• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Danger200

Won't make this mistake again

So glad I renewed with you, the only way to do so is to ring up using your premium rate 0844 number, which is 45p a minute and it took 48minutes to go through the whole process. So for anyone interested, instead of making the mistake I did by calling their number 0844 381 6512 and have it...
  2. Danger200

Danger's new whip - Venom

***long post warning*** I have finally bit bullet and bought a new car! I've known this car since it was brand new, and I was the reason the guy actually bought it. Fast forward 7 and a bit years and I convinced him to buy another brand new S3 :lol: I know that he doesn't like faffing around...
  3. Danger200

Attaching photos

I noticed this when Lottie posted a photo and just now, does the forum not host images anymore? Rather than a picture it's just a link?
  4. Danger200

Post edits

I find the text disappearing when I go to edit a post. That is all.
  5. Danger200

New Section?

I have noticed that a fair few members that have and are doing things for charity, it's not many but over time I'm sure this will grow. Sometimes people have asked other members to sponsor their friends and family doing all sorts of things to raise money. So I wondered if there could be a...
  6. Danger200

Minging Type R

Copy paste from another forum
  7. Danger200

Budget HU

Alright peeps Basically my little sister (FO with the pics request because it will never happen) has just passed her driving test and has bought her first car. Well I want to get her a HU to play the amp and sub I have donated to her. BUT I want the HU to have Bluetooth so she is able to talk...
  8. Danger200

Front bumper

Not long after buying my Civic, I parked it on my sloped driveway but didn't leave it in gear (not realising how crap the handbrake is) and the car slowly rolled down my driveway onto my back gates over the course of the night. The bolt that goes into the ground pierced a perfect circle into...
  9. Danger200

My signature

It has been taken from me........why does Griffin still have his? Not trying to grass him up or anything.
  10. Danger200

Cam cover colour

Good afternoon peeps. Weren't really sure where to post this, but I am going for an orange theme with my Civic and I quite like the Mugen orange of my 10bhp socks. Is there any car out there with a very similar colour? The only reason I ask is because I want to paint my RARB in the same...
  11. Danger200

Colli 476s

I'm after buying some of the above but I have spotted this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html is it really worth paying the extra for this carlack thing? Surely my clay would do a similar job? I would probably go: 2BM, clay, AG SRP, AG...
  12. Danger200

Scooby Calipers

Quick question, how much of a PITA would it be to fit Scooby calipers and disks? Cheers
  13. Danger200

Condenser FAIL!....possibly

Good evening all. I had my A/C topped up a couple weeks back as it was empty, once done it was pretty cool but I wasn't convinced it was cold enough. Unfortunately cold weather set in the day after for a few days, I was paranoid the A/C wasnt working. Eventually the warm weather set in and A/C...
  14. Danger200

Horrible noise!

Driving home I was coming down a country road that had heavy flowing water down one side (due to the rain) which I had to basically stay in because the road was narrow. I heard this horrible noise so immediately turned into someone's driveway :lol: I jumped out the car expecting to see my wheel...
  15. Danger200

What's the difference?

Between AG Odour Eliminator and AG Autofresh (name may have changed names)? Links if interested. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_377923_langId_-1_categoryId_165651...
  16. Danger200

Third Brake Light

Good afternoon TRO. How much would it cost for me to put a third brake light in the tailgate from a Sport? (not sure if the lower models have them too) Also I assume it would require the trim panels too? I would go to the local scrappy but there isn't any near me that keep Civics. Cheers people.
  17. Danger200

Silicone Hoses

Good evening TRO I'm after an orange silicone induction hose for my EP3, the only place I can find one is the SFS website. I wondered if anyone knew of any other manufacturer that makes them? Samco/Venair/Egay dont seem to be helping as they only offer blue/black/possibly red. I have also...
  18. Danger200

Lambo Detail

A few posts have been put on here about detailing, so I think it's only right to post a link to a detail of a 1997 Diablo. I loved these cars when I was younger, typical poster on the wall of this beast flying along or parked up with the doors open. The amount of muck and tar that comes off this...
  19. Danger200

Smelly tyres

I've noticed this a few times now, I've got back to my office and my rear tyres smell like I have been doing burnouts. I work near the country so the roads are twisty and generally fun to hoot around on, but the tyres stink! I sniffed the fronts and they are fine, no smell at all. I've had new...
  20. Danger200

FN2 Mugen 200 on Detailing World

Noticed this little beauty on DW http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=171489 I have told him to join up here :lol: I think it's very nice, not seen one in CW yet but I'm won over by it. I will remove the images if I'm not allowed to nab them from the owners photobucket.
  21. Danger200

PRC Inlet manifold

Good morning people. CPL racing list a PRC inlet manifold which seems to be a bit cheaper than the RBC. Is it an alternative to it (like the typhoon is to the AEM short ram) or completely different? I done a search and couldn't seem to find anything and I didn't want to email CPL as they may...
  22. Danger200

Air Con problems

Good morning TRO I haven't ever noticed this before so I dont know if it's normal or not (plus it dont help that this is my first car with A/C) but when I turned it on yesterday I heard what sounded like a gas leak sound coming from the dash area. Under the bonnet all the pipes seem fine...
  23. Danger200

Windscreen Rubber

Good Morning TRO I have only really noticed this today, but the rubber above my windshield doesnt sit flush with the roof and is rather loose. After all the rain it seems to be catching all the water, is there any way to replace this? It has had a new screen before I purchased so I dont think...
  24. Danger200

Power gains

Good morning mods I have noticed a few posts, pretty sure I was guilty of it, of people asking how much power is gained by GM, ARC etc. I wondered if there could be a sticky made up of peoples graphs from Dyno's to give everyone an idea of gains...
  25. Danger200

Karcher

Hi TRO I'm aiming this thread at people who know a bit about Karcher pressure washers. A little while back I created a thread about a jet washer but got side tracked. But recently I sustained a slight injury to my shin from my gf's slippy patio :lol: so I will be buying one very soon. Ok...
  26. Danger200

Exhaust Tail Pipe

Good afternoon TRO I havent long fitted a Piper Cat back to my car. When fitting my mate used some sort of sealant creamy looking stuff when he put it all together. Some of this stuff got onto my tail pipe, I never wiped it off but it has now caused a bit of surface rust and I cant seem to...
  27. Danger200

Parts breakdown

I've seen a few pictures posted on here a couple times with the construction of certain parts of the car such as heater matrix etc laid out like a Haynes manual. Is there a downloadable manual like this for the CTR or is it a matter of googling the areas I need? Cheers
  28. Danger200

Exhaust bolts

Good morning TRO Just a quick one really, I bought a piper cat back last night. Just wondered what the size of the three bolts are that attach it to the cat? Thanks for your help.
  29. Danger200

Flux Direct

Has anyone used this company before? I have never heard of them, I thought they were part of Adrian Flux but they aren't. Rung up and I don't think it's a very big company. Bit worried as they came in at like £600 cheaper than any other company
  30. Danger200

Passenger air bag cover

Now I know the EP3 isn't the best for not having creaks and knocking from the cabin but this has now recently started to make a creaking noise on any road that isn't completely flat. It stops when I put my hand on it, but obviously this isn't the solution whilst I'm driving :lol: I'm a bit...
  31. Danger200

Insurance - modified

Hi TRO. Need some advice on some decent insurance companies really. I'm currently with Elephant but don't really like them and am after changing companies, Admiral seem to be coming up trumps alot atm, but I'm also after one that will eventually cover some mods when I fit them, so that rules...
  32. Danger200

Servicing

Weren't really sure where to post this. Basically my car has allways been serviced by Honda, but just before I bought it the owners serviced it at a local garage. It does have FSH but I don't know whether to go back to Honda or to just get my local garage to service it as they are £100 cheaper...
  33. Danger200

Whining Noise

Hi again people I know the CTR engine has a whiney/sort of electric sounding engine as standard, but mine has appeared to have been progressively getting louder since I have owned it. It is due it's first major service soon, but due to money prolems I have changed the oil recently to keep it...
  34. Danger200

Heaters

Not entirely sure if this is in the right section or not, but after putting my blowers on this morning to clear my windscreen I noticed a damp smell coming from them (when on hot and cold) and the same goes for when the air con is on. Everything is working fine and they are getting to the right...
  35. Danger200

POI Sat Nav users

Hi people, I found this whilst I was searching for some local Maccy D's as my and some friends are going on a road trip tomorrow. Just thought I would share as I'm going to find this very useful for finding breakfast. http://www.go2poi.com/partner/mcdonalds.php?c=en Enjoy
  36. Danger200

Clutch issues

Hi people Earlier today I noticed my clutch felt like it was creaking and when I opened my window and pushed it down it actually sounded like a creaking door. I tried having it at low revs then building progressively, I tried spirited driving and it feels fine no slipping or anything like that...
  37. Danger200

Square number plates

Hi people Just wondered if anyone could recommend a place where they you can get square number plates made up, but with the Japanese flag and a red border around the plate? Also I'm not entirely sure of the legalities of having this flag, would I get tugged by the fuzz (no pun intended) for...
  38. Danger200

the "jap" look

can you help? basically i was wondering how i can make my EP3 more jap looking? like with the euro look its about smooth and an unfussed look. but i'm a bit stuck when it comes to the "jap" look. all i can think about is a straight cut exhaust and a square number plate, am i missing off some...
  39. Danger200

Transmission Fluid

rung up my local stealership to see how much a full service was and what was included in it and the woman on the phone said about a transmission fluid change...i thought transmission fluid was in automatics? as they wouldnt need to change the gearbox oil as its sealed up and they very rarely...
  40. Danger200

Mobil 1 0w-40

Just wanted to post this up quick, found this for £38 in halfrauds over the weekend. worth a purchase if you use it :cool:
  41. Danger200

Head unit

im after some help please people, just fitted my new head unit which is single din sony, but for some reason it seems like the back of the unit has angled downwards too much so the fascia looks like its facing upwards. is there meant to be something supporting the unit? i have this rubber bung...
  42. Danger200

Super spray

has any one used this before http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/super-spray-hose-end-sprayer/prod_335.html i know its only ten quid and it will never be as good as the snow foam lance but if im at my birds house and i havent taken my old pressure washer is this any good? or would i...
  43. Danger200

wheel arch

hi there, sorry if this is in the wrong section. werent really too sure where to post this thread. when clean my wheels i noticed that some of the inner wheel arch protector has flaked off, probably from a jetwash, maybe stones off the road. i wondered what i can use to recoat this. cheers
  44. Danger200

Pressure Washer - Best Value

Hi peeps i'm after a new pressure washer, preferably karcher because i like to stick with the big names, ive seen a deal in machine machine mart for £100 http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/k2900m-deluxe-washer-package/path/domestic-power-washers i just wondered if anyone spoke...
  45. Danger200

Front Bumper

Quick question for you lovely people, is it easy to get a front bumper off an EP3 CTR pre-facelift? is there a "how to" or anything? Thanks for your help
  46. Danger200

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

Hi there people I'm sure a few of you have spoke to me on other threads but I thought I would introduce myself properly as I have failed to do so, so far. And wanted to start a little thread on my CTRs progress. My names Martin, I live in the Kent area and I am the proudish owner of a...
  47. Danger200

Help - alarm messed up

Please help im desparate. i have a 52 plate civic with the h&r alarm. since i have bought it the alarm has never been right, it doesnt respond to the fob, so i bought new batteries and that never seemed to cure the problem. well earlier at work two of my technicians come back to the office...
  48. Danger200

Fitting Double DIN - security?

Hi there I know this question has been asked alot, but I have decided to buy myself a Kenwood unit DVD jobbie. has anyone got a picture of a dounble din fitted, not the standard satnav unit btw :p. BUT my main concern is security for my car as it doesnt have a face off like most headunits. has...
  49. Danger200

crunching gear

Good morning people After my car before my CTR, I'm paranoid about about my clutch and gearbox (last car went through 4 gearboxes and 2 clutches in 2 years) now it feels like my gears are clunky and theres a bit of resistance going into first and second at low speed, and when theres vtec...
  50. Danger200

manifold

Hi peeps After much thought I have decided that when funds allow I'm going to buy the piper system. After that I think i will get the manifold and sports cat. After looking at my standard manifold yesterday it actually looks pretty big, the pipes look bigger than the piper system. would the...
  51. Danger200

tappets!

hi people i dont know if i have posted this in the right section. i have had my EP3 for like 3 weeks now and now theres a noise that sounds like tappets coming from the engine, that gets louder when the revs build. im not going to lie i have had some spirited :twisted: driving experiences in...
  52. Danger200

bulbs

hi again people just a quick question really, has anyone fitted the blue LED sidelight bulbs to a CTR and are they illegal? i think they look quite good for dusk time cruising and fancied a pair. also my front indicator bulbs are slowly losing their colour and i can see cracks in the...
  53. Danger200

oil burner

now i know the CTR relys on oil for that vtec kick (i havent long had the car) driving around i started to notice the kick werent as firm as before and noticed the oil was low. now i topped it up to the max fill line just after fuelling the beast, 120miles later and the oil is back to the min...
  54. Danger200

ferrodo pads

hello there everyone has recommended that i go for ferrodo pads the DS ones, i was wondering if there were any traders for these or if anyone could recommend a good company who supply them? thanks
  55. Danger200

caliper painting

hi people i wondered if there was a walk through for painting calipers, or if anyone could give me some tips on how to do it? do i need to pinch the brake lines aswell? thanks for your help
  56. Danger200

double din, jap feel

hi people im after a double din unit that plays dvd's and the usual things that you need from a radio basically, i have found these below. im just after advice from someone who has had one before or who knows anything about them really...
  57. Danger200

engine

hi people a couple questions really, firstly found this thread http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59414 and some of the engine bays are absolutely spanking, and really i was after any advice on cleaning my engine bay, i have the autoglym engine and machine cleaner which is...
  58. Danger200

Piper

Hi people i have decided that i will start modding by making the car sound nice and then the other stuff when im richer. basically i want to embrace the fact that this is a jap car and comsidered a slash cut exhaust, but then i have seen this...
  59. Danger200

alarm fob

Hi people not long bought a CTR 52 plate with the, i think, is it the H&R alarm? its not the standard honda one, it has the sensors on the a-pillars. well, i dont understand how the alarm and immobiliser work with each other. basically i unlock the car, dont start it straight away, say i have...
  60. Danger200

New father

as with any new dad i'm excited to welcome to the world my new baby, although she will be 7 in september shes mine now :D cost me £6350 with 47k on the clock and i'm really happy with it. i hope my attachments work, so you can see her
  61. Danger200

first mods on a EP3

looking at getting an EP3 very soon. just wondered what order i should get my mods, i want to do exhaust (manifold back), wheels, induction and suspension. also its a bit of a grey area when it comes to jap cars as im leaving the ford scene. B pipes, headers, spoon n1's....it's very confusing...
  62. Danger200

Red stuff or green stuff

Anyone recommend either of them? i had green stuff pads on my last car but apparently you need red stuff over 200bhp and them need to be warmed up or something. can anyone help?
  63. Danger200

Compomotive

I know that the CTR sits perfectly on its standard wheels but i do want to change them at some stage just to stand out, and just wondered if anyone had any pics of one with the compomotive alloys? cheers
  64. Danger200

any views on this performance package?

i found this and thought it looked quite resonable, especially as a starter in the world of modding https://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year=2001%2B+EP3+CIVIC+TYPE+R&level1=xx+TUNING+PACKAGES+xx&level2=STAGE+1&level3=&id_product=4234
  65. Danger200

Why buy a CTR??

just a discussion really. i'm getting to the stage where my fiesta is grinding on me and keeps going wrong so i need a new car. there are three cars that i fancy that are all in the same sort of price bracket. the CTR, a beemer 330ci and an astra turbo coupe or hatch back. i prefer the CTR and...
  66. Danger200

head unit

hi people im a soon to be CTR owner, before i buy it i want to line up some goodies to treat it to. just a quick question about head units. now for some reason in my head i swear the CTR can accept a double DIN unit or am i dreaming this? if it is possible to accept a double, im after putting...
  67. Danger200

Newbie questions.

Hi people first time poster on this forum, hopefully be a regular when i get my CTR :D cant wait!!!! im sure these questions have been asked a million times before, but i have a few queries before i go out and buy one. both me and my mate are going to test drive and purchase one of these lil...
Back