• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DaveKelz

My '05 NHB CTR - Time to say goodbye :(

Well it's come to that time guys, she's gotta go :'( Gotta bite the bullet and sell her for house money. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?88250-Honda-Civic-Type-R-2005-Nighthawk-Black-57-600-£6-200-ono&p=1147708#post1147708
  2. DaveKelz

Passenger side window randomly stopped working

I just did this, came on here for a fix and found this thread. Looked down and my button was on! /embarrassed face!
  3. DaveKelz

Newbie Pics Silver Civic Type R - 100k

A bit like this thread has, it's 4 years old!!
  4. DaveKelz

Yeah I have the oem discs Sun so looking like it's best to go with the DS2500's anyways. Cheers for the info lads, will be ordering some of them pretty soon :) Cheers Chris! Progress has got pretty slow lately, trying to save up for mortgage deposit without having to sell her! So far so good! ;)
  5. DaveKelz

Alreet peeps! Had a notice from garage that my brake pads will need changing very shortly. Want to get some aftermarket ones and do it myself. Thinking about going for either some EBC Red stuff pads or the ferodo DS2500's. Any opinions on these or better alternatives?
  6. DaveKelz

Snapped Wheel Nuts

But in a previous post, Tom said that in order to swap the studs, the hubs have to come off and be stripped down anyways?
  7. DaveKelz

Snapped Wheel Nuts

Hhmmmm, is it worth buying a second hand hub off eBay or would it be best to get one straight from Honda? One on eBay for about £45 atm, not sure how much they are new?
  8. DaveKelz

Snapped Wheel Nuts

Yeah they've just put them in as tight as possible just to be safe I guess, causing me alot of hassle!
  9. DaveKelz

Snapped Wheel Nuts

I was told there may be an inspection hole somewhere in behind the hub? If not then it looks like I will be getting a new hub altogether. What a ball ache!
  10. DaveKelz

Snapped Wheel Nuts

Naw they've definately snapped off inside the wheel!
  11. DaveKelz

Snapped Wheel Nuts

Right, after having a few new tyres put on it was brought to my attention that my car had the wrong wheel bolts fitted to it (tapered instead of rounded). Now I've come to replace them and all's gone well apart from 2 on my front drivers side! I'm not sure if the garage had tightened them up...
  12. DaveKelz

Az's JDM EP3 build thread

Love this mate, care and attention on this thing is amazing, right up my street :D
  13. DaveKelz

Duffy's Milano EP3

They do look smart, just I've read on here that aftermarket nuts shouldn't be used on standard wheels as they have different tapered ends? Not sure if this applied to these or not as I'm after a set for mine :)
  14. DaveKelz

Duffy's Milano EP3

Car is looking lovely mate, nice and clean with nice subtle mods. Where did you get your D1 spec, wheel nuts too?
  15. DaveKelz

2004 satin silver ep3

Its not standard, it has different colour wheels :P What are your plans for it etc?
  16. DaveKelz

Nashy's NHB EP3 - now CW FN2

Lovely and clean this one mate, good effort :D Liking the ride hight too, something I'm tempted to do with mine. What've you got planned next?
  17. DaveKelz

My second type r *new pics of it modded*

Now there's a bump if I've ever seen one!
  18. DaveKelz

Still looking for a little help on this guys, and would like to get most of it sorted over this weekend while I have the time :) Oh, and where would be the best/cheapest place to get a set of DC5 pedals and footrest? Much love!
  19. DaveKelz

Wheel Bolts

Instead of making another thread I thought I'd bring this one back up. I've just had new tyres fit to the civic and its MOT done recently. Both garages have asked me if I've fit aftermarket bolts on as they aren't the right fit (I haven't). Just wondering where I could find a set of...
  20. DaveKelz

Just had a new tyre fitted on the car, and a full service + MOT. Now both the guy who fitted the tyre and the guy who did the MOT have both asked me if my wheel nuts are aftermarket, as they have had problems removing them. I have standard wheels and haven't changed the wheel nuts at all! I...
  21. DaveKelz

Cheers for answering the questions Suits :D Haven't been on in a while, mainly down to the weather being crap and not being able to clean her, which makes me lose a little interest :( Just thinking about what to do next though and would like to sort the bulbs out all round. Just wondering...
  22. DaveKelz

Had a brake caliper painting kit for a while, so decided to make the most of the good weather today and get them done. Took each wheel off one by one, cleaned and sealed it, and gave the calipers 2 coats of paint each. Before: After: :D
  23. DaveKelz

Bens - Civic Type R EP3 NHB Orange Monster

This is what confused me :D
  24. DaveKelz

Bens - Civic Type R EP3 NHB Orange Monster

Looks smart mate, nice to see something different! Why does it have indicators on the body and in the wing mirrors though?
  25. DaveKelz

Cheers mate, after looking at them now I prefer them too. Thanks Vincent, you have a pm! Cheers Darren, I'm all about making things look pretty. The GM does that plus more :D Thanks k20! One good clean on the engine bay and then it's a case of keeping on top of it taspan. Cheers bud!
  26. DaveKelz

Cheers Crumb, glad you like it :D Guessed you were right on the fake mugens Sun, so went for the Skunk2's to keep in with the theme! Ordered yesterday at around 2pm and were here by 11am today! Excuse the dirt, all needs a good going over!
  27. DaveKelz

Does anyone know where I could find these black Mugen reservoir covers? Can't seem to find them anywhere!
  28. DaveKelz

Crumb's NHB EP3

Just read this all the way through Crumb and I love it! Be more than happy if mine turns out like this one! :D So what's next?
  29. DaveKelz

It's funny you say that mate, whenever I take my mates out in it their cheeks hurt from smiling so much :D Does sound mint Riter! You HAVE to get one! Young, that is mine! No more waiting lol!
  30. DaveKelz

Sorry about the lateness of these, been slacking with updating the thread! Had the Gruppe M on for a couple weeks now, and have to say it's one of the craziest things I've heard! I'll let the pics do the talking: Petrol seems to be disappearing now! :D
  31. DaveKelz

Best front component speakers that fit straight in

I would go with the DLS components, saves installing the spacers, plus they'll sound alot better compared to the infinity's!
  32. DaveKelz

Shaenei's Cosmic EP3 **Premier Recaro Seats Fitted ** Page 36

They aren't 6k are they? Look pretty blue!
  33. DaveKelz

Earthing Kit

As said LeeH is your man, great bit of kit!
  34. DaveKelz

Yeah mate, this will be the first performance mod :D
  35. DaveKelz

Finally decided to bite the bullet and bought myself a Gruppe M. Came up on CTRO for sale and thought why not? She should be here tomorrow. Also got a red earthing kit from LeeH and fit that today:
  36. DaveKelz

HID Pic Request

37. DaveKelz

I had trouble getting it to stay in place on the passenger side too, lucky had a mate there to help me though. I put them under the rubber trim, over the metal bit inside so the rubbers then go over the clips. Very happy with them, kinda hard to see at night but not too bad during the day!
  38. DaveKelz

Gave the car a quick clean today while it was dry and got a couple snaps of the new bits fitted. Think I'm gonna get the rear 3 windows tinted now with a dark smoke so it all ties in. Hope ya'll like! :D
  39. DaveKelz

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

Really like them mate, colours tie in very well :D
  40. DaveKelz

Some more goodies: Just waiting for a decent weekend to put them on and give the car a clean!
  41. DaveKelz

New Headunit needed

I have the IDA-X305 the same as Nick. Looks great, sounds great and very easy to use with the controls being the same as the iPod!
  42. DaveKelz

Hehe, thanks for the comments lads, she was in dire need of a clean! Ordered some JDM wind deflectors and JDM carbon door sills, should be here pretty soon! :D
  43. DaveKelz

GROUP BUY - GruppeM

I'd be interested if theres enough of a discount!
  44. DaveKelz

Shaenei's Cosmic EP3 **Premier Recaro Seats Fitted ** Page 36

Looks like an air freshner may have caused the damage in the first place? Center of the vents, maybe they tried scratching off the sticky crap left on there?
  45. DaveKelz

Spent most of yesterday cleaning inside of car all hoovered and wiped down ready for new mats. Even done all the door shuts and engine bay. Pics aren't the best but you get the point: New mats in: Clean interior: Clean doorshuts: New Rad Cap: Engine Bay Cleaned...
  46. DaveKelz

Lmao, I was actually saying that to Nick yesterday. Think I'll be driving bare foot from now on :D
  47. DaveKelz

A coupe goodies turned up today! J's Racing Radiator Cap: JDM Mats baby!: Mats are quality, so hard wearing they feel like door mats!
  48. DaveKelz

Yeah, they're the 35w 6k kit. And sorry Terry, kinda did slack with these :D
  49. DaveKelz

Straight to the point, cheers Nick ;)
  50. DaveKelz

These were from hids4u, you'll probably need the bulb holders aswell which you can find one ebay!
  51. DaveKelz

Yeah mate they're 6k aswell, a happy medium between looks and vision I think :D
  52. DaveKelz

HID's finally in, still got some modifying to do with the clips etc. Got 2 weeks off now so plenty of time to get it all sorted!
  53. DaveKelz

FN2

Didn't know what to expect coming into this thread tbh, but I think you may have pulled it off. Credit for having the balls to try it out too!!
  54. DaveKelz

09 Crystal Black FN2: The end of an era!

That's stunning mate, really like it :D
  55. DaveKelz

Fitting HIDs Help!

Just a couple of questions people. Just wondering if I need to take the headlights out as it seems to be a pretty tight fit on the drivers side with the washer bottle in the way, can't even get the rubber boot out! Another thing, the 2 metal spade connectors that fit into the existing plug...
  56. DaveKelz

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Cars looking nice mate, install looks well done as well, some quality gear in there :smt023
  57. DaveKelz

This a good upgrade choice?

I think the slimline ones you mentioned before would be your best bet for standard installation mate. They're pretty decent speakers and theres no need for MDF baffles etc :D
  58. DaveKelz

Dash Bulbs

I actually used that Lottie, very good guide, but answers none of my questions :lol:
  59. DaveKelz

I had a bulb out so was just gonna get a set of Xenons, thought fookit I'm gonna get them later on anyways so.... Not too much of a bugger to fit are they?
  60. DaveKelz

Next mod ordered: Can't see this stopping anytime soon....
  61. DaveKelz

Dash Bulbs

Just wondering where you guys get your replacement dash bulbs from. And if anyone has a labelled diagram of the rear of the dashboard, so I know what bulbs are for what. Cheers peeps :D
  62. DaveKelz

Bonnet looks lovely mate, not over the top, just right :D
  63. DaveKelz

Thanks JMR, now I have that though, I need more! I'm thinking Gruppe M, red earthing kit and J's Racing strut! Hhhhmmmm.....
  64. DaveKelz

JMR Tie Bar in, thanks dude!
  65. DaveKelz

Pretty smart mate, bet it looks sweet installed. You have to bodge the edges or anything to get it to fit?
  66. DaveKelz

I put 10k average, and its on a driveway. With Tesco insurance, give them a try! You could buy sony etc over the more expensive Alpine units, but then you don't get the looks, sound quality, build quality, quality, qua........... You get my point :D
  67. DaveKelz

Thanks Joe! Danga, my insurance is £90 a month, I'm 21 and have 3 years NCB, thats FC as well :D
  68. DaveKelz

caliper painting

Gonna be doing mine soon as well. Would 1 coat of paint be enough if I'm putting type R stick on and laquering them after?
  69. DaveKelz

Looking good Nicky, not seen many of these around! Easy enough to fit?
  70. DaveKelz

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Could you guys put some pics up of the old style R fitted please?
  71. DaveKelz

New look forum graphics

Could you guys put some pics up of the old style R fitted please?
  72. DaveKelz

Headlights

Yeah, I kinda meant that you're unlikely to be pulled with 5k HID's, as they'll just look like decent headlights....
  73. DaveKelz

Headlights

5k HIDs, you won't get pulled and you'll have awesome headlights. Shabba!
  74. DaveKelz

SkellyOps' Bronze FN2 GT

Very nice mate, love the colour! Get that engine bay cleaned up! :P
  75. DaveKelz

Gave it a quick going over yesterday while the weather was dry for a few hours. Did the engine bay as well. Started raining after the first snap so only got a couple. Hope you like!
  76. DaveKelz

Think it charges all of them Nickolas ;) Full control and charging for: iPod 5G iPod nano 1G - 4G iPod classic iPod touch 1G and 2G iPhone and 3G iPhone
  77. DaveKelz

Think I paid around £270 from car audio direct. Lucky for you it's now been reduced to £250 here! And yeah, it is compatible: iPod Compatibility Full control and charging for: iPod 5G iPod nano 1G - 4G iPod classic iPod touch 1G and 2G iPhone and 3G iPhone
  78. DaveKelz

brake light gone

Just get standards to replace them mate. Think the silvertech ones are for indicator bulbs aren't they? To get rid of the orangatang look!
  79. DaveKelz

Thought I'd get some piccies up of the new Headunit. Was a bitch to fit, but got there in the end :D Alpine IDA-X305: Album art shown on screen: Controlled just like an iPod: Night Shot: Red back light: Goes with the dash ;) : All powered by 8GB of: Certainly...
  80. DaveKelz

Album art enabled head units

Would have thought so mate, try switching modes, see if it picks it up.
  81. DaveKelz

:confused:
  82. DaveKelz

HID Lights

I'm looking at getting this HID kit for the civic. Just wondering which bulbs to get for the sidelights so they don't look out of place? Cheers!
  83. DaveKelz

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Very nice mate, any more pics of the engine bay?
  84. DaveKelz

For future reference, I've tried it with one of my mates and it does. :D
  85. DaveKelz

Any idea if the X305 works with the new generation of iPod nano's Nick/Jermal? It's not listed in the manual but I think the headunit was made before these were out. It's the 4th Gen ones I'm on about:
  86. DaveKelz

Aftermarket Headunit Removal!

Guess I was just having a complete and utter noob day yesterday. Went out and looked at the wires, and connected up the bullet tipped wires according to colour, red to red, yellow to yellow and orange to orange. Ignition on, on comes my headunit. Bottom panel connected, on comes the...
  87. DaveKelz

That would be why my hazards aren't working, I left the bottom panel off last night. I'll go grab a pic...
  88. DaveKelz

Yeah I have one of them, thats basically all I could connect up. There were some coloured hanging wires though, think 3 of them were for steering remote, not sure on the others though, red, yellow and a few others. Just went for a drive and seems my indicators aren't working either...
  89. DaveKelz

Right so I've put the top dash panel back in and plugged everything in but the bugger won't power on! I don't get it, surely the power cables are all in with the block connections?
  90. DaveKelz

Yeah it's the Alpine IDA-X305. If it's just the aerial adaptor I need, should the cd player just work, just with no radio?
  91. DaveKelz

They're the wires, doesn't fit in the 1 pin one though. Nothing on the right either :S
  92. DaveKelz

Right, another problem. What is this cable, I'm guessing power? and where does it fit in my cd player? Thanking you!
  93. DaveKelz

Just been out and managed to undo the bolts, brute force with the screwdriver :D Managed to get the top part off, looks like the owner was anal as the whole thing is actually bolted in. I would have used the release keys but unfortunately these weren't supplied. Gonna go try fit the new...
  94. DaveKelz

I've removed the bottom panel with the cigarette lighter connection and gear gaitor and the 2 screws holding the metal bracket but thats about it. its just the 2 8mm bolts I'm having problems with, looks like the previous owner has rounded the heads on the posidrive slots too!
  95. DaveKelz

Hey peeps, trying to remove my JVC headunit to fit my new Alpine one. What a ballache so far, got the gear stick panel off alright and unscrewed the 2 screws. Apparantly now you just wriggle the mounting bracket off, this isn't coming off no matter how hard I try! And those 2 8mm bolts.....I...
  96. DaveKelz

J's Racing Air Intake System, Carbon

How much did you manage to get yours for petey?
  97. DaveKelz

My white type-r

Stunning, white on white :D
  98. DaveKelz

Naw, it was a JVC one, sure I'll find out soon enough. Any ideas on the uprated bulbs?
  99. DaveKelz

Would I need the adapter if an aftermarket headunit had already been installed?
  100. DaveKelz

Well here is where it starts. My first purchase for the car, being an Alpine lover had to be the headunit. Saw Nick had one in his and really liked it. Should be here within a few days and will have it in on the weekend. Another thing is one of my headlights is out, does anyone...
Back