fwd cars bore me a tad :(
  40. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Some of the previous cars i didn't put on here Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on...
  41. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Some photos... Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr Untitled by...
  42. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Decided to upgrade the tyres from the Pirelli Corsa's as they just don't work in the winter! Originally wanted Michelin PS4S but they currently don't make them in the size needed for the rear, so i went with the highly praised new release from Goodyear (F1 Supersport) Massively impressed with...
  43. b16a2vtiguy

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So after having a huge change in circumstances i'm finally able to move away from two compromised vehicles that wouldn't typically be my choice of car, especially at this stage in my life (Older, getting fatter and with child lol) However i am still car mad and a bit of a hooligan behind the...
  44. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Slightly better attempt at pics....
  45. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

It has the GT spoiler and canards, but no GT badge... Either way it's very nice :)
  46. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

i didn't even realise that when I bought the plate lol, a few friends pointed it out afterwards. Cheers mate, it was only a cheap one to be honest. Your mates one looks ace, I love the spoiler on it. Is it a genuine R8 GT? Big money those things! Thanks man, I'll try my best but the current...
  47. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

It was a dry day today so I gave it a good wash and took a few pics. I also fitted my upgraded LED bulbs on the interior and reg plate lights from powerboy on here, great service :thumbsup: It always amazes me how a few finishing touches can make a car feel so modern and fresh! Anyway...
  48. b16a2vtiguy

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

You've got more pictures up of the new motor than I have and I got mine before you lol! I'll have to pull my finger out!
  49. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Washed, tracker fitted and new plates on :-)
  50. b16a2vtiguy

Loxy's Estoril Blue F20 M135i LCI - Another car that never was

Great choice mate, they are a very capable car as I'm sure you already know
  51. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

No offence taken at all, each to their own and all that. As I said, I wasn't the R8's biggest fan when it was first launched but I think it's aged so well. It wasn't until I got up close and personal with one that I realised how much I liked them. Same goes for the colour combo, I had white with...
  52. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

I wish that was me! I'm only 30 so no chance of that!
  53. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

It's ok yeh, could always do with more though! Its got 35k miles on it, saw plenty of cars with less mileage but they were tatty and low spec.
  54. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Cheers mate, just a Technical engineer (gas man)
  55. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Bought a private plate on the 14th, it's ready to go on the car already! 2day turn around! Fair play to DVLA! :)
  56. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Thanks buddy, I can't use my van out of work hours so it needed to be something I can go for a long weekend away etc in. Thanks mate, yeh it really is a ace car so I'd recommend it despite my brief ownership. Certainly try a M3 though too, cracking car! yeh had to be a manual! The r tronic...
  57. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Cheers guys, why surprised Loxy?
  58. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Thanks, that was what surprised me more than anything. How different it was in person! I might even go custom with exhaust as they all have R8 tax on the prices :( Cheers, yeh you can get high miler tatty ones for £40k now!
  59. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

So yeh here it is, my new car. I thought long and hard about which car to get next, but ultimately I decided it needed to feel special and have a sense of occasion when driving it as its only a weekend toy for me. When spending this sort of money on a car there is lot of choice, but being a...
  60. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Got my new car! Will post up details ASAP!
  61. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Haha! It's been like three weeks! Thought I was doing quite well :lol:
  62. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's E92 M3 coupe evolve stage 2

Cheers I sold it a few weeks back! yeh the 1000 is a k5 :)
  63. b16a2vtiguy

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Just marking a place! :D It's killing me not having a car!
  64. b16a2vtiguy

I would try to keep up with him lol! Impossible task that!
  65. b16a2vtiguy

Well I'm not sure yet, looking at a few cars but have one as my favourite. I'm keeping my mouth shut until I get it, but it won't be anytime soon unfortunately as work and other commitments will get in the way.
  66. b16a2vtiguy

Car now SOLD
  67. b16a2vtiguy

Lol well some of it was real, but there was a car next to it before the photoshop.
  68. b16a2vtiguy

Somebody just sent me this from the Haigh Hall show I attended, so I thought I'd post it up too!
  69. b16a2vtiguy

A few more from cars and coffee
  70. b16a2vtiguy

Haha cheers dude! New RS4- played twice from stand still in the dry. I didn't use launch control, just floored it in. Both times the M3 was noticeably quicker by a few car lengths. The owner seemed like a top bloke, commented on mine "Pulls like a train" :D Standard comp pack M3- This is my...
  71. b16a2vtiguy

Cars and coffee meet today Had a mega day, including a play with a new Audi RS4, standard comp pack e92 M3 and Lamborghin Hurican.
  72. b16a2vtiguy

Loxy's Type R #4

I was asked what I thought of it over on the M3 forum, so I'll copy and paste it here! Interior: Plastic fantastic although much better than the previous cars . Seats where lovely and supportive, great driving position and pedals where great for heel and toeing. Good level of standard trim...
  73. b16a2vtiguy

Loxy's Type R #4

I drove one Saturday!
  74. b16a2vtiguy

Yeh they get great reviews! I had issues getting my stage 2 map on the car too. Might just be me being unlucky though. Comp pack settings are a big improvement, I just need to see if the rear lights are sorted now (can't see my brake lights whilst driving)
  75. b16a2vtiguy

So I had a long drive to Glasgow and back today to see Ian (alpina527) to get some bits and bobs done. -EDC Comp pack settings -DCT GTS software (already done by evolve, but I had my doubts as it still didn't seem right) -Brake light flashing and no fog lights illuminating (same as all...
  76. b16a2vtiguy

Cheers guys, I wasn't 100% sure at first but glad I did them now!
  77. b16a2vtiguy

I used the custom headrest mount I made (pg19) but this was it finished and painted in black
  78. b16a2vtiguy

So as I said I kurbed my front wheel slightly on the euro tunnel train and the wheels needed refurbing, so I had them powdercoated satin black (like the oem gts wheels) Results....
  79. b16a2vtiguy

yeh it was mega, there where loads of Cayman GT4's about too! you must, you really MUST!!
  80. b16a2vtiguy

A few more pics
  81. b16a2vtiguy

:D epic isn't it
  82. b16a2vtiguy

The new GT3 RS!
  83. b16a2vtiguy

Just thought i'd post some pics of my nurburgring trip last week and some of the cars/things i spotted at and around the ring :) My car averaged 21.2mpg for the whole Journey, i covered 1625 miles in the week as i drove down to folkstone to get the train and we went for days out to various...
  84. b16a2vtiguy

Loxy's Type R #4

Looking good mate, really like the mugen kit :cool:
  85. b16a2vtiguy

Haha cheers mate, it really is pretty dirty!
  86. b16a2vtiguy

Yeh that was me, I was trying to buy a Xbox one with forza 5 but no where had it in stock :( Mrs was with me but wasn't driving it, she's not driven it yet! She only drive the Porsche the day I sold it! Excuse the dirty car, I'm going to give it a proper clean next week before I go the ring.
  87. b16a2vtiguy

Thanks buddy :D They most certainly won't be going black :cool:
  88. b16a2vtiguy

I'm not sure to be honest, want a diffuser but not 100% on which one yet! As I'm going to the ring in 10 days I thought I'd make a cheap camera mount. I just thought I'd share incase it will help anybody else. I wanted to have it central in the car next to the driver, so I decided on a...
  89. b16a2vtiguy

Yeh I'd probably say the best car to be honest, it's just the best compromise. Its like Jekyll and Hyde, soft/smooth/comfortable and refined with all the mod cons, then you hit the M button and it's fast/fun/poised/balanced/sounds immense. Its sensible enough but still has that sense of...
  90. b16a2vtiguy

I had my bonnet vents and exhaust tips done black today, so here's a few better pics of the exhaust and vents done. The car isn't clean but you get the idea!
  91. b16a2vtiguy

Mikey81's - 2008 S2000

I did many track days in my s2000 on semi slicks (R888 and A048 ) and I had no issues so you should be fine without to be honest. I wasn't hanging around either so might be worth saving your money buddy. If you do a YouTube search for 'Stephen longy' I have a few videos up of them if it's of...
  92. b16a2vtiguy

Definitely, I think you can add them as extras but you have to buy them and remove the originals. The 'edition' cars come with those black and the tailpipes black too
  93. b16a2vtiguy

Thanks lads :D Another small package arrived today, only something small but I hated the chrome so it had been on the to do list! I did consider wrapping the Oem ones black but I preferred new items. SSDD wing vents in black. Assembled Fitted I'm still trying to sort the...
  94. b16a2vtiguy

Yeh depending on the x-pipe (cat-less/silencer-less) it will sound pretty much the same
  95. b16a2vtiguy

It sounds mega with the pre cats removed and remapped! I really need to get a proper sound clip!
  96. b16a2vtiguy

Well I was bored today so I went for a little drive, found a decent place for a few pictures and thought I'd give my iPhone 6 camera a go. Had a little go at some editing too :cool:
  97. b16a2vtiguy

Today I've been around the Evo triangle and was grinning from ear to ear. Some pics from today
  98. b16a2vtiguy

Loxy's Type R #4

Can't you just use a universal cable nipple? Can get them on eBay etc easy enough. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161637903985 Even if it's not long enough you could get a bit of bike cable and joint it to give the correct length.
Back