• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Clay99

EP3 Gear Box Issue

Tonight on my way back from the gym came off a roundabout and went to snatch 3rd (was giving it beans and car was @ temp) there was a crunch as if I had missed the gear and now 1st, 3rd & 5th feel vauge to sellect but can sellect them all when I push on in the vtec sellecting them is alot harder...
  2. Clay99

Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

Its not that its the fact that people over charge you the privilege of owning the filter thats all I paid £450 for a Gruppe M 4 3/4 years ago which was ok but you still see them for that money now thats all I'm saying.... The fact is you can buy the Tegiwa M filter NEW £350 delivered...... So...
  3. Clay99

Easy really its been fitted to more than 3 or 4 cars so its been pimped out.
  4. Clay99

Tegiwa kit is class I had the Gruppe M on my first EP3 and sold it with the car (mistake) but refused to pay Gruppe M money they preform the same the noise is the same the build quality is the same and the best thing is you can have more money left in you pocket to spend on other modulations for...
  5. Clay99

Any Good?

Thanks Suits I will avoid hahaha I will keep looking for a good one there is a toda mani on ebay £300 starting bid will keep my eye on that but I would need the JDM anit-roll bar wouldnt I...... O well the costs keep climbing haha
  6. Clay99

Any Good?

Just came across this whilst looking for a mani for my EP3 CTR he's open to offers to split just the mani was wondering if, (a) Has anyone heard of the make TUNER?:confused: (b) Is it any good? (c) If it is ok what should I offer for just the mani? LINK BELOW...
  7. Clay99

Wheels! What colour

Check out this guy in the swop section b16a2vtiguy he's after swopping some wheels in the colour your looking for. If thats of any help.
  8. Clay99

Back box or full system??

Always get a full system. Buddy Club, Spoon, HKS etc its all about how much of your hard earned dolla your willing to part with. Decide on a figure and that will help you make up your mind I've always liked the Buddy Club & HKS and am looking to get a HKS in afew months.
  9. Clay99

K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

I had one on mine for abit good noise power gain was ok too. But in the end I saw the light and got myself a Gruppe M (expencive but worth every penny and it look bling too)
  10. Clay99

Gruppe M

Welcome to the darkside :twisted:
  11. Clay99

Feeling sluggish

Since having an engine rattle (bottom end) I've had the bottom end rebuilt and now the car doesn't feel as quick as it was before and I cannot think of any reason for this any ideas?. Also I was wondering if anyone has a problem hitting 2nd gear when you try for a quick gear change afew people I...
  12. Clay99

Good guide, but I have a question

I agree with this statement.
  13. Clay99

What induction kit to get for the ep3

Gruppe M is the daddy. But dont think it's the only kit I know a few people who run the AEM CAI and love them. So really its all about £'s at the end of the day AEM CAI is saving alot of money over the Gruppe M. Hope this helps.
  14. Clay99

Oil questions and recommendations here

What oil should be used in a CTR ep3 2002 with 90k on the clock?
  15. Clay99

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Got mine today thanks mook
  16. Clay99

New look forum graphics

Got mine today thanks mook
  17. Clay99

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

I'll take a pair of the new style graphics please. Sending payment over now.
  18. Clay99

New look forum graphics

I'll take a pair of the new style graphics please. Sending payment over now.
  19. Clay99

HKS Induction kit or ........

I had the Hondata mod no my CTR before I got a Gruppe M :cool: I was using a standard filter and it felt better when in VTEC with a uprated filter would of felt much better so I would go for that for now until you can find a cheap Gruppe M turst me you will love it, I know I do :D
  20. Clay99

Houston I have a problem!!!!

Thanks Jermal spelling was never a strong point of mine.... NFN-CTR, I had the drive shaft heat sheild done at the sametime :( Could it be anything to do with the cam chain or am I just wishing far too much. If it does turn out to be something BAD looks like I'll be fitting a stroker...
  21. Clay99

Houston I have a problem!!!!

My 2002 CTR EP3 has developed a rattle :( it started tonight. It happens around 2800-3500 RPM whilst either driving or free reving. Its not either of the heat sheilds or the plactic covers as the heat sheilds have been tightend up last saturday and i had a friend hold the plastic covers. I'm...
  22. Clay99

Wishbones EP3

As per title wishbone bushes are starting to crack is it best to replace the bottom arms or just change the bushes if this can be done?
  23. Clay99

Which magnex?

Go with the twin mate keep the standard look thats what I've done on mine sounds quite nice in VTEC
  24. Clay99

Spoon B-Pipe or Supersprint centre?

Does the same guy have anymore good stuff he wants rid of cheap hahaha
  25. Clay99

Gruppe M Scoop Question

So its just a case of sand it and try it till i get it right.
  26. Clay99

Gruppe M Scoop Question

The scuttle panel is a DIY one.
  27. Clay99

Gruppe M Scoop Question

Is that the only way??
  28. Clay99

Gruppe M Scoop Question

Just aquired a Gruppe M well chuffed many thanks to rossy t. Having fitted it today I have found that I need to remove the scoop every time I would wish to open the bonnet. Is it possible to shave the scoop down to make the bonnet open? Also how would I go about re-laquering the scoop after I...
  29. Clay99

Petrol prices in your area

95.9 standard 98.9 v-power
  30. Clay99

How to??

Was wondering if there was a how to guide on how to remove/replace the driver's cup holder on the ep3 (the one under the air vent)? Mine needs replacing but can't figure how to strip it back?
  31. Clay99

My 2002 Civic Type R

Been on here a while now thought it was about time I put up some pic's for you all to see and pass judgment on (please be kind) hahaha
  32. Clay99

Rear Tie Bar

Am wanting to buy one of the above but have only found the crap one thats on the ebay. Was wondering which ones are good prices and where to get them from. Also would like it to look good have seen the DC ones fitted and they look cool but was told that they had stopped being made was told this...
  33. Clay99

How to buy Gruppe m with discount

Alright how much is one delivered to the uk incl vat etc price in GBP please.:)
  34. Clay99

help on induction kit

My mate has one of these fitted on his ep3 and he's happy with the performance gains and it does not make much more noise that the standard air box have a look and see what you think its not on very much money at the moment either. Failing that the AEM CAI is also for sale on ebay £178 + £8 P&P...
  35. Clay99

i need a induction hose for a gruppe m

Also have a look on ebay there is always loads on there.
  36. Clay99

aem, aem v2 or injen??

Hahaha people really buy crap like that?????? mmmmm sexy I want one:lol:
  37. Clay99

aem, aem v2 or injen??

Out of the 3 I would go with the AEM CAI its the only one which is away from the engine that will get any cold air due to its location in the front bumper and its sounds nice too!!
  38. Clay99

Making her look Sparkly

I use the Jewelultar Diamondbrite kit on my car both inside and out the car always looks mint!
  39. Clay99

APEXi V-AFC2 Vtec controller

I'll save the money and put it towards something else then thanks
  40. Clay99

I'll check that thanks mate!!
  41. Clay99

Been looking at getting one of these for my CTR EP3 was just after some advice. Also how easy are they to fit? I found it easy to fit the AVCR into my other car was kind of thinking that this would be just as easy:confused:
  42. Clay99

Help Spoon ETD

Thanks I was thinking it might have some form of fluid in it that I might of needed to refill so it dont sound to bad. Thanks peeps :D
  43. Clay99

Help Spoon ETD

Got a spoon ETD fitted to my EP3 type r the bottom of it has unscrewed its self is it an easy fix or is it F***ed:confused: Have taken a pic to show what I mean. Thanks for looking hope there is something that can be don for it.
  44. Clay99

Info Please

Looked at the ITG kit its over £350 altho does look nice but have not seen it fitted to a car. Do you have a picture?
  45. Clay99

Info Please

That's what I was thinking as much as I want a gruppe m I just dont see one coming up for sale in the near future :( Even tho I do have good home waiting for one HINT HINT SELL SELL.
  46. Clay99

Info Please

hahaha feel a right tit now sorry!!! does anyone know of one coming up second hand?
  47. Clay99

Info Please

Silly question time but what is a FTMFW? :confused: :confused:
  48. Clay99

Info Please

Having been looking around at prices of induction kits I have decided that: Gruppe M is far too over priced @ £800+ (good kit but not £800 good) So now this leaves me with the ARC £349 or AEM CAI (the puddle dodging one) having found reviews on various forums saying the AEM CAI is good and...
  49. Clay99

Where to buy an ARC indution box from?

As per title really. Cant find a price for one from anyone newra dont list a price on the web page and after I sent an e-mail asking for a price all's I got back was a no reply e-mail not very helpful.... Cant see the item listed on the vtec direct web page either :(
  50. Clay99

Hondata Air Box Mod

I havnt seen any differance from when it was standard to be honest I'm still getting 50-60 miles out of £10 worth of petrol :D .
  51. Clay99

Hondata Air Box Mod

Have just done this mod to my air box works quite well does feel better when in v-tech, pulls stronger just need to get a better filter in the box now. When compaired to the K&N Typhoon that I had on the car in my opinon the Hondata mod feel's much better with alot less noise (but I did like...
  52. Clay99

Where to buy gruppe M

So how much will this be from you:confused:
  53. Clay99

Exhaust manifold

As per title been looking at a DC soprt manifold found one for 299+vat from unit-8.co.uk is this a good price? Or is there somewhere cheaper to find one? Failing that are there any for sale on here that anyone knows about? Clay:smt047
  54. Clay99

Wanting to supercharge an EP3

Not got that much money mate.........
  55. Clay99

Is this any good?

I have a k&n typhoon a went to an rr meet with the fiat coupe boys and decided to run the civic as the coupe is off the road at the moment and it pulled 202.9bhp which is a gain on stock power but the unit was very warm after all the turboed coupes had been on (even with the 4ft fan) not that it...
  56. Clay99

Wanting to supercharge an EP3

Need some advice of things that would need doing before i just go mad a bolt on a supercharger. Also what kits are good and which kits are s**t (pardon my french) :confused: Thanks Clay
  57. Clay99

Cheap High Quality EP3 Exhaust Manifold

Can i also have a price for this.
  58. Clay99

Is this any good?

I like!!! Where can i get one and how much??? Or is anyone selling one ;)
  59. Clay99

Is this any good?

The AEM V2 is just like the K&N Typhoon that I already have fitted on the car. What does the ARC kit look like? Saw a Gruppe M on e-bay today going for £460 so far Think that a little rich for my blood at the moment (altho I do REALLY want one):cool:
  60. Clay99

Is this any good?

Gonna sound thick now but what is a CAI kit:confused:
  61. Clay99

Is this any good?

Blitz Filter un-sure which one but this is the ebay item number 170276936897, Was just wondering what it would be like compaired the the k&n typhoon kit i have at the moment which is an open filter :(
  62. Clay99

Fuel Gauge Problem

ok thanks think the more I think about the more it sounds ok.
  63. Clay99

Fuel Gauge Problem

Has anyone had a problem with their fuel gauge randomly jumping from half a tank to a full tank. another thing is that i filled my tank up the other week and had done over 200 miles in the car then i went to the petrol station and put in another 20 pounds drove for another 60-70 miles went to...
  64. Clay99

h4 hids help

just got a set of h4 hids 4 my ctr ep3 on the wiring harness there is a plug that looks like the back of a h4 bulb but there is only one of them do i just plug it in and cover the other one up? clay
  65. Clay99

V-tec controllers

Think I will not be getting one of those then dont want to kill my car think I would cry!!
  66. Clay99

V-tec controllers

Are they any good and are they worth the money? If so which one is best? Only have a exhaust and filter at the moment :( clay
  67. Clay99

Engine earth kit

Ok looks like I'll think about getting one but where is the best place to get one from? I have seen these kits on ebay but are they any good?
  68. Clay99

Engine earth kit

Is it worth getting one from some pictures I've seen it does look good but does it actully do anything? As I'm new to the Type-r I feel like I'm asking silly questions but on alot of jap cars I have seen people improving the earth leads a few friends have done it on there cars (300zx tt, gto tt)...
  69. Clay99

Another HID question

Yeah pre-facelifts only have the one bulb which has both dip & main beams in it.
  70. Clay99

Another HID question

Just got a ctr ep3 pre facelift (02 plate) want to put HID's on it but on the pre facelift the dip & main beam are in the one bulb so if i was to fit HID's where would the main beam come from?? Or am I being stupid and would have to put its back to standard @ MOT time :rolleyes:
Back