• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. TypeGRRR

Not a Type R but race car!

Doddle has hit the nail on the head, a C4 is a close second to a C6 at 25% the cost! Even with 170hp that will be a rather noticeable increase of power over a D14! :p
  2. TypeGRRR

Not a Type R but race car!

Good luck with the project. If you're doing this on a budget I wouldn't bother with the C6, you'd be better off with a C4 and some cams (save on the Type R tax).
  3. TypeGRRR

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Hi Sun! You're welcome
  4. TypeGRRR

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

The final spec was: BLOCK Block B18C4, with new liners over-bored to 81.5mm Nippon Cast High Comp Pistons (EK9 spec) Polished ITR crank OEM ITR Rods New ACL Race bearings New OEM Honda Oil Pump Fully balanced assembly HEAD B18C4 Head Hot tanked, cleaned and skimmed New Valve...
  5. TypeGRRR

Loxy's Type R #4

Nice shiny parts John. :)
  6. TypeGRRR

No that’s an optional ‘Sports Grille’, see here It’s actually part of the Dynamic Plus Pack my car has been specced with. I like it. :)
  7. TypeGRRR

Cheers guys. :) It's a 2011 GT, lots of toys and extras... Great car which doesn't quite live up to the mpg claims... Still mega cheap to run though £20 tax, £190 insurance and 40+mpg.
  8. TypeGRRR

Yep, thank f&%! This is my new daily... keeping it Honda.
  9. TypeGRRR

2014 Update: A lot of sitting around, an ignition fault and a dyno figure… Not much exciting happened last year, after I dropped the car off at the beginning of April to have the engine/gearbox/tuning completed, it sat there a very long time before I got it back… the best part of 6 months...
  10. TypeGRRR

Honda CR-Z to make comeback with 280bhp Type-R engine

I also now have a CR-Z GT, which is far from a drivers car. It does however offer bags of comfort, and costs very little to run (£20 tax, £190 insurance and 45~60MPG). I like the thought of a powerful CR-Z, but I'll believe it once Honda has announced it's production. I remember getting excited...
  11. TypeGRRR

Honda CR-Z to make comeback with 280bhp Type-R engine

The Type R badge was born with the NSX in '92. Mk2 CRXs ceased production beforehand. The Mk3 (or del slo) was a fat posers car and certainly didn't deserve an R badge. Both Mk2 and Mk3 CR-X's had a UK VT(i) and a Japanese siR version which were considered the most driver focussed variants. The...
  12. TypeGRRR

FK2 FK2 general discussion

And some pics...
  13. TypeGRRR

Straight from Honda: And on the video... Oh and hi everyone! :)
  14. TypeGRRR

Think that's a hoax, it's certainly not on their twitter feed.
  15. TypeGRRR

I knew there was a reason! :lol: I received the final bits through for my engine/gearbox swap; Innovative engine/gearbox mounts and some Spoon magnetic drain plugs. Also after some high speed wobble on my last dyno run (2011), I decided to get some RAYS spigot rings for my TE37s, in case it...
  16. TypeGRRR

I took the car for it's MOT today and it passed with just a couple of advisories. :) It was fantastic to get behind the wheel again after 19 months! It drove excellently and I actually forgot how fast it was, it made me wonder why I'm going through the trouble and expense of an engine swap...
  17. TypeGRRR

6 hours... :/
  18. TypeGRRR

I can see why, I usually get satisfaction cleaning stuff up, not this though, hated every minute! I used several scourers and a cocktail of degreasants I had lying about, but predominately Gunk Engine Foam. I was told I could use oven cleaner, but I wasn't brave enough to try!
  19. TypeGRRR

Several Chris, primarily the fact it has an LSD and quite a few options if I wanted to upgrade in the future. It also has closer ratios, with a much much shorter 3rd and 4th than the original Y2 box. It also means I get to run later (hydro) drive shafts, this is a real bonus as CRX drive shafts...
  20. TypeGRRR

I bought an S80 gearbox a few weeks ago, I've only just had a chance to clean it up (what an absolute pig of a job). I will probably spend few more hours on it if I get a chance. Here's the fruits of my labour...
  21. TypeGRRR

A few more bits for the collection... A Hondata S300 And a Todaegiwa 4-2-1 Manifold
  22. TypeGRRR

Cheers! No there's quite few other bits I have/still need... S80 gearbox, hydro intermediate shaft, cable to hydro clutch conversion parts, Innovative engine and gearbox mounts, Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold, Hondata S300 ECU and a few other little bits and pieces. I'm taking it to Daz (DNR/Endless...
  23. TypeGRRR

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

I've recently bought the Toda rep B series manifold from Tegiwa, the quality looks fantastic. I suppose time will tell whether it's as good as it looks though.
  24. TypeGRRR

Today I was like a 10 year old on Christmas morning. :D YES!
  25. TypeGRRR

My S15

I'm not sure of your fitment/size, but there's some Advan AVS' on Ebay for £750 'buy it now'. Just saying cheap 'genuine' wheels are available. ;)...
  26. TypeGRRR

My S15

It's a definitely, maybe and just no on the 3 sets of wheels above. Surely you can get some decent second-hand wheels for a reasonable price?
  27. TypeGRRR

It's not really a displacement exercise, it's more to get the bores perfectly true and honed again. Displacement will go up fractionally from 1,797cc to a whopping 1,820cc :lol: If you're referring the the Mitsubishi, it's the biggest POS I've ever bought. Since I've had it, I've had so many...
  28. TypeGRRR

Anyone remember me, this car? :lol: Well I have a cool update. I've purchased a new heart for it, a high compression B18! The engine has just been freshly built, so it should last a few thousand miles... :) The specs are as follows: BLOCK • Block B18C4, with new liners over-bored to 81.5mm •...
  29. TypeGRRR

The pessimist in me, tells me the VTEC will be for economy and not for performance.
  30. TypeGRRR

Observe. My 1996 Honda S-MX Lowdown. YES.

Ignoring the fact this thing is too tall and narrow, I think it looks great, especially the drivers side. :cool: The ATR wheels are an improvement, the steering wheel cover, glowing dildo and lights are not. Stop wasting your money on toot and buy a B16 head and a p72 auto ecu! ;)
  31. TypeGRRR

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Nice car John! :D I just read the entire thread and was nodding away in agreement every time someone mentioned the need for a BGW, until I got to your post with the cost break down... sod that, map and and exhaust it is! Did you run your car at the Pod, how'd it go? Oh and get some more pics...
  32. TypeGRRR

I'm liking what I've seen so far, I don't think that last picture is particularly flattering given the high pov and wide angle shot, but it's definitely got potential. Also, I'm loving Honda's intentions on making this the quickest fwd. :cool:
  33. TypeGRRR

DC2 DB8 DC5 Anyone know this dc5?

I'm fairly certain that it wasn't 'recorded' damage so I wouldn't be suprised if the garage knew nothing about it. As I said it was fairly minor damage, it's not a bad car, just overpriced. And I'm in no doubt that both Ross and Adam would of maintained and serviced it to a high standard.
  34. TypeGRRR

I think some sort of rear suspension damage and rear quarter damage (I forget which side).
  35. TypeGRRR

It's by no means a bad car, but it's certainly overpriced by at least 1k imo.
  36. TypeGRRR

Not trying to disrepect Ross, but I think it had more to do with the nut behind the wheel. I'm sure he had it down at TGM for eibachs and a full geo setup and Tom gave it a clean bill of health.
  37. TypeGRRR

It was imported along with my DC5 back in early 2008 by 200bhp cars (a reputable importer). It was owned by a chap called Ross from Lowerstoft (Ross CWDC5 or Ross M (I believe) on the itr-dc5 forum) , I believe he had a minor accident in it, but it was fixed to a high standard. Then a chap...
  38. TypeGRRR

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

Looking good in the new pictures Darren. :cool:
  39. TypeGRRR

Keys inside car!! No spare!!

^This is a lie. :lol: Ring an auto locksmith and try not do it again. Have you not got a spare?
  40. TypeGRRR

Human verification images....SO ANNOYING.

8 attempts at guessing words you could not read properly, use the above method until you can clearly read all of the characters in both words, saves time and frustration. ;)
  41. TypeGRRR

Human verification images....SO ANNOYING.

reCAPTCHA is a very common preventative measure against spam. If you're having trouble reading the words, just keep clicking the refresh symbol alongside the box where you type, you don't have to click it many times to get a fairly clear pair of words. C-
  42. TypeGRRR

Rattling rattling rattling... Please help if anyone has had a similar problem

Sounds as though the wheel is loose. Can you wiggle it back and forth?
  43. TypeGRRR

My Evo X SST FQ300

^This. There's some nice looking low mileage facelifts on Pistonheads... Advert 1 Advert 2 (needs different wheels) Money saved could go towards some nice mods too... ;)
  44. TypeGRRR

My Evo X SST FQ300

Are they not the same sort of money Mark? Or is it a case of you can't be without a car?
  45. TypeGRRR

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

That's shiz Karl, sorry to see this fella. :( I hope it's gets sorted swiftly, without too many headaches!
  46. TypeGRRR

Adrian Flux Insurance

Very unhappy with Adrian Flux at the moment, will post more once I've calmed down.
  47. TypeGRRR

K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool. Copy the link top right of your actual post, by right clicking the #1,234 number. :)
  48. TypeGRRR

K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool. Or you could do away with the page numbers altogether and just link the contents to the relevant post. ;)
  49. TypeGRRR

My Evo X SST FQ300

Lovely Mark, terrible pictures mind. :lol:
  50. TypeGRRR

All washed, polished, glazed and waxed for the Pod meet at the weekend. :cool:
  51. TypeGRRR

Oil questions and recommendations here

I see you're online Simon/Tim. :D What oil would you recommend for a very high mileage (270k), Volvo V70 2.5 petrol? I don't want to spend lots of money as the car will be scrapped in a couple of months, but would like to change the oil before I set off on a very long adventure! Do you sell...
  52. TypeGRRR

Greeting from Canada (S4HEI's J's Panda)

That looks fantastic, very purposeful! The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the front grille... perhaps a red H would finish it off. ;)
  53. TypeGRRR

Newbie just saying hey

Welcome along James. :D
  54. TypeGRRR

I've just seen this image posted up on another site, I'm not sure of the source of the image.
  55. TypeGRRR

Last July... ;)
  56. TypeGRRR

photobucket

Done for you. ;)
  57. TypeGRRR

AJ from 6TWO1.com has just uploaded my Total feature along with all the pictures he took from the day. I've copied it all below, but if the picture links break, have a look here. Total Honda Magazine came to me and asked if I could get a feature ready of a CRX. Of course I could & I knew...
  58. TypeGRRR

my 2006 dc5 R

I love the new pictures, great photography, the car's pretty nice too. ;)
  59. TypeGRRR

ITG Vs TEG M/ 6bhp down but better?

I've overlaid the graphs to help the comparison (red line your car). The biggest difference I see in the chart is the VTEC crossover, everything else looks similar until high revs where the GM design comes into its own. But as Loxy says, two different cars, so are not truly comparable...
  60. TypeGRRR

my CW 96spec teg build - dslr pics added

Look into USDM optional side skirts, I think they'd suit your car perfectly. The rear spats look quite cool too. ;) Here's a quick pic:
  61. TypeGRRR

FN2 Noob seat question

Some versions of the EP3 came with Recaros, as well as the much older Civic (EK9). To my knowledge all FN2 seats are the same, which are not Recaros. Check out Allen's link as they state that they are specifically for the FN2.
  62. TypeGRRR

FN2 Noob seat question

As far as I'm aware, no FN2 came with Recaros.
  63. TypeGRRR

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

What setup do you expect to run at the TRO Santa Pod meet? Slicks, more power etc?
  64. TypeGRRR

Check out 'Dave C' on the itr forum Carl. ;)
  65. TypeGRRR

TypeRiter's DC5

What happened to the 3G?
  66. TypeGRRR

seat cleaning product

As above, a microfibre cloth will be ideal.
  67. TypeGRRR

Just looked at the results from the 16th again, what's Stefan Buckley up to in his EP3, that seems very slow even for a stock car...
  68. TypeGRRR

Great going Tom! :cool: With all these drag runs you're doing, it better last until August..! :lol:
  69. TypeGRRR

Fools Daily: Mk2 1.8 MX-5

Optimum angle for those ****s, is drive in the middle of the road, giving way to oncoming traffic if need be, I have no other option in mine...
  70. TypeGRRR

I know what you're saying about the leather, but I do like the OEM look, just not the support they give, nor the creaking noise they make when you bury it into a corner. Here's what the original seats look like (these aren't mine).
  71. TypeGRRR

Hence the :rolleyes: The seats were cheap in the first place, is my only excuse... Here's a quick mock up of how they'd look.
  72. TypeGRRR

Slowly… I've test fitted one of them (passenger side), I'm running it in the car at the moment, and I've left it in, as the old one was squeaking/rattling so much, it was driving me insane. If I'm honest, they're a little lighter in colour than I had hoped for, they're kind of a mid grey colour...
  73. TypeGRRR

Finally my Milano **Interior and Front Bumper Update**

Bump for updates/graph etc.
  74. TypeGRRR

My Arctic Blue DC5

So, are you bringing this along to the Essex meet on Saturday then? it's pretty local to you too. ;)
  75. TypeGRRR

New car, R32 Golf, V6 ftw. Launch control vid PG13.

Much better Mike. :cool:
  76. TypeGRRR

Yes I will be, see you there. :)
  77. TypeGRRR

Just dropped my car off at my local garage. The last time I drove it, I felt a slight knocking, when I did a quick visual check at home, I noticed the O/S outer CV boot had split and was covered in grease. Hopefully it's just a case of replacing the boot and repacking it with grease, if not I...
  78. TypeGRRR

Will an EK9 filter fit EP3??

Definately not. The K20 engine sits back to front when compared to the EK9's B16 engine for a start.
  79. TypeGRRR

ADVAN AD08

Rim protection is OK, what you will notice is that they come up quite wide, my 195's look more like 205's, so you get more overhang on the rim, which obviously helps. Here's a pic of the overhang on my wheels. The side walls are stiff, which makes for a slightly harsher ride, but greatly...
  80. TypeGRRR

ADVAN AD08

Quite a few opinions of them in this thread, including my own.
  81. TypeGRRR

ep3 safe cruising revs/speed

Wow, everyone's a joker tonight aren't they... :rolleyes: A Civic will happily sit at 4k rpm for extended periods, I doubt it will lap it up quite as well as an M5, but it'll be fine. 250 miles a tank is pretty poor for motorway work though, have you recorded a tank since the service?
  82. TypeGRRR

Jack's PY K20 EK9

Great project! :cool: Where's the b16b now?
  83. TypeGRRR

AJ, the guy who shot my car for Total Honda, just posted this on my Facebook. It's my new favourite pic of my car. :cool:
  84. TypeGRRR

My 4g Prelude track car

I can't believe the damage to that tyre! Out if interest at what speed did you lock up and how far do you suspect you travelled whilst being 'locked up'?
  85. TypeGRRR

stereom1ke's FN2 Type R GT Deep Pearl Bronze. 1st Type R.

Very nice mate, now get those wheels sprayed up gold. :p
  86. TypeGRRR

It certainly looks better fella, a simple solution, but effective! :)
  87. TypeGRRR

I'm not the biggest fan of these front bumpers, but they're perfectly suited to what you need, by the looks of things. :D
  88. TypeGRRR

Cheers Karl, it's far too quiet for your tastes though. :p
  89. TypeGRRR

I have them already, I picked them up at the weekend. They are awaiting a bit of going over, I will post pics when they're in. :D
  90. TypeGRRR

where can i find a triangle exhaust rubber?

Oh right, I've just looked it up on Lings, Honda Part No: 18215-S5A-A11, looks to be a little over £5. Try posting the above part number in this thread, they might be able to shave off a few pennies... ;)
  91. TypeGRRR

where can i find a triangle exhaust rubber?

Do you mean a gasket, if so try searching 'exhaust gasket' instead, do you mean this?
  92. TypeGRRR

my CW 96spec teg build - dslr pics added

That's the TRO spirit, you'll fit right in. :lol: Have you found the private lounge yet?
  93. TypeGRRR

I don't know too much about the Concerto to be honest, but I'd imagine that would have the D series engine, not a B series. I have the first gen JDM B16A, DOHC 1.6 16v VTEC, with PFI. No arguments here, but I decided on performance over looks in the end.
  94. TypeGRRR

Cheers, it's definitely growing on me, it's infinitely better than the huge fart can that came with the car originally.
  95. TypeGRRR

29/05/2012 - Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust fitted So I had my exhaust fitted at TGM on Saturday, the fitting was fairly straight forward. Ken had to bend a few of the hangers on the car to get it sitting nice and straight, however it was more a case of bending them back to their original...
  96. TypeGRRR

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Domo FTW. :D
  97. TypeGRRR

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Looking great JT. Cool location too, how did you manage to organise that?
  98. TypeGRRR

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I'll update my thread soon, but as a quick snippet... it has certainly helped the performance particularly at high revs, though I'm not 100% sold on the looks and (lack of) sound. I can't believe how quiet it is...
Back